Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:46 AM   #51
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoluhread
Marriage is unequal because the sexes aren't equal, and no matter how many women claiming for being equal they won't be...
You know, I used to feel bad for you, living in an opressive, sexist, and archaic culture like you do. But honestly, hearing you say this about your own fucking gender, you really deserve that shitty treatment you're doomed to. It's idiotic, self demoralizing, and completely unsubstantiated thinking like that that perpetuates the chauvinistic enslavement of the female sex in your barbaric fucking culture.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 03:30 AM   #52
Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker in the pack
It's idiotic, self demoralizing, and completely unsubstantiated thinking like that that perpetuates the chauvinistic enslavement of the female sex in your barbaric fucking culture.
Woah. Back up.

I call bullshit.

What are you claiming? Are you well versed in the Lebanese culture or middle-eastern culture whatsoever? Please do feel free to throw some facts out there about how barbaric they are that back up what you're saying about their barbaric culture you know so much about.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 03:54 AM   #53
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMac
Marriage was not originally on a damned thing anyone mentioned. It was basically a chattel agreement. Speaking for current times, though, it is what you make of it, whether you are weak-minded or not

And an orange can weigh the same as a tomato, the mass can be different.
Thankyou Molly!

The original marriage:

Father: My daughter has big boobs, child bearing hips and you will get some acres of land for marrying her

Man: Huzzah, free sex and property!

Woman: I'm a bargaining chip! YAY! o^_^o

God: what about me!?!?!

Everyone: This is about wealth not religion!

God: Nawww!
Old 09-24-2008, 04:02 AM   #54
Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Canvas Corspey
Thankyou Molly!

The original marriage:

Father: My daughter has big boobs, child bearing hips and you will get some acres of land for marrying her

Man: Huzzah, free sex and property!

Woman: I'm a bargaining chip! YAY! o^_^o

God: what about me!?!?!

Everyone: This is about wealth not religion!

God: Nawww!
That's one of the funniest things I've read today, topping off all of the shit that went down in Uni's thread.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 06:08 AM   #55
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsey
Woah. Back up.

I call bullshit.

What are you claiming? Are you well versed in the Lebanese culture or middle-eastern culture whatsoever? Please do feel free to throw some facts out there about how barbaric they are that back up what you're saying about their barbaric culture you know so much about.
We'll start with public decapitation and work our way up.

But I do agree to a certain point, and Joker might have gone a bit overboard...
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 06:20 AM   #56
Mealla

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseagirl
It's like he has two distinctly different personalities. Could that be bi-polar disorder?
It could be. But if it is, that just confirms that he is dangerous. They do have medication for that, but you can't make him go to the doctor for it...that's a decision he'll have to make on his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
As for the male brain not being able to do some functions that the women can, I want an example.
Pain tolerance perhaps? Unless that's an urban legend or doesn't count. I'm not a Biologist or Neurosurgeon, and I need to be getting some sleep about now, so if I care I'll look it up later.
Mealla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:29 AM   #57
chelseagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mealla
It could be. But if it is, that just confirms that he is dangerous. They do have medication for that, but you can't make him go to the doctor for it...that's a decision he'll have to make on his own.

Yeah, I've been down that road before unfortunately. I left my 2nd husband because he was diagnosed with schitzophrenia and anti-social disorder, but he wouldn't take the meds because he was also an alcoholic and the meds and alcohol couldn't be mixed. He eventually started trying to "self medicate" with alcohol and cocaine. It wasn't a pretty sight.

Unfortunate lesson learned: I HAVE TRAGIC TASTE IN MEN
Old 09-24-2008, 07:30 AM   #58
I Am Great.

I vote you're a bad wife.
I Am Great. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:42 AM   #59
PortraitOfSanity

Not to mention a heartless bitch for leaving someone you love just because they have mental disorder(s) (if you consider addiction a mental disorder)
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:55 AM   #60
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity
Not to mention a heartless bitch for leaving someone you love just because they have mental disorder(s) (if you consider addiction a mental disorder)
Did you decide to not read the whole thing, or are you just trying to be a moron?

She didn't say she left him for having a disease, she left him for having diseases he refused to get help for.

Apparently he was not only addicted to alcohol, but cocaine. For all you know he was jobless and beating her.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 08:04 AM   #61
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseagirl
I adamately REFUSED to take the vow to obey. We wrote our own vows, and instead, we both said, "love, honor and cherish". I should have added "respect" on there, lol!
A person can't love, honor, and cherish someone if they don't respect them first; those three imply respect as par for the course.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:10 AM   #62
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Uh huh....

I take it you've never lived with an alcoholic or an addict, or for that matter someone who has a mental disorder.

If the person is willing to get help and work on that problem, that's one thing. But it's insufferably miserable to watch them willingly deteriorate if they refuse to get help.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:13 AM   #63
$haDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Great.

If I choke to death while laughing,It's your fault!!!
Old 09-24-2008, 08:40 AM   #64
chelseagirl

Quote:
As someone else posted, I didn't leave him because of his mental disorder, I left him because he refused to do the treatement for it.

In the 6 months I stayed with him after he was finally diagnosed (trying to get him to do the meds), he hit me, pushed me down a flight of stairs, locked me in our basement for 2 days (because he was afraid I was having lesbian sex with my best friend), when said best friend came over looking for me because she was worried she hadn't talked to me, he threatened to slit her throat if she ever came near me again (there was NO sex going on between us-we were shopping at the mall at the time he thought we were doing the "lesbian sex"). Both me and my best friend ended up eventually taking restraining orders out against him.

Jump ahead to 1 year later (we were divorced already), when he found out I was seeing someone new, him and his gang of friends jumped us outside of a club and knocked all 4 of my new boyfriend's front teeth out.

Now, I think I was in the right in leaving him.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:55 AM   #65
chelseagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Great.
I sure hope not. I try to be a good wife.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:56 AM   #66
MegearaErotica

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC

As for the male brain not being able to do some functions that the women can, I want an example.
http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/0...nto-the-brain/
I'm fairly sure men don't have motherly instinct... though I'm not around men at all and you are my only lab rat. So I may be wrong about that.
MegearaErotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:16 AM   #67
Tam Li Hua

I dunno; I think there's some guys out there who have a MUCH better nurturing instinct than some women.

As for equality, I think men and women should be equal in the sense that they should both be treated with the same amount of love, respect, and kindness, but that men and women are still pretty different. [I'm going by the average man and woman, and not getting into cross-genders or cross-sexes here.]

For instance, a healthy woman has the ability to give birth. A healthy man does not. A healthy, normal man has a penis. A healthy, normal woman does not. And, on average, women relate more on an emotional level, and men on a physical one. That doesn't make one 'better' than the other, just different.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:21 AM   #68
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegearaErotica
http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/0...nto-the-brain/
I'm fairly sure men don't have motherly instinct... though I'm not around men at all and you are my only lab rat. So I may be wrong about that.
Did you even read the fucking article? Here's the gist:

"Women respond more markedly to seeing their own child suffer to someone else's. Therefore nurturing responsibility must be instrinsic to the female brain."

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure that most of us would care more about someone we know than someone we don't, it's hardly a case for inequality socially between men and women.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:46 AM   #69
MegearaErotica

Yes I did, and it was the best article I could find on the subject of women having motherly instinct found in the brain. I'm still looking for one on the subject of differences in the brain between women and men.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:52 AM   #70
MegearaErotica

Ok this is much better
http://www.cerebromente.org.br/n11/m...ro-homens.html
Start reading under Studying Differences in the Brain.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:54 AM   #71
LiUsAiDh

Quote:
Yes I did, and it was the best article I could find on the subject of women having motherly instinct found in the brain. I'm still looking for one on the subject of differences in the brain between women and men.
The part of the brain which processes emoitions is supposedly a little larger in women than men.

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
LiUsAiDh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:05 AM   #72
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Like JCC said, I don't believe that physiological differences have anything to do with whether or not men and women are relationally unequal.

Different yes, but not unequal.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:11 AM   #73
Solumina

There are a lot of differences in the brains of men and women which is to be expected, if we are not physically the same then why should our brains be the same or function the same? Women and men both acquire data the same way but because of the different ways that we process data women are much better at picking up on details while men are better suited to keying in to main points, this also leads to men trying to form more wide spread solutions and women tend to form individual solutions (ex. a girl mentions tells her guy friend stories about how much fun she had at the beach with her friends and on a different occasions she talks about how a neighbor that she had when she was young who had horses that she misses, your average guy may clue in mainly to the things that she liked such as the beach and horses and as a nice gesture may take to go horseback riding on the beach, where as if the same girl were to tell a girl friend the same stories the girl would potentially plan a night out with the friends that went on the trip to the beach and potentially take the girl out to a horse farm in the country)

...I think that made sense, my brain is not firing on all cylinders at the moment
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:16 AM   #74
$haDe

I think it depend on how people develope theirs personalities

I might choose to be emotional. Thus,I might be more sensitive than girl that choose to play sport.

Yet, It's different in the "starting skill points" < LOL
Old 09-24-2008, 10:39 AM   #75
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsey
Woah. Back up.

I call bullshit.

I was talking about her being Muslim. She's not even allowed to go outside alone because she's a woman, so if you really want to argue the fact that her country isn't fucking barbaric, bring it.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote