Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 07-01-2007, 02:19 AM   #76
bleedingheart344

Ok, let's just settle this, Saphy, not to be rude or anything, but it doesn't sound like you are in a place to find out why Ophelia does the stuff. Ophelia, I can understand why you don't think you have to explain your drug use, but at least be a bit nicer about it. As for drug use, hell, if the person isn't hooked or anything, let them do it. Sadly, I'm using a quote from one of the most mall goth people in the world, but it applies very well to this thread. "It's alright to do a drug, but it is certainly not alright to need a drug."
Old 07-01-2007, 09:35 AM   #77
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingheart344
Ok, let's just settle this, Saphy, not to be rude or anything, but it doesn't sound like you are in a place to find out why Ophelia does the stuff. Ophelia, I can understand why you don't think you have to explain your drug use, but at least be a bit nicer about it. As for drug use, hell, if the person isn't hooked or anything, let them do it. Sadly, I'm using a quote from one of the most mall goth people in the world, but it applies very well to this thread. "It's alright to do a drug, but it is certainly not alright to need a drug."
Uh, how wasn't I nice?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 09:48 AM   #78
Saphyra Runa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
No offense, but I don't feel like explaining my drug use online to satisfy your bad habit.

Point taken and point made.

Pardon the unfinishedness of it all
Saphyra Runa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 09:53 AM   #79
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphyra Runa
Point taken and point made.
I understand point taken, but I have the feeling that by "point made" you mean to imply that I'm ashamed of it or something, or I feel guilty, or other wise have issues regarding it. Not true. It's simply that getting high is a very personal thing to me, because of the compromised state one is in. I don't discuss things that like unless I really want to.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:20 AM   #80
Saphyra Runa

Nope. Wasn't implying at all.

Old 07-01-2007, 10:22 AM   #81
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphyra Runa
Nope. Wasn't implying at all.
Ok, just had to make sure. Some people give me a lot of shit for this particular indulgence, and I'm a tad defensive about it.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:41 PM   #82
bleedingheart344

Sorry, UO, it just sounded like you were being defensive in the post I mentioned. I apologize.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:08 PM   #83
Saphyra Runa

If she was being defensive I wouldn't blame her a bit. I'm not sooooo old that I can't remember what it is like to be hard questioned about what you are doing and why. I am perfectly ok with people smoking weed as long as they can keep their priorities in order, aren't driving or operating heavy machinery and aren't using it to escape from life.

Old 07-01-2007, 02:19 PM   #84
Underwater Ophelia

Yeah. That's wrong. I did go swimming while high, which was pretty stupid, but at least it didn't endanger anyone else.
Old 07-01-2007, 04:53 PM   #85
DeathChii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapin
Okay, here goes my piece.

A. Poppy seed theory? True. All poppy seeds contain enough of the opiate that they will set off a test, even if it is having no effect on you. Doctor in the family confirms.
Are you sure? I watched an expirement on Discovery health which proved that it wasn't true.
From trashing this way and that
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
I offer this suffering of my father
"The Offering" - Stan Rice
DeathChii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 04:56 PM   #86
DeathChii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
I don't think I need to at all. I enjoy it because it's fun. And yes, I can have fun without it, and do quite frequently. It's just another thing I enjoy.
Exactly!! Why is it so hard for some people to understand that =\
In my opinion, it's better for you to go outside and run around high than sit at home staring at the television. Of course, you do that stoned too =]
From trashing this way and that
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
I offer this suffering of my father
"The Offering" - Stan Rice
DeathChii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:37 AM   #87
Zenit

I have to agree with UO and Chii, it's not something you NEED, it's something you want. And unlike having a hangover, a weedover is actually really nice

"Nutrizone can kiss my pale, decayed ass"
-Draconysius
Zenit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:13 AM   #88
Underwater Ophelia

When people are drunk, they do crazy, dangerous things, but when they're high, they just do stupid or confusing things.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:54 PM   #89
CptSternn

I think everyone should have to visit Amsterdam. Aside from the funny road names, hookers, and space cake, people can see what a society looks like when the legalise weed.

Also, take pictures, else you might forget before you get back home.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:18 AM   #90
Zenit

My social science class went to Amsterdam this february...We lived at the Winston Red lights all around, quite the funny feeling.

"Nutrizone can kiss my pale, decayed ass"
-Draconysius
Zenit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 06:41 PM   #91
Mir

I'd like to think Cigarettes are way more harmful than pot. Can anyone back that up with medical evidence?
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:43 AM   #92
CptSternn

There have been many studies...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17760130/

http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?...3&id=447742007

Funny thing is, mopst all cigarettes worldwide are made in Virginia and North Carolina and the tobacco industry is a multi-billion dollar industry that ranks up there next to the oil industry in terms of monies they spend on lobbying.

All studies done inside the United States, show marijuana more harmful than cigarettes, while studies done throughout Europe, including the UK, show the exact opposite.

This is also true of tests involving ecstasy. Those links go to the most recent reports on the most recent tests done in London.

Another fact for ye - ALL tests on such substances in America can only be done by organisations hand picked by the DEA. In fact, only one doctor from one University is allowed to do any testing on ecstasy. His results, of course, always back the message the DEA tells everyone - ecstasy kills. While reports from throughout Europe, and the UK - including the above linked report, show the exact opposite and say that its actually one of the safest drug you can take.

Most people don't realise the history behind ecstasy - that it was legal and sold in nightclubs up until 1984 legally - but when the sales when into the millions, liquor distributors and their powerful lobbying group had congress make it illegal claiming, based on their studies by the doctors they paid, that it was dangerous.

If you look back at the history of marijuana - a similar story, this time involving cotton plantations in the south who didn't want to compete with hemp, alongside once again the various people in the cigarette and alcohol industry.

As I think I stated earlier in this thread all those anti-drug ads in America you see on telly (i.e. 'this is your brain on drugs') are paid for by the partnership for a drug free america. This group has many members, but the ones who contribute the big bucks and pay for the ads, billboards, etc. are members like Anhesuer Busch, Phillip Morris, and GlaxoSmithKline to name a few.

It must be beer, cigarette, and drug manufactures obviously are worried about our health more than anyone else, right? I think its safe to say they are more worried about a new product on the market which competes with their bottom line.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote