Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 02-08-2007, 03:42 PM   #76
Tha Duckman

I'll stab what ever fuck called the cops.
Tha Duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 03:47 PM   #77
Shyantra

*whistles while trying to blend into the wall*
Old 02-08-2007, 04:27 PM   #78
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyantra
If I remember correctly from a thread, the admins banned the pms.
I've been wondering about that, could you get me a link to the thread so I can see why exactly.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 09:24 PM   #79
LaKeesha

Shoot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerius
Ah crap. You guys still getting worked up over that site?
I'M not, no. I could give a rat's ass about some spoof website that some redneck in some trashy trailer park (more than likely) set up to get all the supposed "goth" people all in a fluster. That was most likely the whole idea. Hell, my husband thinks that some snarky (and pretty smart he thinks) "goth" dude did it just to get a reaction.

It's these friends of mine that are all huffy over it. Now they're saying that the "disclaimer" thing on there was "just put there to cover their asses, whoever is putting on that disgusting web site".

*?!?*

I am like.... er... Ok. I said to 'em....."Think whatever yous want. I'm just sayin' that yous might wanna go back to yellin' at Rev. Phelps and Jerry Fawell or whoever yous were yellin' at before all this. At those those monsters actually exist."

They are really nice folks and all, but damn... they sure seem to get off on getting all huffy about stuff like that.., especially the men of the group. See, they're what you call "Christian Goths" or whatever (hey, fine with me) and they don't like crazy fundamentalists and crazy Southern Baptist-types raggin' on 'em. That makes 'em really mad. I know that Rev. Phelps REALLY gets 'em crazy. Can't really blame 'em! I don't care for that kind of crazy fundy talk either. But anyway, I digress. I knew right off the bat that it was nothing but a spoof and not serious. So did my husband.
LaKeesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 03:28 PM   #80
DevilsMustKnow

meh. Dumb satire site.

edit** do people know that site is just a joke site. It's not real.
DevilsMustKnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 04:42 PM   #81
Mirazatha

Some of the stuff on there is kinda creepy, but most of its actually really funny. Especially the drug reference with Rev. Green.
Mirazatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:06 PM   #82
Underwater Ophelia

This website has to be a joke...on the whole "what people on the street say" thing, one guy claims to have worn 100 condoms and still getting an STD from a goth chick. I like this website.

If it was already established as a joke, my apologies.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 05:48 AM   #83
manequin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmiakki
I've just clicked through that website, and I've seen similar crusades before. The authors of that site have merely taken the examples of a few criminals and applied them to the Gothic subculture, which is ridiculous. I really hope that uneducated people reading this don't take it seriously.

"Goths are the Devil's Children, they are a greater threat to today's society than all the Muslim extremists, paedophiles and suicide bombers in the World put together"

How did they work this one out?
I don't know I know a goth kid who scares me more than paedophiles and he is kinda one himself (He fancys Dakota Fanning)
manequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:03 AM   #84
Seektoamplify

I am so mad at this site, I've decided to perform a point-by-point rebuttal against the site, and any help would be appreciated like facts and sources. I hope to have it done soon; I have the section Goth - The Facts almost done and a little work on the "Goth terrorists" section. It won't be a "FUCK YOU LOSER" sort of thing; it's going to be a smart witty prod at them.
Seektoamplify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 05:57 AM   #85
DecadentHeroine

If that site is not satire, I will be so dissapointed in how bloody stupid human beings can be that I will go on a killing rampage
DecadentHeroine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:26 AM   #86
DevilsMustKnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seektoamplify
I am so mad at this site, I've decided to perform a point-by-point rebuttal against the site, and any help would be appreciated like facts and sources. I hope to have it done soon; I have the section Goth - The Facts almost done and a little work on the "Goth terrorists" section. It won't be a "FUCK YOU LOSER" sort of thing; it's going to be a smart witty prod at them.
It's a satire site. The person who created it knows everything is stupid, that's the point. Don't send him anything, that would just be useless and kind of embarassing.

I think someone should put on the title that it is a satire site.
DevilsMustKnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:17 AM   #87
Underwater Ophelia

I want to buy their shirts. "Goths Are Cunts"
Old 03-03-2007, 09:35 AM   #88
Seektoamplify

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsMustKnow
It's a satire site. The person who created it knows everything is stupid, that's the point. Don't send him anything, that would just be useless and kind of embarassing.

I think someone should put on the title that it is a satire site.
Oh dip! I just found the fine print:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The bottom of [url
http://godhatesgoths.com/_wsn/page9.html][/url] DISCLAIMER: The Godhatesgoths website, Parents Against Goth Movement and Gods Hammer Baptist Church are complete works of fiction. It is a satire/parody. When you use godhatesgoths.com you are agreeing and consenting to our terms and conditions of use which we, at our sole discretion, may change in any way at any time. Furthermore we do not guarantee that any of the materials or articles or content on this site will contain no errors, nor that they will be accurate in the slightest. Nor do we state that we agree in anyway with any of the content or views or beliefs within these articles, or with the fictional views of the fictional character Rev RG Green, or any of his fictional followers or fictional members of his fictional Church. This site is meant to be viewed as black humor, parody and satire on very real people and organisations out there, who DO think goth and metal is the devil's music. For more information on people who really are speaking out against rock and goth music please view our resources section. For our complete terms and conditions please email us, and we will be pleased to supply them in full. Thank you and i hope you enjoy our site.
Even though my bullshit detector was off the charts, I ignored it completely until I saw this, I have to watch my bullshit detector more.

I guess I won't be doing the rebuttal after all; but it was fun.
Seektoamplify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 06:21 PM   #89
Immordes

Funny story, in my Sociology class, we were just learning about the religious fanatics that go around looking for things to hate and creating a website about it. 80% of them are relatives of a man named Fred Phelps, minister of the Westboro Baptist Church that originally started as, "Godhatesfags.com" then when they got enough publicity, they started creating other "Godhates(blank)" websites. They've even managed to come up with reasons for creating, "Gothatescanada.com"
Immordes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 06:34 PM   #90
LaKeesha

well...Duh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immordes
Funny story, in my Sociology class, we were just learning about the religious fanatics that go around looking for things to hate and creating a website about it. 80% of them are relatives of a man named Fred Phelps, minister of the Westboro Baptist Church that originally started as, "Godhatesfags.com" then when they got enough publicity, they started creating other "Godhates(blank)" websites. They've even managed to come up with reasons for creating, "Gothatescanada.com"

Yes, that web site IS a spoof as I (and I think a few others) have mentioned before. However, since you bring up Fred Phelps and his hilly-billy family, this kook seems have the absurd belief that "GodHatesEverybody" but him and his inbreds. He is a bona fide wacko.
LaKeesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 04:43 AM   #91
Waki

Quote:
Over 30 years ago a woman named Dorothy Retallack conducted experiments using music, plants and their combined environment. These results are famous. Taking two identicle sets of plants in two separated but identicle rooms, she exposed them to music. The first set of plants were played quiet placid subdued devotional "religious" classical music, while the other set were subjected to loud aggressive rock music played at full deafening volume 24 hours a day. The plants exposed to rock grew away from the music source, withered and died, while the plants that were played religious music grew towards the music source and thrived.

The lesson? If rock music attacks and kills plants, what does it do to people? I think it's rather obvious - it does the exact same thing!

Am i the only person who thinks this is hilarious not to mention absurb and just lame.
*Bursting out in laughter.
Waki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 11:23 AM   #92
Seraphynth

I can't believe you guys couldn't tell it was a parody site right off the bat. xD
I saw that site a few months ago; my boyfriend and I find it hilarious (and I'm not one to be humerous). We're ordering shirts from there one day. xD
I'll be getting the Vampires Suck raglan tee. It's hilarious. http://www.cafepress.com/godhatesgoths.101591535
Seraphynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 12:28 PM   #93
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphynth
I can't believe you guys couldn't tell it was a parody site right off the bat. xD
I saw that site a few months ago; my boyfriend and I find it hilarious (and I'm not one to be humerous). We're ordering shirts from there one day. xD
I'll be getting the Vampires Suck raglan tee. It's hilarious. http://www.cafepress.com/godhatesgoths.101591535
I thought it was pretty funny, too.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:33 PM   #94
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seektoamplify
Oh dip! I just found the fine print:

Even though my bullshit detector was off the charts, I ignored it completely until I saw this, I have to watch my bullshit detector more.

I guess I won't be doing the rebuttal after all; but it was fun.
Smooth move hunny. But still, it was a good thing you were going to do. At least I think it was.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:39 PM   #95
mindbender

These people believe in a god that most likely does not exist and use that belief to spread hatred of others they cannot understand based on the narrow-mindedness of their faith. Wonderful.
mindbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:12 PM   #96
Seraphynth

What dissapointed me is that one of my friends stumbled across it and thought it was real and sent him an e-mail correcting differnt thing. He replied, and she thought she was making him look like and idito when really...the joke was all on her. *sighs*
It was horrifying to see her post it up as a journal on dA and then see all the replies. Only one other person bothered to tell her it wasn't real. Everyone else was getting all huffy.

I still can't believe how many people think it's real. @_@
Seraphynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:10 PM   #97
werewolffan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeartedDemoness
Oh, come on.

Like that's in any way original.

It started with Fred Phelps and godhatesfags.com, godhatesamerica.com, and godhatessweden.com. Then everyone thought the concept was funny, so they did rip offs. There's even a godhatesfredphelps.com.

Looks like we should ask Fred Phelps whether eating shrimp is a sin and i notice too that the bible says to cut off the hand if it causes one to sin as well as supporting slavery in Lev. 24-25{an evil that no one supports today},as well as saying that those who work on the sabbath should be killed EX 35:2,and i notice also it says that burning a bull on a altar is pleasing to the lord and that you won't enter heaven if you have a defect in your sight(i swear i have to wear glasses,is there some wiggle room?).
werewolffan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 06:10 AM   #98
Acushla

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaKeesha
I am not going to be snarky to those nice folks on that Christian Goth list I am on,
but JUST DAMN. The fact that the whole thing is a spoof was obvious to me.
Sorry.
The whole thing stinks of parody, although the sad part is the fact that if there weren't actually people who made "serious" websites like this nobody would ever even question if it was fake. I know it sounds like a stupid, obvious statement, but I guess what I'm trying to say is that it wouldn't be so much of a stretch for somebody to think this was earnest.
Acushla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:38 PM   #99
Sable_Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbecomesme
What was on this page of the site: http://godhatesgoths.com/_wsn/page15.html just made me fall over laughing.
Haha, that's hilarious. It seems like it was either written by "Rev" RG Green, or some goth with a very good sense of humor. I know some of you are offended by what these guys are saying, but the whole thing is so out there, it's comical. I'm almost considering writing my own outlandish "horror" story just to see if he actually prints it -I'm sure he get's objections from the gothic people all the time.

This whole gothhatesgoths site is a joke, those who take it seriously are incredibly naive.
Sable_Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 06:20 PM   #100
roberteggleton

Sure is a lot of hate on the internet. I think that people who are afraid to express themselves in person, or even to use their real names, such as required for traditional submissions, feel that they can be anonymous in cyberspace. At first, I was hoping the first post on this topic was satire, but even if so intended, it's really not funny at all. Some people take such crap seriously.
roberteggleton is offline   Reply With Quote