Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 05-11-2009, 11:06 PM   #126
ArchLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian View Post
I don't think I've actually complained about your grammar. I've only complained about your stupid claims and arguments, such as your above implication that I only complain about grammar which prompted you to like a member who speaks "about something other than grammer" [sic]
I dont quite remember you complaining about it either, but then again, I wasnt refering to you when I said that either, I apologize for not being more specific.
ArchLich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:32 AM   #127
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchLich View Post
However sculptures/paintings/drawings/ect. arent really my thing
What is your thing (in relation to complex thinking or intelligence)? Programming?
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 04:39 AM   #128
maggot

I guess I did hit a sore spot.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:26 AM   #129
Stormtrooper of Death

*says something witty*
Old 05-12-2009, 10:09 AM   #130
ArchLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
What is your thing (in relation to complex thinking or intelligence)? Programming?
Well, since we're talking about art, my thing is music and literature, I write short stories and poems(but I havent written any lyrics in years), and I play guitar/do vocals.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:20 AM   #131
JCC

Literature? What's your favourite book? Go on, I'm already braced for rage.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:23 AM   #132
ArchLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
Literature? What's your favourite book? Go on, I'm already braced for rage.
I havent read a book since I was 16, by literature I meant my own writings. However I do recall reading Tommyknockers in highschool, was an interesting read.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:40 AM   #133
the-nihilist

They're going to flame you now.
the-nihilist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:50 AM   #134
JCC

Fucking hell, I was just expecting a shitty book, not an outright refusal to read.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:59 AM   #135
ArchLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
Fucking hell, I was just expecting a shitty book, not an outright refusal to read.
Ah well, guess u'll have to settle for asking a question because ur interested in the answer.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:02 PM   #136
Lady Christine

Quote:
I havent read a book since I was 16, by literature I meant my own writings. However I do recall reading Tommyknockers in highschool, was an interesting read.
... are you serious?
Lady Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:25 PM   #137
ArchLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Christine View Post
... are you serious?
Yes, I dont like reading alot. My everyday hobbies mostly include gaming and music, however on occasion I do write a poem here and there, the last short story I wrote was about 3 years ago.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:46 PM   #138
maggot

Then how the hell are you attracted to literature? You're full of shit; you just think it makes you sound smart to say you're into "literature."
Old 05-12-2009, 01:46 PM   #139
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
I'm seriously not trying to be an asshole, but it's pretty much impossible to write good original stuff well-made if you haven't read widely. Your poem was pretty poor and that's probably why.

If you like writing and are interested in creative pursuits generally, why don't you like reading? I'm genuinely curious here.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 02:29 PM   #140
ArchLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child View Post
I'm seriously not trying to be an asshole, but it's pretty much impossible to write good original stuff well-made if you haven't read widely. Your poem was pretty poor and that's probably why.

If you like writing and are interested in creative pursuits generally, why don't you like reading? I'm genuinely curious here.
Thats a valid question, and I really dont know how to answer it. But I guess I'm just lazy when it comes to books. If it sparks my interest, I'll read it. For example, I like reading fictional lore, like the Warcraft lore, I find it to be interesting. I guess saying "I dont like reading alot" was the wrong way to say it, I should say "I dont read alot", but I do "like" reading if I take a notion.

Now, if you asked me about some of the greatest authors in the world, or similiar, I probably wouldnt have a clue who they are, simply because I dont really care, my interest in literature is mainly using it as an outlet by writing my own stuff. Same with my music, I of course know alot of songs/artists, but to tell you the truth, 7 times out of 10 if I hear a song that I have heard several times, I usually dont even know who the artist is. I dont pay much attention to the technicalities of it, I just like the sound of a song, if that makes any sense.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:42 PM   #141
Raptor

Quote:
Well, since we're talking about art, my thing is music and literature, I write short stories and poems(but I havent written any lyrics in years), and I play guitar/do vocals.
I was just interested as to what your interests are, considering how sure of yourself you seem. Not just art, you didn't say what you considered to be your best area. What kind of music do you play?
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 06:24 PM   #142
ArchLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
I was just interested as to what your interests are, considering how sure of yourself you seem. Not just art, you didn't say what you considered to be your best area. What kind of music do you play?
On guitar, most of what I come up with could be considered main stream, speed metal, and death metal. Although I am a rhythm guitarist, so I dont do alot of picking. When it comes to vocals, I prefer singing grunge, metal, alternative, and goth metal.

Also another thing that should be pointed out is that I cannot read music. I read tabs but thats strictly string instruments of course. I play by ear.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:57 PM   #143
Lady Christine

Quote:
Yes, I dont like reading alot. My everyday hobbies mostly include gaming and music, however on occasion I do write a poem here and there, the last short story I wrote was about 3 years ago.
You should read more... like everyone says, it's impossible to get any better without seeing masters at work. I highly suggest books like 'Clockwork Orange' or 'The Count of Monte Cristo' go after classic titles, they tend to be that way for a reason.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:19 PM   #144
ArchLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Christine View Post
You should read more... like everyone says, it's impossible to get any better without seeing masters at work.
My mind is yet unrestrained by the bounds of other artists, therefore I am more original now than I could be if it were. Kinda like playing music by ear, my riffs are unbound by the parameters of the musical scale, therefore my music can be more than what other artist's could create. I am untainted by the perception of the masses, and I prefer it that way.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:58 PM   #145
Godslayer Jillian

You certainly believe you're the big shit. But we've seen your 'poetry.'
You're miserable. Some day you'll learn just how unimportant you are and you will grow up.

Oh wait, you're 30 already.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:21 PM   #146
maggot

The ego's already ingrained in his personality. Ugh.

I wonder what his job is?
Old 05-12-2009, 09:00 PM   #147
Lady Christine

Quote:
My mind is yet unrestrained by the bounds of other artists, therefore I am more original now than I could be if it were. Kinda like playing music by ear, my riffs are unbound by the parameters of the musical scale, therefore my music can be more than what other artist's could create. I am untainted by the perception of the masses, and I prefer it that way.
You cannot break the boundaries until you know what they are.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:07 PM   #148
ArchLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian View Post
You certainly believe you're the big shit. But we've seen your 'poetry.'
You're miserable. Some day you'll learn just how unimportant you are and you will grow up.

Oh wait, you're 30 already.
I dont think I'm "better" than anyone else. Everyone in my life whom has read that poem thought it was brilliant, you and every other asswipe on this forum whom has taken a stab at me are only saying its shitty because it would be inconvenient for your proposition if you were to admit that it was good, and I'm 25, not 30.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:33 PM   #149
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
I dont think I'm "better" than anyone else.
Quote:
therefore my music can be more than what other artist's could create.

QED, bitch. Fuck your hypocrisy.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:57 PM   #150
Saya

Quote:
I dont think I'm "better" than anyone else. Everyone in my life whom has read that poem thought it was brilliant, you and every other asswipe on this forum whom has taken a stab at me are only saying its shitty because it would be inconvenient for your proposition if you were to admit that it was good, and I'm 25, not 30.
You mean that poem that was like you're trying to be the goffic Lao Tzu? Yeah, dude, the problem with showing poetry to others in your life is a) chances are they aren't great critics and b) chances are they're going to try to be nice to you, at least to your face.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote