Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:39 PM   #1
obscurite_beautee

Hello peeps....*making me hungry, I love those pink peeps*

Heh excuse my title....My name is Debrah, currently residing in a charming little town called Elko in Northeastern part of Nevada. Now, I read the guidelines on how to introduce yourself, and I must admit those were a lot of questions to answer....14 simple questions can lead into quite excessive wordings to answer them only because I make simplicity so damn complex....Anyhoo...Lets go with the basics..I am 18 years old, perhaps a 'youngin' to most of you maybe even dumb...However you might be surprised with my little wee bit baby goth brain...Moving on...I enjoy playing my MB4 Skull and Crossbone Squier bass, creating soothing music for big headaches I get when thinking too much....I enjoy reading books about histories, horrors, vampire erotic, but mostly horrors during the long hours at night when being an insomniac....I'm telling you, it gets quite freaky when you are up for more than 4 days that you'd literally believe Vlad the Impaler was actually watching you....Erm maybe not...My favorite authors are Laurell K. Hamilton, H.P. Lovecraft, Amelia At-Waters Rhode, Neil Gaiman, Nancy Kilpatrick, and the infamous Voltaire for his humor...Oh I can get quite random...

Cheese puffs, want some?

I think Im good for now...If you want to know more, just ask me!

......Psst!......I wonder if they have the peeps in black too???
obscurite_beautee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:15 PM   #2
dark_dragon_of_ice

What music do you like?
dark_dragon_of_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 04:07 AM   #3
Valerius

18 isn't so young. I'm 19, as are a number of other members. Youngest we have is 12 years old, I think, and the eldest is 50-something years of age. Don't feel out of place, as you do seem like a decent person.

Anyhoo, mind rephrasing your introduction and separating the answers? It's kind of harsh on the eyes.

-Oscar Van den Boogaard, Dutch pacifist
Valerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 09:09 AM   #4
Lovegirl531

you think 18 is young? im 13 :O im quite new here too hehe.. welcome
Lovegirl531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 09:52 AM   #5
delicti

Welcome to g-net.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:54 AM   #6
obscurite_beautee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_dragon_of_ice
What music do you like?

Music??? I'd have to say mostly punk rock, black metal, death rock, gothic, darkwave, industrial, techno, psytrance, rave, and so on......
Old 09-21-2007, 09:55 AM   #7
obscurite_beautee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerius
18 isn't so young. I'm 19, as are a number of other members. Youngest we have is 12 years old, I think, and the eldest is 50-something years of age. Don't feel out of place, as you do seem like a decent person.

Anyhoo, mind rephrasing your introduction and separating the answers? It's kind of harsh on the eyes.

hahah sorry....I shall go to edit my introduction so anyone else can read it as well
Old 09-21-2007, 09:58 AM   #8
obscurite_beautee

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscurite_beautee
Heh excuse my title....

My name is Debrah, currently residing in a charming little town called Elko in Northeastern part of Nevada.

Now, I read the guidelines on how to introduce yourself, and I must admit those were a lot of questions to answer....14 simple questions can lead into quite excessive wordings to answer them only because I make simplicity so damn complex....

Anyhoo...Lets go with the basics..I am 18 years old, perhaps a 'youngin' to most of you maybe even dumb...However you might be surprised with my little wee bit baby goth brain...

Moving on...I enjoy playing my MB4 Skull and Crossbone Squier bass, creating soothing music for big headaches I get when thinking too much....I enjoy reading books about histories, horrors, vampire erotic, but
mostly horrors during the long hours at night when being an insomniac....

I'm telling you, it gets quite freaky when you are up for more than 4 days that you'd literally believe Vlad the Impaler was actually watching you....Erm maybe not...My favorite authors are Laurell K. Hamilton, H.P. Lovecraft, Amelia At-Waters Rhode, Neil Gaiman, Nancy Kilpatrick, and the infamous Voltaire for his humor...Oh I can get quite random...

Cheese puffs, want some?

I think Im good for now...If you want to know more, just ask me!

......Psst!......I wonder if they have the peeps in black too???
This has been edited for those who wants a easy and quick reading....Enjoy!
Old 09-21-2007, 11:46 AM   #9
LadyLucretia

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscurite_beautee
Music??? I'd have to say mostly punk rock, black metal, death rock, gothic, darkwave, industrial, techno, psytrance, rave, and so on......
What deathrock/goth/darkwave/industrial bands do you like?
LadyLucretia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 01:59 PM   #10
Ishkabibble

Tecnically you're older than myself, though I guess your introduction made you sound like a person my age.
Anyway, enjoy the stay.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:17 AM   #11
kraziekush

hi

Hmm never seen those peeps in black but I bet you could mix food color till its black and dunk them just wanted to say hi!
kraziekush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 12:56 AM   #12
gothicusmaximus

I'm probably mistaken, but does anyone else experience the sensation that these people demanding that the OP immediately provide an extensive delineation of her musical tastes are just salvating in anticipation of the opportunity to lunge at her should she either mention NIN or fail to mention Siouxsie?
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 02:27 PM   #13
obscurite_beautee

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus
I'm probably mistaken, but does anyone else experience the sensation that these people demanding that the OP immediately provide an extensive delineation of her musical tastes are just salvating in anticipation of the opportunity to lunge at her should she either mention NIN or fail to mention Siouxsie?

Meaning as in what?
Old 09-24-2007, 09:20 PM   #14
biohazard

Welcome to the boards. I personally think 18 is an old age...
Old 09-25-2007, 05:08 AM   #15
Necropolis

Quote:
Yes, I was thinking that before I even saw your post.

That question is in just about every intro thread, but it's a common ice breaker. Although, I'm pretty sure no one asked about my music taste in my intro thread.
Necropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 05:27 AM   #16
delicti

Quote:
When not much information is given, it's a good opportunity to find out what peoples' motivations for entering the scene are and where they are going with their experiences. It is a shame that some people are hypersensitive about their music tastes, but I think that tells a bit about the person as well.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:24 AM   #17
Abyssmal

Quote:
Yes, don't mention metal bands. try to stick with the darkwave bands if you don't want to be flamed. (I learned the hard way, that and don't have a attitude.) =(
Abyssmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:41 AM   #18
obscurite_beautee

Lol, I wasn't really planning on mentioning metal bands for that it was a phase I went through at 13-15 yrs old..damn me for going to ozzfest....The bands I like are Horrorpops, Nekromantix, A Black Tape For A Blue Girl, Audra, Unto Ashes, Voltaire, The Distillers, The Casualties, Subhumans, Crass, Skrewdriver, Forward Area, The Bauhaus, Siouxsie, Flesh Eaters, Voodoo Church, Christian Death, 45 Grave, Mighty Sphincter, Theatre of Ice, Sisters of Mercy, and so many many more....I like variety types of music....Hope everyone is satisfied with my taste in music...
Old 09-25-2007, 10:53 AM   #19
Dancing_in_rain

*Nod nod* Because of course, all of us know exactly where your music places you in the spectrum of gothiness. Honestly, I don't really care...as long as you don't put Justin Timberlake or Beyonce in your favourites, I'm fine with your music tastes. And quite a few of your bands or whatnot I don' know. I'm willing to try anything once...

On that note...ZOMG! I got Netwavz Radio to play Clever Sleazoid by Dir En Grey! Spazzy attack!

Yawn. This is rather tedious, is it not?

www.chansondeplume.blogspot.com
^Mon blog d'ecriture en francais. Veuillez lire et commenter!
Translation: My writing blog in french. Feel free to read and comment.

Dancing_in_rain is offline   Reply With Quote