Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 10-08-2011, 08:41 PM   #6526
Ben Lahnger

Well, I haven't updated in a while, so ... good news/bad news.

Bad news: My company decided last week to shut my store location down. After a year of not getting any traction in building customer traffic despite prodigious efforts on the part of a lot of people, they decided the actual location of the store was bad. And shut it down.

Good news: I got a few days notice that it was going to happen soon, but got offered another store ... then when I went home from work on Saturday I got a call telling me to report to manage the other store on Monday. So I never went back ... and it felt weird, but at least I still had a job.

Bad news: It's 45 miles away, so it's an even longer drive to and from work. But at least my car (now that it's been repaired three times and seems to be running stable again) gets pretty good gas mileage.

Good news: The management position at the new store pays the same amount as I was originally hired at. You might remember me saying I had to take a $6000-a-year pay cut. I just got the $6000 back! Now if I can stretch my budget to November 1st, I just might make it.

Bad news: I came back from lunch today and saw a mess of cars parked in front of my store, meaning it was much busier than I would have expected it to be. In my mad dash to get in there and help the column of waiting customers, I tripped stepping up over the curb in front of the store, smashed my right knee squarely into the concrete and tumbled to the ground, spilling my large sprite all over myself.

My knee is okay (a little sore and stiff, but okay) and I'll survive the embarrassment of having everyone see me fall and needing two customers to help me up. But I really wanted that sprite.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:29 AM   #6527
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
Then again, after watching that 'monkey slap' video I think he may have a death wish.
Why do you say that?
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:14 PM   #6528
Saya

I love my family, but I'd rather love them from afar. There's nothing like spending the holidays being treated like a doormat to want to move far away.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:38 AM   #6529
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
Why do you say that?
Well, most soldiers are armed at some point, right? I'm not brave enough to jump up behind those guys and slap them in the back of the head. They might seek revenge.

Ben, that is great news! November is only a few weeks away, tie a knot and hang on.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:55 AM   #6530
Spadille

...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 why can't i post anymore blog thingies?
Spadille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:04 AM   #6531
Versus

Quote:
Well, most soldiers are armed at some point, right? I'm not brave enough to jump up behind those guys and slap them in the back of the head. They might seek revenge.
My platoon is actually mostly a bunch of pussies. A lot of guys lack the intestinal and testicular fortitude to either fight back or make up a prank of their own. XD

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:03 PM   #6532
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
My platoon is actually mostly a bunch of pussies. A lot of guys lack the intestinal and testicular fortitude to either fight back or make up a prank of their own. XD
Or you're a lovable scamp that makes their time there more bearable.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:36 PM   #6533
CarrionCorpse

Putting together my Beetlejuice costume is making me want to blow up.
Is it seriously that hard to find plain white skinny jeans to spray stripes on and a fucking white blazer to do the same to?
APPARENTFUCKINGLY.
CarrionCorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:41 PM   #6534
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrionCorpse View Post
Putting together my Beetlejuice costume is making me want to blow up.
Is it seriously that hard to find plain white skinny jeans to spray stripes on and a fucking white blazer to do the same to?
APPARENTFUCKINGLY.
When I worked at Sears a year ago we legit had a Beetlejuice blazer for women.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:40 PM   #6535
CarrionCorpse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
When I worked at Sears a year ago we legit had a Beetlejuice blazer for women.
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?!?
If only it was there now... If only....
All the blazers I've seen have the striping all wrong for it.
I just need a white one that fits proper, and I can do it myself. haha
Old 10-12-2011, 06:55 AM   #6536
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
My family got a call this morning that our house that is for sale on our realtor's website, was apparently reposted on craigslist as a rental by some Africans who are claiming we're missionaries. All in an obvious attempt to scam some people out of money, at the cost of our convenience and privacy.

Fortunately a Craiglist browser was kind enough to call us and alert us to this posting. Hopefully craigslist takes it down quickly before some desperate foolish heroin addict thinking he found a bargain comes up to our doorstep and tries barging in.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:25 PM   #6537
wolf moon

Backstory: Over the last year, a girl I had been close friends with for almost 20 years has slowly lost her shit. She broke up with her boyfriend, started up with his best friend behind his back, quit school, quit her job, and moved back in with her mom. Unfortunately, she and now-ex-boyfriend were my roommates at the time. She left on vacation in June and never came back; I found out from her sister that she would no longer be paying rent (now-ex-boyfriend had already moved out, due to sleeping-with-his-best-friend-issue). I had to have her forcibly removed from the lease and all of the locks changed, after she started telling random criminals she met on the internet that they could move into her old room and sending me upwards of 25 texts a day calling me a bitch for saying that, no, they couldn't.

