Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 06:36 AM   #126
urian

Since we're on the subject of bad grammar, I believe the your in " What music do you listen to if your gothic like me?" should be you're as in you are so that the title makes a bit more sense. Otherwise the "your" in the title is possessive.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:39 AM   #127
Arc_Avalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaGaltic
Saying that being "intellectual, creative and different" is what being gothic is all about just goes to show your actual understanding of the culture is very limited. That could encompass just about any number of worth while cultures.
The reason it is hard to encompass the gothic culture into a single paragraph description is only because it is very much a part of the culture to be an individual while being a part of a group. You will never find two goths alike; that is the beauty of it. If I had to try to sum it up however, I would say that goths find beauty in the darker aspects of life. We are artistic, creative and extremely intelligent (as well as opinionated), but instead of shunning that darkness within all of us that frightens most people, we embrace it, respect it, learn to live in it and find out just how beautiful we really are when we accept light and dark.
Okay, I just now read your post. My thanks for explaining. What I want to know is why can't we give the noobs that explanation when they come by the thousands? It would clear up a lot of confusion and save us from a lot of ignorance.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:13 AM   #128
JuliaGaltic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_Avalo
Okay, I just now read your post. My thanks for explaining. What I want to know is why can't we give the noobs that explanation when they come by the thousands? It would clear up a lot of confusion and save us from a lot of ignorance.
In all fairness, this is just my opinion formed through my own experiences and observations. You should try forming your own. Don't generalize a culture or subculture before forming and educated opinion.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:15 AM   #129
Arc_Avalo

I have been all over the web asking the question, and received so many different opinions to it. What makes yours different is, it makes sense.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:49 PM   #130
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilSmith
(rolls eyes, tosses gothboy13 a small coin)

Here, kid. Go buy yourself an apostrophe.
Phil, I <3 you!
Old 01-17-2006, 12:50 PM   #131
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by urian
Since we're on the subject of bad grammar, I believe the your in " What music do you listen to if your gothic like me?" should be you're as in you are so that the title makes a bit more sense. Otherwise the "your" in the title is possessive.

Okay Mr.Perfection.............................

Old 05-15-2006, 02:20 PM   #132
Porcelina

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin-TheGothicskater666
I just wanted to know what other people lisen to. Slipknot, Desturbed, other hardcore meatl and the punk stuff whatever

ahem SLIPKNOT?? oh god please go away now.

i listen to VnV Nation, Apoptygma Berzerk, Fictional, MSI....whatever they play at the club I guess. And they DO NOT play fucking Slipknot and Disturbed. omg.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:40 PM   #133
Godslayer Jillian

This thread's been dead for months!
Don't resurrect old threads. Plus, although you can see by his sole name that Dustin was a Spooky Kid, there's nothing wrong with either Disturbed or Slipknot.
I thoroughly enjoy of Disturbed and have been caught listening to Slipknot some times.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:55 PM   #134
Circle V

By me! Ha!
Old 05-16-2006, 05:00 AM   #135
Somber Illusions

OK, let me give you my 2 cents:

First off, let me conclude this useless battle of who is more goth. Why do you feel the need to use music as a shield to protect your identity? Firstly, "Gothic" has no set music genre, you are free to listen to whoever you feel. That's the great thing about being a goth, you are free to be who you want to be, and no one can say your "not in the scene". Its about being yourself and not feeling the need to follow the crowd. If you like Slipknot, Disturbed, or even Hillary Duff......who the hell cares? Be yourself.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:35 PM   #136
WolfMoon

Ha-ha-ha, you're funny! ^

Awwwww, hell!

Zombie Thread!

*click-click*

*BOOM*
Closed Thread