Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 06-19-2006, 10:01 PM   #1751
Magpie_Tendencies

Stick It.

I took my sister to see it and just got home. It wasn't that bad. Not exactly the deepest movie but pretty much what I expected. Typical teen feel-good movie.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:00 AM   #1752
CreepyTendencies

Room 6. Nothing spectacular, but still worth a rental.
CreepyTendencies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 05:54 PM   #1753
Falken

"Dark City"

I find this very "Orwellian" and enjoy it most on that basis alone (reading 1984 in high school was probably one of the most "life-influencing books" I've read).

Anyway, without giving the whole film away (I hate ruining films for other people)... I'm going to post a very brief "synopsis".

John Murdoch awakes at the beginning to find himself in a hotel room bathtub, having once again "commited a murder" in a string of serial killings.

Starting with a call from the doctor, who we will find out is behind the amnesia that makes it possible for John Murdoch to be "framed" as a serial killer, he spends the movie discovering why this monstrous effort to ruin him is being made and who are The Strangers???
Falken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 05:56 PM   #1754
Falken

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle hawk
I had to watch The Da Vinci Code for the third time and it was really boring as i knew every single thing, so I watched my friend's reaction , it was way too much hilarious than watching the movie again
I heard a lot of the test audiences (that are used to gauge how people will react to the film) actually burst out in laughter at some points during the screening.

I suppose I will see it at some time, but after having read the book, I'm afraid the movie is probably as boringly dull.
Falken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 07:32 PM   #1755
Magpie_Tendencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falken
I heard a lot of the test audiences (that are used to gauge how people will react to the film) actually burst out in laughter at some points during the screening.
How could you not laugh? Forest Gump was the main character!

The last movie I saw was (hehe - was is saw backwards. Small-things-small-minds...) The Break Up.

It was predictable but there were a few funny parts, mostly at the beginning. Towards the end it got very dull and the whole thing didn't actually seem to go anywhere. It was like they were doing this tit for tat while standing still. Supposedly 4 weeks passed while it was happening but it seemed like 3 days.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:55 PM   #1756
CreepyTendencies

Night Watch. I'm really looking forward to the next two movies in the trilogy.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:57 PM   #1757
Beowulf

Cool

Pet Semetary * (1989, Directed by Mary Lambert)

The Creeds have just moved to a new house in the countryside. Their house is perfect, except for two things: the semi-trailers that roar past on the narrow road, and the mysterious cemetary in the woods behind the house. The Creed's neighbours are reluctant to talk about the cemetary, and for good reason too. IMDB

Watched this film last night and it was really good !!!.
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 08:52 PM   #1758
MistedTruths

Last movie I watched...hmmm...The Mask of Zorro. My dad and I were just watchin' movies to pass time and I'm a BIG fan of Antonia Banderas. Hehe
MistedTruths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 09:01 PM   #1759
happy_dude

Location: I'm underneath the sink, now what do you think, living under my sink?
Pirates of the Carrabean(?) Carra-be-anne?
Old 07-04-2006, 04:04 PM   #1760
Screamed Silent Insanity

Location: On the line between acceptance of reality and denial of what my life has become.
Last movie I watched was Gramma's boy
over at my friend's house.
He and I laughed forever.
Screamed Silent Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 04:39 PM   #1761
Phayte

The hills have eyes.

Was a damn shitty movie. A lot of people were telling me how scary it was. I think disney movies scare these people too.
~William Shakespeare
Phayte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 05:57 PM   #1762
Corpsey

Full metal jacket. One of the most fucked up war movies I've ever seen, and I've been forced to see a few. It was interesting, but it constantly showed a sickening side of humanity that I'd prefer to avoid.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 03:09 PM   #1763
CreepyTendencies

For the holiday I watched Red Eye and The Libertine. I also finally got around to renting King Kong.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:21 PM   #1764
Haunted House

Last movie I watched was 'Zombie'. It's easily one of my favorites.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:13 PM   #1765
WizardElement5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somber Illusions
I'm not very familiar with the other authors you stated, but I do know they executed Marquis De Sade for his perverse literary creations.
Oh dear, and this is supposed to be a literary site. The Marquis de Sade died in his sleep after a brief illness on 2nd December 1814 at the age of 74.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:27 PM   #1766
SycophAntichrist

The last movie I watched was "The Cave" on DVD. I found it to be somewhat formulaic, and derivative of the Aliens series. But suppose I can't complain overmuch as I didn't pay to hire it.

Just out of interest - when you're at a video store, and you read the blurb on the back of a prospective title and it makes reference to how said title combines elements of 'movie x' and 'movie y'; do you generally put it back on the shelves and continue looking?

I tend to, as in my opinion the movies which 'inspired' such a title are probably superior to that which is derived from them.
SycophAntichrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:57 AM   #1767
critterkhan

Just watched Ultraviolet...
I thought it was awesome. Great imagery, costume-age, and Milla Zovavich. The director is the same that did "Equilibrium" (another excellent film).
critterkhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 11:01 AM   #1768
maggot

I watched An American Werewolf in London

It was cool... I learned why the werewolves in Underworld were called "Likens," too. It comes from what I'm guessing is old english... Likenfroeb. Mhm. Sounds like old english, anyhow.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:41 AM   #1769
Haunted House

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot
I watched An American Werewolf in London

It was cool... I learned why the werewolves in Underworld were called "Likens," too. It comes from what I'm guessing is old english... Likenfroeb. Mhm. Sounds like old english, anyhow.

Great movie. The best part is the gradual decay of his dead friend who talks to him throughout the movie.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:58 AM   #1770
Beowulf

Cool

The Bride of Frankenstein (1935, Directed by James Whale)

Dr. Frankenstein and his monster both turn out to be alive, not killed as previously believed. Dr. Frankenstein wants to get out of the evil experiment business, but when a mad scientist, Dr. Pretorius, kidnaps his wife, Dr. Frankenstein agrees to help him create a new creature, a woman, to be the companion of the monster.

This film is my absolute favourite of the `Universal Monster` series, it is so beautifully made.

Excellent !!!.
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 01:12 PM   #1771
angel011

X-Men: The Last Stand. Not bad, but I liked the first two better.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:26 PM   #1772
Binkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SycophAntichrist
Just out of interest - when you're at a video store, and you read the blurb on the back of a prospective title and it makes reference to how said title combines elements of 'movie x' and 'movie y'; do you generally put it back on the shelves and continue looking?

I tend to, as in my opinion the movies which 'inspired' such a title are probably superior to that which is derived from them.
Yep. Indeed, and the same goes for music which is drescribed as "blah blah blah meets blah blah blah." Just a gimmick to sell you a product based on industry name dropping. Official descriptions with such an analogy can generally, but not always, forecast a mediocre movie.
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 04:39 PM   #1773
DeviousOne

I saw the new X Men one as well.
DeviousOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 07:19 PM   #1774
roserougesang

The last movie I saw was 'V for Vendetta' when I was coming back on the plane from London. It was very moving, I almost cried at the end when V died. Hugo
Weaving is an amazing actor.
No greater love than mine.
-Annie Lennox, Love Song For A Vampire-

Rouge Z. Hatter has FINALLY returned to Gnet!
roserougesang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 07:53 PM   #1775
Draconysius

What was that movie about anyway, Rose? I was very interested in seeing it.

The last movie I saw was "Syriana" I rented on DVD. It was a very good movie, but the kind that was meant to be watched three or so times. Each scene was less than five minutes in length, and it really made the film seem twice as long as it really was. It also made the film very difficult to comprehend, but I'm definitely compelled to buy it.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote