Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:36 PM   #3976
Underwater Ophelia

Maybe you're right, and he knows exactly what you meant. You'd better hope he's clueless, because if he knew what you meant, he doesn't want you and was trying to spare your feelings by acting dumb.

The ball is in his court now, unless he's far stupider than we're giving him credit for.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:44 PM   #3977
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
The AC cord on my laptop developed a short in it. The battery ran dead while I was online last night, and even though I've set it up where the cord is stable and now charging the battery and powering the laptop, it won't see the wireless adaptor or the external hard drive.

So I walked away from it before I got really frustrated. And I'm doing my business online on the old backup PC that I built in 2000/2001. It's set up on a desk in my bedroom and while it's serviceable, it's not really ideal or comfortable. I'm not spending a lot of time here doing things like watching videos because it's not practical.

So if you see me posting less for a bit, that's why.

And I'm dreading the fact that a replacement AC adapter that should only cost $10 to $20 is probably going to set me back something like $50.

Son of a bitch, this shit pisses me off!

[/rant]

Are you friends with anyone with computer hardware knowhow? The same happened to the AC adapter on my old laptop, my dad took it and was able to just split the cord open and fix the wires.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:20 AM   #3978
Methadrine

<insert deity of choice> dammit! I've been to several driving schools today and each and every one was fullbooked when it came to motorcycles. Last place was more hopeful and they're going to call me next week if they had any spots left. Only bad thing about that is that I'll have to drive on a BMW bike. Those things are HUGE.. I wanted to drive on a sportsbike.

Oh well, time will tell. They seemed to have a properly grizzled biker as teacher atleast, which is ridiculously cool.

Wish me luck.

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:41 AM   #3979
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
Maybe you're right, and he knows exactly what you meant. You'd better hope he's clueless, because if he knew what you meant, he doesn't want you and was trying to spare your feelings by acting dumb.

The ball is in his court now, unless he's far stupider than we're giving him credit for.
Harsh, but true.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:48 AM   #3980
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child View Post
Harsh, but true.
Oh, come on, how is that harsh?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:51 AM   #3981
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Oh, come on, how is that harsh?
Not harsh as in Ophelia's being a bitch. Harsh as in that shit ain't gonna be easy to hear about someone you really like.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:56 AM   #3982
Tam Li Hua

Lesson #1208: Do not eat severely garlicky or spicy foods while taking very sensitive antibiotics. Stick to gentle foods, like bananas, apple sauce, and toast.

Made spaghetti last night with rather garlicky Ragu, then took my antibiotic shortly after. It...did not end well.

I'm ready to be well again now, Universe..
Old 07-09-2010, 07:40 AM   #3983
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Are you friends with anyone with computer hardware knowhow? The same happened to the AC adapter on my old laptop, my dad took it and was able to just split the cord open and fix the wires.
Actually, that'd be me ... you know, the pretty handy with computer hardware and chock full o' knowhow guy. I've spliced many a cord in my time. It's just that the short is right at the plug, so it can't be spliced that way. Good idea, though.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:03 AM   #3984
Ben Lahnger

Actually, I could do it if I could find another cord with the same tip on the end that I could cut the tip off (with enough lead wire coming off it) to spice onto the end of the existing wire here ... but I don't have one. I'm going to ask around a bit ... might get lucky.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 07-09-2010, 06:20 PM   #3985
Saya

Mercedes is in heat and its freaking Lucy out, so of course I look on google to see if there's anyway to calm a cat in heat down (she's not loud or anything, but Lucy is getting aggressive). Its a three month long waiting list to get her spayed, I know thats the easiest way but I can't afford to get it done right away (here if you're poor you go on a waiting list and how much you pay depends on your income, which is pretty sweet).

Anyway, I keept running into shit like "**** your cat with a Q-tip! Perfect if you want to have kittens later down the road, surgery is just way too cruel." GAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:18 PM   #3986
the-nihilist

You named your cat Mercedes?
Old 07-09-2010, 07:24 PM   #3987
Saya

No, my sister named her Mercedes, I'm taking care of her indefinitely. We're both fans of The Count Of Monte Cristo.

Although I think she nicknamed her "Pooter" since Mercedes doesn't roll off the tongue.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:25 PM   #3988
the-nihilist

Someone on youtube named their cat "Megatron."
Old 07-09-2010, 07:26 PM   #3989
Saya

I know a Battle Cat!
Old 07-09-2010, 10:23 PM   #3990
gothicusmaximus

My roommate is boring and goes to bed at midnight like a chump.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:42 AM   #3991
Ben Lahnger

I'd rather have a dog than a roommate.

