Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

View Poll Results: Is the future of your music scene going for the better or for the worse
better 24 32.43%
worse 32 43.24%
I dont think its changing 18 24.32%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-13-2008, 07:20 PM   #126
Stormtrooper of Death

Well after several days of research I've found that the Twin Cities has an excellent punk scene. Very very very underground, and thats the way I like it. Most people think the only good punk band to come from MN is Husker Du but there are so many others.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:07 PM   #127
Duane

Garage rock bands, some punk/heavy metal bands, that's it. I've been wanting to start a punk rock band with both old school punk influences, and some hard core, and pop punk influences. No one seems to want to join in a band with me...
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:21 PM   #128
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
It's getting better here in Corona (the Showcase Theatre). Bands like 45 Grave are starting to perform, and the price is still under $15, on other nights it's only $10. Anyone is allowed out back to meet with the bands before or after they play. And the mosh pit is decent sized, with sufficient excitement from the occasional fight or asshat that has to be thrown out by the bouncers.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:27 PM   #129
Duane

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
It's getting better here in Corona (the Showcase Theatre). Bands like 45 Grave are starting to perform, and the price is still under $15, on other nights it's only $10. Anyone is allowed out back to meet with the bands before or after they play. And the mosh pit is decent sized, with sufficient excitement from the occasional fight or asshat that has to be thrown out by the bouncers.
Wish we had a place like that. A place where good bands perform, you don't have to be 21... prices are cheap... all we have is a little concert hall, where old country bands, rock bands come to perform, it's small, and you must be 21 of age to attend a concert...
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote