Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 09-29-2006, 03:30 PM   #1
Just_me23

No place better to post this...

Well,first off i found out i am not goth...im punk. but i just wunna know,my sister ses she is goth,but i havent a clue about gothic cultre,will somebody explain the culture please? my dad told me its all saten worship,thats not true,is it?
Just_me23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 03:34 PM   #2
She_Is_My_Sin

*sigh* There are tons of posts asking what goth is. Go & look for Goth With A Sledgehammer.

Don't make anymore pointless threads please.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 03:37 PM   #3
Just_me23

Quote:
Originally Posted by She_Is_My_Sin
*sigh* There are tons of posts asking what goth is. Go & look for Goth With A Sledgehammer.

Don't make anymore pointless threads please.
what the hell? im just asking a question,god damn.
Just_me23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 03:57 PM   #4
She_Is_My_Sin

Yes but it's a stupid question. You come here & ask for an explaination on gothic culture. EVERYWHERE on this site has threads & posts on peoples opinions of goth. I've got many questions I'd like answered, but I don't flood the site with threads asking whether my cup of tea is goth enough.

Sheesh, just explore the site for the answer to your question. You'll probably find it somewhere.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 04:29 PM   #5
Godslayer Jillian

I seriously doubt you're punk.
Never confuse "pop/punk" with punk.
If you don't know who the Sex Pistols, The Damned, and The Clash are, you're not punk.
If you don't know what Anarchy is (even if you do not believe in it), you're probably not punk.
If you use clothes with Anarchy symbols, you probably have no fucking idea what Anarchy is; and therefore, you probably are not punk.
If your favorite CD is a CD of Blink 182, Green Day, Papa Roach, Hawthorne Heights, or Fall Out Boy, stay the fuck away from real punks, for the purity of the Punk subculture and your own well being.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 08:17 PM   #6
Magpie_Tendencies

Jillian, I totally <3 you.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:38 PM   #7
darkness-creepshow

....this is very pointless...your goth if your goth...dont ask if you are...you are if you are...dont ask what it is..if somthing goth appeals to you more than anything than it is for you..
darkness-creepshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 08:46 PM   #8
Godslayer Jillian

But how would she know if she is if she doesn't know what it implies to be?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 09:04 PM   #9
jebes

I may be new to this but Jillian does make a good point your sister should know the gothic culture and should be able to tell you about what it is and stands for if she is truely into the culture. Besides that I am a mixture of punk and gothic I mingle with people from both cultures freely, as most people do that I know in my area. But if you do call listening to Good Charlotte, Fallout Boy, or Blink 182 then you are not punk you are what we call either a poser or emo either one is pretty much suicide in my area.
jebes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 09:20 PM   #10
Darkbender423

I think Jillian prety much hit the right note on this one. Just be who you, explore what is out there and you will find out if you are or are not. That is a decision that you must find the answer to. It's all out there for you to discover, in the deep dark places that we call home. If you listen to any of the bands he mentioned and you go around any real punks you may find yourself in a bit of a mess. Umm...this is like the fourth satanic comment I've read today...
Darkbender423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 07:34 AM   #11
bleedingheart344

Jillian is completely right. And besides, don't act so downhearted because you aren't goth, you should be out to be who you are, not a specific culture.