Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 10-07-2009, 07:04 AM   #26
korinna5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor "Rilvor" Leonard View Post
On second thought, you're disgusting, just don't even bother posting in my thread.
Obviously you've never heard of the water-only no-poo method. >_<
Old 10-07-2009, 08:43 AM   #27
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
Sure let me just do exactly as you say so I can fit myself to your standards and not enjoy anything I do at all.

Oh wait.

I'm not asking for your clothing opinion, please place the opinion back in your butthole.

I'm not cutting my hair either, thanks.

On second thought, you're disgusting, just don't even bother posting in my thread.
You asked for advice.
You got it.
Either take it or fuck off.

Do you enjoy poisoning and killing your hair?
What the hell do you think people did before people made shampoo to make money?
Wash it in mammoth piss?
Shut the fuck up.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:47 AM   #28
Still Jack

Why does G.net always attract such retards...
Old 10-07-2009, 09:40 AM   #29
creature6

"Sure let me just do exactly as you say so I can fit myself to your standards and not enjoy anything I do at all.

Oh wait.

I'm not asking for your clothing opinion, please place the opinion back in your butthole.

I'm not cutting my hair either, thanks.

On second thought, you're disgusting, just don't even bother posting in my thread."

that's not very nice thing to say and it's quite childish to ask someone not to post in a thread.
If you take the initiative to do a thread asking advices why would you give shit to people who take time to answer and spread your fucking venom for no reason.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:53 AM   #30
Malice In Wonderland

I appreciate the backup I've had on this subject.
Thank you, K, Jack and c6.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Old 10-07-2009, 02:41 PM   #31
Victor "Rilvor" Leonard

So the rumors I hear are true. This was an interesting way to find out.

On that note, don't claim you don't wash your hair unless you really mean that exact wording. Say what you mean or keep your mouth shut.

Also, I react better to polite opinions. But it's pretty obvious this place is nothing more than a little clique from what I've been observing. None of you, are in any position to talk about spreading venom.

It's not a wonder this place is linked to as a site full of something to mock.
Victor "Rilvor" Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:08 PM   #32
Pineapple_Juice

Methinks it's easier not to wash one's hair when one has a mohawk. Two even.

The Pineapple tries very hard not to wash her hair for several days but it gets greasy and awful and she hates it.
Day one: wash, let loose and lovely.
Day two: try to manage greasy slept on bangs, re-backcomb.
Day three: turn into giant poof pinned half up on top of head and curl ends.

It's a vicious cycle that i'm not keen on doing but since I do so much damage to it....
Old 10-08-2009, 10:32 AM   #33
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
On that note, don't claim you don't wash your hair unless you really mean that exact wording. Say what you mean or keep your mouth shut.
What?
That is what I meant.
Don't be a self righteous prick or keep your mouth shut.

And Pineapple. I mean wash it out.
I can keep it up for maybe two weeks.
But then the hairspray plays havoc with my scalp.

Old 10-08-2009, 05:48 PM   #34
SiouxsiePernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
Methinks it's easier not to wash one's hair when one has a mohawk. Two even.

The Pineapple tries very hard not to wash her hair for several days but it gets greasy and awful and she hates it.
Day one: wash, let loose and lovely.
Day two: try to manage greasy slept on bangs, re-backcomb.
Day three: turn into giant poof pinned half up on top of head and curl ends.

It's a vicious cycle that i'm not keen on doing but since I do so much damage to it....
Have you considered using dry shampoo on your fringe?

SiouxsiePernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:58 PM   #35
creature6

Quote:
So the rumors I hear are true. This was an interesting way to find out.

Also, I react better to polite opinions. But it's pretty obvious this place is nothing more than a little clique from what I've been observing. None of you, are in any position to talk about spreading venom.

It's not a wonder this place is linked to as a site full of something to mock.
so what the hell are you doing in this forum then smart ass?
The only mockery walking around is you with your non sense.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:31 AM   #36
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by creature6 View Post
so what the hell are you doing in this forum then smart ass?
The only mockery walking around is you with your non sense.
I'm liking you more and more.

Old 10-09-2009, 12:37 PM   #37
Pineapple_Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiouxsiePernova View Post
Have you considered using dry shampoo on your fringe?
I thought about it, actually. Looked at some reviews online and most people said it got the grease out but left a powdery residue behind. I should just try it anyway. Any experience with it yourself?
Old 10-10-2009, 10:32 AM   #38
Serren

I did the no shampoo thing for a while when my hair was very long and fried from over coloring, it worked well for about 4 months and then went greasy.

I have somewhat similar hair. DON'T BRUSH IT. Comb it through with a wide tooth comb before you wash it, or while the conditioner is on it for a smoother result. When you wash your hair its an idea just to rub the shampoo into your scalp and then let it get washed through your hair as you rinse it out.

It might help to use a styling product to tame it down a bit, or use some serum on it, I find that works well for making it less frizzy.

In between washes you could just damp it down, or tie it up or plait it if you like it tidy and its getting a bit wild.

An intensive conditioner once a week may also help, as well as regular trims.
Serren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 08:14 PM   #39
Black_Chic

My hair is kinda like that. When it was long (which was a couple of weeks ago) I would just brush my hair right after I got out of the shower put some gel in, and then braid it. Then go to bed. When I wake up I undo my braid and voila. The part of hair from my roots to where the braid began would be straight, and the rest would be wavy, and maybe a little curly at the end (not really). If my hair looked a bit frizzy I would then add some of the anti-frizz serum in the areas that it was, well, frizzy. That's it, and the only time I brush my hair is after a shower, otherwise I leave it be, because if I brush it then it'll become frizzy like yours. I think not all hair is meant to be brushed at all times of the day. Well find some free time, mess with your hair, and see what works for you.
Black_Chic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 04:12 PM   #40
FatGoth

My guess is that there are damages hair which comes out into the open when you brush it. I recommend going to a hair dresser and having about a hand width or so cut of to refresh the air a bit and get rid of the worst parts, and then regularly treat your hair with a hair cure. The best would be the hair cures (What are they called in English hair treatments?) done at the hair dresser, but as that cost like hell there is also allot of good do it yourself products out there to. Spoil your hair a bit.
FatGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:34 AM   #41
crucifix

I have hair like the thread starter. Mine is very thick, chin length, and curly. I straighten it daily, but on days I do not, I do not touch it while it is drying or afterwards. I comb my leave in conditioner with a wide tooth comb while it is wet, but after that, I flip my head upside down then flip it back up and shake it a little and then do not touch it, ever. Touching curly or wavy hair while it is drying or after it is dry will only make it frizz and destroy the curl pattern. Also, it helps when my hair is filthy. I haven't washed my hair in three days today and it is straight and frizz free. Yes, it feels a little oily, but if I touch it up with my straightener and comb it out, it does not look oily. Keep hands off of naturally frzzy hair and let it get a little dirty. Two simple things that can give you much better hair days.
crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:40 AM   #42
crucifix

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555 View Post
Shampooing hair every day strips the natural oils.

Ahaha, Flynn. That too. XD
I don't/can't use most shampoos, because of the SLS. Makes me itchy, and my hair seems much happier with the all-natural stuff I use.
my scalp does the same with sls. I only wash every three to four days because of it. I don't like sls free shampoos, they don't seem to get my hair clean and then I have to eventually use a very harsh sulfate clarifying shampoo. My favorite shampoo leaves my hair VERY soft and has sls, so I only use it about twice a week when I wash my hair. On that schedule, my scalp doesn't really every itch. Anymore than twice a week, and the sls starts to irritate my scalp.
crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:16 PM   #43
KontanKarite

Most people here have given some fairly good advice actually. K555 seems to be on a roll with this.

As far as I can tell, I would recommend blow drying it with a heat protective serum. When you blow dry your hair, do so in the direction of the cuticle, never against. I've heard that air drying curly hair can be disastrous sometimes.

Also, blow dry in sections of hair from the nape, to the top in horizontal partings. It WILL leave your hair shiny and smooth if done with a round brush. Too bad you're not close, I'd show you how to. :-/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3mfHRq8Mqc

This is what I'm talking about.

As for conditioner, I recommend Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm. Yes, it's expensive, but it will be FAR FAR FAR more effective and less costly over time because you wont need as much of it compared to a more over-the-counter conditioner.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:38 PM   #44
Sinjob

Shave your head if you can't decide what to do. That always works.
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote