Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 09-18-2007, 06:13 PM   #51
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by soveryfragile
I vote for the spooky snacks and video games!!! But you gotta add in some horror movies as well.
Aye, I'd gladly watch some of that, only I suspect my friends would be more inclined to button-mashing, and they outnumber my vote =p Though the horror films won't be neglected, if I find the time.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:17 PM   #52
thedoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMac
The Morrigan was less a proto Celtic Death Goddess than one of the triple aspect more aligned with war than with death. try Cerrwidden, instead.
Why are you such a badass?

I'd like to do more than survive, I'd like to rub it in your face. -The Dresden Dolls
thedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 06:19 PM   #53
Stormtrooper of Death

Not only is Samhain a holliday, but an EXCELLENT band. My band will be playing at a friend's house. We sound like The Sex Pistols on speed mixed with The Misfits and a pinch of Black Flag.
Stormtrooper of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 07:11 PM   #54
MollyMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoll
Why are you such a badass?

I'm one bad muthaf....

(shut yo mouth)

SHAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-18-2007, 08:36 PM   #55
NachtSorcier

I actually hate trick or treating. When I was 13 my stepdad said I had to give it up and I was happy to do it. It's too much work, there are too many annoying children about and it's easier to just buy a big bag of candy. Besides, my little brother and sister share with me and I take the stuff I really like that I can never find anywhere, like Bottle Caps. Halloween and Christmas are actually the only days of the year when I eat candy. I'm not really crazy for it.

Visit my online store: http://www.websofsilver.com
NachtSorcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:28 PM   #56
DarkGentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimaru
I'm kinda tempted to be an anime character this year, but I'd have to work really hard to make it in time seeing as my mom threw the sewing machine away and shes not getting another one anytime soon.
SHE WHAT?!!! She's a quitter?!!

Thank god I own 3 and a serger. Even though one of them is a very old one that needs a new motor, other then that, I'm happy with my machines.
DarkGentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 08:50 AM   #57
kimaru

I'm going to some trift shops this weekend to try and find parts for my costume, so while I'm there I'm going to try and find a second hand sewing machine thats not in too bad of shape. I can't afford a decent new one and because my mom doesn't want one I have to buy it myself....

Does anyone know of a anime character that has bangs?
kimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 09:01 AM   #58
Abyssmal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMac
The Morrigan was less a proto Celtic Death Goddess than one of the triple aspect more aligned with war than with death. try Cerrwidden, instead.
Cerrwidden, eh? I'll try.
Abyssmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 09:37 AM   #59
Cyntrox

I'm going to have a The Exorcist marathon =P
Old 09-21-2007, 05:17 PM   #60
Corpsey

I'm going to the NZCOPA Halloween party. Nobody in New Zealand celebrates it so we're gonna be the odd ones. I shall dress as a Japanese Punk with the red hair and everything and force everyone to listen to the song "Halloween" by Dead Kennedys at least once. It's a perfect crazy dance song for everyone to let loose to.

At NZCOPA, no costume = no entry.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 03:38 PM   #61
shinobi98

Me and my friends are going to school dressed as Naruto characters. The headbands irritate our principal. I'm either going as Haku or I'm borrowing my friends Negi costume. He has a Sasuke costume too that he is wearing. In addition, we have people going as Hinata, Naruto, Gaara, and Kakashi. It's funny because I've never dressed up as a male character before. We're also going trick or treating and then going to the school's Halloween party to stage battles in the courtyard. It is going to be a blast.
shinobi98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 07:26 PM   #62
Mrs_Valo

My friend is having a party, I'm going to that.
Im probably going to pick a band & copy corpsepaint. Halloween is a good excuse to wear it during the day lol.
Mrs_Valo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 06:14 AM   #63
crucifix

I like halloween, but after a certain extent I start to feel like it is cheesy with all the plastic masks and such. I mean, it is really fun, but hard core christians who say it is evil need to get a life. It isn't evil, it is just some good ol' cheesy fun
crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 09:23 AM   #64
ForgetThisLostLenore

Well, everyone else left our Alice thing, so I said screw it, and dyed my hair. So now I don't know what I'm going to be now.
ForgetThisLostLenore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:10 AM   #65
Anarasha

"This is Halloween, this is Halloween, pumpkins scream in the dead of night!"
I am going to my first ever Halloween party this year
In Denmark, Halloween isn't popular as such and not everyone celebrates it <.<
Closest thing I have ever come to true Halloween is being stubborn and carving pumpkins every year.
This year, my first ever Halloween party, I am wearing Erik, The Phantom of the Opera.
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 12:56 PM   #66
Linen

Okay, I've decided on my costume. I'm going to be an EVIL DOLL. I'll wear a poofy skirt & frilly-doll-like top, my knee-high Docs, some black & white tights, put my hair in two ponytails, make my face really pale like porcelain, and wear girly makeup & and carry a large MACHETTI covered in "blood" that I bought at Wal-Mart. Mwuhaha.

Anyone have ideas for a necklace and earrings that might look like something an evil doll would wear? (girly yet spooky)
Linen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 01:07 PM   #67
StasisInDarkness

H'okay, so, for the past few years, all of my Halloween costumes have had the adjective "dead" before them: dead Miss America, dead Juliet, (un)dead vampire, etc.

Why deviate from such a wonderful pattern!?

Methinks, this year, I shall be Ophelia...after she drowned. I'm taking my inspiration from the John Everett Millais painting, you know, with the flowers everywhere, and the toussled hair, and the blue, blue lips.
StasisInDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:13 PM   #68
Corpsey

Things an evil doll would wear?

A Cross or an Ankh, but they're not really out of the ordinary..

Meh, maybe a row of cork-tops made into a necklace...

Still working on my costume...

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:24 PM   #69
gothicusmaximus

I usually dress up as a normal person on Halloween.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:28 PM   #70
StasisInDarkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus
I usually dress up as a normal person on Halloween.
But what sort of normal person?! And what's more, isn't normal a subjective concept?
Old 10-01-2007, 08:52 PM   #71
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by StasisInDarkness
But what sort of normal person?! And what's more, isn't normal a subjective concept?
No, normal isn't a subjective term- the norm is determined by the practices and behaivors of the majority.
In saying that I dress as would a normal person on Halloween, I'm stating that I clothe myself in accordance with the norm, that I dress as most people do.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:02 PM   #72
StasisInDarkness

Yes, the norm is objective, and determined by the majority, but methinks that your perception of "normal" is subjective, like all internal cognitions. So, yes, we can agree on what the "norm" is, but that's because the norm is synonymous with the average, which is to say that normality is on a continuum. My "normal" and your "normal" almost certainly overlap at certain points, but from there, they may diverge, based on one's different socio-economic, gender, racial, and religious determinants.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:54 PM   #73
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by StasisInDarkness
Yes, the norm is objective, and determined by the majority, but methinks that your perception of "normal" is subjective, like all internal cognitions. So, yes, we can agree on what the "norm" is, but that's because the norm is synonymous with the average, which is to say that normality is on a continuum. My "normal" and your "normal" almost certainly overlap at certain points, but from there, they may diverge, based on one's different socio-economic, gender, racial, and religious determinants.
I was referring, explicitly and exclusively, to the conventions of contemporary fashion, which are a social construct, their nature dictated by the majority, and are therefore not subject to individual biases. You're right, the term normal operates on two disparate levels- when employed in the qualification of some development within the microcosm of an individual's existence, its definition is dependent upon the perceptions of that individual, but when implemented on a broader scale, as it was by me, its meaning is determined by those practices and behaivors which are most popular, which are the average, the norm.
You're correct in asserting that context modifies the connotations of the word 'normal' considerably (sandals would be 'normal' in washington square park, but not at a formal party), but given that I provided no specific context, I judged that the reader of my statement, which I believed was quite clear and basic, would assume that, on Halloween, I dress in a manner in response to which the average individual does not think, "Oh, he's dressed eccentrically" or "oh, he's a goth" as such an individual would most likely think should he encounter me on a typical day, but instead fails to note any peculiar aspect of my wardrobe whatsoever, unconciously assessing me to be dressed to be 'normally'.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:00 PM   #74
darkbird

My boyfriend is going to Dracula's Ball without me

So I have to think of something awesome to do Halloween. I don't have many friends anymore, so it's going to be hard.
darkbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:10 PM   #75
HellforgedX

Why the HELL is he going WITHOUT you?!? ASSHOLE!