-------------------------------------------

Publisher's Clearing House, why do you taunt me with those ridiculous commercials?

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 07-10-2010, 06:24 PM   #3992
korinna5555

I go to goth night.
I go to the bar and order "whiskey, neat, please"
I am brought a shot.
I give the bartender funny look.
She says "oh, did you want it in a glass with some ice?"
"Um, no. This is fine.."
I shoot said shot, pay her, and then go outside and facepalm.

Fucking hell. Things like that get on my nerves.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:32 PM   #3993
korinna5555

Quote:

Actually, it's more of a "he has commitment issues and is trying to say I misunderstood what he meant because he had a freak-out" situation. I spoke to a mutual friend of ours, got that little tidbit from her.
But, if he wants to be like that, screw him.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:14 PM   #3994
Pineapple_Juice

To the world:
I have no idea how this epidemic started. It is disturbing, unnatural and wrong. Everyone afflicted by this disease should seek professional help and repeat after me-
"THE CREEPSHOW is a SUCKY band-and it doesn't matter which bitch is singing. It still sucks. I, the afflicted, will now deposit my CREEPSHOW cds into the nearest trash receptacle and invest my hard-earned cash into Deadbolt or Frantic Flintstones cds instead. Devil Doll is also acceptable if my need for female musicians is high. Again, Creepshow SUCKS."

Thank you, and good luck.

PS: stay tuned for my new PSA on the psychological trauma that can occur from listening to MISS DERRINGER for longer than 15 seconds. COMING SOON!
Old 07-10-2010, 07:16 PM   #3995
korinna5555

I second the Deadbolt bit.
Old 07-11-2010, 03:46 AM   #3996
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555 View Post
Actually, it's more of a "he has commitment issues and is trying to say I misunderstood what he meant because he had a freak-out" situation. I spoke to a mutual friend of ours, got that little tidbit from her.
But, if he wants to be like that, screw him.
Actually, if I were you, I wouldn't screw him.

Um ... that's probably what you meant.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 07-11-2010, 04:39 AM   #3997
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555 View Post
I go to goth night.
I go to the bar and order "whiskey, neat, please"
I am brought a shot.
I give the bartender funny look.
She says "oh, did you want it in a glass with some ice?"
"Um, no. This is fine.."
I shoot said shot, pay her, and then go outside and facepalm.

Fucking hell. Things like that get on my nerves.
Well seeing as you didn't specify how you wanted it served to you, it was fairly logical for her to serve it that way. And she did ask if you wanted it served another way and you declined. So you only have yourself to blame for that one.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 05:49 AM   #3998
Solumina

Whisky neat means a glass of whisky with no ice. She gave her a shot and when she realized something was wrong she offered her a glass with ice. Any bartender should know what neat means.

As for my own rant: turning the Karate Kid into a drinking game is awesome, just not when you have to be at work at 7:00am the next day.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:31 AM   #3999
Raptor

I always thought neat just means nothing added, including water or ice, but I'd trust Solumina.

How hard would it have been to ask for it in glass with no ice though? The bartender offered to change it for you. Then you would have got what you wanted and still have the chance to complain about people not knowing what they're doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
"THE CREEPSHOW is a SUCKY band-and it doesn't matter which bitch is singing. It still sucks. I, the afflicted, will now deposit my CREEPSHOW cds into the nearest trash receptacle and invest my hard-earned cash into Deadbolt or Frantic Flintstones cds instead. Devil Doll is also acceptable if my need for female musicians is high. Again, Creepshow SUCKS."
Hah. I found the "The Garden" recently and I liked it. Then I found the album it was from and yeah, waste of money. Frantic Flintstones sound pretty awesome. You wouldn't happen to know if there's anything that sounds like The Quakes' Psyops album? I like all their stuff I've heard, but that album is my favourite.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:30 PM   #4000
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
Well seeing as you didn't specify how you wanted it served to you, it was fairly logical for her to serve it that way. And she did ask if you wanted it served another way and you declined. So you only have yourself to blame for that one.
Yeah, honeythorn, "whiskey, neat" is a very specific phrase, well known around the world. It's been in use for a long time (referenced HERE as the rewritten lyrics to the Killaloe March as used by Connaught Rangers starting in 1890 - "It's as natural as drinking whiskey neat.")

It specifies whiskey in a standard glass with nothing else (hence the "neat" part) and is something basic that should be taught to any bartender before they ever serve a drink.

Korrina was very specific, as tens of thousands of other whiskey drinkers around the globe are in using the exact same phrase every day. I would share Korinna's frustration with a barkeep who didn't understand this simple term.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,