Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 03:03 PM   #3701
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu

Old 12-03-2005, 03:16 PM   #3702
AlKilyu

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA take THAT Pooh ya bastid!

Wofly, I am risking making the board sick with over exposure, but since you have been gone so long, and since I can't contact you privately, have you by chance heard the news? ^_^
Old 12-03-2005, 05:40 PM   #3703
ohthefuckwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
Glad to see ya back and posting, OTFW!!! Missed ya girl! E-mail's not workin', if I'd known you were in the area this fall I'd have invited you over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
And I am also very happy to see Wolfy otfw and urian back my own self.

aw, shucks. thanks, guys. *blush*

and no worries, wolfie.... i'm sure i'll be back down that way before too long.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:21 PM   #3704
winged_dreams

Bah! Finals and snow to worry about. And I won't be on the internet as much since I have to study and all that jazz.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
Old 12-05-2005, 06:58 PM   #3705
AlKilyu

Here is something kooky.

See these two dudes below?

See how the guy on the left looks pissed and the guy on the right is calm?

OK now look at the image and step back a few feet (like a yard or so)....

Weird eh?
Old 12-05-2005, 07:01 PM   #3706
edible_eye

that's fucked up.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:05 PM   #3707
Moonie

its scary!
Old 12-05-2005, 07:09 PM   #3708
TheKorovaMilkbar

I don't know what I should see.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:22 PM   #3709
NyQuil of Doom

That's freaky! I love it.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:46 PM   #3710
TheKorovaMilkbar

Seriously, what the hell should I see?
Old 12-05-2005, 08:57 PM   #3711
rockandrose

Al is so funny!
Old 12-05-2005, 10:07 PM   #3712
Scythan

My pet housefly died today. I have a pic of him in the pet pictures thread. I was kinda attached to him. I buried him in the backyard.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:14 PM   #3713
rockandrose

"UNLESS Santa brings Australia an unseasonally cold Christmas, this year will go down as the hottest since climate records began in 1910."

Melbourne's summer is hot, sticky and annoying as it is, not to mention throughout the day and night. So it seems that summer is going to be ultra fucking hot.

Absolutely great.

How is anyone meant to have sex in all that stinky sweat, seriously...
Old 12-05-2005, 10:20 PM   #3714
winged_dreams

I can't move back far enough to see it although I can see the beginnings of the transformation.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
Old 12-05-2005, 10:21 PM   #3715
rockandrose

Scythan, I'm sorry to hear that. How long housefly live for?
Old 12-05-2005, 10:23 PM   #3716
Scythan

I had him for 23 days. Apparently that is very long for a housefly. I think he died of old age.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:29 PM   #3717
rockandrose

I thought they die within 24 hours?
Old 12-05-2005, 10:32 PM   #3718
Scythan

Nope. Those are Mayflies that you are probably thinking about, because their mouths aren't even adapted to eating in their adult stage! Oh, I just found that the housefly lifespan is 20-30 days. That's not bad I guess, since I don't know how long he was an adult for. Not a record, though.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:37 PM   #3719
rockandrose

That's one of the reasons why I find you so cool and intriguing is that I find flies, ants and spiders annoying and ugly. Yet you embrace them wholesomely.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:41 PM   #3720
Scythan

Heh, thanks. I myself don't understand why people feel that way about them. I mean, if you like animals, then think of bugs as little animals. Wouldn't it be cool if there were such a thing as a tiny horse? Well, bugs are tiny but just look different.

Maybe it's just something that you learn to like. I had always liked bugs, so I can't really understand how they can look ugly or scary.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:49 PM   #3721
rockandrose

I acknowledge their existence, I'm not that fond on their appearance or presence. I still ocassionally get jumpy when I see a spider, even though I'm more used to seeing the around, but they just seem to love poping out of nowhere. I find flies annoying, they enter the house and buzz like it's their home. Oh, moths, they're ugly, furry, dusty and scary.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:55 PM   #3722
Scythan

Maybe you need to be around them more in order to feel comfortable about them. If I don't understand what an animal/insect is thinking, then I get anxious because I don't know what it's going to do.

I find insects to be more predictable than animals, so I am generally more comfortable around them. I know that a fly wouldn't purposely fly into my ear, for instance, and even if it did, it would be trying to escape as frantically as I would be trying to get it out.

They have definite motivations, such as the need for food and mates, and the avoidance of danger or harm. By knowing what the basic motivations are, you start to understand the actions of the insect, and nothing they can do would scare you, as it is all predetermined by their evolved tendencies.

Talk to you tomorrow, and good night. We always seem to be talking when it's my bedtime. :P
Old 12-05-2005, 11:00 PM   #3723
rockandrose

Damn the timezone differences...

Goodnight Scythan!
Old 12-05-2005, 11:10 PM   #3724
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockandrose
That's one of the reasons why I find you so cool and intriguing is that I find flies, ants and spiders annoying and ugly. Yet you embrace them wholesomely.

I LOOOOOVE watching ants. If I am flicking thru the channels and an ant documentry is on, I drop that fucking remote right then and there. I bought my first ant farm only twelve years ago, and it is the most facinating things I ever owned until computers became a household item. Seriously there is a couple of holes in the sidewalk in front of my uncle's house. In the summer when we'd have family dinners on Sunday I'd go out and kneel down and watch them. My little nephew would tag along and get down there with me and I'd explain what they were doing. We'd get sugar or cracker crumbs and put them down and watch them slowly take it away.

Spiders are good cause they eat bugs and if a female is in my presence I'll use something to get it and take it outside (no way am I touching them myself!) and while I made a vow not to harm any living creature (except humans, fuck em they can handle themselves) five years ago, sadly, I still hate and despise and kill flies with pleasure (sorry Scythan). That's when I turn into Jack Nicholson from "As Good As It Gets" and put napkins or kleenex over whatever I am eating or drinking out of. On top of them landing on poop, they taste stuff by vomiting on it then slurping it up, and sorry to say even if they land on something I am eating for half a second, that food goes in the trash.

I AM the protector of the cave however, and if a mean ol' bug is harrassing eyes, I shall dispense of it post haste! ^_^
Old 12-05-2005, 11:28 PM   #3725
rockandrose

Al, I was so not expecting a mushy touch to ants, from you.

When I was about four, I used to hide behind the x-mas tree and ate ants. If I can still remember the taste, they tasted bitterish. I probably ate about 10 ants or probably more. One day, my mum caught me and started telling me how ants are like humans in a way that they deserve to live blah blah. I gave up this secret eating habit of mine. I still don't understand why I ate them.

Scythan, might freak out after reading this.