Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 04-19-2009, 01:20 PM   #126
Opteron_Man

This ends now. I apologise to the original creator of this.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:15 PM   #127
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane View Post
Man, you suck.
I would think that someone as used to being excluded and teased as you wouldn't just jump on the bandwagon just to divert attention from yourself.

Everyone else, leave Opteron alone.
If you think he's a moron, or annoying, or creepy, just don't talk to him.

To Malice: Relax, dude.
To everyone else: You should be ashamed of yourselves, and should probably shut the fuck up now.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:00 PM   #128
Pyre

To respond to one of the first arguments about "virgin or not," I think one point some of the members like badteccy were trying to make is that virginity is relative. Homosexuals lose their virginity in different ways than heterosexuals do. And, I don't want people claiming I lost my virginity years before I ever had vaginal penetration just because I experienced oral a few times.

Loss of virginity, to me (heterosexual), is the first time someone experiences vaginal sex willingly: I specify "willingly" because I don't believe someone should accuse ra.pe victims of losing their virginity. Anal sex has a lot of grey area that I have no opinion on, but oral is still considered foreplay.

Again, it's relative to the person and their sexual orientation. Some people believe in "born-again virginity," which I think is absurd, but that just goes to show more variance in the idea of virginity, that losing it can even be impermanent.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:28 PM   #129
maggot

This thread got really funny.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:28 PM   #130
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyre View Post
To respond to one of the first arguments about "virgin or not," I think one point some of the members like badteccy were trying to make is that virginity is relative. Homosexuals lose their virginity in different ways than heterosexuals do. And, I don't want people claiming I lost my virginity years before I ever had vaginal penetration just because I experienced oral a few times.

Loss of virginity, to me (heterosexual), is the first time someone experiences vaginal sex willingly: I specify "willingly" because I don't believe someone should accuse ra.pe victims of losing their virginity. Anal sex has a lot of grey area that I have no opinion on, but oral is still considered foreplay.

Again, it's relative to the person and their sexual orientation. Some people believe in "born-again virginity," which I think is absurd, but that just goes to show more variance in the idea of virginity, that losing it can even be impermanent.
tl;dr

but I'll try to assume what you were saying
bottom line, unless you really care about the hymen, the point between virginity and non-virginity is a social construct.

If that's your opinion, I agree. However, that's not what badteccy was saying, as her "it's not so black and white!!!!" backpedaling directly conflicts with her saying Tam was wrong because it's "just yes"

In fact, Tam was more correct with her technical virginity than anyone that has said yes or no as she allows for more in-between depth.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:40 PM   #131
Pineapple_Juice

hahahaha. "in between"....."depth"...
Hahahahahahaha.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:41 PM   #132
Pyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian View Post
but I'll try to assume what you were saying
bottom line, unless you really care about the hymen, the point between virginity and non-virginity is a social construct.
But not all girls have a hymen before being penetrated. I didn't. It's possible to be born without one, and it's more possible to lose it while being physically active (in a nonsexual way, such as horseback riding or gymnastics). Therefore, not having a hymen is not a virginity breaker. But yes, it IS a social construct, but even within a society there are vastly different views, as made apparent by dictionary definitions of the word "virgin" which can even mean someone who has never been married.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Old 04-20-2009, 01:08 AM   #133
Jack again

I don't actually see why people sometimes make such a fuss about people being virgins. I mean, who gives a shit , seriously?
Jack again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:00 AM   #134
Pyre

Religious folks usually care more than the average person. I held onto the title because it gave me that ounce of purity I had left, which is socially acceptable. Really, society tells us we need to be pure and wholesome, so there's a lot of desire to conform to that ideal. And, the guy I was with had had no experiences prior to his relationship with me, so it gave him something to achieve.

I personally cared more about the opinions of my friends. They don't seem to care much if at all, but since I am still close to my ex I don't talk about hooking up with others to anyone. He'd be rather upset, and I think my best friend and her boyfriend would severely disapprove of my choices.

Old 04-20-2009, 04:05 AM   #135
Mir

Do you know what time it is? Go to bed, woman.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:10 AM   #136
Pyre

I slept all day, and then I drank Crystal Light: Energy. I also suffer from chronic acute insomnia (I made it up because it describes my habits best). I can't possibly sleep, and I have classes from 10-2 and have to stay awake to study for an exam Tuesday.

I've somehow become a daytime sleeper, and yet I only get 3-4 hours during the day. On average I get about 2 at night.

I'd also accuse you of being awake at an ungodly hour, but I don't know where you live.

Old 04-20-2009, 04:14 AM   #137
Mir

It is 12PM, and the sun is out. Lovely day.

Picnic in the park kinda weather.W00t.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:44 AM   #138
Pyre

Nice. It's 7:30am out. Lovely morning, maybe. I won't see it for almost another 3 hours.

I would apologize for the mini thread hijack, but the flaming of Opteron took up about two pages, so I guess no one can complain. If they do, I'll give them the what for.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:32 AM   #139
da fetus

...aren't they all
da fetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:28 AM   #140
Anima_Severem

I'm a virgin by choice.

I don't really care about the social ramifications of it either way. Virginity's no longer as important as it used to be. I'm not abstaining for religious or moral reasons, but for practical reasons.

For one thing, I am mortally, fate-worse-than-death terrified of getting pregnant. I will likely never be married, and I'm not going to engage in sexual activity until I have permanent sterilization. I mean sure I can use a condom/birth control/IUD, but all of those have the possibility of failing and I'm just not willing to take the risk.

I've held this belief since I knew how babies were made (I learned, on my own, at the age of 5) and to be honest I think it made me asexual.

I don't care if people have sex before marriage or whatnot. I mean it's your body, you've got the right to do whatever with it. I just wish sexually active people, especially young people, would have a bit more common sense. You know, use protection, one person at a time, etc.
Anima_Severem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:59 PM   #141
IBreatheJoeyJordison

No comment... XD
IBreatheJoeyJordison is offline   Reply With Quote