Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:08 AM   #26
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0p3y View Post
realease the rabit gerbils !!!!!
**runs screaming**

Welcome Zina.

What books are you reading at the moment?

Be who you want to be, that's the only way to be.
Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:30 AM   #27
Flangens

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Flangens Check out this store for all your gothic accessories!
Flangens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:38 AM   #28
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0p3y View Post
realease the rabit gerbils !!!!!
They taste just like chicken-possum!

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:09 AM   #29
Sinjob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooka View Post
And how sweet Sinjob, I'm starting to think you like me or something. I'd hate to break your sugar coated heart but I'm not interested.
...Not a relevant response. You clearly don't even know what you're talking about, seeing as what Breathless said is completely different from what you were poorly attempting to preach.

And Don't flatter yourself. My sugar coated heart has taste, kid.
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:23 AM   #30
OnyxBat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_cthulhu View Post
Hmm...actually, from what I've read other people refer to her as the ambassador of all goths. I may have missed something, but the impression I've always gotten is that she tries to avoid that. I don't see anything pathetic about encouraging people to be well-mannered either, it's a good idea no matter who you are. Also, I don't think she's pathetic, just trying to help. She's not going to be able to offer advice that works for everyone, and she knows it.
Not to put you down OnyxBat, as that is not my style, but I must disagree.

Welcome Zina! I apologize for not greeting you sooner. Breathless said it best, just be yourself and have fun whilst respecting others. If you'd like to show off some of your work, then I hope you'll post a piece or two in the Dark Arts community. : D
I just dont like...well its like she saying that she has to mommy us to be polite to people and that we are people who has to be taught respect. If you want to be mean, be mean. If you want to be nice be nice. But you dont have to prove anything to anyone.
I respect your opinon lady_cthulhu.

And Zina just be what you want to be, and there are goth/emo people who do follow both styles.
OnyxBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:30 AM   #31
OnyxBat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeal18 View Post
Ony is Gawthierr than Gothic charm school. Deathly angel i know what type of goth you are.And its not goth. My dear you are Emo. I know its difficult to accept but we all have shortcomings in our lives (pun intended). Emo is best described as the gay little brother of goth who also wants to be molested. Wear a silly and over done ugly haircut, wear lots of tight fitting clothing and act as if your bi-curious. also start developing a cutting habit and write lots of bad poetry. You'll fit right in, but not here . (please take that in the joking context it deserves

Onybat its a television/YouTube personality, I never take them seriously. Plus there are people who enjoy a more Victorian aesthetic mixed in with the alternative ways. Just look at steam punk.

Sin job you are not special. you are not knowledgeable Historically speaking those quite literally are the bands that started goth. Stop being a pseudo douche and read a book or 2

Your right about the Victorian aesthetic mixed with alternative but not the youtube personality, they piss me off to much that can only last seconds watching there videos.
Wouldn't you also say literature kinda started goth too, but in the 19th century or maybe before that. Also women wore some dresses that was consider gothic and architecture of buildings to. (mostly everything that happened in europe between the 18-19 century)
Old 08-04-2010, 09:09 AM   #32
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnyxBat View Post
The owner of the site has no clue what so ever on what she is writing! I like the fact that her goal is to tell people that goths are not freaks that kill but the way that she gives her advice and her topics are horrible. She even calls her self the ambassador of all goths! Yeah right! She also said she wishes there was a hotopic when she was younger and then she talks crap about goths who wear baggy pants when that's one of the items that hottopic sells. She just a pathetic person who said goths has to be well mannered and nice to people who don't deserve it.
How did I miss this conversation..?

Anyways...I like Ms. Venters website and her book a great deal. I don't agree with everything, but I think it's an excellent starting point for folks who are just starting in the Goth subculture. [Also, it's quite helpful to us Goth adults. And by "adults", I mean folks 27 and older.]

Her book and Voltaire's helped me a great deal when I was starting out; I'm re-reading Ms. Venters' book now.

Her point about HT is that she can see the appeal from the perspective of a young teen Goth [or at least she could when they were more Goth-oriented and less mainstream, emo, and scene]. Obviously, the same style that would have suited her teen self doesn't suit her as a 40-something Elder Goth. [In her book and in a recent post, she admits that she shouldn't be as judgmental as she is about fashion, but that she -does- have her own aesthetic that she prefers, and loves seeing other people in the styles she likes. I think she prefers a more original and put-together look than Tripp pants typically give off.]

Besides, it's not like Tripp pants are the only things that HT sells.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:16 AM   #33
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
I just dont like...well its like she saying that she has to mommy us to be polite to people and that we are people who has to be taught respect. If you want to be mean, be mean. If you want to be nice be nice. But you dont have to prove anything to anyone.
It's died down a great deal in the past ten years, but after Columbine, people were quite unfairly terrified of anyone who considered themselves Goth. Even Voltaire was interviewed by a news show asking about it. So that's why she says that it's so important to be polite. [Besides, it's good advice for anyone.]

Even now, a lot of people are rather...uncomfortable around folks who are dressed up with black hair, lots of eyeliner, and black lipstick. And, take it from someone who's been 'different' all her life [even long before she was 'Goth'], it gets old hearing about how 'scary' one is after a while, when one is only minding one's own business with no ill intentions towards anyone. -_-;;;
Old 08-04-2010, 09:41 AM   #34
OnyxBat

She Is right in some point and so are you but I think she needs to re-write some things that she wrote in her book and her site. But hey she did help me in some thing with my dad.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:50 AM   #35
Sinjob

Quote:
Bravo!! he knows what he is!
just be your self (to deathlyangeloftokiohotel) and enjoy
BITCH. ITS ABOUT BEING NOT KNOWING.

And I think that someone who is foremost identified as TOKYO HOTEL may have some troubles being herself in the first place.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:17 AM   #36
OnyxBat

Do you have any other insults? Because that's such an old one.
You have to know something to be something, it's like an author you have to know how to write to be a writer.

Zina Tokio hotel is an emo band not a goth band, there style is dark but it's not goth.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:23 AM   #37
Sinjob

Quote:
Do you have any other insults? Because that's such an old one.
What, bitch? In this sense I was using it to establish my point out of frustration. You know like I'M RICK JAMES, "bitch." This is when bitch becomes a necessary term.

Quote:
You have to know something to be something, it's like an author you have to know how to write to be a writer.
Then you are unfamiliar with the zens.

Quote:
Zina Tokio hotel is an emo band not a goth band, there style is dark but it's not goth.
Thank you for putting that out there. Much appreciated.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:26 AM   #38
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain View Post
They taste just like chicken-possum!
Damn it, I fail again. It should have been POSSUM-CHICKEN!

Sorry Water Bending Swamp Tribe.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:27 AM   #39
Hearts_Purple

Tokiyo Hotel are definitely NOT a dark band! Oh my Cow!

Be who you are and if it happens to gel with the subculture, cool. You should learn about what Goth is and where it came from(the music, not the other crap) before identifying as such. Check out the local clubs and talk to people.

I would actually recommend gothic charm school to anyone new. I like it.
Hearts_Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:28 AM   #40
Pooka

I think Sinjob needs a hobbie.
Pooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:34 AM   #41
Sinjob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooka View Post
I think Sinjob needs a hobbie.
I think you need to re-up on some black lipstick, your natural self is starting to show.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:35 AM   #42
OnyxBat

You could have been a bit more creative with your words, god you are so predictable it hilarious.
Yes I am unfamiliar with the zens
Your Welcome
Old 08-04-2010, 10:35 AM   #43
OnyxBat

I agree with you pooka he really dose need one.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:40 AM   #44
Sinjob

Quote:
You could have been a bit more creative with your words, god you are so predictable it hilarious.
I'm actually quite clever and witty if you haven't already noticed. My insults have been consistent and elaborate, so predictability is out of the picture.

Quote:
Yes I am unfamiliar with the zens
This explains why you didn't get my point earlier.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:45 AM   #45
OnyxBat

That's it your so consistent and predictable that's why your insults are not creative.
And you don't get mine either.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:51 AM   #46
Sinjob

Quote:
That's it your so consistent and predictable that's why your insults are not creative.
And you don't get mine either.
Ok. Well maybe the minute your IQ boosts up a few and you snap out of this pretentious facade you're trying to call a life...maybe your jokes will get funnier. But not a guarantee.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:55 AM   #47
Sinjob

Basically it narrows down to this, OnyxBat:
You're just not smart enough for your opinion to matter yet.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:02 AM   #48
OnyxBat

Vice versa your IQ needs a lot of time to boost up and your jokes need more hummor. At least my opinions do matter because they don't get ignored like yours...wait a sec your opinions are not opinions there just wack insults.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:04 AM   #49
OnyxBat

And since your so consistant you must be stuck on stupid alwys.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:07 AM   #50
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
She Is right in some point and so are you but I think she needs to re-write some things that she wrote in her book and her site. But hey she did help me in some thing with my dad.
Then write her and tell her that; her email address is at the bottom of every blog she posts, and she asks people to write her with questions, thoughts, and comments.

Just remember: There's a difference between what is your opinion, and what is actual fact.