Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 07-22-2012, 07:34 PM   #51
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmanwalking_05 View Post
Putting it in all Caps doesn't make your argument any better.
I put it in caps and bold it to help you read. I know you have a hard time responding to the actual substance of a post and typically pick at bits and pieces that you can say something about.

Quote:
Answer me this....How many firearms have been bought on the national level even though our nation and it's people are having such a rough time?

From 2010-through the current year Firearms sales have been on a steady rise,so even though everybody has been having it tough,people have realized that their own defense and safety is up to them, even more so in places where the Police forces have had a number of layoffs due to lack of funds.
Blatantly false. Unless you have a source, I'm calling strait bullshit on that one. Gun ownership is significantly more common in rural communities then it is in urban areas that not only have a higher chance to possess inadequate law enforcement, but they also contain more people who live in poverty or are lower class workers.

You need to get it through your fucking head that gun ownership is simply not an option for a lot of people and it's fucking asinine to suggest that as the best way to curb violence. It might be possible for middle class mighty whitey men (who also typically are privileged to live in a community with better law enforcement - weird), but that still leaves over a quarter of us without safety that should be inherently provided.

safety that should be inherently provided.

^ Oh my fucking god, will you fucking PLEASE stop ignoring this.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:39 PM   #52
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
I put it in caps and bold it to help you read. I know you have a hard time responding to the actual substance of a post and typically pick at bits and pieces that you can say something about.

Blatantly false. Unless you have a source, I'm calling strait bullshit on that one. Gun ownership is significantly more common in rural communities then it is in urban areas that not only have a higher chance to possess inadequate law enforcement, but they also contain more people who live in poverty or are lower class workers.

You need to get it through your fucking head that gun ownership is simply not an option for a lot of people and it's fucking asinine to suggest that as the best way to curb violence. It might be possible for middle class mighty whitey men (who also typically are privileged to live in a community with better law enforcement - weird), but that still leaves over a quarter of us without safety that should be inherently provided.

^ Oh my fucking god, will you fucking PLEASE stop ignoring this.
Bringing race into this issue shows you as nothing more than a hack Versus.

Firearms ownership isn't a "White Man Only" thing (as much as you would like for it to be),so knock off the racist strawman argument bullshit and stick to the topic (If you can...which I highly doubt is possible)

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:47 PM   #53
BourbonBoy

Quote:
The owner of the theater had the "Gun buster" signs posted,so yes in fact it was a Gun Free zone.
You obviously didn't read the gun law posting I linked that listed Colorado law regarding gun ownership. In Colorado it states quite clearly that the only place concealed weapons are banned, period, are school grounds or places where they are prohibited by the federal government. Page four of the pdf, black and white, clear as day. At the bottom of the page, once again, it states "No Gun Signs" are simply "Please don't bring your gun on the premises."

Nor have you addressed the situation that my friend is in.
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:58 PM   #54
Miss Absynthe

@Deadmanwalking_05 - You keep accusing people of using a straw-man argument, when I've seen nothing but logical fallacies laced throughout your own, and when you have been called on them you disengage and duck from the issues being asked of you.

I don't think that's very fair.
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:05 PM   #55
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by BourbonBoy View Post
You obviously didn't read the gun law posting I linked that listed Colorado law regarding gun ownership. In Colorado it states quite clearly that the only place concealed weapons are banned, period, are school grounds or places where they are prohibited by the federal government. Page four of the pdf, black and white, clear as day. At the bottom of the page, once again, it states "No Gun Signs" are simply "Please don't bring your gun on the premises."

Nor have you addressed the situation that my friend is in.
And you fail to understand that private business owners can post signs that forbid firearms to be carried on the property (which is why myself and others in the firearms community choose to vote with our wallets and not give such locations our business).

If you carry a firearm onto said properties the owner can ask you to leave,and if you do not leave when asked they can and will call the police on you,because it is then seen as criminal trespass.

Old 07-22-2012, 08:09 PM   #56
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Absynthe View Post
@Deadmanwalking_05 - You keep accusing people of using a straw-man argument, when I've seen nothing but logical fallacies laced throughout your own, and when you have been called on them you disengage and duck from the issues being asked of you.

I don't think that's very fair.
Care to point those out?

Or are you going to remain on your soapbox?

Old 07-22-2012, 08:17 PM   #57
BourbonBoy

But we are addressing a licensed concealed weapon and the law listed.

Quote:
Do “No Gun Signs” Have the Force of Law?
“NO”
“No Firearm” signs in Colorado have no force of law unless they are posted on property that is specifically mentioned in State Law as being off limits to those with a Permit/License to Carry. If you are in a place not specifically mentioned in the law that is posted and they ask you to leave, you must leave. If you refuse to leave then you are breaking the law and can be charged. Even if the property is not posted and you are asked to leave you must leave. Always be aware of the possibility that responding Police Officers who may have been called without your knowledge and may not know the laws on trespass etc. could arrest you even if you are within the law.
Source Page 5: http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/colorado.pdf

Only an idiot would wave his concealed weapon around. Is there an image or link that states the theater in question had that sign posted? Are the managers personally inspecting every individual with a metal detector? Despite your jumping up and down saying "IF THEY WERE ONLY ARMED!" you haven't posted any links for it, nor have you countered any arguments regarding it.

Once again, you failed to address the question regarding my friend.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:20 PM   #58
Versus

Quote:
Bringing race into this issue shows you as nothing more than a hack Versus.
Yeah. Okay.

Quote:
Firearms ownership isn't a "White Man Only" thing (as much as you would like for it to be),so knock off the racist strawman argument bullshit and stick to the topic (If you can...which I highly doubt is possible)
Actually, 50% of gun ownership in America is white.

Also,

Quote:
I know you have a hard time responding to the actual substance of a post and typically pick at bits and pieces that you can say something about.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:23 PM   #59
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Yeah. Okay.

Actually, 50% of gun ownership in America is white.

Also,

And the other 50% of law abiding firearms owners in the U.S.?

(Don't know how you got the 50% thing anyway)

Old 07-22-2012, 08:26 PM   #60
Versus

Quote:
Every other race combined, you stupid mother fucker.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:27 PM   #61
Miss Absynthe

Go back through the thread and take a look at the number of times that you have been asked a direct question that you have then totally ignored.

Aside from that, you have engaged in the following:
Special Pleading
False Cause
Loaded Questions
Ad Hominem
Anecdotal
Sharp Shooting (oh, how this one made me laugh..)
Tu Quoque

And finally.. the statement that Versus' argument is a straw-man (which, incidentally it isn't.. it is just that you don't want the argument to proceed down that path because you perceive that you will lose ground) is the most amusing use of the Fallacy Fallacy that I've seen for a long while.

These are just those that I've picked up by a quick scroll back over your posts. I'm sure that I've missed a host of others... so don't be too disappointed with your efforts. Truly, you would make an impressive politician.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:28 PM   #62
Miss Absynthe

Quote:

(Don't know how you got the 50% thing anyway)
You might find this helpful...

www.khanacademy.org
Old 07-22-2012, 08:28 PM   #63
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Go back through the thread and take a look at the number of times that you have been asked a direct question that you have then totally ignored.

Special Pleading
False Cause
Loaded Questions
Ad Hominem
Anecdotal
Tu Quoque

And finally.. the statement that Versus' argument is a straw-man (which, incidentally it isn't.. it is just that you don't want the argument to proceed down that path because you perceive that you will lose ground) is the most amusing use of the Fallacy Fallacy that I've seen for a long while.

These are just those that I've picked up by a quick scroll back over your posts. I'm sure that I've missed a host of others... so don't be too disappointed with your efforts. Truly, you would make an impressive politician.
What brand is that soapbox you're standing on btw?

Old 07-22-2012, 08:29 PM   #64
Versus

Quote:

Special Pleading
False Cause
Loaded Questions
Ad Hominem
Anecdotal
Tu Quoque

Wow. That's like a special power you have. XD I wish I could see that stuff.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:34 PM   #65
BourbonBoy

Quote:

Special Pleading
False Cause
Loaded Questions
Ad Hominem
Anecdotal
Tu Quoque

Awesome. Funny how he hasn't really addressed anything you've mentioned either.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:38 PM   #66
Miss Absynthe

Quote:
What brand is that soapbox you're standing on btw?
Dude.. really?

Why don't we take a look at what you just did there, let's break it down...

You accused someone of a logical fallacy (creating your own logical fallacy).
I called you on it.
You asked me to point out the logical fallacies that you had made.
So I did exactly what you asked.

And you respond by attacking my character instead of engaging with my argument.. therefore using an ad hominem - another logical fallacy.

If you keep up using logical fallacy like this you are going to create some sort of tear in the fabric of the universe and kill us all!
Old 07-22-2012, 08:39 PM   #67
Miss Absynthe

Quote:
Wow. That's like a special power you have. XD I wish I could see that stuff.
Yeah.. but you look pretty.

=^.^=
Old 07-22-2012, 08:40 PM   #68
Miss Absynthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BourbonBoy View Post
Awesome. Funny how he hasn't really addressed anything you've mentioned either.
INORITE!!?!

It's been ages since I've had this much fun online without it involving a webcam, silly string and a ferret.

Don't ask. :|
Old 07-22-2012, 08:44 PM   #69
BourbonBoy

Ha! Don't worry I won't. I may have a dirty mind, but it's not that dirty
Old 07-22-2012, 08:44 PM   #70
Deadmanwalking_05

The only thing I've taken from this conversation is that many of the members that have posted on this topic,don't like the idea of being responsible for their own safety,and instead of agreeing that maybe they should take a few steps to acquire tools for their own defense and by doing so take resposiblilty for their own safety,want to give me shit for pointing out what any rational thinking human being would do,when all the facts are taken into account in said situations.

Stick to those bleeding hearts kids and the only thing you'll have is a bit of red on you.

Old 07-22-2012, 08:47 PM   #71
Miss Absynthe

Quote:
The only thing I've taken from this conversation is that many of the members that have posted on this topic,don't like the idea of being responsible for their own safety,and instead of agreeing that maybe they should take a few steps to acquire tools for their own defense and by doing so take resposiblilty for their own safety,want to give me shit for pointing out what any rational thinking human being would do,when all the facts are taken into account in said situations.

Stick to those bleeding hearts kids and the only thing you'll have is a bit of red on you.
Victim-blaming.

Hang on.. haven't we been here before?
Old 07-22-2012, 08:48 PM   #72
Versus

Quote:
Yeah.. but you look pretty.

=^.^=
I'm always in utter shock when somebody compliments me and I have this tendency to try to argue it. I need to work on just saying "thank you" and letting it be. So thanks!

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:51 PM   #73
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Victim-blaming.

Hang on.. haven't we been here before?
Go fuck yourself you troll posting waste of space.

Old 07-22-2012, 08:52 PM   #74
Miss Absynthe

Quote:
Ad hominem.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:53 PM   #75
BourbonBoy

Quote:
Now name calling. Awesome!