Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 08-10-2010, 10:52 AM   #101
Alan

Stop with the smilies, they're annoying. And I just explained away that the whole parasite shtick is bullshit. You didn't read anything I wrote, did you?
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:56 AM   #102
vindicatedxjin

Yes I did. And I responded.

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:02 AM   #103
Sinjob

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicatedxjin View Post
Must I repeat myself? This was written a long time ago and my views have changed since then...but thanks for your input?
Shut the fuck up. You have no right to pull this pretentious, "MUST I REPEAT MYSELF" gimmick as if you're attempting to talk down on us. Only once you have proven a legitimate intellectual argument then you can MAYBE try preaching to school children without an idea of what your concept of "religion" is, you brainwashed shell of a woman.

Not only that, but you're inconsistent. As if on the verge of speaking your fragile mind or trying to maintain friendships. Once again: this is the internet. A message that will not penetrate I'm afraid.
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:40 AM   #104
ape descendant

Quote:
I Atheists think that they can reject God and everything that goes with it and still find some kind of meaning in they're lives and the pursuit of truth through science. I disagree. Truth is divine. Once you give God up you truly have to give up EVERYTHING associated with the idea of him, that involves freedom, justice, truth and love... this is the world without god. We are animals. I know it's an ugly picture, and I don't really like to think about it too often but it's what makes sense to me at this point in my life. Don't get my wrong, I haven't let go of hope completely but, I guess I'm just doing what I human does... I don't think I'll be 100% confident in any set belief...but I'm working on it.
An atheist is some one who merely lacks a belief in a god or gods... the phrase "reject god" is a little misleading, "reject the idea of god" would be slightly better but neither really communicate the idea accurately.

As for this false dichotomy: with god you can have freedom, justice, truth and love.... and without you can't have any of it... well.. its false.

Ones belief or lack of belief in god does not affect the existence of freedom, justice truth or love... one can never have heard of god and still have these things in their life.

God does not equal meaning. Life has plenty of meaning on its own without supernatural explanation, it is beautiful, complex and we are still learning so much about it every day... on top of the study of life and the vast, wide universe we live in, one may give ones own life meaning and purpose.

On the subject of truth.... I prefer to believe as truth, things that are testable, facts that can be checked. I think that the scientific method the best way to test reality.

I understand that you're finding your way.. .we're all finding our way... so, if you like, I would enjoy discussing these things with you further.. if you like.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:15 PM   #105
vindicatedxjin

I'm all for learning more... I think the reason why I equate things the way that I do, is because of my past of Christianity. I've had it effect my life for so long that it's a crazy transition getting away from it. I think this is what pisses others off so bad. They don't realize that I'm just starting to break away from it.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 08-10-2010, 12:28 PM   #106
Sinjob

Hmh. Let's see. So someone who doesn't believe in God lacks the joy that the illusion of a God brings you? What kind of FUCKING EXISTENCE IS THAT? Are you really that stupid? Are you that naive?

Maybe a part of being an "atheist" means someone achieves those feelings of joy and comfort in LIFE and WITHIN THEM and has well, I don't know, a sense of REALITY. Don't bullshit us and tell us what you want to hear and say "I'm open to learn more" because that's a lie. You're always going to respond as a result of what people taught you because you feel that is legit as a result of being drilled in your head. And you're starting to break out of it? Okay sure like you are with all other childish attributes that you bring to this forum. They are NOT cute.

In short: You are always going to be brainwashed. And ignorant. And in this case a pseudo intellectual whose let a little thread blow constant bullshit. You aren't able to break away because you really DON'T KNOW HOW TO.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:30 PM   #107
vindicatedxjin

Uhm okay???

Bring Kontan Back
Old 08-10-2010, 12:33 PM   #108
Sinjob

Quote:
Uhm okay???
Pointless post. Spend more time listening and applying and less time talking.

Not like you have anything of substance to say.

I should have known better.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:34 PM   #109
vindicatedxjin

You're trying wayy too hard dude.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 08-10-2010, 12:34 PM   #110
PortraitOfSanity

Aren't all of vin's posts pointless?

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:40 PM   #111
Sinjob

Quote:
You're trying wayy too hard dude.
http://www.floppingaces.net/upload/2...ack-734818.jpg

Says the girl who tries to earn points with everyone on the internet with her cheap compliments and smiles?

You're right. I'm trying too hard to awake a fucking idiot whose bullshit stinks up all of the cyberspace world. You're hopeless.

Yes, Sanity. They are.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:48 PM   #112
voodoowitchdr

I don't have a religion, but I would say that I'm "optimistic." I lean mostly toward reincarnation and the christian god. If you have free time go to google and type in, "microtubules near death experience." If you find the right link, you'll find something really interesting. Also check out, "Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman: The Creator." Be aware that playing The Sims can cause one to have a midlife crisis...
Old 08-10-2010, 12:51 PM   #113
PortraitOfSanity

See, that's what I don't get. Atheists who say they're hopeful about finding something out there, or an afterlife, etc etc. Why can't people just be happy in the knowledge that you're here because you're here, and that's all there is to it?

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
Old 08-10-2010, 12:58 PM   #114
Sinjob

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity View Post
See, that's what I don't get. Atheists who say they're hopeful about finding something out there, or an afterlife, etc etc. Why can't people just be happy in the knowledge that you're here because you're here, and that's all there is to it?
Because some people love to argue. And question. Which is good. You have an opinion and thirst for the truth but in having an OVERLY open mind can beat that once fresh thinking horse to an infinite, never-ending madness of questioning til they question themselves. It's a prison I was unfortunately captivated in at one point.

I don't think that the term Atheist itself should be used loosely. Like it is in this thread.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:00 PM   #115
PortraitOfSanity

Yea, it does get overused. 90% of people I hear refer to themselves as atheists are actually agnostics. And usually guilt-ridden agnostics at that.

-Mr. Filth
Old 08-10-2010, 01:05 PM   #116
voodoowitchdr

Quote:
It is simple, some people can't take no for an answer...
Old 08-10-2010, 01:06 PM   #117
PortraitOfSanity

No, some people are unsatisfied with reality, and want to come up with some over-romanticized, cuddly wuddly version of reality instead.

-Mr. Filth
Old 08-10-2010, 01:09 PM   #118
Sinjob

Quote:
Yea, it does get overused. 90% of people I hear refer to themselves as atheists are actually agnostics. And usually guilt-ridden agnostics at that.
90% of people who turn to it as a result of Christian dogma misinterpret what atheism was meant to be and as a result, question. God I hate that. Don't even concern yourself with a label when you don't even know what you're talking about. Or what you believe.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:11 PM   #119
PortraitOfSanity

Agree 100%.

-Mr. Filth
Old 08-10-2010, 01:19 PM   #120
voodoowitchdr

Maybe everyone should worship George Carlin's "Big Electron in the Sky."
Old 08-10-2010, 01:20 PM   #121
Sinjob

Now HE was God.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:33 PM   #122
PortraitOfSanity

Flying Spaghetti Monster, anyone?

-Mr. Filth
Old 08-10-2010, 01:38 PM   #123
voodoowitchdr

Everyone knows that god is a buddist...
Old 08-10-2010, 01:41 PM   #124
PortraitOfSanity

Buddhism makes sense as far as their beliefs in god-as-self go.

-Mr. Filth
Old 08-10-2010, 01:48 PM   #125
KontanKarite

You see, I take a very honest approach. There is no evidence supporting the existence of a supernatural and if there is, I don't have it in my heart to give a damn. I just plain old do not care if there's a god or not and when its existence is put up to scrutiny, I've never once been given a reason to actually embrace the idea of a god.

Interesting story:

My great grandmother just died a few days ago. About a week before, she was on her last legs. Docs thought she was going to die. But she had a positive turn around for a week. However, my father says on facebook, "Minnie has taken a turn for the better. The power of prayer actually works!" Ironic. Well, she's dead now... a week later.

I suppose the point of this is that God as we know it, doesn't SAVE anyone. If god were real, god does not interfere with chance or the chaotic nature of the universe. To save one from doom is not what god would do because when doom happens it's always HIS will.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote