Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: ...
.. 0 0%
... 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 10:02 AM   #1376
TeapotScar

Ugh. Movies and children... I totally hear you otfw. I went and saw The Exorcism of Emily Rose with my boyfriend, and some disgusting family CHANGED THEIR CHILD'S DIAPER IN THE MOVIE THEATRE! I couldn't believe it. I'm not sure if I've typed this rant before, but I seriously think all babies should be shot upon entrance to a movie theater. Immediately. There should be a sniper waiting on top of the snack bar, just gettin' all the bratty ones, especially.

Well, maybe not really. But they should definitely not be taken to three hour movies, or changed in the theater.

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
Old 12-18-2005, 10:16 AM   #1377
Tall One In Black

When I lived in Georgia, I had one bad theater experience after another. Kids running and screaming in the aisles, cell phones ringing, a child repeatedly saying, "Mommy, I have to go to the bathroom!"... it was ridiculous. I told people off at least three times, and I walked out of and got refunds for at least five movies.

The last straw was when some guy's cell phone rang three times in about an hour. Each time, the jerk would answer! Finally, on the fourth ring, I couldn't take it anymore. I walked over to him and snatched his cell phone right out of his hand. I quickly proceeded to the ladies' room and dropped his phone into the toilet. Then I exited out the opposite door.

I didn't go to another movie until I moved out of Georgia. I missed two years' worth of movies because of inconsiderate jackasses with no basic manners. Some people are truly a waste of air.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:18 AM   #1378
TeapotScar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall One In Black
The last straw was when some guy's cell phone rang three times in about an hour. Each time, the jerk would answer! Finally, on the fourth ring, I couldn't take it anymore. I walked over to him and snatched his cell phone right out of his hand. I quickly proceeded to the ladies' room and dropped his phone into the toilet. Then I exited out the opposite door.
The world needs way more people like you. <3

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
Old 12-18-2005, 10:23 AM   #1379
horrorgirl

I remember going to see Rattle And Hum when it came out and there were two tweens sitting in front of me who kept on giggling and talking when Larry Mullen Jr. would appear on screen. I scooted up in my seat and basically told them that if they didn't shut the hell up that I was going to beat the living crap out of them. It worked...they didn't say a word during the rest of the film. I am not usually an advocate for the use of force but sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

I'm gothtastically delicious!
Old 12-18-2005, 10:54 AM   #1380
Manimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Child
Aah, derision is a double-edged sword...

Probably about 85% of the films we get here are American, so we're pretty familiar with Americanisms. Even the way I type is quite American, some of the time. Like, I'll say y'all, which in speech just doesn't work with a cockney accent.
Can you record it and post it up for us all to laugh... err... I mean listen to?

That would make my day.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:57 AM   #1381
Wise Child

Could do, but it's unnecessary. Just saw "yaw", out loud, in a cockney accent. That's basically it!
Old 12-18-2005, 12:33 PM   #1382
Wise Child

But ... you're gonna get them a real present too, right?...

Just kidding. That's a really nice idea. And I agree about the discriminatory aspect. I know that since the majority of people in the West who follow a religion are Christian, but I agree that other religions should get their holidays as well, if you're gonna allow people Christmas off.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:40 PM   #1383
Wise Child

Sorry missed a bit out before, meant to say that I know since most people here are Christian it makes sense to give Xmas off as a matter of course, but yada yada
Old 12-18-2005, 12:54 PM   #1384
Wise Child

I guess I can just see the logic in making it automatic only for Christians, as that's the biggest holiday and they'd lose a lot of money if all the work-force were off at times like Ramadam, when only say 15% need to be. I definitely think it should be allowed though, to those people whose religion it pertains to.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:20 PM   #1385
xXambivalenceXx

All christian holidays are commercialized, as is the entire religion. For Thanksgiving, my english class had to write an essay on what we were thankful for. After listening to my classmates explain how Thanksgiving is a Christian Holiday in which we give thanks to the Lord for our many blessings, I rewrote my essay describing how Anti-Religion me and my father are. It was about how we didn't pray at the dinner table, we didn't say thanks, we just ate and enjoyed our family's presence. Needless to say, I didn't make an A.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:30 PM   #1386
xXambivalenceXx

My English Teacher is a hardcore Christian. On the first day of school, she introduced herself as a "Devout Christian." Go back a few pages, you'll see a rant I posted about her.

Apparently I didn't make an A because my conclusion paragraph was not to her liking, so she claimed it was incomplete. Whatever, I have a B in her class, which means after this year, I'm done with the bitch.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:44 PM   #1387
Wise Child

I also prefer to take it off, on account of being a lazy bitch.
Old 12-18-2005, 03:48 PM   #1388
rockandrose

Then again, isn't Christmas a very American thing? I'm sure Christimas is more of a tradional event than in Australia. And so is Halloween. It seems that both Christmas and Halloween is overly celebrated and commeralised in the US, as opposed to Australia. My comparision is derived from random information I read via the internet, watching typical American movies etc.
Old 12-18-2005, 04:38 PM   #1389
syn

very true, its kinda scary in a way.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:24 PM   #1390
ohthefuckwell

ha! thanks, edible_eye.

see, the thing is.... i wasn't annoyed with the child. it was his parents that pissed me right the fuck off. it wasn't his fault he was there. he had no choice. and he was being... well... a two-year-old boy. a tired, bored, cranky two-year-old boy. (if he was even THAT old. i'm just guessing.) i felt so sorry for him. sure, there were those in the theater who were annoyed by him, but he wasn't my problem. his parents were.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:31 AM   #1391
BlackWidow

Angry Law Enforcement

Ok, Last night were driving on the highway, it's 75 miles an hour. It takes about 45 minutes to get from point A to point B. Were driving 85 miles and hour. We pull up to a cop and I'm like, "Oh shit, it's a cop!" to my husband. We start slowing down, but he pulls us over. He claims we were going 101 miles an hour!! We both tell him, "There is no way were going that fast, we were going 85 when we past you then started slowing down." He says, "Well, I clocked you a few times from behind me and you were going 101, even when you were in front of me you were going about 90-95." So, long story short, we now have a bogus ticket for $117.00 for driving 101 miles an hour in a 75 mile an hour zone!! I can not believe this shit! (Sorry for the words-I'm a little frustrated.) Should we even try to fight this in court. He shouldnt be able to get away with this, that is the biggest lie! Until now, I have had no real problem with honest police officers doing their job, but this asswipe is a liar! Can ya give me some advice? I really wanna fight back, but is it worth the effort?
Old 12-19-2005, 12:38 AM   #1392
Blushing Heliophobe

Petition it. If he doesn't show up in court then they throw it out (at least when I was still living in CA it was that way).
Old 12-19-2005, 12:40 AM   #1393
BlackWidow

Sweet, thanks, I think I will fight this. It's bullshit and he shouldnt be able to get away with it! Cops...so stuck up.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:08 AM   #1394
Wise Child

In England, we call them "the filth". Or "the pigs". For precisely this reason.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:18 AM   #1395
Blushing Heliophobe

I think they look like glow sticks!
Old 12-19-2005, 05:52 AM   #1396
edible_eye

as wonderful as it is to see you trashing a profession i highly respect, despite the few bad apples sprinkled here and there, my advice is to fight the ticket. you'll likely go before the court magistrate - as long as you don't have a shitty driving record - and the magistrate will likely reduce the fine. the main thing is to make sure they reduce the fine enough to avoid points on your license, or at least keep the points below where they will affect your insurance.

don't go in with a cocky attitude or you're fucked.

and i'm moving this to the 'rant' thread.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:23 AM   #1397
Wise Child

Maybe it was a little harsh to generalise about ALL policemen. There are probably plenty out there who do their job with commitment and integrity.

Just not in my area.

When I was nine, my mother called the police late one night because several druggies were trying to break into our house, which is adjacent to a common that a lot of people use as a short cut. We assumed said men to be druggies due to their behaviour, which involved much whooping and shouting of "gonna kill you..." My mum called the police and was told a response could take up to twenty minutes. It actually took one hour and forty.

It's hard to see much that could take priority over a mother and two young children alone in a house with people trying to break in shouting about killing, especially on a week night. And when, the next day, it transpired that some neighbours had heard them and also called the police, it was even harder. Makes it unclear exactly where the taxes go.

A couple of weeks back, I was home for weekend and there were some kids setting off fireworks on the same common, aiming them at passers-by. When I came out of the common on the other side I saw a policeman and woman, maybe a five minute walk from the common. I told them about the kids and got a blank stare, and an "oh, okay, we'll check it out..." When I passed back that way, a couple of hours later, they were still there. Way to lay down the law.

So yeah, I'm sure some policemen do their job well, but the two above incidents represent my personal experience with the police in its entirety. I'm sure you'll forgive me if I'm a tad jaded!
Old 12-19-2005, 12:53 PM   #1398
Wise Child

Because, sweetie, they've looked around the forums and realised that you're one of the people who's been here the longest. Maybe they think that if they lick your ass, you'll save them from flamings in manner of caped crusader or similar.

You have noobs at your feet. You have the power. Suck it up, dude!
Old 12-19-2005, 04:27 PM   #1399
syn

I hate it when someone tried to be just like you and sucks up to you. I had someone like that once. I could have killed her. She was this trampy little poser that hung around me like a bad smell. (Some one mentioned her the other day and I needed a good rant and bitch. Feeling much better now)
Old 12-19-2005, 04:39 PM   #1400
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Child
So yeah, I'm sure some policemen do their job well, but the two above incidents represent my personal experience with the police in its entirety. I'm sure you'll forgive me if I'm a tad jaded!
no forgiveness needed, of course. i'm not here to tell you what to feel or believe. your experiences are your own and from them, you've formulated an opinion of the police force around you. it's the fault of the officers representing their department, more than anything else.

my comment was directed at the flippant statements that followed as a side issue to my main point - which was to fight the ticket.