Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 09-25-2007, 12:19 PM   #1
XxZanexX

Thumbs down Bigger city was supposed to mean more friends. :(

So I moved from a town of about 25k people to a town of about one million. So, yeah, big change. The town I moved from is located in southern Utah. Needless to say there's not a huge goth community there.

I'm not sure if there is here. I imagine so since there's a few clubs that play goth music for the most part and such. But alas all these clubs are 21+ and I am the dreaded 20 years old.

I don't go to school right now and my job puts me with a whole bunch of older retired people all day. So I seem to have problems making friends because there's nowhere I know to go meet people.

Gah, I was so hoping to meet lots of cool new people here but noooooooooo.
XxZanexX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:32 PM   #2
LadyLucretia

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZanexX
So I moved from a town of about 25k people to a town of about one million. So, yeah, big change. The town I moved from is located in southern Utah. Needless to say there's not a huge goth community there.

I'm not sure if there is here. I imagine so since there's a few clubs that play goth music for the most part and such. But alas all these clubs are 21+ and I am the dreaded 20 years old.

I don't go to school right now and my job puts me with a whole bunch of older retired people all day. So I seem to have problems making friends because there's nowhere I know to go meet people.

Gah, I was so hoping to meet lots of cool new people here but noooooooooo.
Try coffee shops, open mics, 18+ shows, etc.
LadyLucretia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:58 PM   #3
LaBelleDameSansMerci

Bigger cities can be harder to make friends in because you're less likely to repeatedly run into people. It kinda makes it harder to turn an aquaintance into a friend. But LadyLucretia has some good suggestions... There are usually regulars in those places, and you might find someone there with the same interests as you.
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 07:21 PM   #4
darkbird

lol is this Phoenix? (just wondered, since it says you're in AZ)

Honestly, when I lived in Phoenix it was extremely hard for me to make friends because I didn't put myself in places where I'd have the opportunity to. Go to clubs (if you can find them) libraries, malls even. research your city online to see if there are any concerts or events coming up.
darkbird is offline   Reply With Quote