Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 06-27-2006, 08:06 AM   #1
romantic

Romantic

hi. I'm Romantic.

I love Goth rock, New Romantic, Punk, 80's pop. Interested in vampirism, pagansim, art, history, etc. I've joined to speak and meet new people (staing the obvious)
romantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 08:41 AM   #2
Falken

Interesting quote... "I am not conforming by conforming". That's sort of like some Yogi Berra quotes... they sound profound but don't make any sense. Examples:

"If you can't imitate him, don't copy him"

"It's like deja vu all over again"

"You can observe a lot by watching"

"I didn't really say everything I said"

P.S. You might have gotten by with the profound anti-conformist quote if you have bothered to fill out an introduction. How to Introduce Thyself.
Falken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 09:35 AM   #3
romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falken
Interesting quote... "I am not conforming by conforming". That's sort of like some Yogi Berra quotes... they sound profound but don't make any sense. Examples:

"If you can't imitate him, don't copy him"

"It's like deja vu all over again"

"You can observe a lot by watching"

"I didn't really say everything I said"

P.S. You might have gotten by with the profound anti-conformist quote if you have bothered to fill out an introduction. How to Introduce Thyself.

to be honest can't be bothered to fill out the introduction. if your that interested in me then talk to me, send me a message whatever..

"I am not conforming by conforming"

is critsizing the people that claim they're unique, orignal and different and yet know themselves as under a label, dress that way and just follow the stereotype to the letter.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:40 AM   #4
Godslayer Jillian

Careful, I am a gothic stereotype, and proud of it. At least I don't shit around saying "I'm not a label, I'm myself."
I call those people "non-conformists" as a joke. It's something that is becomeing very trendy.
How do I look? Like a goth. What music do I like? Mostly gothic and Gregorian. How do I think? Twisted.
Oh noes, I'm a goth!

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 07:34 AM   #5
romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Careful, I am a gothic stereotype, and proud of it. At least I don't shit around saying "I'm not a label, I'm myself."
I call those people "non-conformists" as a joke. It's something that is becomeing very trendy.
How do I look? Like a goth. What music do I like? Mostly gothic and Gregorian. How do I think? Twisted.
Oh noes, I'm a goth!
I have no probs with people who just fall into the stereotype natural. I probably do. My fav bands Sisters of mercy, wear alot of black, interested in magic and vampirism... so i probably do. Depends how you look at what a Gothic stereotype is.

I just find it amusing when some says "i'm not a label..." and then Goth and get as much stuff that fits the "Gothic" description as poss.

I find alot of people who describe themselves as non-conformists are usually trying to live up to something
Old 06-28-2006, 07:47 AM   #6
Lady Victoria Pareesis

Yes, yes, blah blah blah.
There is no more Pm on this forum, don't ask why.
So please, bother to fill a introduction form. We all took time to do so, it's not for you, it's for the others.
And quit that attitude, it's neither cool or goth or even anti-conformist. It's just anoying.

"They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
Terry Pratchett
Lady Victoria Pareesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 05:25 AM   #7
Bete Noire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Victoria Pareesis
Yes, yes, blah blah blah.
And quit that attitude, it's neither cool or goth or even anti-conformist. It's just anoying.
That's seconded. Fucking idiot.
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 01:04 PM   #8
roserougesang

*sighs* At least it's not another troll.....welcome, and kindly quit the attitude. Good day.
No greater love than mine.
-Annie Lennox, Love Song For A Vampire-

Rouge Z. Hatter has FINALLY returned to Gnet!
roserougesang is offline   Reply With Quote