Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 08-28-2005, 11:32 PM   #1
BoleroBelle

Lingerie

What are everyone's favorite styles? Do you like wearing it? I'm not just talking about bra's and panties for everyday, i mean real lingerie.

What kind of fabrics do you like best? styles? colors? What?

Guys, do you like lingerie or are you indifferent?

Come on, tell it all!
BoleroBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 01:39 AM   #2
Demonista_Ravenesque

Aye, I just gotta say, lingerie does look really nice in only two colours, blue and black, not together though, u know what I mean, and I definitely am a HUGE fan of suspenders :P

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Demonista_Ravenesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 04:47 AM   #3
Soul_Immortal

Anything cottony and un-itchy, something smooth and soft...

Thats my preference. I usually go with stuff that accentuates my skin tone.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:55 AM   #4
Spazik

This thread is useless without pics.
Spazik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 05:32 PM   #5
NyQuil of Doom

I've got no one to wear it for, but I do like it. Preferably black, red, or emerald green, and I like satin and lace. I'm not the biggest fan of thongs or G-strings; I like the boycut things that are really hot right now.

But since I've got no one to wear it for, I just wear boring old bras and underwear. My poor pretty little corsets (which are definitely lingerie-corsets, not the kind I can wear as a top if I desire) don't get to be seen by anyone. (Although they come in handy under tightly-fitted bodices.)
Old 09-02-2005, 10:18 PM   #6
Spazik

I like corsets, if the girl has the body for it.
Spazik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 02:17 AM   #7
strawberry_gashes

I like Satin slips, i have one and its pink with black lace round the edges tis gorgeous
strawberry_gashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 09:20 PM   #8
Alain

Corsets, lacy things, and aesthetically anything that makes me look feminine, since I'm not really that curvy naturally. But normally, I wear my undies from a bulk pack, 'coz I'm a poor uni student
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 08:04 PM   #9
Black Gestalt

I'm a guy, and I am indifferent. It does go under, you know, so unless your screwing the girl there isn't any reason to see them in it.
Black Gestalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 01:30 PM   #10
Nardol

Post My thesis on girly underthings.

I LOVE it when women wear lingerie. My GFs however usually don't. :( Anyway, here's my opinion on the subject.

-Black is the BEST color for "normal" lingerie, followed by dark red/burgandy, then white in my opinion. Silk/rayon/satin combined with lace edging makes the most delightful.

-Corsets, bodices and the like are EXCELLENT and are best in patterned brocades and solid textured materials.

-Hosiery, in my opinion, is a MUST. I do not like the one piece kind because then there is no excuse for garters and belts; and what is lingerie without them? Black and darker skintones and dark reds are best. Fishnets are infallible, partly because of the seam. Both sheer and fishnet benifit from a wide band at the top, sometimes a different material is better. Example: tan silk with a white lace band. Magnifique.

Pantiesshould be plain and more or less unremarkable. I prefer full to half coverage instead of g-strings and the like, it's more demure. It's such a small piece of cloth that is surrounded by much more important things -such as garters- that it seems wrong to draw undue attention to it. Besides, it covers an area that already draws enough attention.

I don't like bras all that much, they are more difficult to unclip one-handed than I originally thought they'd be and besides corsets and bodices and such are much classier and more fun, albeit more work, to take off.

So, that's that. You all know my detailed opinions on lingerie.
Nardol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 01:37 PM   #11
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Gestalt

I'm a guy, and I am indifferent.

It does go under, you know, so unless your screwing the girl there isn't any reason to see them in it.

Umm what??

Let me get this straight..

Your opinion on 'Lingerie" is that unlesss your 'screwing' the 'girl' wearing said, 'Lingerie' there is no point in seeing them in it??

So if YOU aren't 'getting some', it's just a waste of time for a woman to wear something as beautiful and feminine and sensual as Lingerie??

Is that actually something you would say to your woman??

" Yeah honey, what you're wearing is really beautiful, but if you aren't going to **** me, I don't want to see you in it! "

Maybe it's just me...

Last edited by Empty_Purple_Stars; 10-16-2005 at 01:48 PM.
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 01:53 PM   #12
Disfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
Umm what??

Let me get this straight..

Your opinion on 'Lingerie" is that unlesss your 'screwing' the 'girl' wearing said, 'Lingerie' there is no point in seeing them in it??

So if YOU aren't 'getting some', it's just a waste of time for a woman to wear something as beautiful and feminine and sensual as Lingerie??

Is that actually something you would say to your woman??

" Yeah honey, what you're wearing is really beautiful, but if you aren't going to **** me, I don't want to see you in it! "

Maybe it's just me...

"Yeah, honey... What you're wearing is really beautiful, but it tends to foster sexual arousal in me, and this misleading concept can lead to chaos if you aren't planning on anything sexual."

Oooo... Oooo... Think o' that one. Like... like think about it... really think about it.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 07:38 PM   #13
Angelic_Demon333

Cool Hmmmm...

I love things that feel great to the touch(Silk for ex), and are also pretty, and easy to remove. Try a silky corset top with matching panties, but make sure the corset top zips, it makes things MUCH easier. also, add an extra touch to it, like some sexy heels, or thigh high stockings with a garter belt. Very attractive. As for the color, just go by what you like.

The most important part of looking sexy is feeling comfortable and beautiful in your own opinion.
Angelic_Demon333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 11:26 PM   #14
winged_dreams

Lingerie is awesome and I love it so...but not a lot of places to hide it in my house (still live with my grandparents and all) -_-*

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 01:18 AM   #15
gingerbreadwench

I don't have any sexy Dainty McDainty things... but I'm definitely debating buying a corset. Just for my own enjoyment, of course. I've checked Torrid, but all the ones that they have come with a g-string, and that makes me go 'bleh!'
Old 10-22-2005, 01:26 AM   #16
Empty_Purple_Stars

I dont dig the 'Butt Floss' either, don't feel like a mutant..

/ Ick
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 08:53 AM   #17
guilty

i LOVE corsets, i have about 10 o.0 i think they make us girls look really sexy. they show the good parts of my body and hide the bad parts ^_^ black satin corset, with dark red ribbon is my all time fave . so dam sexy!
guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 12:25 AM   #18
TwistedKitsune

Corsets are yummy....and pretty much anything that involves dark jewel toned or black silk/satin and lace...and garter belts are just about one of the most magnificent things on the planet in combination with sexy thigh highs.... speaking of thigh highs http://www.sockdreams.com is -yummy-

pssst, Morrigan, tokidoki shashin wa ii...
TwistedKitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 12:33 AM   #19
rockandrose

Lingerie shopping is fun.

Wearing lingerie is sexy.

Showcasing the lingerie you're wearing is exciting.

In general, lingerie makes me happy!
Old 12-01-2005, 12:36 AM   #20
rockandrose

We need lingerie pictures in this thread?
Old 12-01-2005, 12:44 AM   #21
TwistedKitsune

while I'm still thinking about corsets.... http://www.absolutecorsets.com far too expensive for my college student budget, but yummier than sin to drool over

Old 12-01-2005, 12:52 AM   #22
rockandrose

Oh WOW.

Very elegant and beautiful.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:55 AM   #23
TwistedKitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockandrose
Oh WOW.

Very elegant and beautiful.
I know, I spend -way- too much time drooling there. I commonly find myself doing the "research paper...what's that *drifts off in a corset-ly direction*" thing, lol

Old 12-01-2005, 07:41 AM   #24
TwistedKitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
All the cheap stuff seems a little tasteless.
The unfortunate truth, nothing I've found in about 5 years of searching that is exceptionally cheap is tasteful and vice versa. Sales and Clearance at Victoria's Secret can sometimes be one's friend though...

Old 12-01-2005, 07:54 AM   #25
TwistedKitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
I want pretty & cheap lingerie, though! Dammit. Well, in any case, I have a LOT as it is.
*giggle* hurray for having lots of lingerie! I found an awesome link list about a month ago, literally spent the entire night going through it...and then in a 6am "oh crap there's light outside" stupor didn't bookmark it, and for some odd reason my history folder was set to never save anything (which I suppose is -technically- a good thing, in most cases) but I lost it, and have since never been able to relocate the amazingness that was that link list