Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 10-29-2008, 05:00 AM   #1
Bat Attack

Goth murderer's sentence reduced.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/l...re/7696709.stm
Bat Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:06 AM   #2
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Bloody bastards. I am not normally vengeful but I hope they received their due comeuppance from other inmates whilst in custody.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:29 AM   #3
Edward Strange

It's very doubtful in the UK prison system unless you're a sex offender. But moving away from 'inmate-justice' and soap dropped on the floor..

Only one sentence was reduced and that was only by nine months so the guy is going to be in his 30's when he comes out and a teenager when he went in. That's pretty strong stuff from the Judiciary here in the UK! The fear is that due to overcrowding in the prison system they might only serve a certain amount of their sentence before being released on license to make room for others.
However, due to the seriousness of their crime and the direction of the judge when he passed sentence should make this unlikely.

We hope anyway.
Still doesn't feel like enough though does it?

Breathing heard just below the floorboards.
The sense of something terrible rousing itself from
from its torpor.
Edward Strange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:03 AM   #4
Ms.Crowbar

Ugly fuckers.
If you ask me, they should both be beaten within an inch of their lives, just so that they know what it feels like, just so that their mothers know what it's like to almost lose a child in that brutal manner.
May God turn his back on them when they get their comeuppance.
Jail is too kind for what they did to poor Sophie.
Ms.Crowbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:21 AM   #5
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Even after the detective described it as "one of the most violent murders he had seen"? What was the court of appeals thinking? That they were young and stupid? That they didn't know what they were doing like firing a gun? Young and stupid are people who steal, or kill someone with a gun while because you were nervous, or a combination of the two. You don't accidentally beat someone to death. You don't accidentally feel Someone's blood on your hands and decide to make them bleed some more. You don't accidentally beat someone to death as they crying out for help, while they are holding their beloved in their hands...... There is no more violent a murder than those done with your own bare hands, and there should be no less of a punishment!

Once they get out I say we should keep an eye on them, a very close and visible eye, we must never forget, and they must never be allowed to forget.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:30 PM   #6
freddy666

pricks i wish they would get the electric chair. i feel very bad for sophie but imagine what her mother and boyfriend must be going through. i read the story online a couple weeks ago i hate them so much i wish they would get the worst execution possible.
freddy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:59 PM   #7
Exho

whaat? o.0, i don't understand. Why they did something like that? .., only because they were goth?.., fucking bastards!
Exho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 04:58 PM   #8
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Crowbar
beaten within an inch of their lives
Ooooooooh...
Ooooooooh...
Ooooooooh...
Ooooooooh...
We don't need no education! (Ba da wa ba ba ba da wa)
We don't need no thought control!
No dark sarcasm in the classroom!
Teacher leave them kids alone!
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:26 PM   #9
Jonathan

They should have been put down, in a humane and expedient manner.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:54 PM   #10
Godslayer Jillian

Oh no!
They're now serving barely fifteen and a half years instead of sixteen and a quarter!
THE HORROR

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:16 PM   #11
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Oh no!
They're now serving barely fifteen and a half years instead of sixteen and a quarter!
THE HORROR
That basically sums up my thoughts on this matter.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:07 PM   #12
Steppenwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus
There is no more violent a murder than those done with your own bare hands
This guys were animals , not humans . What they deserve is to be traten like true animals : Lets make them spend the rest of their pathetic ,miserable WHOLE LIVES in jail . And never , ever be allowed to go out again . Thats what I call JUSTICE .

Honestly , I would like to give those animals the chance of spare some public money , giving them the chance to choose between the whole life in jail or the electric chair .

I dont want to get flammed , so I'm going to keep silent about what I feel about the ones who actually are able to see what they have done and will see how low they felt ... That's no life at all , only torture .
Steppenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:17 PM   #13
~~Auriel~~

He's still going to be in there long enough to have lost a good portion of his life.
On a creative note, they both could be dragged out in to the woods, have their nuts nailed to a tree stump with a rusty nail, given a knife, and the woods around them set on fire.

