Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 05-23-2009, 06:39 PM   #651
Underwater Ophelia

Hairy chests are sexy.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 07:20 PM   #652
korinna5555

Maggot is a wolfman!
korinna5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 08:40 PM   #653
Xombie

So far, all of the jobs I've had have been fairly entertaining.

Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 08:43 PM   #654
maggot

Haha, thanks guys. : D

Xombie, I'm jealous of your jobs!
Old 05-23-2009, 09:11 PM   #655
Pyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap Your Love View Post
For music I'm more so heavy into the hardcore punk scene than any
and I have no certain dress now. Shorts and band tee. I'll never be into goth fashion. Or fashion period. I'm heavy into body modification now being a tattoo artist. Yes, I was into the metalcore "scene" at the time. She, however, likes art rock, anti-folk and other indie-ish music mostly and the dress is similar to that of metalcore "scene" girls. So easy mistake to make.

As for goth, I just showed her what it is so to kill her thoughts of goth being
mansonite mall goth fags and she liked it. A lot. Mostly darkwave, new wave
and synth pop being the major goth-ish genres she loves.

Marrying in college would actually dramatically help financially for the fact that it makes both people in the marriage be deemed independent rather
than dependent in the eyes of the Pell grant and since a part time job's income is basically nothing it makes one's EFC 0 which gives you roughly 2,500 dollars each semester. A friend of mine just did this when he got married. So, I actually get paid to get married. As for the relationship, we've been through fucking hell to be with each other for almost 3 years because of her crazy fucking pentecostal family and nothing could pull us apart but I don't need to convince anyone of that.

By the way, was you at graduation last night?
I assume most 7 Venue regulars to be into metalcore and "scene."

It's not difficult to claim independence, but you lose all benefits from your parents, such as insurance (which is the only reason I am still dependent). I personally would lose money for being independent. But, I also do not believe anyone should get married after only a few years. That's a personal preference, especially when it involves young people, because they change so goddamn much in their life.

Yes, I was at graduation last night. I saw you, but I avoided contact with everyone. I really dislike everything about this area.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 09:19 PM   #656
Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cado Angelus
B/c i haven't been here for ages, i decided this will be the 1st thread i hit up x3.
Hahahahahahaha! Skux Maori to the max.

Nice picture, bro.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 09:42 PM   #657
Pyre

Took these yesterday. They're alright, I suppose.

I have this problem where I am almost entirely incapable of making a straight or "normal" smiling face in photos. So, I typically do some sort of expression. I look awkward in the first photo because I attempted neutrality.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Old 05-23-2009, 10:35 PM   #658
Slap Your Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyre View Post
I assume most 7 Venue regulars to be into metalcore and "scene."

It's not difficult to claim independence, but you lose all benefits from your parents, such as insurance (which is the only reason I am still dependent). I personally would lose money for being independent. But, I also do not believe anyone should get married after only a few years. That's a personal preference, especially when it involves young people, because they change so goddamn much in their life.

Yes, I was at graduation last night. I saw you, but I avoided contact with everyone. I really dislike everything about this area.
I hate the 7 venue. I'm a masquerade regular.

No. You can only claim independence if you're over 24, married, are in active duty, a veteran or have kids.
http://www.finaid.org/calculators/dependency.phtml
I have no money to loose and nothing to loose being legally bonded.

This is true about changing but that's life. It'll be alright.

I stayed in one spot talking to those I came with until I could leave. Jennifer was looking for you is why I asked. I hate Georgia in general.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:10 PM   #659
maggot

Why all the fighting? Hell, I wish there was another Boston resident here.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:19 AM   #660
viscus

Quote:
I have this problem where I am almost entirely incapable of making a straight or "normal" smiling face in photos. So, I typically do some sort of expression. I look awkward in the first photo because I attempted neutrality.
You are a very pretty woman, despite your odd expressions. ^_~

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 02:50 AM   #661
Pyre

Quote:
I hate the 7 venue. I'm a masquerade regular.

No. You can only claim independence if you're over 24, married, are in active duty, a veteran or have kids.
I have no money to loose and nothing to loose being legally bonded.

This is true about changing but that's life. It'll be alright.

I stayed in one spot talking to those I came with until I could leave. Jennifer was looking for you is why I asked. I hate Georgia in general.
You guys used to go to 7 ALL the time. Nice venue, shitty music.

I don't know why claiming independence has to be that difficult. It doesn't make sense, really. My parents actually had to do a lot of stuff to keep me dependent, because their insurance companies didn't want to cover me anymore. But, I guess it depends on who is looking at it.

Ah. Didn't see Jennifer, didn't know she'd be there. I only stayed briefly after it was over. Hadn't eaten all day, and Megan had to piss like 20 race horses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggot
Why all the fighting? Hell, I wish there was another Boston resident here.
We weren't fighting. It's just a difference of opinions. And he and I don't live near each other anymore anyway since I attend college 2.5 hours away.

Viscus: Thanks brokensmiley

Old 05-24-2009, 04:29 AM   #662
Raptor

Actually I like your expression in the second picture Pyre.

And I just remembered your survey thing... I guess I missed it, I haven't really been using MSN lately. Sorry about that.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 08:51 AM   #663
SiouxsiePernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Darling View Post
Did you make that t-shirt?

SiouxsiePernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:23 AM   #664
Solumina

Quote:
You can also claim independence if you are legally emancipated, it would be considered an "unusual circumstance" so most really basic sites like that don't have anything on it.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:33 AM   #665
Solumina

Also you need to remember that not all colleges are marriage friendly, especially if you are planning to live on campus. For instance CNU has a number of residential scholarships and RAs get free room and board but in order to get those benefits you have to reside on campus, something that married people are not allowed to do. Its just something that you need to think about.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 02:31 PM   #666
Devil's Darling

@ SiouxsiePernova : Well it's from a friend ^.^ She bought it on a field trip to Cluj or Sinaia.
I love your eyes, my darling friend, Their play so passionate and bright'ning, When a sudden stare up you send, And like a heaven-blown lightning, It'd take in all from end to end But there's more that I admire: Your eyes when they're downcast In bursts of love-inspired fire And through the eyelash goes fast A somber, dull call of desire...
Devil's Darling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 04:48 PM   #667
Felreaper

Quote:
Felreaper, you have GORGEOUS hair. I get a hard on when I see guys with long hair. Srsly.
Hahaa, thanks? Yeah, it's really easy to keep too, just wash and brush and it kicks ass!
Felreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 08:08 PM   #668
Pyre

Solumina: He lives about 20 minutes from where he attends college, so living on campus isn't a problem. I don't know WHAT they plan on doing about living once they get married, though, since her family will not let them live there, I doubt his family will, and they're too young to make any sort of real money to live on their own.

Old 05-25-2009, 05:36 AM   #669
Xombie

Quote:
Solumina: He lives about 20 minutes from where he attends college, so living on campus isn't a problem. I don't know WHAT they plan on doing about living once they get married, though, since her family will not let them live there, I doubt his family will, and they're too young to make any sort of real money to live on their own.
...Why are you answering for him?
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 03:51 PM   #670
Pyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xombie View Post
...Why are you answering for him?
Why does it matter if I knew the answer? Besides, I wasn't answering a question, I was answering a statement. Solumina thought he lived on campus, and I told her he didn't. It's not like she asked a question about his personal life that I answered, I only said he doesn't live on campus.

Old 05-25-2009, 04:07 PM   #671
Mr E Nigma

Quote:
But, I also do not believe anyone should get married after only a few years. That's a personal preference, especially when it involves young people, because they change so goddamn much in their life.
My parents got married at the age of 20 and 21. After being together 3 months... They got through 23 years of happy lovey dovey marriage. Like, some of my friends are married, and they seem unhappy.

But honestly, my parents are the only people that make me think marriage at 20 is even possibly. I personally couldn't see myself married right now.

Anyways, took my parents 23 years before something went wary, it started going downhill, then my dad fucked up... But mom is really laid back, he admitted to cheating, and she took him back, and they're just as happy as they were before it started going wary.

In the 25 years they've been together they haven't really had horrible arguments, most of them are goofy like where to go out to eat etcetera...

Funniest part was when my mom told me why they got married. Dad met her in Alaska while in the army, and he had to ship back to VA 3 months later... before leaving he said "Come with me... marry me"... and my mom said.. "Well, I've got nothing better to do"

Makes me lulz everytime.

I do see your point in young marriage though, it's rare 2 people stay together so long to be honest. But the few that do, well, why not have all that happy as early in life as possible.

Maggot -nods- 'sup?
Old 05-25-2009, 04:31 PM   #672
Mr E Nigma

I figured since honeythorn's got the sexiest eyes on the planet, and they make me melt in ways no one wants to hear about, I'd take a more honeythorn-esque picture... What was it that they say about impersonation being the best form of flattery? I can't remember... anyways...

Also,

Through the power of steam my penguin army takes to the skies. Flight is once again in their grasp... This has spawned a new dawn for our species... A brand new day.. where we take to the skies... A force, the likes of which this world has never seen... Prepare yourselves... For penguins fly.. once again.

Pyre - Fuckin' A can you get my blood pumpin'... Damn you're gorgeous...
Old 05-25-2009, 06:09 PM   #673
Joker_in_the_Pack

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._6072354_n.jpg

Fucking around at the La Brea tar pits.

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._3355929_n.jpg

Horn stand off.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 06:10 PM   #674
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Took these yesterday. They're alright, I suppose.

You look like Angela Gassow from Arch Enemy...
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 06:14 PM   #675
Pineapple_Juice

^ I like the shape of her lips. *is jealous*