Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 02-19-2011, 05:05 PM   #1
Timeless Rebellion

Lestat the Musical

As some of you may or may not know, a musical built on The Vampire Lestat was made back in 2005 I believe it was.
I myself just found out about it today, and thrilled as I was, I started researching and wanted to buy the soundtrack right away.
Meanwhile it seems the show flopped greatly on Broadway, though I find it hard to believe.
It seems that there are no plans from the people in charge to release the actual soundtrack that was recorded and ready for production even though the presales alone made it a top seller. Of course, this made me angry, so I started looking for ways that I could get to know the music in other ways, and it turns out that I am not at all the only one who feels like that, and so bootleg copies are available on eBay for insane amounts.

So basically(getting to the point at last) I found this link of this really nice guy who got together the best of the best bootleg recordings he could find and put them up for free! While the press recordings are of fine quality, the audience bootleg recordings are of course of lower quality, but good enough that you can get to know the plot and music.
Normally I don't support piracy and bootlegging, but since the official soundtrack won't be released...
*Shut up and give us the link!*

Okay, okay.
http://www.freewebs.com/lestatmusical/
Timeless Rebellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:58 AM   #2
vx cheerleader 69

"Lestat, the musical"...
... errrrrrrr ....
sounds pretty horrific to me, but not in the right way.
vx cheerleader 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:19 AM   #3
Timeless Rebellion

I was sceptic too. But the music is fantastic.
Timeless Rebellion is offline   Reply With Quote