Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 06-27-2009, 01:46 AM   #26
Pineapple_Juice

The thing about the painkillers is that he's actually got pain issues that require it at certain points. I think his back was really bad from some accidents, such as standing on a stage rigged 25-30 feet from the ground and having it fall. He did have an addiction to Demerol a few years back.
Can't tell for sure until toxicology comes back but I would always suspect at least a small amount of the drug in his system.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:39 PM   #27
Saya

It gets worse, Billy Mays died today too.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/TV/06/28/mays.death/
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:37 AM   #28
DRM

Yeah, it does feel weird to hear it.
:/
DRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:28 AM   #29
AngelikDemonik

I cannot even begin to explain my absolute disgust for the media. A week ago they flogged him and kept the 12-year-old boy jokes rolling, but now? "He will be missed, he was wonderful person". I think I'm going to vomit. Fucking hypocrites.

Yes, he was a fucking weirdo. Yes, I can see how people would think he was a pedophile, but for fuck's sake, the man rot in his grave with some dignity.

I have loved Michael Jackson's music since I was little girl, and I always will. Although many of you will deny it, I'm willing to bet I wasn't the only one who fell flat on my face trying to duplicate the "lean" from "Smooth Criminal".

I fucking hope he comes back from the dead as a thriller zombie and kills everyone.

http://www.myspace.com/dancemydarling

AIM: ThisIsntSybil
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:47 AM   #30
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus View Post
Oh, really? What part of you wonders that? The substantial part that's fucking stupid?
Dude, chill.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:48 AM   #31
Godslayer Jillian

Such awesome comebacks. I wonder how GM has the face to come back every time.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:08 AM   #32
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian View Post
Such awesome comebacks. I wonder how GM has the face to come back every time.
Boredom, most likely.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:48 PM   #33
Pineapple_Juice

So just as an update, Jordan Chandler admitted to lying about Michael molesting him. Way to wait until he's dead, how nice.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:41 PM   #34
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
So just as an update, Jordan Chandler admitted to lying about Michael molesting him. Way to wait until he's dead, how nice.
Him saying that has nothing to do with what really happened.
He probably just wants to be on TV, which he now absolutely will be.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:59 PM   #35
CountVonCount

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelikDemonik View Post
I fucking hope he comes back from the dead as a thriller zombie and kills everyone.
Amen.

That Jordan kid might have been full of ish but Macaulay Culkin stated way back that him and MJ had relations when he was underage.

He was THE king, but that crown rolled off his head long ago. I can't say I feel one way or the other as the Michael I'll always idolize died years ago.
CountVonCount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:39 PM   #36
Pineapple_Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
Him saying that has nothing to do with what really happened.
He probably just wants to be on TV, which he now absolutely will be.
He was on tv enough before. He used to tour with Michael along with several other people. During the trial he refused to testify. It was his father who made him do the whole thing. There was a recording of his dad saying "If I go through with this, I win big-time. There’s no way I lose. I will get everything I want and they will be destroyed forever…"

He wanted a book deal, he wanted this, he wanted that. It was Evan Chandler who started the whole deal. If Jordan wanted to be in the spotlight he'd probably have not hesitated to take the witness stand.

And Macauley Culkin has stated time and time again that nothing has ever happened between him and Michael. EVER.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:42 PM   #37
The Count

Wow, heard about it only yesterday.(I've been disconnected from society the last few days)

Hard to believe he's dead, I always loved his music. Listening to Beat It right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelikDemonik
I have loved Michael Jackson's music since I was little girl, and I always will. Although many of you will deny it, I'm willing to bet I wasn't the only one who fell flat on my face trying to duplicate the "lean" from "Smooth Criminal".
hehe, I once broke my nose trying that. ^^
The Count is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:51 PM   #38
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
I cannot even begin to explain my absolute disgust for the media. A week ago they flogged him and kept the 12-year-old boy jokes rolling, but now? "He will be missed, he was wonderful person". I think I'm going to vomit. Fucking hypocrites.
Not that I'm a huge fan of the fourth estate or anything, but this is a laughable misconception as to whose source I can't even speculate. Speaking as someone who works in a newsroom for nine hours a day, receiving constant feed from every major network on a massive array of monitors, I can assure you that the media's criticism of Jackson has continued, if not crescendoed, since his death. Their vitriol is simply tempered by a due acknowledgement of his musical legacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple Juice
He was on tv enough before. He used to tour with Michael along with several other people. During the trial he refused to testify. It was his father who made him do the whole thing. There was a recording of his dad saying "If I go through with this, I win big-time. There’s no way I lose. I will get everything I want and they will be destroyed forever…"

He wanted a book deal, he wanted this, he wanted that. It was Evan Chandler who started the whole deal. If Jordan wanted to be in the spotlight he'd probably have not hesitated to take the witness stand.

And Macauley Culkin has stated time and time again that nothing has ever happened between him and Michael. EVER.
Pineapple_Juice, your idealization of this performer is, frankly, fucking appalling. While rumors that Jordan Chandler retracted his claim are entriely unsubstantiated, even were he established beyond doubt to have been lying, he would remain only one among many minors who came forward to accuse Jackson of sexual abuse, most of whom accepted a settlement out of court.
You can appreciate art while conceding that its creator was a piece of shit. Edgar Allen Poe took a child bride, H.P. Lovecraft was a racist, Laura Prepon is a scientologist, Michael Jackson molested little kids-- get over it.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:44 PM   #39
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Not that I'm a huge fan of the fourth estate or anything, but this is a laughable misconception as to whose source I can't even speculate. Speaking as someone who works in a newsroom for nine hours a day, receiving constant feed from every major network on a massive array of monitors, I can assure you that the media's criticism of Jackson has continued, if not crescendoed, since his death. Their vitriol is simply tempered by a due acknowledgement of his musical legacy.

Pineapple_Juice, your idealization of this performer is, frankly, fucking appalling. While rumors that Jordan Chandler retracted his claim are entriely unsubstantiated, even were he established beyond doubt to have been lying, he would remain only one among many minors who came forward to accuse Jackson of sexual abuse, most of whom accepted a settlement out of court.
You can appreciate art while conceding that its creator was a piece of shit. Edgar Allen Poe took a child bride, H.P. Lovecraft was a racist, Laura Prepon is a scientologist, Michael Jackson molested little kids-- get over it.
... I think I love you.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:41 PM   #40
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Oh, really? What part of you wonders that? The substantial part that's fucking stupid?
Dude!! If you think that's fucking stupid read Catch's blog in here!!
It's not even funny, it's just blindingly infuriating.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:40 PM   #41
Drake Dun

It has been more than a week now and Michael Jackson is still dead. When will the horror end?!
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:27 AM   #42
badteccy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
Sucks for Fawcett.
Now no one gives a shit about her death.

Or the Oxyclean dude
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:36 AM   #43
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Dun View Post
It has been more than a week now and Michael Jackson is still dead. When will the horror end?!
And Chevy Chase just announced on SNL that Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESyTVnxxrPc

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:47 AM   #44
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Supporting source statement on Wiki also reporting that:

"Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still valiantly holding on in his fight to remain dead."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General..._is_still_dead

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:49 AM   #45
SiouxsiePernova

Quote:

I'd like to see an encore performance of Thriller with Michael Jackson as a zombie.

SiouxsiePernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:34 PM   #46
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiouxsiePernova View Post
I'd like to see an encore performance of Thriller with Michael Jackson as a zombie.

All it should take is a couple feet of metal cables and you're set.

Might have to wait a few days to avoid any cost for makeup or special effects though.

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:14 AM   #47
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Now that just might say something. There's something suss about parents who are prepared to accept a cash gift that a man like Jackson can easily afford, as opposed to a real punishment that'd take more than about 2 days' worth of royalties to clear.

I'm ambivalent towards claims that he molested kids. Ultimately I believe the guy was a severely damaged person who only ever wanted the childhood he never got, thanks to his parents. What he was doing LOOKED weird to the world (if nothing else), making him a prime target for cash scams like this.

The truth is we'll never know for sure, but it's certainly not a given that he did the things he was accused of. the fact that there were plenty willing to do the accusing could suggest guilt, or could simply mean that his oddness, richness and utterly fucked-upness made him a target.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:46 PM   #48
Pineapple_Juice

Quote:
My idealization of MJ is ridiculous in its extremity but that doesn't change the facts. I doubt very much that you've done any sort of outside research into the subject aside from listening in on what rolls around in newsrooms and on TV. Why would you? Fortunately, me being the appalling character I am, I have indeed done so. I have thoroughly read through every page of the court transcripts multiple times, and frankly even if I hated the guy I'd still think he was innocent.
I'm not disputing the fact that he's done weird shit or that he's a weird person, but people just want to believe what they want. It's like abortion-neither side's gonna agree or change their minds regardless of the arguments. Apparently 14 acquittals coupled with staggering evidence in favor of the Chandlers and the Arvizos being money grubbing liars isn't enough.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:53 PM   #49
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child View Post
Now that just might say something. There's something suss about parents who are prepared to accept a cash gift that a man like Jackson can easily afford, as opposed to a real punishment that'd take more than about 2 days' worth of royalties to clear.
It might say that. Then again, it might say that the parents of these kids simply valued the immense sums of money they were offered more than they did justice for their children-- Jackson did tend to gravitate toward kids whose families were as fucked up as his. It also might say that they didn't want to put their children through the stress of a molestation trial, or that they didn't feel they could stand against Jackson lawyers. It might say a lot of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple Juice
My idealization of MJ is ridiculous in its extremity but that doesn't change the facts. I doubt very much that you've done any sort of outside research into the subject aside from listening in on what rolls around in newsrooms and on TV. Why would you?
Why do you figure I'm in a position to hear what 'rolls around' in newsrooms, whizkid? I don't just deliver pizza and decide to hang out. Can you guess what we've been covering, and therefore researching extensively, for the past week?

Quote:
It's like abortion-neither side's gonna agree or change their minds regardless of the arguments.
Yes, and like abortion, one side is self-deluded, their common sense compromised by the beliefs that make them feel the warmest and the fuzziest.
Look, like Apathy's Child said, there's a chance he wasn't a molester, but the fact remains that the overwhelming majority of men over thirty who seek intimate frienships with troubled children, outfit their houses with troves and troves of toys, and share beds with youngsters are just that. To say he might have been innocent is one thing, but to believe with any degree of conviction that he was seems extreme to me.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 06:04 AM   #50
Anima_Severem

Whether or not he molested kids, Michael Jackson is a fucking legend.

Man in the Mirror is already making me cry, and this is the FIRST TIME I've ever heard it.
Anima_Severem is offline   Reply With Quote