Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 07-25-2010, 11:53 AM   #1
SomeoneNamedEmily

Hi, I'm someone named Emily.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
I hang out on the Internet (Tv Tropes Wiki has EATEN MY LIFE), tell other people how to use the English language, and try to improve my sewing skills. I beta my sister's fanfiction, 'cause I'm lame (or, depending on your opinion of fanfiction, awesome) like that.

2. Where are you from?
Suburban Clinton Township, Michigan, A.K.A The Middle of Nothing Very Interesting.

3. Who is your favorite author?
Probably Terry Pratchett.

4. What are your favorite films?
Not much of a film person.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
"Stuck With You" by Voltaire and Amanda Palmer. Parents who don't want their children to hear such language can just deal.

6. At your funeral?
I'm constructing an ever-changing list of happy, cheerful songs about death and dying.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
Laughing.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
The kind that's easy to get out of in the event of zombification.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
Right now I'm partial to a long black skirt with a black t-shirt and spider-shaped necklace and earrings. I haven't really had the time or the money to put together a wardrobe consisting of much besides off-the-rack black, with some grey skirts and jewel-tone t-shirts mixed in.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
Not having to go to school!

11. What's your favorite band?
Currently Voltaire. He's worth listening to for the gorgeous instrumentals alone; the witty lyrics are an added bonus. I've also been playing Emilie Autumn's Opheliac album for about a week nonstop.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
I'll be entering eleventh grade in the fall of 2010. I plan to turn my hobby of correcting other people's spelling and grammar into a career.

13. Why did you join?
I just got into the goth scene a few months ago. I thought this would be a great way to meet new people and find bands and authors.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
Last time I checked, female.

Hello! Some other stuff: Cheerful, geek, addicted to chocolate, lover of books, and player of both trumpet and French horn. The French horn is evil, people. There's a joke among its players that it's a divine instrument: man blows air into one end, but God only knows what comes out the other. Speaking of God, I'm a Catholic who tries to be open-minded and who would never, ever dream of trying to force my beliefs on anyone else. My turn-offs include people who try to force their beliefs on others (polite discussion is an entirely different matter, of course), people who feel the need to be rude, and the smell of chewing gum.
SomeoneNamedEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 12:40 PM   #2
Pickled

*in shock* Oh my gosh! Fanfiction, Voltaire, chocolate... Are you my long-lost twin that I'm pretty sure I don't have, being an only child!?
Pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 01:00 PM   #3
Li'l Miss Sticky Kiss

Now this is even more silly, since I joined on the 23rd of this month and I'm new as well.
"Geek"! Neat-o, I love a person that knows their way around a computer. Much luck.
Li'l Miss Sticky Kiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 01:06 PM   #4
Razeal18

welcome to this place. an oobliette for our thoughts. Lol i'm just fucking with ya . sounds like you'd be a good addition. just aslong as you're capable of being intelligent and mature in the conversation. you'll probubly make a lot of comments to me since i am a notoriouse grammer and spelling criminal. welcome
By thy shut soul's hypocrisy;
By the perfection of thine art
Which pass'd for human thine own heart;
By thy delight in others' pain,
And by thy brotherhood of Cain,
I call upon thee! and compel
Thyself to be thy proper Hell!

-Manfred by Lord Byron
Razeal18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 01:13 PM   #5
SomeoneNamedEmily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickled View Post
*in shock* Oh my gosh! Fanfiction, Voltaire, chocolate... Are you my long-lost twin that I'm pretty sure I don't have, being an only child!?
If you were born on 27 February, 1994, then probably yes. If you weren't, well, that's cool, too. Incidentally, what fandoms (fendom? Whatever.) do you read?
Old 07-29-2010, 02:37 PM   #6
Pickled

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneNamedEmily View Post
If you were born on 27 February, 1994, then probably yes. If you weren't, well, that's cool, too. Incidentally, what fandoms (fendom? Whatever.) do you read?
^_^" Erm, nope. 16 December 1997. Ah well, age is but a word or symbol, or a combination of words or symbols, used in counting or in noting a total. According to the third entry on dictionary.com for "number".

I usually read Invader Zim, but I've dabbled in Mabinogi, Fairly Odd Parents and Lion King fanfiction as well. I even read a three-way crossover once between Invader Zim, Harry Potter and Tales of Symphonia! What about you?
Pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 03:14 PM   #7
Alan

You are hilarious.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 03:35 PM   #8
JCC

I'm not sure whether the gloomy goths or cheerful goths are the worst. It creeps me out to see people so invigorated to be talking about their love of the dark and mysterious, at least the ones who take it too seriously don't give the impression of breaking character whereas the happy ones are verging on multiple personality disorder.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 03:57 PM   #9
Razeal18

yes because constant angst and having no enthusiasim is surley the way to be.
By thy shut soul's hypocrisy;
By the perfection of thine art
Which pass'd for human thine own heart;
By thy delight in others' pain,
And by thy brotherhood of Cain,
I call upon thee! and compel
Thyself to be thy proper Hell!

-Manfred by Lord Byron
Razeal18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 06:33 PM   #10
ape descendant

Heh heh, every time the word, oubliette, is used in conversation, a demon gets his horns.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 07:33 PM   #11
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickled View Post
^_^" Erm, nope. 16 December 1997. Ah well, age is but a word or symbol, or a combination of words or symbols, used in counting or in noting a total. According to the third entry on dictionary.com for "number".

I usually read Invader Zim, but I've dabbled in Mabinogi, Fairly Odd Parents and Lion King fanfiction as well. I even read a three-way crossover once between Invader Zim, Harry Potter and Tales of Symphonia! What about you?
I'm ancient...379 at last count.

Welcome to the boards. Good luck.
Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:47 PM   #12
SomeoneNamedEmily

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
I'm not sure whether the gloomy goths or cheerful goths are the worst. It creeps me out to see people so invigorated to be talking about their love of the dark and mysterious, at least the ones who take it too seriously don't give the impression of breaking character whereas the happy ones are verging on multiple personality disorder.
I just can't DO gloomy. I used to try, but it only lasted about five minutes each time. Eventually, I figured out that I'd be better off if I stopped trying to be AS! STEREOTYPICALLY! GOTH! AS! POSSIBLE! and started being myself, who happens to love smiling and laughing as well as skulls and bats.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:57 PM   #13
Sinjob

You seem pretty rad and down to teh earth. You'll definitely lighten up the mood 'round here. Welcome.
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote