Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 06-07-2011, 02:45 PM   #1
Sinjob

Cool Weiners.

I like them. ;-)

Especially when they're corrupt, tech-savy politicians.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43299964...man/?GT1=43001
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:53 PM   #2
Grausamkeit

It's Weiner-gate 2011!
Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:52 PM   #3
Saya

I don't get whats the big deal. I understand if his wife is upset, but its nobody's business what consenting adults do, especially since it was nothing physical. I think it was lame to lie so long and make up something about being hacked, but otherwise I couldn't give two shits. And its disappointing because he is so outspoken about LGBTQ and reproductive rights, good luck getting taken seriously now.

Just putting this out there before my cyber sex trysts with gnetters gets leaked to the public.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:02 PM   #4
Alan

Anthony Weiner for President 2016!
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:13 PM   #5
Ben Lahnger

"I never sausage lying!" - John Edwards

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:13 PM   #6
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
I don't get whats the big deal. I understand if his wife is upset, but its nobody's business what consenting adults do, especially since it was nothing physical. I think it was lame to lie so long and make up something about being hacked, but otherwise I couldn't give two shits. And its disappointing because he is so outspoken about LGBTQ and reproductive rights, good luck getting taken seriously now.

Just putting this out there before my cyber sex trysts with gnetters gets leaked to the public.
Well the issue is if he did anything illegal to cover it up beforehand, such as use campaign funds, that is why Pelosi called for the investigation.

BTW there is nothing wrong with cyber sex

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:19 PM   #7
Alan

No. They called for an investigation because they're pussies.
real classy
Old 06-07-2011, 05:50 PM   #8
Saya

Besides, considering what has been let slide in politics before, I think Weiner should be okay.

http://www.cracked.com/article_18555...d-anyways.html
Old 06-08-2011, 02:11 AM   #9
CptSternn

I am still wondering about the whole 'affair' claims. He says he never even met the people in real life, and that means he never physically touched them in any way, not even a kiss sure.

Is that an 'affair'? Does chatting up someone in cyberspace who you really have never met actually equal the same thing as banging someone in a hotel?

I'm not saying it isn't inappropriate, but calling it an 'affair' seems to be a stretch at best.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:22 PM   #10
Sinjob

He is simply guilty in conspiracy to commit an affair.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:59 PM   #11
Saya

Really? Did he say he planned to ever meet these women?
Old 06-08-2011, 03:11 PM   #12
Ben Lahnger

The problem starts with doing the thing (flirting, sexting, whatever) but where they screw up is in first trying to protect themselves from their wives wrath by lying.

And in the end, the wife is still mad at 'em, but the voters, who generally don't give a rip what the politicians do for a sex life, do NOT like being lied to.

So if his political career is affected, it'll be because of the attempt to cover up his actions, not what he actually did.

And frankly, I'm okay with that. If the voters think honesty is an important characteristic that they want in their representatives, they can speak up at the voting booth.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 06-08-2011, 03:26 PM   #13
Saya

Isn't it weird for NYC to vote Republican, though? I can't imagine him going unless he's forced to resign or fired.

Apparently his wife is pregnant. THE DRAMA CONTINUES.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:38 PM   #14
Sinjob

Cool

Quote:
Really? Did he say he planned to ever meet these women?
Either that or he'd just be a tease.

Then she could just get him back with the whole 'HEY LOOK I GOT A RESPECTED OFFICALS' DICK ON MY PHONE!' bit.

Take note of this ladies, if you're ever stood up post-sexting...
Old 06-09-2011, 06:22 PM   #15
Ben Lahnger

Yep, things have gone from bad to wurst for Weiner. His wife has a bun in the oven. I wouldn't relish being in his shoes.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 06-09-2011, 06:25 PM   #16
Saya

The Daily Show last night left me feeling icky. They read off some of his facebook sexting where they were talking about fucking while watching The Daily Show.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:49 PM   #17
Alan

I hope he doesn't resign. I was serious with the "Weiner for President 2016"
You look at his record and his ideas and you'll see why I like him so much. Before the scandal I had talked about him before on facebook and I pledged I'd give up communism for his time in office if he ever became president.
He could single-handedly depussify the Democratic party.

I honestly do believe that the reason this became so big was precisely because conservatives also saw the potential he had. He was a thread.
He's getting more media attention than Blagojevich had. This about that for a minute. In the mind of a conservative, Blagojavich was the perfect symbol of a corrupt democrat using his status for personal gain - right there you get a great argument (rhetorically speaking, of course) against the "pro-centralism" of the Democrats and all that jazz.
But Blagojevich was just some random inconsequential Democrat. He presented no threat. He was just an example to point out and say "see? we win this round"

Weiner, on the other hand, was a threat that HAD to be taken care of. So they overblow a story in which he seems so depraved even though he's only sexted. Pretend to be morally outraged at the situation even though, as Saya pointed out, we have forgiven other politicians for much worse.

And of course, the Democratic Party wasn't going to do anything for him. Even their attempts to help him first start with the "compromise" that what he did is unforgivable. Remember, they're fucking pussies. Their idea of compromise is "giving the other side everything they want."

What really bothers me is that Weiner was the one that shot himself in the foot. Like Ben said, the issue was that he lied so pathetically.
I understand why he did it. He knew Republicans would take advantage of any opportunity to take Weiner out of office. It's not like a guy who managed to leave the House's chair at a loss of words for endless seconds and prove Republican hypocrisy would get away with it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IJDQCYMM-A

Weiner knew the Republicans would immediately seize the story. But the problem is that HE HIMSELF allowed them to, when he denied the allegations in such a manner that everyone knew he was lying. He wouldn't blatantly say it was not his picture, which of course meant that it is.

What he should have done is openly say so from the beginning. As I said before my admiration of him is that it seemed he could single-handedly depussify the Democratic party. He should have seen that and run with it.
He should have told the media the only person he will apologize to is his wife, not them.
He should have joked about his size just like Stewart was nudging him to. Ask conservative if they're just jealous.
He should have CHALLENGED critics to tell them how sexting influences his political career in any manner.
Fuck, he should have compared himself to John F.ucking Kennedy and said that the most kickass presidents all had affairs.

But he was too scared of doing this. He backpedaled. The sin of the left is that it never dares go far enough.
real classy
Old 06-09-2011, 10:35 PM   #18
Azrael The Angel Of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinjob View Post
He is simply guilty in conspiracy to commit an affair.
My first post, and i have to admit that i like your signature
Azrael The Angel Of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:43 PM   #19
Alan

Don't contaminate this thread by pointing out the obvious fact that you'd like anything that makes you look darker and more brooding.
real classy
Old 06-10-2011, 12:39 AM   #20
CptSternn

Did anyone see the bit on The Daily Show yesterday when they showed a clip of the news trying to get a comment from him at his home?

Thats how you know he will be alright. He is a Jewish politician that lives in a very Jewish area. When the media came to his door there were old Jewish ladies coming out of their homes yelling at them telling them to go away and one was even talking to him - 'Anthony, ignore these people, dont pay attention to them, go back in your house'.

As long as that is his core base, and it is where he lives, he will do just fine during the elections.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:38 AM   #21
Saya

Saw that, it was awesome. Best if people look it up and hear the way she said it XD

I'm tired but not able to sleep, so I'm paranoid that what I type sounds Catch-ish, but I'm skeptical if Weiner could make the Dems more leftist. There are issues with multi party systems, true, but I feel with the way American system is that Dems are centrists with some leftists or left centrists, whereas Republicans are balls to the wall right wing, I was looking up stuff about Romney earlier and I saw a news article saying he was getting flack for believing in global warming. Its like if you have an ounce of sanity, you'd be a Democrat, and thats the criteria. if you're Republican you're not allowed to believe science or common sense or anything that goes against right wing Bible thumping nut jobs or corporations. The Democrat's sin is not going far enough, that's true, but because they allow a diversity of opinion and political belief, its going to be very hard for someone to whip them all to the left.

Anyway, back to the sexting, I feel really gross about it now. I read an article that had excerpts from the facebook thing that got leaked, and I'm just disgusted that everyone's jumping on it. Its nobody's business what was said. I'm hearing conflicting reports on whether the boxers picture went to a girl he knew or not, and if she really didn't solicit him for that picture, that is disgusting and sexual harassment and a huge issue. But everything else its just like going through someone's dirty laundry. Gah.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:49 AM   #22
Ben Lahnger

People who want to work in politics should get over the notion that their laundry is ever going to be private. It's not a matter of right or wrong ... it's just what is.

Don't do something scandalous and there won't be anything scandalous for the press to expose.

Because choosing a life of public service is just that ... public.

And there is no amount of complaining "this shouldn't be anybody's business" that is going to change that.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 06-10-2011, 03:32 PM   #23
Grausamkeit

Catch is like the second coming of Bexxle. I think I like her.

I don't see what's so wrong with texting naked pix to people vs. having an affair. Geez.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:14 PM   #24
JCC

Quote:
Anyway, back to the sexting, I feel really gross about it now. I read an article that had excerpts from the facebook thing that got leaked, and I'm just disgusted that everyone's jumping on it. Its nobody's business what was said. I'm hearing conflicting reports on whether the boxers picture went to a girl he knew or not, and if she really didn't solicit him for that picture, that is disgusting and sexual harassment and a huge issue. But everything else its just like going through someone's dirty laundry. Gah.
Political representatives are meant to morally embody the values of the nation that they represent. How can the electorate get behind someone who treats his pregnant wife with such disregard? It was bound to damage his political standing. Maybe you aren't concerned about it but for the majority of the American electorate, who are married and have kids, the idea of being represented by a man who lied to his wife and had these kind of conversations with six different women behind her back was just bound to be met disapprovingly.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:20 PM   #25
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
Political representatives are meant to morally embody the values of the nation that they represent. How can the electorate get behind someone who treats his pregnant wife with such disregard? It was bound to damage his political standing. Maybe you aren't concerned about it but for the majority of the American electorate, who are married and have kids, the idea of being represented by a man who lied to his wife and had these kind of conversations with six different women behind her back was just bound to be met disapprovingly.
Sure, people should be represented by someone who lives up to ridiculous standards by never making any mistakes, rights? I don't get that. Then again, I'm not a religious conservative.