Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 06:03 PM   #21426
LetheanBlacklight

HAHAHaHaaaaaa Thats funny
Old 08-16-2008, 09:13 PM   #21427
Solumina

Okay so I'm just sitting on the couch watching the Olympics and they are running the 100m and something keeps catching my eye. The guy who won the race was wearing gold glitter shoes. Seriously wtfuck?
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Old 08-16-2008, 09:51 PM   #21428
Godslayer Jillian

My walls are perfectly black (excluding the dust they have), so I just discovered something:
If I look at Maddox's page long enough, and then I look away, I can actually keep reading it!!
Well, in theory, because it's hard to concentrate on words that are on your periphery.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:09 PM   #21429
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn
AWWW! HAHAHAHA

sex

It's funny, although from 3:35 onwards I just want to give him the biggest hug ever and sympathise!

It's horribly catchy. I must remember not to sing it in public!
It is very catchy
Old 08-16-2008, 10:41 PM   #21430
Duane

I guess I have another date with the girl thursday of next week.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:47 PM   #21431
LetheanBlacklight

You should seriously use you signature as a ticker, Duane.
It would be amusing.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:30 PM   #21432
Solumina

Woot second date for Duane!

On that happy note I'm going to go off to sleep, mainly because I think that my brain will break if I read anything that requires me to think...then again I may be safe here.

Goodnight gnet *hugs all around*
-Carbon Leaf
Old 08-17-2008, 12:46 AM   #21433
LetheanBlacklight

Hahaha ouch
Old 08-17-2008, 05:56 AM   #21434
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
My walls are perfectly black
How does that work out for you?
I've always been taught (and figured) that the darker a wall, the smaller the room seems, so I can imagine black would be quite oppressive.

Do you notice, or does it not seem that way?

I guess with good lighting it would be all right.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:52 AM   #21435
Solumina

Also I'm curious is the ceiling black as well or just the walls?
-Carbon Leaf
Old 08-17-2008, 08:55 AM   #21436
honeythorn

Well, mine is black on two walls and very dark purple on the other two ( white ceiling ) . The bed fills the room , and with all the other furniture and animals, I basically have a u shape around the bed in which to move. And I can honestly say I don't find mine opressive or small looking and it isn't a massive room either.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:36 PM   #21437
LetheanBlacklight

Quote:
AWWW! HAHAHAHA

sex

It's funny, although from 3:35 onwards I just want to give him the biggest hug ever and sympathise!

It's horribly catchy. I must remember not to sing it in public!
how about this?
Old 08-17-2008, 12:58 PM   #21438
honeythorn

Aw! I wanna hugggiiiiimmmm
Old 08-17-2008, 01:06 PM   #21439
badteccy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xombie
Funny story.

I work as a lifeguard at a waterpark. At the wavepool, I tell kids that are under 48 inches tall that they need to wear a lifejacket, and they are provided by the park. So, along comes a...little person. My friend and I, both at the wavepool, couldn't decide whether or not to stand him up next to the height stick and see if he needed to wear a lifejacket. Sooo, I called over my supervisor, figuring she'd tell me what to do. She didn't know what to do, so she radio'd to HER supervisor. My manager, Mindy, heard the call over her radio, and hopped into her Mindy-mobile with two other head honchos of the park searching for the midget. Why, you ask? Sweet ol' Mindy wanted to ask the man to be in the FREAK SIDESHOW for the park's month-long Halloween event.

How fucking rude is that?
That is really horrible.
I went to house show in Philly last night with the weirdest music ever and non-pretentious hipsters (I know, right?).
I even met a guy, and he gave me his number...
Old 08-17-2008, 02:43 PM   #21440
honeythorn

*Inhales* OHHHHHHHH DONALD WHERE'S MA TRRROOOOOOOUSERS!!!!?
Old 08-17-2008, 02:46 PM   #21441
Methadrine

Quote:
*Inhales* OHHHHHHHH DONALD WHERE'S MA TRRROOOOOOOUSERS!!!!?
"...and there I was, with my trousers halfway down."

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:06 PM   #21442
honeythorn

I've found mine now. But I aint got em' on. Too warm and muggy *wilts*
Old 08-17-2008, 03:10 PM   #21443
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
How does that work out for you?
I've always been taught (and figured) that the darker a wall, the smaller the room seems, so I can imagine black would be quite oppressive.
Do you notice, or does it not seem that way?
I guess with good lighting it would be all right.
Oh, my room has quite bad lighting. I don't strain my eyes, but it always looks, well, like if it's still dawn minus the pretty sky. But I don't mind my room feeling small - everything fits in a place anyway.
By the way, the ceiling is not black; I feel that would be silly.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:18 PM   #21444
Bete Noire

My room's black and it doesn't seem too small. It's also hideously untidy, which is a bigger factor in making it seem small than the black walls. I actually find them far less obtrusive than white walls.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:42 PM   #21445
honeythorn

I can't be doing with white or cream walls. Too hospital-ish and clinical for me.
Old 08-17-2008, 04:35 PM   #21446
Delkaetre

I have returned to single, which was expected given that the Nice Young Man was never meant to be permanent. Reason- a hedonist and a stoic do not fit well together, not when geographical distance conspires to prevent them seeking balance. All is good and settled. I still have my charming gothic lover, though sadly he departs for the north in less than a month.
CCK closes at the end of the month, we're told. This is a pity, as I love the place dearly and do not know what I'll do when it's gone. Go back to Big Red, perhaps, if only Big Red were more suited to certain branches of my friends group. The Dev is certainly no good any more.
The shower is still not repaired, and I have no means of fixing it. Washing under the tap is not effective. I shall have to start befriending people with functional bathrooms.
I shall go to bed now, I think. The weekend has been long and has not left me feeling refreshed.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Old 08-17-2008, 10:00 PM   #21447
DementiaNocturne

Ground Control to Major Tom.......
Old 08-18-2008, 01:58 PM   #21448
dabbadmc

I came back from Canada yesterday. The trip was really great, as always. There was loads to do there, and although probably nobody on this board is interested, here's a couple of highlights:
a) A vintage car show on the lawn outside of the Stratford theatre. It was amazing - so many different makes and all looked in top conditions. My camera's now full of pictures of them.
b) The performance later that day at the same place. It was some big canadian singer and although I didn't know who he was, I was right touching the stage and it was good fun. ^^ I got a setlist too hehe
c) My cousins joining us and sitting in the living room hearing family anecdotes.
d) Going to Toronto for the day, even though the weather was unpredictable and I got very tired. I managed to get a great leather skirt, two pairs of boots and a purse all for cheap prices in vintage stores.

Anyhoo, the main reason I came to this thread and got carried away in the process was that on the train to Toronto, there was some idiot behind my mum and I. He was talking SO LOUD that it was hard not to eavesdrop. He talked about how he wanted to be a doctor, how great doctors were, and how his doctor was 'too old-fashioned.' My mother, who is a doctor, told me she wanted to turn around, slap him, and tell him he has no hope in hell of ever being a doctor. He also asked a random person if they were gay, told intimate details of his gay relationships etc.

The moment he really made me laugh was when my mother had fallen asleep and he was telling the woman next to him how 'rude canadian people are'. He then told about his trip to Northern Ireland and said how 'people would always let you get on the bus first and are so polite!' I nearly cracked a rib laughing so hard. After living in NI for all my life, I concur that most people are NOT polite, and would just shove ahead of you to get on the bus. 99% of Canadians I've met are MUCH nicer on average.

So yeah...that was long, but for anyone who was interested in what my holiday in Canada went like (even though I didn't mention it beforehand)...there you go.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:04 PM   #21449
Beowulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabbadmc
I came back from Canada yesterday. The trip was really great, as always. There was loads to do there, and although probably nobody on this board is interested, here's a couple of highlights:
a) A vintage car show on the lawn outside of the Stratford theatre. It was amazing - so many different makes and all looked in top conditions. My camera's now full of pictures of them.
b) The performance later that day at the same place. It was some big canadian singer and although I didn't know who he was, I was right touching the stage and it was good fun. ^^ I got a setlist too hehe
c) My cousins joining us and sitting in the living room hearing family anecdotes.
d) Going to Toronto for the day, even though the weather was unpredictable and I got very tired. I managed to get a great leather skirt, two pairs of boots and a purse all for cheap prices in vintage stores.

Anyhoo, the main reason I came to this thread and got carried away in the process was that on the train to Toronto, there was some idiot behind my mum and I. He was talking SO LOUD that it was hard not to eavesdrop. He talked about how he wanted to be a doctor, how great doctors were, and how his doctor was 'too old-fashioned.' My mother, who is a doctor, told me she wanted to turn around, slap him, and tell him he has no hope in hell of ever being a doctor. He also asked a random person if they were gay, told intimate details of his gay relationships etc.

The moment he really made me laugh was when my mother had fallen asleep and he was telling the woman next to him how 'rude canadian people are'. He then told about his trip to Northern Ireland and said how 'people would always let you get on the bus first and are so polite!' I nearly cracked a rib laughing so hard. After living in NI for all my life, I concur that most people are NOT polite, and would just shove ahead of you to get on the bus. 99% of Canadians I've met are MUCH nicer on average.

So yeah...that was long, but for anyone who was interested in what my holiday in Canada went like (even though I didn't mention it beforehand)...there you go.

Sounds like you had a really interesting trip, I would love to go to Canada one day and explore !!!.
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:06 PM   #21450
honeythorn

I found my little old Fluval 1 in the attic...I don't remember putting it there *suspects mother <_< * and now I have put it in my 30 gallon and switched it on. All tickety boo and working fine. But I don't actually know why I've put it in there....because I have no more plugspace for any more tanks...........
Closed Thread