Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:50 PM   #1
KissMeDeadly

Shut the fuck up.

Let me say this first: I am a hypocrite.

Now that that's settled, on with the bitching!

If I hear the words, "I don't care" in regards to the current state of the nation, or, to a greater extent, the world, I swear to god I'm going jihad with a fucking hammer on some bitches.

You know, everybody is so obsessed with the luxuries of the world nobody cares about the problems that will most likely prevent us from having said luxuries. If we keep going the way we're going (in regards to the US, that is), we're going to be living in mud fucking huts. I like my goddamn internet. I like my fucking luxuries. I don't want to lose them to apathy and ignorance. The nation needs people who care. The nation needs people who are thinking less about their own wallets and more about the collective wallet of the world.

Most people, in my experience, when being told about problems the nation is having, will just wave it off. They'll say, "Well, I can't do anything about it." Bullshit. Bull fucking shit you can't. You really can't do so much as just volunteer for community service or something? Fuck. Not to mention all the youth who's greatest ambition is 'auto mechanic' or 'working at the mall' or some silly bullshit like that? The object in life isn't to make money, for fuck's sake!

We need engineers, we need doctors, scientists, politicians who can't be bought and actually give a shit. Not to mention that these worthwhile and constructive positions usually entail a decent living. Why not make money *and* do something good for the rest of us?

It's time to get our heads out of our asses, guys. Seriously. This shit is not fucking working!

I feel like there is a bomb in the room and I'm the only one who fucking cares.

And, honestly, I haven't done my part. I haven't. But you can bet your sweet gothic ass I'm going to. I'm 19. I fucked up in highschool, and I know I should be going a bit farther than I am at this point. But for fucks sake I'm enrolling in community college and hope that's enough to get my GED carrying ass into college so I can get a good enough education to do something worthwhile. I don't know quite what to do just yet, but sweet fucking christ I'm going to do something.

Hopefully I'll be able to be one of those noble, happy fucks who when they die can honestly say they helped. Even if it's just a little. Even if it's so little nobody even knows. If we all did just a little, it could lead to a very, very big change. Hopefully for the better.

/rant.
KissMeDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:46 PM   #2
Versus

I think your problem is that you think you can't do anything to make the world a better place right now.

There is a dude that spends his free time (two weeks a year) climbing the tallest mountain on every continent to raise money for wounded service members. I think that's pretty cool.

Find something you are good at and use it to help people that really need it.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 06:18 AM   #3
Solumina

You also seem to think that it is either an all or nothing kind of deal, and it really doesn't have to be. You can do great things for people while still doing nice things for yourself, after all tons of self-sacrifices tends to make people burn out and sometimes get a little resentful of the causes they champion. You talk about retail and being a mechanic as being shitty life goals but those are things that some people like to do and those are jobs that need to be done (and I don't know about you but I prefer the person who is keeping my car safe and running to be someone who wanted to work on cars, not someone who is just doing it because they have no other options). Sure they are not jobs that will change the world, the vast majority of jobs wont do shit to change the world, that doesn't mean the people with those jobs can't make a meaningful difference in the world around them.

You also don't have to try and change everything, just focus on something that matters to you. After all the whole world doesn't need to change to change some people's lives.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 06:55 AM   #4
Saya

Yeah, not everyone can be doctors and engineers. Not everyone has the interest to, not everyone has the money to. School is a shit load of work, you need to do something you're passionate about to get through it well enough. And I had far more time to volunteer when I was working retail than I do now. And money to donate.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:03 AM   #5
$haDe

Not everyone see the entire view, some are focused on doing something else, and others are not at all capable of understanding the problem as a whole, or simply don't care.

You need more than interest to get people involve, you need motivation.