Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 09-10-2007, 06:57 PM   #26
L'Oiseau Noir

I have no idea. I don't know much about The Cruxshadows, lol... I just listen to their music.
L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 06:21 PM   #27
Cen0bite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cogs
Do you have any idea as to why she is leaving?

Are Rouge and her getting married? I think I heard that somewhere.....
She's leaving because she's getting married soon. And yes, Rogue and Jessica are getting married..it's mentioned in one of their blogs on MySpace. I think it's supposed to be sometime later this year..like in December.

Pinhead: What you think of as pain is a shadow. Pain has a face. Allow me to show it to you. Gentlemen, I... Am... Pain
-Hellraiser:Bloodline
Cen0bite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 06:36 PM   #28
Godslayer Jillian

To be honest, I've never been interested enough to listen to much of Emilie Autumn.
I have a song of her that is her just singing with a piano in the background, and a piece of pure harpsichord and violin, and after hearing those, it didn't interest me much. That harpsichord piece sounded like made by an amateur.
But I'm intrigued about all the talk of her talent in violin. What are some good songs by her that show she's a good violinist?
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 07:30 PM   #29
L'Oiseau Noir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
To be honest, I've never been interested enough to listen to much of Emilie Autumn.
I have a song of her that is her just singing with a piano in the background, and a piece of pure harpsichord and violin, and after hearing those, it didn't interest me much. That harpsichord piece sounded like made by an amateur.
But I'm intrigued about all the talk of her talent in violin. What are some good songs by her that show she's a good violinist?

Unlaced is a an instrumental piece that really shows her talents as a violinist. Organ Grinder is another one... and if you want something with a bit more vocal work, I'd definitely suggest "Shallott" (which is based off the poem, "The Lady Of Shallott") "Swallow," and "Dead Is the New Alive," which has more of a beat to it. You'd know what I meant after having listened to it.

Basically, anything from her Enchant and Opheliac Albums I thought were rather good, but as we know, we all have different musical tastes. But I think they're worth giving a listen, and if you end up disliking it, well, no harm done. =D

Her newer stuff in the aforementioned albums are much more aggressive than the song you heard (I think that might have been a pre-enchant track, or at least an extra track on the Enchant album), so you may like her newer songs.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:29 PM   #30
Miss_Nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Oiseau Noir
Now that's a lovely singer!

I wonder, though, if she suffers from some form of bi-polar disorder or some form of personality misidentification (ever hear "I Want My Innocence Back")?

Nah, I'm just playing--she seems like a wonderfully down-to-earth type person, judging by her interviews. But, ah, I'm rambling--anyway, yes, Emilie Autumn... she's the Jimi Hendrix of Violins and quite a talented little soul. I hope she goes even farther with her music... I want no shortage of her pleasantly insane tunes.

Yes, I love her SOOO much!!! I was worried that if someone didn't post a thread about her that I'd have to do it myself...but she is more of a Yngwie Malmsteen on the violin, not Jimi Hendrix. Well, in my opinion anyways.
Miss_Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 08:28 PM   #31
L'Oiseau Noir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Nobody
Yes, I love her SOOO much!!! I was worried that if someone didn't post a thread about her that I'd have to do it myself...but she is more of a Yngwie Malmsteen on the violin, not Jimi Hendrix. Well, in my opinion anyways.
I only said Jimi Hendrix because that was the only person I could think of who was really good at playing an instrument and became famous because of it. xD
Old 09-22-2007, 09:31 AM   #32
Aaroneet

What I've heard from her is okay. She's the kinda musician I would definitely look up to.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:19 PM   #33
Minyaliel

Oh, I know this is necroing, but youŽll have to excuse me - IŽm soo excited... Emily Autumn is going to have a concert in the city where I live next month! Squeee! I am so going to see her.

.... yes, I even admit developing hysterical fangirl tendencies after listening to "Enchant". I love the way she combines genres.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:03 PM   #34
sweetdreamr23

I love her!
sweetdreamr23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 12:54 AM   #35
She_Is_My_Sin

She's got a good voice and she's a fantastic musician, but there's something about her songs I find...a bit boring. I tend to lose interest in a song after a minute of listening. Perhaps I haven't found the song to fully hook me yet.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:22 PM   #36
devenir abeille

There are a few EA songs that I enjoy... but to be quite honest she comes off as rather mediocre, if not annoying. I don't doubt her violin playing abilities but she does not demonstrate them very well in her music. As far as singing talent goes, I've heard much MUCH better. She is very cute, though!
devenir abeille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 01:06 AM   #37
Cicero

I remember listening to her for the first time and laughing out loud.

It was shit, surprisingly shit. And boring as hell.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote