Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 04-29-2006, 05:01 PM   #1
polished_wolf_claws

Oh Noes!!... Not Gawf Enuff.....

So I'm hanging out in a coffee shop in my home town a christmas, and this Kid walks up to my and my friends. Little babygoth kid... prolly 14-15, wearing ALOT of Makeup(Poorly, might i add), a Shag haircut all to one side, black skater shoes, emily the strange shirt, striped arm socks, spiked braclette *Ya know, from San fransisco novelties* and really tight stone washed jeans... also not this was A GUY.

This kid asked who I was. Not to be conceted, but that surprised me, first off. most people know who I am in town..... I'm like one of the original 4 People in the city to be 'Goth/punk'... Most anyone in the scene knows me from either stories, parites, or the Coffee Shops.
You see, when I come home, I'm like fuckin A messiah to these people.... .I'm like the only person who got out of the city and stayed out. I'm one of the oldest in our group, I was the Cities only crossdresser(a 'Goth' one at that) I was the first one out of the closet in terms of my Bisexuality, I've done some pretty outrageous things when I was younger(Still do sometimes) and I'm the ONLY on who doesnt drink. all this shit apparently sets me up on a pedastil.....(I know spelling is poor.... I'm tired).....

I tell the Kid who I am.
I get this really odd look. Like disbelief.

"Your Not Izzy" he tells me.
"What? Of course I am." I mean I know who I am.
My friends also protest to this kid.
"YOu Dont look a thing like I thought you would then."
"What are you talking about kid?"
"YOu dont even look goth."
Well, Granted, in his Tiny little brain it must mean that I'm not wearing alot of makeup, I have blonde hair, facial hair, blue jeans on, a denim vest, and I am only wearing a Little plaid bracelette.
So I tried to explain to him the definition of goth not limiting it to a simple stereotype...... but then he tells me that a girl I hang out with says it is.
Good friend of mine actually...... She's been telling everyone who wears makeup or cuts themselves that their Goth......
as My week off progresses, I notice all saying the same thing.....

I dont Listen to Cradle of Filth, thus I'm Not goth.
I wear Color, so I'm not Goth.
I'm not into cutting or Heavy Bondage, thus I'm not goth.
I LIKE FAERIES, so I'm Not goth.
I respect the Christian Faith, SO I'm Not goth.
My favorite color is pink, Not black, so I'm not a goth.
I watch Sailor Moon, So I'm Not Goth
I'm Training to be a Professional Wrestler, So I'm Not Goth.

If thats what this generation defines the culture as, I dont think I want any part of it.

I'm not starting a fight with any Baby Bats, nor am I definining goth...... I Dont want a semantic debate, nor do I want to give myself a fascist reputation.

God forbid I 'Not Goth' Myself Even More.......

"Teh Lordz Satan Protektz me frm ebil in mah PANTS!!!!!11111"
polished_wolf_claws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 05:47 PM   #2
DeadlyButtMonkey

That's shit right there. I don't wear makeup or cut myself. I guess that I'm not considered a goth either.
DeadlyButtMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 07:50 PM   #3
Nivech

I think its some crazy faze most confused kids go through or something. Where I live we call them Spookykids because of they way they look. It has nothing to do we being goth or not in its definition. The title is solely on appearances, which is nice. But dear lordy do they scare me sometimes... the amount of time they must spend every day in the mirror, sheesh.

My fave colours are Bright Yellow and Green. Rainbows are Pretty, and we need more colour in the world. Yay smiles and flowers and love and peace! Wait, whats this?? I must be some crazy hippie!
Nivech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 07:58 PM   #4
Draconysius

You know, there's a little thread up at the top of the whining section called the 'Rant Thread' where you can post your whinings instead of having to make a new thread. I'm not trying to sound impolite, but most of the board members here (including myself) become agitated about these things; there's a reason for stickied topics. Just watch yourself, hon. Otherwise, I'll have to spank ya .
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 08:13 PM   #5
Draconysius

Finally, you return my love! *cries tears of laughter*

*hides in corner, cutting himself, wishing he hadn't made that Diary of Dreams reference*
Old 04-30-2006, 04:43 AM   #6
Wise Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivech
My fave colours are Bright Yellow and Green. Rainbows are Pretty, and we need more colour in the world. Yay smiles and flowers and love and peace! Wait, whats this?? I must be some crazy hippie!
I second that. Now me, I love nothing more than a good sunset. If I'm in my room when it happens, I'll stop what I'm doing, sit on the windowsill and watch it. I've never told anyone that - not because it's not gothy enough, but just because it sounds really, really cheesy.

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 06:32 AM   #7
Virulent Dryad

COF is not actually a goth band, it's symphonic black metal and I don't listen to them either. I wear colour. Not only do I like faeries but I believe in them and I draw them. I respect the Christian faith too and yeah I can't say much for the other ones lol.

As for the rest, clearly this kid just needs to read more into what the sub-culture is, and what it is not.
"Like that old tale, the girl who wanted to become the best dancer in the world. "Yes," said the sorceress, "but each time you set your foot on earth will be like knives slashing." "If you can stand the pain, you will be granted your desire."
Virulent Dryad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 10:41 AM   #8
horrorgirl

Kids these days....jeesh!!!!!

I'm gothtastically delicious!
horrorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 10:52 AM   #9
WolfMoon

Wow Poli, sounds like you're some kind of celebrity.

Can I touch you?
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 08:28 PM   #10
Draconysius

Thank you, Dryad for posting something absolutely irrelevant to the thread topic. You just pushed me over the brink insanity where I can finally talk to the chesire cat. Join me, Santarea.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:59 PM   #11
maggot

Does that mean I can't come?
Old 04-30-2006, 10:11 PM   #12
maggot

Dammit! now I wanna quote that! I have a follow up!

I'll yell "wait a couple years!" and make an obscene gesture. I blame the hormones
Old 06-26-2006, 03:34 AM   #13
Kali Maxwell

That's... interesting.

Strangely it reminds me of some kid in my high school who, when he saw someone playing with Yu-Gi-Oh! cards, pointed to the cards and cried out to the nearest adult: "They're Gothlick, take them away!" (Gothlick? Hmm... Sounds fun. I should ask my boyfriend if we can try it tonight.)
Kali Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 08:36 AM   #14
cradle

This post is exactly how i feel. I wore an Ice Cube shirt to school and everyone called me a "wigger," that was a day after the same people that called me a "wigger called me a "goth"...
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to tell everyone about that time at Ronnie's house when I smashed the beer bottle over my own head.
cradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 03:49 AM   #15
Black Widow

Location: Behind you, possibly making sweet love to random pieces of furniture while singing Dragostea Din Tei
Yeah...kids are easily brainwashed by the TV into thinking all kinds of shit.

I do like the way that some of the 'spookykids' dress though...it turns me on, big time.
Black Widow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 12:23 AM   #16
ambulance1111

lmao, you sound like a saint.;3 I love to wear white colored clothing, and too much black makes me stuffy and hot. I don't wear any make up because again, I feel like it's going to suffocate me. Though I do love platforms, bondage boots, and trouser socks. So the cafe bookstore I spend hours at, just to read manga and sewing books. The mallcore goth kids and " elders " always take up the nice chairs and table space. They just sit there all day..and I guess they talk or write poetry or something. I don't mind to much, I smile at them and they give me dirty looks. I smile at everyone, really not exactly ray of sunshine. I just get into a great loving mood when I'm at the bookstore.
ambulance1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 07:15 AM   #17
Black Widow

Location: Behind you, possibly making sweet love to random pieces of furniture while singing Dragostea Din Tei
I get a lot of the "you're not obsessed with death, therefore you're not Goth" thing myself. Where does Hollywood come up with this fucked-ass stereotype anyway?
Black Widow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 08:37 AM   #18
Panther

Location: The middle of nowhere, on the outskirts of the boonies.
I honestly don't usually see the point in bothering to dress like anything. When I'm not at work, I rarly wear a shirt, much less a full black ensemble. And I have ost the ability to not smile at strangers, since my continuesd employment relies on my being able to smile at people who might or might not be dumbasses.
Will we stroll dreaming of the lost America of love
past blue automobiles in driveways, home to our silent
cottage?
-Allen Ginsberg, A Supermarket in California
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 10:28 AM   #19
Delkaetre

Never worry about such things... I got spookykids telling me I wasn't goth when they were wearing Slipknot shirts and I was wearing Sisters of Mercy... (it's because I don't have my hair dyed or wear vast amounts of badly caked on makeup, I think)
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 06:55 AM   #20
She_Is_My_Sin

I was at school & the guy sat behind me was taunting me with "GAWFF! GAWFF!". Anyways there was this girl sat next to him, I didn't know her too well but I knew she was in the 'emo' crowd & she said really loudly:
"I don't know why you're doing that, she just thinks she's gawf, but she isn't."

Being the better person I didn't answer back, but I was deeply enraged at the self appointed 'queen of anything alternative'.*nods head*
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 08:30 AM   #21
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Yes, I was also the first one in my town to do anything of the sorts too. I was the first girl to even dare venture into Goth territory. My town is full of Catholics and Christians who harass me a lot for my appearance. And when I did this some other kids started too. But they went around it all the wrong way. Bad make up, horrendous clothes, etc. Then they would go around telling me I wasn't Goth at all. It tends to annoy the shit outta me. I may not be Goth, but that doesn't mean they should go around judging people anyway. Kids, they need more mentors.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:27 AM   #22
Minyaliel

I get the occasional odd looks, and sometimes I freak out teens in their mass- produced clothing, but being lucky enough to belong to the artistic community in this town I'm accepted and even recieve a lot of complements on my appearance, both at school and in my spare time. I don't think I've ever heard that I'm not "goth enough", but this might be because there aren't too many of the kind here, so if you asked random people on the street what a goth is, they'd probably not be able to answer :P
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 02:48 PM   #23
She_Is_My_Sin

Someone came up to me at school & asked if they could photograph my face for their art project, on the grounds that it was lovely & gothic....strange...
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 06:32 PM   #24
reversed poem

ooo
can i have a piece of your hair
i want to sell it on ebay=)
and yeah we all know about the lebballing
its a pain in the ass
because people do not understand half the shit there talking about
reversed poem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 07:03 PM   #25
Godslayer Jillian

We don't understand half of the shit you're just "talking" about.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote