Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 07-11-2011, 02:40 PM   #1
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Start. See what happens

I think I have a new show to watch(I wont say favorite after only one episode though), it's a remarkable little show too, and I hope it's the start of many shows like it to come. The fact that this show is solely on the internet makes me excited about the future of the internet as a medium to watch quality programming.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/257155/the...e-what-happens

It makes me think back to Batman Beyond, how in it's future, people watch tv over the internet, though I'm sure plenty of other science fiction has predicted this as well.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:45 AM   #2
Grausamkeit

Looks interesting. I enjoyed the first episode.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:06 PM   #3
Ben Lahnger

I wish you had titled this thread "The Booth At The End", as that is the name of the series. "Start. See what happens" is just the title of the first episode.

It's good. Well made, with clever scripting; it had me leaning forward in my chair anxiously wondering what was going to happen next.

That is some good TV, web series or not.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:24 AM   #4
Renatus

I wonder if it would be possible for a web series to win an Emmy award.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 07-13-2011, 05:39 AM   #5
Ben Lahnger

Yes, but the competition is tough.

"Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog", which was introduced as a three part web series, won a prime-time Emmy for Outstanding Special Class - Short-Format Live-Action Entertainment Programs (among other awards).

On the other hand, after 4 full seasons of critical acclaim and much fan love, Felicia Day's The Guild has no awards to it's name. (Now that it's been added to Netflix, I've put it in my IW queue ... I just have to make a point to start it.)

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 07-30-2011, 03:53 PM   #6
Grausamkeit

I'm enjoying this show, but they guy with the notepad is pissing me off for some reason.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:04 AM   #7
Renatus

Wow talk about a cliffhanger ending! It's one thing to do all these little things, but now, a deal, to bring back the dead. I was worried that this was going to be the last episode, but this is such a twist. It only emphasizes the question, who is this man.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:07 PM   #8
Spooky Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
Yes, but the competition is tough.

"Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog", which was introduced as a three part web series, won a prime-time Emmy for Outstanding Special Class - Short-Format Live-Action Entertainment Programs (among other awards)
Yeah, but didn't the Emmys kind of create that category just for Dr. Horrible? Who's won it since?
Spooky Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 04:55 AM   #9
Ben Lahnger

You mean in the whole history of web series? (He asked, ironically.)

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 08-16-2011, 05:24 AM   #10
Renatus

Crap I just discovered on the wiki(that I hadn't read through fully), that this was originally a Canadian tv series of 62 short episodes, that they went and put on Hulu. So in all likelihood, there aren't going to be anymore episodes

Old 08-19-2012, 05:36 AM   #11
Renatus

It's baaack..... for a whole new season, and the possibilities are endless.....But, there are consequences.