Today: Husband and I realize that we are now paying rent on a two bedroom apartment all on our own, but still living in the smaller bedroom. Move new giant bed into master bedroom. Discover GIANT water stain on ceiling that has probably been there about a year. Bitch never said a word about it. Contractors on my roof all day, every day, for the foreseeable future. Cannot get new roommate until they are done. Bitch bitch bitch bitch. I want to punch her in the face.
wolf moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:22 AM   #6538
Grausamkeit

Moonie, I think it's time for a little High Tea........AND MURDER!

Old 10-13-2011, 03:13 PM   #6539
honeythorn

Oh Mr Meth... I do wonder what has happened to you... *le sigh*
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:03 AM   #6540
Spadille

...still cant post FRIGGIN BLOG THINGIESSS!!! siigh, I'm sorry abt that moon n renatus... some ppl are opportunists... crappy sucky ones that need to b shot.. ehem...
Spadille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:47 PM   #6541
wolf moon

Quote:
Moonie, I think it's time for a little High Tea........AND MURDER!
WITH EXTRA MURDER!

At least the contractors stomping around my bedroom in their big old boots are super nice.
wolf moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:36 PM   #6542
Catch

I feel tired. There is no reason to either. Perfectly well fed and getting ready to rest for the weekend just feeling oddly fatigued. I wonder why.
Old 10-15-2011, 02:01 PM   #6543
CarrionCorpse

Haven't had a day off since I started my new job.
I hate talking to people and I hate kids, so the closer it gets to Halloween and the more people that wander into the store, the more I want to blow myself up.
-__-
Old 10-15-2011, 02:06 PM   #6544
Spooky Spencer

Quote:
I hate talking to people and I hate kids, so the closer it gets to Halloween and the more people that wander into the store, the more I want to blow myself up.
-__-
Pictures or it didn't happen.

Zombie Protest:
"What do we want?" "Braaaaaaaaaaains...!"
"When do we want it?" "Braaaaaaaaaaains...!"
Spooky Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:07 PM   #6545
Versus

Dear Afghanistan National Army,

AMERICA doesn't let you use our fuel so that you can sell it to make a buck.

Love, Me.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:42 PM   #6546
carakitty

Quote:
-__-
Which is precisely why I could never imagine working in a store like that, in a way. I don't hate kids nor do I hate talking to people. But I imagine the amount of tantrums thrown in store like that raises exponentially in a horrifying rate the closer it gets to Halloween.

The thing I hate is kids throwing tantrums and the way that some people treat their kids (or which ever children are in their 'care') literally makes me have the urge to vomit.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:47 AM   #6547
Alan

One in four people in the United States are of hispanic descent already. Why can't TV shows just ask a hispanic friend if the spanish dialogue in their episode makes goddamn sense?
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:14 AM   #6548
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
One in four people in the United States are of hispanic descent already. Why can't TV shows just ask a hispanic friend if the spanish dialogue in their episode makes goddamn sense?
And risk being respectful? You know that's not how America works, Jill.

Old 10-18-2011, 11:18 PM   #6549
CarrionCorpse

Had a completely shit day at work today. Actually, it was a complete shit day before work even started.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:18 AM   #6550
Mr.Doobie

On my campus there's a group of Occupier's who are having a big Occupy event on Friday, all day. All the signs say "forget your classes, they won't get you a job!" And the other day I had one of them stop me on the street and try to convince me to skip all my classes and attend, that I must "drop everything", protest my classes, protest my job, or else I'm a "bad" member of the working class.

Motherfucker, fuck you. You're not even working class, you're a 20-something white college student from suburbia whose mummy and daddy are probably paying most of your way. As for me, I have to pay for all my schooling myself, which consists of me going to work and getting good grades so I can keep my scholarship.

I certainly wish I could afford to just drop everything for a day so I can go play make believe that I'm some great Mother Jones type Union protestor from the early 1900's, but I can't. Fuck you.