Muwhahahahaha
~~Auriel~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:28 PM   #14
Godslayer Jillian

If you all are serious, you are way worse than these three drunk teenagers.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:48 PM   #15
Steppenwolf

If you meant me , tell me why .
Old 11-13-2008, 08:51 PM   #16
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steppenwolf
This guys were animals , not humans
You are implying animals deserve the shitty treatment you ascribe to these guys below.
Quote:
What they deserve is to be traten like true animals
My bad, you weren't implying it, you were blatantly saying it.
Quote:
Lets make them spend the rest of their pathetic ,miserable WHOLE LIVES in jail
Because that's what three ignorant teenagers deserve for getting drunk at night and admitting their culpability in court, huh?
Quote:
And never , ever be allowed to go out again . Thats what I call JUSTICE .
Consciously and willingly stripping the lives and futures of three teenagers is your concept of justice?

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 11-13-2008, 08:59 PM   #17
Godslayer Jillian

But I said "you all" so don't think I'm stopping just with you. There are pretty fucking idiotic statements also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Crowbar
If you ask me, they should both be beaten within an inch of their lives, just so that they know what it feels like, just so that their mothers know what it's like to almost lose a child in that brutal manner.
May God turn his back on them when they get their comeuppance.
Jail is too kind for what they did to poor Sophie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy666
pricks i wish they would get the electric chair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~Auriel~~
they both could be dragged out in to the woods, have their nuts nailed to a tree stump with a rusty nail, given a knife, and the woods around them set on fire.
Should I detail why they're so stupid, or should I just leave it at that?

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 11-13-2008, 09:13 PM   #18
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
If you all are serious, you are way worse than these three drunk teenagers.
They'd been drinking. It doesn't say how drunk they were.
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:23 PM   #19
Steppenwolf

@Jillian
First I was using the word "animal" for describing behavior that doesn't fit in this society , and I don't think any animal deserves what I saw in JCC's video . The word animal was perhaps not the perfect choice , but still I wasn't thinking in animals ... I was thinking in humans who aren't able to respect other's lifes .
But tell me what can I do (its just an example taken from my life) with an agressive dog when It bites me or any member of my family . I'm not going to beat it , Im just going to put the dog in a safe place for the safety of everyone (before someone start to shout and beat it ... which I hate)
Is that cruel? Yes , it is , but also I don't know dogs language and Im not a dog , so fight back is out of question.

I still think the teenagers deserve jail , and you cant say they are a bit more innocent for not being able to control themselves because of the alcohol they drank . Alcohol is a substance that doesnt change personality at all . It just let outside what's inside . They were killers before they drank . If it was any other drug , perhaps you could say that old "temporary insanity" , or whatever you call it ... But not with booze ... And by the way nobody forced them to drink ...
There is a lot of people out there who use the alcohol consume as a way of "getting brave" , and Im thinking in specific cases here ...
I have the parents of this murdered girl in mind also . My solution is not a perfect one , but see what happened ...
We are far , far away from a perfect , ideal world . This world sucks and needs a change , but we are still on the caves . Sadly this is not going to happen in the next 20 minutes , not the next year . Its happening slowly , much too slowly ... And we need to act in the meantime .
What do you suggest for them? Blame the parents and put them in jail instead? Give me a good solution for this ...
Old 11-13-2008, 09:32 PM   #20
Godslayer Jillian

Guess what? They're already being sent to jail!
For a period of time equal to that of their whole lives already.
You don't think that's really enough? You think they were born killers and still will be killers in a decade and a half?

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 11-13-2008, 09:49 PM   #21
Steppenwolf

Some of them will be much worst than killers . They'll be killers who believe they were the victims and are planning already revenge .
15 Years are nothing for what they did . Life doesnt end at 35 imho , and I dont believe that they should get privileges for being younger than other criminals .
I just dont want to hear that some stupid psychiatrist sent them free again after 3 years just because the mighty psychiatrist said they were "normal" again ... Please! ... We have seen it before!! ... Would you give Adolph Hitler a chance after all what he did?
Old 11-13-2008, 10:00 PM   #22
Saya

