Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:57 AM   #1
DarkPrayer

Location: In a place covered in darkness but filled with only good people
I am not wearing a costume!

I go to a private school with uniforms so when everyone wore their halloween costumes SO many people said, "Cool costume Sofie!" "Love you costume!" "Hey Sofie, cool goth outfit!" I explain that this is how I usually dress and there is an akward silence followed by a, "Oh...uh...um...ok. Cool. Bye." And then the person runs off leaving me in the dust. Some people say, "I thought you were goth! I was just to afraid to ask!" or "I knew you were goth all along Sofie!" Those people save me from skipping school today. At least no one gives me weird stares, because everyone is dressed weird! (even though it's normal for me)
DarkPrayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 09:17 AM   #2
Underwater Ophelia

Well, it's not surprising that people would think it's a costume...
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 09:26 AM   #3
korinna5555

I am going trick-or-treating in my regular clothes again this year.. I had so many people *seriously* ask me what I was supposed to be, and compliment me on my "costume".
This year when they ask, I might say "a Batcaver".. but, I might not. The weird stares were amusing....
Old 10-31-2007, 09:48 AM   #4
killer_asian_Dax

I decided to wear one of my club outfits to work and everyone's been like "Oooooohhhh!! LOVE your costume....um.... what are you suppose to be anyways???"

Then I explain to them that this is not a costume, but a normal club outfit for me. Then they're like, "oh....well that's cool.......*silence*...uh....hey, where'd you get your hair? Or did you make it?"

*AKWARD!!!*

I just wander off by then.

No trick or treating for me tonight. working at one of the clubs. gonna be a loooong night. Happy Halloween everybody!

My crappy Myspace
killer_asian_Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:27 PM   #5
DarkPrayer

Location: In a place covered in darkness but filled with only good people
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_asian_Dax
I decided to wear one of my club outfits to work and everyone's been like "Oooooohhhh!! LOVE your costume....um.... what are you suppose to be anyways???"

Then I explain to them that this is not a costume, but a normal club outfit for me. Then they're like, "oh....well that's cool.......*silence*...uh....hey, where'd you get your hair? Or did you make it?"

*AKWARD!!!*

No trick or treating for me tonight. working at one of the clubs. gonna be a loooong night. Happy Halloween everybody!
lol. So you understand how I feel. That akward silence really bugs me. I know that they feel guilty, but also disgusted.
DarkPrayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:22 PM   #6
KontanKarite

Dude, I went to this party where there was a shit load of punks. They thought I was being Jay Gordon from Orgy as a costume. "No, no... I pretty much look like this on a day to day basis. Ask my coworkers."

Then there was the silence. But whatever. I was less than not surprised.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:55 PM   #7
korinna5555

I like the awkwardness and the weird stares. When it comes to people's reactions to my clothes, I can be such an attention whore, for lack of a better word..
Old 10-31-2007, 03:20 PM   #8
KontanKarite

Oddly enough, my coworkers were thinking that I'd really go all out for work since they know I'm "goth". But I didn't. The usual torn fishnet shirt, teeshirt, and eyeliner was all they got. I was bummed. I've been bummed as of late. This... this is not a time for me to be bummed... but I am.

Old 10-31-2007, 03:39 PM   #9
DepthsofSpace

Well, I'm pissed over a similar issue, however it's with my parents.

It's All Hallow's Eve, right? So, my regular corporate Goth look got replaced with a bit more Victorian-isque look for school. Or was going to be... Now, note. Even half of my corporate Goth look goes on AFTER I leave the house. I sometimes walk out of the house wearing one thing, and change into another. Good grief, I'm twenty, about to move out to College and it's rather pathetic that I bother hiding my fashion choices.

Well, I found out there is a good reason I do. I was taken aside and informed that my outfit was too ecentric, perchance would indicate I was homosexual and generally didn't like the 'darker' look. I didn't say much, sort of backed down and off and then returned to partial dress once I was out of the house. Now, I know you're thinking eye-liner, heavy foundation, something really out there...

No, this is me (sans hat and cane) today... I later dropped the tie, didn't feel red. =P I decided the hat needed to be black for this outfit (it works with my dark leather blazer)...

I'm rather looking forward to moving out in January. I just feel really bummed out and stupid me I decided to skip the masked ball tonight. =(
DepthsofSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:02 PM   #10
KontanKarite

Dude, what the hell? That is one rockin' outfit. Jesus, man. You have some bad ass style taste. I'm of the mind that the folks are just jealous... as odd as that sounds. I mean, you don't look at all overly goth, though of course, I think that most of us could tell anyway.

I used to look a lot like that, except my blazers were more form fitting. I DID look oddly homosexual. I don't quite understand how you look "gay" though. Does "gay" have a look? Maybe you just looked TOO good and we all know that MEN can't have a sense of style. That makes them gay!!

Old 10-31-2007, 04:19 PM   #11
DepthsofSpace

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
Dude, what the hell? That is one rockin' outfit. Jesus, man. You have some bad ass style taste. I'm of the mind that the folks are just jealous... as odd as that sounds. I mean, you don't look at all overly goth, though of course, I think that most of us could tell anyway.

I used to look a lot like that, except my blazers were more form fitting. I DID look oddly homosexual. I don't quite understand how you look "gay" though. Does "gay" have a look? Maybe you just looked TOO good and we all know that MEN can't have a sense of style. That makes them gay!!
Wow, thank you. *blush*

I think my father thinks I'm gay (or bi), odd as that sounds. I don't chase after women, I have taste that I vocalize in interior furinishing, as well as I like art, etc. My hair is longer than my shoulder, which must make me a dirty hippy (compared to his burr cut). I'm happily straight, though I'm also very much for equal rights of homosexual and bisexual individuals. Maybe a bit too vocal though in my house.

Though thanks for the positive feedback on my outfit. Here's my favorite part of it, sans hat, cane and a couple other little accesories, everything there is just parts of my wardrobe I've gathered from JC Pennys on sale. Even the waistcoat came from them, thouh I've done little mods to it, because it was designed for wearing with a tux. It's rather fun taking department store clothing and trying to turn a Goth look from them.

Oh well, life goes on, though I really dislike having the disapproval of my parents.
DepthsofSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:52 PM   #12
DarkGentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_asian_Dax

*AKWARD!!!*

It happened to me at work today too, even after they asked me about my "costume" and I just replied "what costume? this isn't a costume, this is me when I'm not working". The jaws just dropped to the floor and some did apologize afterwards. LOL. Some woman said to me "I knew it, you are a Goth!COOL!". Even thought she complimented alot of me and my outfit, at least that made my day better.
DarkGentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:26 PM   #13
gothicusmaximus

My halloween costume constisted of me wearing an item of clothing that wasn't predominantly black in color.
It was masterfully executed.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:40 PM   #14
Graveyard.Crow

Happens to me every year.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:41 PM   #15
Christina_Death1334

Two years ago , I was wearing this black trench-coat with buckles, pinstriped trousers, a black button-up, and a crucifix around my neck to this fall festival. My make-up was, I'll admit, a bit dramatic (I had some scrollwork running down my face in eyeliner and blood-red lips). A little girl I know came up to me and said,"Stephanie, you make a cool vampyre!! I like your costume!!" I had to explain to her that those were everyday clothes I pulled from my wardrobe. It happens to the best of us! ^_^

And Depths of Space, that was one awesome outfit!
Christina_Death1334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 05:42 PM   #16
Crying_Crimson_Tears

When I asked my dad what I should be for Halloween he told me to be normal.

Exactly again, what is normal???

I don't believe in the word.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 05:43 PM   #17
Graveyard.Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555
I like the awkwardness and the weird stares. When it comes to people's reactions to my clothes, I can be such an attention whore, for lack of a better word..
at least you admit it.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:12 PM   #18
Christina_Death1334

I used to be an 'attention-whore' on the 8th grade. That was long ago. (Not really...) Now I just dress up once every few months.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:28 PM   #19
Graveyard.Crow

liking attention doesn't mean you'll whore for it, just means that if you DO get it, you don't hate it
Old 11-01-2007, 06:48 PM   #20
Christina_Death1334

No, i used to try to get attention via my appearance. I was one. But that was then, this is now! ^_^