Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 04-23-2011, 06:12 AM   #1
Britty

Hello peoples

hey all, im britty if it isnt obvious... okay ill get on to the questions

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
well i dont do anything.. okay thats a lie... i like to draw, and read (read way to much for my own good), im karate student, but other then that i dont do much... i like being isolated and by myself.

2. Where are you from?
the land down under or Australia

3. Who is your favorite author?
oooo thats a really hard one... i dont have one... i read way to many great books to choose, just one good author.

4. What are your favorite films?
dracula, screams, anime films (too many to name), van helsing, lost boys (all of them),..... and more that i cant name (cant remember off top of my head)

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
now i dont know if i wanna get married but if i do would have... i swear she the one by sparks the rescue (punk rock band), hearts on fire by bullet for my valentine, ummm..... i dont know

6. At your funeral?
hmm..... cries in vein and road to nowhere by bullet for my valentine

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
i would either like to die doing something i love .... or what ever just so long as its memorable

8. What kind of casket would you want?
well i would like a jet black one with skull and cross bones on the top and blood splattered paint on it too... XD just cause that would be epic

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
i would have to say my black converses, fishnet stokings, plad pink mini, and my black t-shirt with wined skull on the back... with my chocker .

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
getting away with things and not getting in a heap of trouble for it

11. What's your favorite band?
sparks the rescue

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
up to high school so far... i want to be an anomationest

13. Why did you join?
well im goth... i havent met anyone like me in aus... just wanna bes and emos... which sucks cause no one to relate to... i just wanna talk to people ... share music ideas and so on ....

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
im a girl
Britty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 08:33 AM   #2
Annihilation

In b4 everyone calls you a poser.

Welcome anyway.
Annihilation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:47 AM   #3
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
I hate to say it but you are a poseur by definition since none of the music you mentioned is even remotely of the Gothic rock genre, I won't hold it against you(unless of course you refuse to accept the truth), it's not exactly the easiest thing to learn about. Wikipedia has it right though, but its not exactly the place you would think of going to for info on goth.

As for the lost boys, I saw all of them, only really liked the first. Though the ending of "the thirst" was rather interesting, I wonder if they'll go anywhere with that. Van Helsing didn't like so much the whole vampires laying eggs thing, and how the bridges of Dracula looked while they were going all vampy. Not to mention I'm not a fan of all the movies out there that try to squeeze as many legends as they can into one film(league of extraordinary gentlemen).

I am bored.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:51 PM   #4
Britty

please dont call me a poser...

and my music.. yeah true but then again... i dont know a lot of music.. hence wanting to know more. i just mentioned my fave songs really... or the ones just randomly come up on my ipod.

yeah liked the first one the best too, but had to see the others for the sake of it, plot just got weird when they added in the raves, but still good. Van Helsing though not following the vampire story, it still different i like different. Dracula's a classic, and old so not meant to be perfect.
yeah i don't really watch a lot of movies... but i remember another one i liked which is interview with a vampire. i got the book actually.

okay kool
Old 04-23-2011, 06:10 PM   #5
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
I think you would look better in a choker rather than a chocker, or were you trying to say you like wear a look of being irritated?

But welcome anyway. We need the chicks.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:14 PM   #6
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britty View Post
please dont call me a poser...

and my music.. yeah true but then again... i dont know a lot of music.. hence wanting to know more. i just mentioned my fave songs really... or the ones just randomly come up on my ipod.
Hi!

I'll try to start you off. Some of my favorites include:

Sisters of Mercy, Siouxsie and the Banshees, The Cure, Alien Sex Fiend, Fields of Nephilhiem, and Killing Joke.

But listen to whatever you like. It's just that some people are particular with the "G" word.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:41 PM   #7
Annihilation

Just to clarify: I didn't call you a poser; these guys did.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:22 AM   #8
Britty

thanks humanepain for correcting my horrible spelling....

hey versus and thanks, ill be sure to have a look at them ... its just getting the music i have trouble with.... technology hates me... -.-
yeah i manly listen to heavy metal, punk, screamo so on.... from different unknown and known bands...

actually annihilation.... only you have mentioned poser
Old 04-24-2011, 12:36 AM   #9
Annihilation

Quote:
thanks humanepain for correcting my horrible spelling....

hey versus and thanks, ill be sure to have a look at them ... its just getting the music i have trouble with.... technology hates me... -.-
yeah i manly listen to heavy metal, punk, screamo so on.... from different unknown and known bands...

actually annihilation.... only you have mentioned poser
Because I called them up on it before they could. Look at older introductions and you will see what they're really like. If you want to be a conceited little bitch, sure.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:38 AM   #10
Britty

okay im sorry mate, well thank you.... i didnt realize
Old 04-24-2011, 12:47 AM   #11
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annihilation View Post
Because I called them up on it before they could. Look at older introductions and you will see what they're really like. If you want to be a conceited little bitch, sure.
You are such dick skinner. It's obvious what you were saying.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:09 AM   #12
Annihilation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
You are such dick skinner. It's obvious what you were saying.
Excuse me? Dude I warned her about people like you. If I hadn't said that, you would've done exactly what I have accused you of doing. You're Kontan right? I remember you always insulted people because of their taste in music, what they read, and other really stupid superficial shit. You only decided to act nice because I made the first post. I don't think she is a poser. I grew out of that bullshit a long, long time ago.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:48 AM   #13
MissCheyenne

Renatus is right, none of the music you listed is goth but it doesn't really matter. If you're looking for music ideas, may I suggest hanging round in the music section, especially the 'what are you currently listening to' thread (or whatever it's called) and also, perhaps check out last.fm if you haven't already, that place is a goldmine for new music.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:52 AM   #14
Versus

Quote:
Excuse me? Dude I warned her about people like you. If I hadn't said that, you would've done exactly what I have accused you of doing. You're Kontan right? I remember you always insulted people because of their taste in music, what they read, and other really stupid superficial shit. You only decided to act nice because I made the first post. I don't think she is a poser. I grew out of that bullshit a long, long time ago.
Is that right, knob gobbler?

Quote:
Also, BlackBlood, I want to apologize. I was being elitist and an an asshole to you before, and it's not fair for me to judge you based on a few sentences you posted.
Quote:
Talking about that sort of thing is a bit of a faux pas here, and it gets very old so you're going to have to accept you are going to be met with irritation and sarcasm. Had you utilized the search function to see if anyone had brought it up before, you would know that. The prevailing line of thought is "Who cares?" We're all multifaceted people, and it's stupid to worry about if the person you are fits into a cookie cutter.
Weird.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:55 AM   #15
Annihilation

Quote:
Is that right, knob gobbler?

Weird.
Wow your insults are terrible. Those quotes are a blatant example of douchebaggery. You just proved my point.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:21 AM   #16
Britty

you two stop arguing over this, you sound like fuckin childern -.-
im not a poser and thats settle .... no arguing weather who called who a poser cause i dont give a shit right now .....
i just want talk makes some friends, get some epic new music and talk about things i have in common with people or what i have different.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:19 AM   #17
Fruitbat

Quote:
Back off dude. You pick on one Aussie, you pick on an entire nation and our New Zealand friends.

I'll fly over there and guano in your lunchbox, but I have a very hectic schedule of lunchboxes to fill so you may have to wait.

Welcome Britty, listen to whatever bands you like, keep an open mind and be as Goth as you like. Whereabouts in Oz do you hail from?

From the kind, and elderly Fruitbat, who was listening to the Cure long before almost everyone on this forum was a dirty thought. Blackmore's night is a good band - but they may or may not be goth.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:17 AM   #18
*Twitch

Quote:
you two stop arguing over this, you sound like fuckin childern -.-
im not a poser and thats settle .... no arguing weather who called who a poser cause i dont give a shit right now .....
i just want talk makes some friends, get some epic new music and talk about things i have in common with people or what i have different.
Haha, g-net....stop arguing? I'm not sure that's ever happened. I mostly lurk these days, the signal to noise ratio isn't what it used to be.

Epic music you say? Try out Depeche Mode, London After Midnight

Aaaand because punk is totally the shit... Rudimentary Peni and a local favorite; Machine Gun Dolly
Who condones this bloodlust?

-CONFLICT
*Twitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:59 PM   #19
Fruitbat

Twitch, I seriously have trouble remembering Depeche Mode as gothic... they were like all the other synth bands of the 80's...

God I was a goth and never knew it!

Old 04-25-2011, 08:46 PM   #20
Britty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
Back off dude. You pick on one Aussie, you pick on an entire nation and our New Zealand friends.

I'll fly over there and guano in your lunchbox, but I have a very hectic schedule of lunchboxes to fill so you may have to wait.

Welcome Britty, listen to whatever bands you like, keep an open mind and be as Goth as you like. Whereabouts in Oz do you hail from?

From the kind, and elderly Fruitbat, who was listening to the Cure long before almost everyone on this forum was a dirty thought. Blackmore's night is a good band - but they may or may not be goth.
Thanks for the welcome,
yeah i was kinda planing to anyway but getting more music to listen to is always a bonus, and i sure will be as goth as i like
I hail from Victoria, where do you hail from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Twitch View Post
Haha, g-net....stop arguing? I'm not sure that's ever happened. I mostly lurk these days, the signal to noise ratio isn't what it used to be.

Epic music you say? Try out Depeche Mode, London After Midnight

Aaaand because punk is totally the shit... Rudimentary Peni and a local favorite; Machine Gun Dolly
yeah i guess but really they sound like a couple of year 7 from my school -.- .... but guess its there choice.

yes i did say, and thanks for couple new bands to add to my list, yeah gotta love me punk music... ill take a look at those as well
Old 04-26-2011, 03:46 AM   #21
Fruitbat

Originally from South Australia, but in the past decade, I've travelled and lived on the eastern seaboard. I've done my time in Melbourne and Gippsland. Never really found a reason to stay in any one place long enough to get too attached.

I know they are pretty old but have you listened to the sex pistols?

Old 04-26-2011, 09:35 AM   #22
Annihilation

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome,
yeah i was kinda planing to anyway but getting more music to listen to is always a bonus, and i sure will be as goth as i like
I hail from Victoria, where do you hail from?

yeah i guess but really they sound like a couple of year 7 from my school -.- .... but guess its there choice.

yes i did say, and thanks for couple new bands to add to my list, yeah gotta love me punk music... ill take a look at those as well
I'm year 12, xD
Old 04-26-2011, 03:02 PM   #23
Britty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
Originally from South Australia, but in the past decade, I've travelled and lived on the eastern seaboard. I've done my time in Melbourne and Gippsland. Never really found a reason to stay in any one place long enough to get too attached.

I know they are pretty old but have you listened to the sex pistols?
wow you moved around a lot, i only moved from nsw to vic and then different places in vic.

no actually i haven't heard of them... well i don't think i have

Quote:
I'm year 12, xD
and i'm a year 11 so?
i said the way you guys were acting was like 12-13 yr olds.... not that you were ... silly XD
Old 04-26-2011, 04:05 PM   #24
*Twitch

Quote:

no actually i haven't heard of them... well i don't think i have
Waaaah? Check them out, they helped invent punk. Hell, the song I just linked got thier singer stabbed in an alley.

ALSO: CRASS is one of the most influential punk bands of all time.

Fruitbat, I could be wrong. They may just be one of those bands that are beloved of goths, but not goth themselves. To be fair I'm much more of a punk anyway.
Who condones this bloodlust?

-CONFLICT
*Twitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:13 PM   #25
AnotherVampireLover

Welcome, it's nice to meet you Britty I can tell you ike bullet for my valentine, that's cool I think they're good too (well I like their new stuff don't like their old stuff that much with the exception of a few songs). Hopefully you have a good time on this site.
AnotherVampireLover is offline   Reply With Quote