Quote:
Some of them will be much worst than killers . They'll be killers who believe they were the victims and are planning already revenge .
15 Years are nothing for what they did . Life doesnt end at 35 imho , and I dont believe that they should get privileges for being younger than other criminals .
I just dont want to hear that some stupid psychiatrist sent them free again after 3 years just because the mighty psychiatrist said they were "normal" again ... Please! ... We have seen it before!! ... Would you give Adolph Hitler a chance after all what he did?
Hitler and these guys are two completely different scenarios. And fifteen years is a very very long time when you're young, and it'll cripple them when they get out, they may have had some schooling in prison, but they will have no work experience, and a lot of jobs won't hire them because of their criminal record. Chances are they'll rot in poverty.

And if a psyhiatrist deems that someone is mentally stable and unlikely to reoffend, you have to go by that individual case, not on the "oh but its happened before" scenario.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:16 PM   #23
Steppenwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
Hitler and these guys are two completely different scenarios. And fifteen years is a very very long time when you're young, and it'll cripple them when they get out, they may have had some schooling in prison, but they will have no work experience, and a lot of jobs won't hire them because of their criminal record. Chances are they'll rot in poverty.

And if a psyhiatrist deems that someone is mentally stable and unlikely to reoffend, you have to go by that individual case, not on the "oh but its happened before" scenario.
No . Hitler was a *mass-everyday* murder and the guys were *only one time* murders .
You can't say Hitler was worst just because the number .
Murder is murder is murder ...
They'll root in poverty? Sure , but in the meantime they'll have free school , free food and free shelter , while others like you and me will have to fight for this ... Some of us also will die really poor .
How ironic that some of them are the same ones who gave money for them while they were in jail , including the parents of the murdered girl .
Nah , to take the risk of trusting a psychiatrist (a human who judge another at the end of the day) is much too risky .
I dont think psychiatry is a serious science , and I honestly dont think every ape who is a pychiatrist is able to really see what is inside someone's mind .
I said that I felt sorry for everyone involved in this horrible case , sure I do ... But see what Hitler did , he shot himself . That was the best thing he ever did for the germans and for the whole world .
Those cowards are unable to finish their lifes , and we all have to support them financially ... And then we'll probably see them outside in 3 years .
No . Just ... No .
I cant put human lifes at risk just to "see what happens" ...
Old 11-13-2008, 10:24 PM   #24
Saya

Quote:
No . Hitler was a *mass-everyday* murder and the guys were *only one time* murders .
You can't say Hitler was worst just because the number .
Murder is murder is murder ...
They'll root in poverty? Sure , but in the meantime they'll have free school , free food and free shelter , while others like you and me will have to fight for this ... Some of us also will die really poor .
How ironic that some of them are the same ones who gave money for them while they were in jail , including the parents of the murdered girl .
Nah , to take the risk of trusting a psychiatrist (a human who judge another at the end of the day) is much too risky .
I dont think psychiatry is a serious science , and I honestly dont think every ape who is a pychiatrist is able to really see what is inside someone's mind .
I said that I felt sorry for everyone involved in this horrible case , sure I do ... But see what Hitler did , he shot himself . That was the best thing he ever did for the germans and for the whole world .
Those cowards are unable to finish their lifes , and we all have to support them financially ... And then we'll probably see them outside in 3 years .
No . Just ... No .
I cant put human lifes at risk just to "see what happens" ...
Yeah, soberly and systematically working, ****** and torturing millions of people to death over years and drunkenly beating someone to death is completely on par. Hitler totally only deserved a quick suicide.

Tell you what, you go commit a crime and see how cozy and easy it is in prison. See how great your education will be in fifteen years time, and how easy it`ll be to get a job and face a family that won`t love you anymore.

And while you might not consider psychiatry a real science, real scientists do. I`ll trust the word of a psychiatrist over an angry mob anyday.

And no, chances are you will not hear from them in three years, the slight cut was only because of a legal technicality, and all other appeals have been rejected.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:26 PM   #25
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
to take the risk of trusting a psychiatrist (a human who judge another at the end of the day) is much too risky
You are judging these kids also. At least the psychologist is certified.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote: