Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 09-26-2009, 11:20 AM   #1
Anarasha

Living puppy used as shark bait:

WARNING!!!!: If you are feint of heart or easily cry, you may not wanna watch this.
With that said:

This is cruelty beyond anything I have ever seen... It is FUCKING horrible! Who does crap like that?
Help me spread awareness.

http://www.viddler.com/explore/SavePups/videos/1/
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 11:27 AM   #2
SweetJane

I'm NOT faint of heart and I DON'T cry easily... but I fucking love puppies. I can't tell you what kind of face I made when I heard the title. I don't want to watch the video.
SweetJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 11:31 AM   #3
Starke von Oben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarasha View Post
WARNING!!!!: If you are feint of heart or easily cry, you may not wanna watch this.
With that said:

This is cruelty beyond anything I have ever seen... It is FUCKING horrible! Who does crap like that?
Help me spread awareness.

http://www.viddler.com/explore/SavePups/videos/1/
We are all aware how horrible the world is. One insignificant dead puppy does not compare to the untold misery and suffering that happens every second in the daily happenings of humanity

Frankly I don't give a damn for the welfare of animals, since I wear leather shoes and eat meat. I want my products tested on animals before use to ensure they are safe, and I don't give a rat's piss what jumped up idealists have to say about it. The arguments usually follow the same line of thought, that animals are different from us and thus all experiments are futile. I however propose that animals are very alike us, but lack the intelligence or self awareness that warrants them equals status with human beings. Simply attributing human qualities to creatures that act purely on instinct is no better than fools who believe they are in tune with nature, only to be eaten alive by Bears in their tent.
Starke von Oben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 11:39 AM   #4
SweetJane

Aw, come on, using puppies as shark bait is pointless cruelty. I understand that there are much worse things in the world, and I really can't see how this act of cruelty can be made any better by spreading videos around the internet(hence I didn't even bother watching it), but this is not the same thing as using animals to cure cancer or make really high quality goods that last for ever.

This is a case of a cunt being a cunt. Let's just admit that it's not normal and not un-cuntish.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:48 AM   #5
Starke von Oben

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetJane View Post
Aw, come on, using puppies as shark bait is pointless cruelty. I understand that there are much worse things in the world, and I really can't see how this act of cruelty can be made any better by spreading videos around the internet(hence I didn't even bother watching it), but this is not the same thing as using animals to cure cancer or make really high quality goods that last for ever.

This is a case of a cunt being a cunt. Let's just admit that it's not normal and not un-cuntish.
It's all dependant on the sentimental value you place on canines, isn't it? Koreans eat them, and I for one can't see why the Japanese should stop whaling simply because the west attaches some sentimental value towards whales purely on the basis that they're mammals.

The world is morally bankrupt, get used to it. It started in the 1960s by our trendy university lecturers, and they didn't feel the need to fill the moral vacum with anything in it's place. Uber Tolerance for it's own sake is not a substitute for a world of 2 girls 1 cup, indifference to the holocaust and puppy eating sharks.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:52 AM   #6
Cicero

Not everything you see on the internet is true. This among them.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 11:58 AM   #7
SweetJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Not everything you see on the internet is true. This among them.
well that made my day a little better. What's your source?

By the way I'm anything but uber tolerant.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:04 PM   #8
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starke von Oben View Post
The world is morally bankrupt, get used to it.
That's idiotic.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 12:08 PM   #9
Starke von Oben

Quote:
The anti-whaling movemnet is based off of the integrity of an entire eco-system, not arbitrary assignment of emotion to a mammal. Yeah, I have an emotional attatchment to dogs, but guess what? I'd probably eat dog if it were offered to me by a Korean person. But these people are dicks. I'm not asking you to change anything, and I don't see why you're arguing with me that the people who did this are dicks.

And I am used to the world being morally bankrupt. Beleive me, I'm fucking used to it.
If you honestly believe that the eco-system will be destroyed via the extinction of whales you need your head examined.

Stop before you present to me some marxist-inspired science sites that back up this myth of the coming end of the world, for I have no use of them. All this crap about global warming and the eco system is horse shit. It's just an excuse for middle class people to feel that they're doing something worthwhile inbetween flying around the world in aeroplanes, while introducing a future tax on oxygen. Very soon we shall be taxed on the rubbish we produce, and it's all disturbingly like something from 1984 or THX. The global warming issue is just an excuse for current governments to take an even further hold on the lives of the people, to facilitate their need for a Hegalean paradise where the individual counts for nothing.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:10 PM   #10
JCC

Shit, I said once that you were great. Time for some shameless backpedaling on my part.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 12:18 PM   #11
SweetJane

*sigh* I said the movement was based off of tha concern. If I explained to you the logic behind Nazi Germany, would it make me a Nazi?

Have I ever anywhere else posted anything about green politics?

I like puppies. So Fucking What.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:27 PM   #12
SweetJane

Anyway, I deleted that post right after I posted it because I decided that this isn't worth debating over. THere's not some policy that could make this better. THere's only a fucking green website that I'm supposed to feel guilted into giving money to.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:35 PM   #13
Pineapple_Juice

Quote:
We are all aware how horrible the world is. One insignificant dead puppy does not compare to the untold misery and suffering that happens every second in the daily happenings of humanity

Frankly I don't give a damn for the welfare of animals, since I wear leather shoes and eat meat. I want my products tested on animals before use to ensure they are safe, and I don't give a rat's piss what jumped up idealists have to say about it. The arguments usually follow the same line of thought, that animals are different from us and thus all experiments are futile. I however propose that animals are very alike us, but lack the intelligence or self awareness that warrants them equals status with human beings. Simply attributing human qualities to creatures that act purely on instinct is no better than fools who believe they are in tune with nature, only to be eaten alive by Bears in their tent.
That's not the argument at all. The argument is that animals are living things and living things shouldn't be subject to cruelties such as being fed to sharks. YOUR arguments are all the same: Meat tastes good, therefor it's justified to slaughter things in order for me to have it. Dogs and cats can't defend themselves or speak in a way a human would understand, therefor we must be superior and THEREFOR we must figuratively and proverbially stomp on every living thing on this planet in order to ensure that we are number one.

Children lack intelligence and self awareness-doesn't mean people are okay with skinning them and making them into shoes or eating their flesh or pouring weird substances into their eyeballs to see what happens. Children and babies act on instinct. So what's the difference?

Nothing, except that a baby human is a baby human and a baby dog is a baby dog. You have been raised to believe that animals are nothing, deserving no respect or civil treatment. You are an uneducated speciesist twat, and you couldn't reason your way out of a paper bag.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:57 PM   #14
Cicero

Quote:
well that made my day a little better. What's your source?

By the way I'm anything but uber tolerant.
Aside from the fact that the video reeked of sensationalist bullshit, I read it on Snopes a while back. It's not exactly untrue, I think there was on isolated case of it happening and the guy was punished. All other use of dogs as shark bait involve strays that are already dead on some remote island somewhere.

Old 09-26-2009, 02:01 PM   #15
Anarasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Aside from the fact that the video reeked of sensationalist bullshit, I read it on Snopes a while back. It's not exactly untrue, I think there was on isolated case of it happening and the guy was punished. All other use of dogs as shark bait involve strays that are already dead on some remote island somewhere.
That kinda made me feel a bit better.
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 02:02 PM   #16
Cicero

Quote:
If you honestly believe that the eco-system will be destroyed via the extinction of whales you need your head examined.
I really REALLY hope you're not serious. Does you brain hurt, by any chance? It might have to come out.

Old 09-27-2009, 08:38 AM   #17
Still Jack

Wait Wow, hang on. Even if this crap were true, you're spouting humongous amounts of shit. You go all ballistic about someone using a dog as bait for a shark. But you've never said a word about maggots being used as bait all over the world.

Now, explain where the difference is...
Old 09-27-2009, 03:07 PM   #18
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
Wait Wow, hang on. Even if this crap were true, you're spouting humongous amounts of shit. You go all ballistic about someone using a dog as bait for a shark. But you've never said a word about maggots being used as bait all over the world.

I foresee the argument that maggots aren't intelligent/cute/sentient, so I'm also going to add, "What about the shark?"
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:56 PM   #19
Still Jack

I don't think anyone's gonna argue. =(
Old 09-27-2009, 11:03 PM   #20
gothicusmaximus

Actually, I once heard the suggestion that this whole "PUPPIES USED AS SHARK BAIT" idea was originally promulgated by activists seeking an end to shark fishing, who were afraid their cause wouldn't win enough support because sharks aren't cute.
Probably not true, but funny.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:26 PM   #21
AsylumVoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post

There is something like this in a book called "I Am A Strange Loop", the author has a couple of chapters on this, how we would swat a mosquito without giving a second thought but eating a dog would be abhorrent to us. Inevitably, people ask but what is the difference? I think this is it.

Maggots have little or no awareness of their existence, I don't think that they have emotions or desires. They're little squirmy things that run purely on instinct. When you go up levels in the conciousness of animals and you've got dogs and cats, when you own them especially, you notice little quirks and differences in what is a very basic personality. You notice when they're upset or happy, they are incredibly aware of pain and react to it. They probably aren't aware that when they look in a mirror it's them or anything like that, they have no concept of selves however they do seem to have emotions and all that. It's not just because they're cute and fluffy, I'd be pretty upset if they were using crocodiles or cows as live bait as well.
I've had little experience of maggots though but unlike my cat I doubt one would jump on my lap and rub it's face on mine. lol!
AsylumVoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:28 PM   #22
AsylumVoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus View Post
Actually, I once heard the suggestion that this whole "PUPPIES USED AS SHARK BAIT" idea was originally promulgated by activists seeking an end to shark fishing, who were afraid their cause wouldn't win enough support because sharks aren't cute.
Probably not true, but funny.
To be honest with you, I would not be suprised. Activists have a tendency to be bat shit insane...so making up stuff like that is something they would totally do.
AsylumVoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:29 AM   #23
PortraitOfSanity

This video is so fake it made me laugh.

The most obvious question here is: if they're being used as shark bait, logic dictates that they're underwater, bleeding severely, and waiting for a 2 ton fish to come out of the depths and eat them. Do you really think they could still be alive? They're either going to drown, bleed to death from all the hook and wire that are supposedly through them, or they're going to be eaten. How often do you find a live worm on the beach with a hook through it?

Besides, when you're fishing for sharks you want something that's bleeding a crap ton. Cut meat = best.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote