Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Shill
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Shill Post your website announcements here. Anything that is blatantly SPAM (nigerian schemes, make money fast, etc) will be deleted. Actually, we'd probably keep the nigerian schemes around to make fun of it.

Old 04-20-2009, 09:55 AM   #1
xxDemonSlayerxx

Does getting certain piercings hurt????

I planned on getting my lip pierced before moving and I 've been told that it doesn't hurt alot but I was wondering how bad it actually was? and also where is the best place to get it done at?
xxDemonSlayerxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:08 AM   #2
Slap Your Love

Lip is nothing. I've had every facial piercing besides a bridge and
my septum hurt most.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:43 AM   #3
isobel black

I agree, lip isn't too bad at all. Looking back, I think I'd say it was the least painful one out of all my piercings.
isobel black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:07 PM   #4
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap Your Love View Post
Lip is nothing. I've had every facial piercing besides a bridge.
You realize that isn't true, right?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 05:22 AM   #5
Pyre

I think he means every major/popular facial piercing.

Though, SYL, I don't think you have a monroe, do you? That'd be weird.

And why did your septum hurt? That's supposed to be the least painful, from what I've heard. Then again, you ARE doing them yourself or getting friends to do them, aren't you?

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 05:36 AM   #6
Man In Room 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxDemonSlayerxx View Post
I planned on getting my lip pierced before moving and I 've been told that it doesn't hurt alot but I was wondering how bad it actually was? and also where is the best place to get it done at?
I've never had a lip piercing before but I'm going to guess that it's not very painful. When I was younger I had my lip gouged in a fight. It didn't hurt too bad and the nurse who examined it explained to me that lip abrasions and lacerations aren't normally very painful. She said the flesh of the lips and cheeks is easily damaged but also easily healed because the inside of your mouth is closer to membrane than actual dry skin like your ear lobe.

You could probably also treat your inner lip with something like Orajel or even hard liquor. Washing your mouth with hard liquor will usually numb it for a few minutes; certainly long enough to get pierced. Just don't drink it because most places won't pierce you if they think you're drunk.
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:47 AM   #7
Malice In Wonderland

I had my septum done.
And stretched it a couple of millimetres.
Hardly hurt at all.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:33 AM   #8
Mealla

Lip shouldn't hurt much. I had my tongue done once and it wasn't very painful at all. Only thing you'll need to be aware of is I've heard that like tongue piercings, lips tend to swell a lot after piercing. If the tongue was anything to go on, ice and mouthwash will be your friends, and don't plan on doing a lot of talking for a few days (not gonna be as bad as tongue, but I imagine speech will still be slightly off with a swollen lip). I've heard the amount of swelling varies some between individuals though.
Mealla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 04:14 PM   #9
korinna5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mealla View Post
I had my tongue done once and it wasn't very painful at all.
When I had mine done, it didn't hurt until the next day.. the swelling was a bitch.

DemonSlayer, check the APP website for a local piercer. http://www.safepiercing.org/