Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 06-25-2010, 11:41 AM   #1
vindicatedxjin

Help

I don't know if this is considered whining but I didn't know where else to put it....Anywhoo...I know this might seem weird. But as of late, (the past few weeks) I've been feeling "other-worldly". The feeling is as if I'm aloof from this reality, not necessarily like I'm losing grasp, but more like I'm becoming aware of something else. My health is being strange, and I've been seeing strange flashes of light in my dreams. I've been having random images pop into my mind of an area that looks somewhat tropical almost... Time is going slower. And I'm remembering dreams that I had as a freaking 3 year old... the most vivid one is somewhat blurry.. but I remember feeling utter terror. Keep in mind that I was 3 when I dreamed this. Apparently, I had lived another life before my current one in a world different from ours...and in this life I had a baby.... for some reason the baby was taken away from me, and whoever/whatever took the child, performed a surgery on me to where I could never have a child again. I remember waking up screaming bloody murder... and feeling devestated. What's crazy is that I told my mom about it.... she said that she remembers that night because I was yelling "my baby, my baby". And had no idea what I was talking about and assumed I was meaning my baby doll. This freaks me out...I was fucking 3 years old. And I'm just now remembering. Has anyone else had a moment in they're life where they felt like they were going through some spiritual change??? In all seriousness I'm freaked out.

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:47 AM   #2
Tam Li Hua

I...don't know what to tell you.

I have to admit, I'm a bit of a skeptic when it comes to past lives and reincarnation.

That -is- bizarre, though.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:48 AM   #3
Ben Lahnger

Paragraph breaks. They exist for a reason ... to make prose easier for people to read.

If that wasn't one unbroken, hard to read block of text, I might spend some time considering what you are asking.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:44 PM   #4
vindicatedxjin

Sorry I was writing in a hurry.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 06-25-2010, 02:16 PM   #5
Daywalker

OK first of all relax damn all the stress will make things harder second of all are taking any meds of other drugs I ask because they can mess with you mind in dreams. Are you religious of any kind?
Daywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:30 PM   #6
vindicatedxjin

Nope I haven't been taking anything... I'm not really prone to bouts of weirdness. This literally started happening out of nowhere. I've always been empathic, intuitive, and cautious about things. But it's almost like it's becoming stronger.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 06-25-2010, 04:50 PM   #7
Solumina

You could see if there is someone in your area that does past life regression. It is kind of like seeing someone who is both a psychic and a hypnotist. I went to one as part of a project for one of my anthropology classes. I thought it was really interesting and, while I don’t really believe that what I experienced was memories from a past life, it did help me tap into my subconscious.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 05:21 PM   #8
TheFeatheredÆtheling

Miss Vindicatedxjin, I really wish that I could help you because that sounds very stressful, but I have no idea. However, some of what you wrote reminds me of what is called "sleep paralysis". During this state, a person's mind essencially wakes up, while the body remains completely asleep. At this time, horrifying visions which seem completely real (often involving bodily mutilations and surgery) are often experienced. This has been suggested as a reason why many people are convinced to the point of perfectly passing lie detector testing that they've been abducted and experimented on by aliens. From a psychological standpoint, this is one phenomenon that freaks me out.

I believe that I've experienced sleep paralysis at least once in my life so far, but in my case the corpse-like lethargy seemed almost pleasurable. Maybe because my mind was relaxed and free from external stress at the time, I suffered no horrific hallucinations. I believe that I fell back into complete sleep when the spell concluded rather than waking up directly.
TheFeatheredÆtheling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 05:37 PM   #9
Underwater Ophelia

Jesus Christ. So you remembered a dream.
Past lives aren't real.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:31 PM   #10
vindicatedxjin

Solumina and Feather thanks.

I was doing some research and found out about Dr. Ian Stevenson who in the span of 40 years, documented over 3000 cases on children between the ages of 3 to 7 having memories of previous lives, the majority of which having terrorizing deaths. I'm going to read up some more on him.

Ophelia, I don't think you understand the fact that I started feeling strange before I began to remember the dreams... I feel different...it's so hard to explain.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 06-25-2010, 11:21 PM   #11
Saya

Having dreams about different lives and horrible deaths isn't unique and it doesn't prove past lives, or that memory from past lives can be recalled. I had really terrifying nightmares as a kid, the one that scared me the most was being killed by the giant in Jack And The Beanstalk, doesn't mean I was Jack. I had nightmares of getting murdered too but I think as kids thats whats really scary to us, physical pain and death. Not that adults aren't afraid of it either but as I got older my nightmares generally got more varied and less violent (except the zombie nightmares).

