Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 12-13-2005, 01:20 AM   #26
Count_Lyne

Nintendo all the way, is right.!
Count_Lyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 09:56 AM   #27
·Kaôh·

Right now I'm playing Kingdom Under Fire: heroes and The Prince of Persia: The 2 Thrones. But I like Final Fantasy, Tenchu, Super Smash Bros., Fable, World of Warcraft and Knight OnLine.

And for little games I like to play in pumbo.com, minijuegos.com or miniclip.com (the first 2 are in Spanish).
·Kaôh· is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 11:33 AM   #28
tenet_2012

Life is a game.

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 04:14 PM   #29
Demon Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenet_2012
Life is a game.
*nods head in agreement*
Demon Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 10:52 PM   #30
Binkie

It's Battlefield 2 these days. I finally have a system that'll run it properly on high graphics settings and it's kicking some major ass. And just cause, here are a few snapshots:

"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 11:25 PM   #31
Shadowed Aegis

Nice screenshots binkie.

Right now, I'm inbetween games. Thinking of picking up NWN 2 when it comes up this summer.
Shadowed Aegis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 11:06 AM   #32
Onikage

I play now Resident Evil 4!Great game but no zombis,
what is a residen evil without zombis!
My all time play game is tenchu.Just can resist the charm of blood spliting stalth kills and Ayame!
Onikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 12:55 PM   #33
urian

I have recently played fatal frame 2 and 3 , resident evil 4, silent hill1-4, Wizardry, romance fo the 3 kingdoms7-9, dynasty warriors4 and dynasty warrirors 5(plus the extreme edition of both and the empires version of 4).hot shots golf3, marvel nemisis, armored core nexxus, dragon ballZ bodukai 3, Zatch bell mamodo battles,medal of honor frontline, baldur's gate dark alliance,sonic heroes and pac man.

I enjoy playing board games with my little boy. I taught him chess when he was 5. He's now 7 and is turning into one hell of a player. It's funny to see him try to teach kids his age how to play. He'll start showing them the moves of the different pieces, naming them, and teaching them how to set up the board and most of the time the other kids have mental melt downs and wander off to play tic tac toe or something like that. I cant help if my boy is a bit brighter than most. He has found a few to play with him at school and I think that's great. He'll even pull out one of the 3 boards we have when he's bored and play by himself to get new strategies.

He and I also play lego knights save the kingdom game, sorry, trouble, backgammon and we are going to play the star wars clone wars edition risk game this evening.

BTW..does D&D count?
Old 12-27-2005, 02:04 PM   #34
katsumy

My all time favorite is Lufia and Age of Wonders ...and the new one Civilization 4...
could come true some day soon...

* Katsumy *
katsumy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 02:14 PM   #35
bedlam babe

Unhappy

solitare,all by myself........
bedlam babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 12:45 AM   #36
AlKilyu

I've been playing a couple of movie-based games as of late...

Honestly I am hooked on "Untold Legends" for the PSP, it's like Diablo except for...

I guess it's just like Diablo! I forgot how evil RPGs are. One thing I did a couple of times for no good reason was pause and save before meeting up with a mob of baddies, and since my character was safely saved and I had no danger of losing all my work, I removed his pants and charged him into battle in his undies! ^_^
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 05:30 PM   #37
PhilSmith

Lately I've been playing Iridis Alpha, an old C64 game by Jeff Minter. Controlling two ships at once, switching frequently between them and between flying and walking modes... aaaarrrrgh!

The third wave is horrendously difficult. Horrible example of the learning curve being wrong. But I still love it all the same.
PhilSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 12:20 AM   #38
AlKilyu

I heard of this game and downloaded it, but I have yet to play it

www.thatcloudgame.com

It's about a sick little boy dreaming of flying amongst the clouds.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:21 PM   #39
TheKorovaMilkbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
That is awesome, man!

Let me guess... ytmnd? Hilarity.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:06 AM   #40
Needled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oubliette
anybody around these parts play games on pogo.com? I'm a damn pogo addict.
I'm a pogo addict as well. Some of the games I enjoy playing on pogo include:

- Tri Peak Solitaire
- Sweet Tooth
- Word Whomp
- Bingo
- Dominoes

Tri-Peak moreso than the others lately, although I encountered a losing streak..
Needled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 07:21 PM   #41
PhilSmith

Another old favourite: Nethack. The sheer level of detail in that game design. The Dev team seem to have thought of everything...
PhilSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 04:58 PM   #42
Jane13

I just got a PS2 for Christmas... I guess at the moment I am the prodigal gaming child. I grew up playing Super Nintedo ( whoever came up with that "Sega do what Ninten-don't needs to go to hell) and then I moved up to N64... and then I stopped console gaming and concentrated entirely on tabletop RPGs. Now I'm back. I came CRAWLING back.

so, at the moment- Final Fantasy X2(actually it kind of annoys the hell out of me... I guess I got it out of nostalgia for FF2)
Prince of Persia, Sands of Time *shrug* Greeney told me about it
Jak3 and some racing game came with the console.... *sigh* I'm gonna sell the latter two, but I want to beat Jak3 first. It grows on you like an obnoxious fungus.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 07:30 PM   #43
Metatron

I absolutely l o v e Drakan. That is probably my all time favorite PS2 game besides FFX and FFX-2.
Old 01-02-2006, 01:53 PM   #44
FenrisQueen

I usually don't have the patience for video games, but I adore Katamari Damacy. Adore. I also enjoy SoulCalibur.
Truth, justice, honor...none of that's worth shit. What matters is people, and people aren't honest or just or honorable. They're petty and they're angry and they're afraid, and all anyone really wants, deep down, is to be wanted. And what's truth to that?
FenrisQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 02:48 PM   #45
Demon Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenrisQueen
I usually don't have the patience for video games, but I adore Katamari Damacy. Adore. I also enjoy SoulCalibur.
Yes!! Katamari Damacy, I love that game. I enjoy making the rolling ball grow, it's so much fun!

I've too, enjoy Soul Calibur and the third installment seems to be very good, but ever since the tournament where a 12 year old kid with no skill placed 3 in the nationals with Voldo and Mitsurugi, I've had my doubts of playing it. I guess, it wouldn't hurt to try it though.
Demon Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 05:32 PM   #46
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKorovaMilkbar
That is awesome, man!

Let me guess... ytmnd? Hilarity.

I'm mikeockhurts over there. Some times I make em as an inside joke (one site will get it while ytmnd as a whole will not)

Back on topic..I am looking to get a new PSP game soon but fuck if the pickings are still slim. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 01-03-2006, 09:22 PM   #47
AlKilyu

Glad you said that, I was debating getting that one next.

We could wait until the sequal to Legends comes out, but that will be a few months yet.

Don't watch any cursed movies on it either! >_<
Old 01-03-2006, 10:06 PM   #48
winged_dreams

I play rpgs, strategy games, and one MMORPG (World of Warcraft). I am very geeky. XD

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 11:07 PM   #49
Jane13

Quote:
Originally Posted by winged_dreams
I play rpgs, strategy games, and one MMORPG (World of Warcraft). I am very geeky. XD
And we love you for it ^.^
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 11:22 PM   #50
AlKilyu

Well the game Tstone eyesofatragedy and I play is an RPG but it's the click and slash exactly like Diablo...the first Diablo that is. Even down to teleporting back to your home town if needbe.

And horribly addicting!