I think I've had the feeling you're describing but its a symptom of my anxiety. Religious experiences make me feel more in tune with reality, not disassociate.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 12:33 AM   #12
M.Valdemar

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicatedxjin View Post
I don't know if this is considered whining but I didn't know where else to put it....Anywhoo...I know this might seem weird. But as of late, (the past few weeks) I've been feeling "other-worldly". The feeling is as if I'm aloof from this reality, not necessarily like I'm losing grasp, but more like I'm becoming aware of something else. My health is being strange, and I've been seeing strange flashes of light in my dreams. I've been having random images pop into my mind of an area that looks somewhat tropical almost... Time is going slower. And I'm remembering dreams that I had as a freaking 3 year old... the most vivid one is somewhat blurry.. but I remember feeling utter terror. Keep in mind that I was 3 when I dreamed this. Apparently, I had lived another life before my current one in a world different from ours...and in this life I had a baby.... for some reason the baby was taken away from me, and whoever/whatever took the child, performed a surgery on me to where I could never have a child again. I remember waking up screaming bloody murder... and feeling devestated. What's crazy is that I told my mom about it.... she said that she remembers that night because I was yelling "my baby, my baby". And had no idea what I was talking about and assumed I was meaning my baby doll. This freaks me out...I was fucking 3 years old. And I'm just now remembering. Has anyone else had a moment in they're life where they felt like they were going through some spiritual change??? In all seriousness I'm freaked out.
I was going to comment, but before I do I have to ask the question. Given what you said above - (but please just ignore if I am intruding) - Are you able to have children?
M.Valdemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 04:41 PM   #13
Underwater Ophelia

Again, what the Christ is wrong with you? So you've been "feeling strange."
I was "feeling strange" earlier, but then I farted and I'm fine now.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 07:00 AM   #14
Anarasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
That's so sexy.
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 10:54 AM   #15
vindicatedxjin

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Valdemar View Post
I was going to comment, but before I do I have to ask the question. Given what you said above - (but please just ignore if I am intruding) - Are you able to have children?
I honestly don't know.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 06-27-2010, 11:11 AM   #16
Despanan

Vind, we have a few possiblilities here. Either:

a) It's just a dream, and you're obsessing over it because you're a teenager.

b) You are developing a serious psychological disorder. Is there a history of schitzophrenia in your family?

c) your current hypothesis is correct, and you are developing super-powers.

Figure out which it is and respond thusly:

In the case of "A":

You're fine. Don't see some dream regressing psuedo scientific hack, he'll just make the situation worse.

In the case of "b":

You need to see a psychiatrist and possibly get on some meds to repress your hallucinations and delusions. Don't see some dream regressing psuedo scientific hack, he'll just make the situation worse.

Or in the case of "C":

With great power comes great responsibility, use your newfound psychic transformation to save the world from BP and Osama Bin Laden. Don't see some dream regressing psuedo scientific hack, he's probably your arch-nemisis in disguise.

Basically, Solumnia gave you the worst advice in the world. Don't listen to a word she said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 03:46 PM   #17
Noumi

In my opinion, Vindicatedxjin, you're just trying to feel special by posting this here, it doesn't really matter if you're feeling strange or not or remembering dreams, it doesn't mean anything and it's actually irrelevant. In other words this whole thing wont take you anywhere.

ピラール
Noumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 04:11 PM   #18
Still Jack

Sangria. It helps. Get some. And a straw.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:13 PM   #19
gothicusmaximus

Though skeptical, I am pulling for xjin to suddenly be overwhelmed by vivd memory of her life as a slightly less irritating person.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 06:35 PM   #20
Anarasha

Drink some herbal tea and relax.
If the problem persists, try again.
If the problem still persists, consult Despanan's list.
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 07:22 PM   #21
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicatedxjin View Post
You're a vampire.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:53 PM   #22
Odineye

This is common with pregnancy
Odineye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:38 AM   #23
vindicatedxjin

Des,

Thanks for your input. But to get things straight I'm not a teenager. I also highly doubt that I have a mental disorder...or super powers.

Noumi, Thank you.

Still Jack, I'm trying to forgo alcohol, but thanks

Gothicux, ....

Anarasha, good idea...except for the Des part.

Catch, go away.

Odineye, I highly doubt it...unless I got ***** in my sleep or something.

I'm not as freaked out as I was, however I did get very sick over the weekend and now I have the flu, I woke up without my voice this morning as well. I'm guessing that me feeling strange had to do with that. As for the memory thing...I dunno. But I'm pretty for sure everything else had to do with the flu....

Bring Kontan Back
Old 06-28-2010, 06:46 AM   #24
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
Bwuhahaha! Thanks for my first laugh out loud of the day!

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:48 AM   #25
Tam Li Hua

Sorry to hear your sick, vin. =( Summer flus seem to be worse than winter ones.

Hope you're feeling better soon!