Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 03-13-2008, 01:35 PM   #1
KontanKarite

Run ins with Authroity?

Anyone got any stories with your run ins with the law or authority?

I haven't had many. Actually, most of mine happens because of the way I look.

I remember going back home from Italy and I was pulled out of the line and strip searched because the lady checking the tickets alerted security that I was a suspicious person. I found it kind of funny. They did that to me because I was wearing a brocade suit. But nevermind the guy looking for the cameras, scoping out the positions of security and what not.

Someone called the cops on my friends once because we looked like a gang of people beating each other with clubs. We had a thing for LARPing in random places where we probably shouldn't. Like the parking lots of grocery stores and such.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 01:46 PM   #2
Duane

Me and some friends broke windows at this supposedly haunted house, meh...

Hm, and one time I almost got arrested, expelled from school... because of a fucking rumor, I'll talk about that later.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:11 PM   #3
Solumina

All I have ever gotten was a few speeding tickets. Everything else I was able to avoid getting caught doing or bat my eyelashes and get out of it.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:41 PM   #4
Stormtrooper of Death

I've stayed clean so far, so nothing yet. Yes Solumina, batting your "eyelashes".
Old 03-13-2008, 07:03 PM   #5
Solumina

batting eyelashes, pushing up cleavage same thing, right?
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 07:10 PM   #6
Stormtrooper of Death

Correct madame.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:26 PM   #7
ForgetThisLostLenore

I've never been caught

But the closest bit I've had was with one of the awful campus cops. My friends and I decided it would be fun to draw on the concrete wall-thing outside in the front courtyard of the building. Well, about halfway through my doodle, I looked up and there he was, so I just pretended not to see him. My friends grabbed the Sharpie away, and finally he came out and they got sent to the AP for vandalizing school grounds. Not half as bad as some people I knew who got caught smoking weed and drinking. She ended up getting taken to the AP half-stoned and drunk.
ForgetThisLostLenore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 03:15 AM   #8
Drake Dun

I've had a loaded gun pointed more or less in my direction by a sheriff.

We were shooting cans and stuff in a place where we technically should not have been, to say nothing of shooting. Our guns were already back in the boxes and stuff, but they don't take chances when they know you're armed.

I also got picked up once (though again, not technically arrested) for trespassing. Friends and I got pretty well lost on this mountain, and some asshole who owned land up there called it in.
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 03:30 AM   #9
gothicusmaximus

When I was in high school, I actually had a serious problem with stealing- I'm pretty sure it developed from excessive stress or something. On a regular basis, I would steal a considerable wealth of material affects from various outlets, while the generally honest merchants who maintained those stores remained none the wiser. Despite having made off with books, cds, video games, and clothes on more than one occasion, I was eventually apprehended by mall security for stealing a single Jolly Rancher from "Dylan's Candy Bar".
I never stole again after that.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 04:15 AM   #10
blackwater1110

In high school, a friend convinced me to go along with him to fire paintballs from a slingshot at some of the neighborhood kids who had been attacking us lately. They got their wrist rockets and came towards our house, we fired at them, they fired back, we retreated into the house, they kept shooting and so did we, then we just stayed in the house, thinking they would go away. They didn't. One of the kids called his goliath brother over, who half-kicked to door in. My friend got scared and called the cops. My friend tried to say he never fired at them; I couldn't lie. Nobody pressed charges but we all had to pay to get the door fixed. Agreeing to help my friend was probably the stupidest thing I've ever done. I'm still surprised that I wasn't able to lie.
blackwater1110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 06:34 AM   #11
Smile

Well, starting from the time I was but a wee fifth-grader, I've had more run-ins than I care to keep track of (but perhaps I'll do a head count once I'm through). When I was in fifth grade, my childhood friend and I got busted for carving on the brick wall at school. When I was in 8th grade, a buddy and I sent an e-mail using another kid's account to the assistant principal calling him a neo-nazi and hitler/mussolini reincarnate (I forgot the exact wording--yes, it was stupid, but it felt...revolutionary at the time since so many kids at that school who didn't fit into the PTA-minivan driving-mom-and-quicksilver-uniform-donning category were bullied by that piece of work--including myself). I've been chased by mall security and school principals/assistant principals for pushing buttons I shouldn't have--in retrospect, I had a fondness for large red buttons behind clear plastic cages. I've been interrogated 3 times, one of which I was forced out of the shower of my own home and taken to an interrogation room where I was forced to amuse myself with cops' stupidity and glaringly obvious facades they use to hide that fact for 4+ hours. No run-ins lately though, but I highly doubt my "last" will truly be my last!

92% of kids in America turned to rap.
8% stayed true to rock
If you are part of the 8%, put this in your signature.
Smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 07:04 AM   #12
I_shit_bats

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwater1110
In high school, a friend convinced me to go along with him to fire paintballs from a slingshot at some of the neighborhood kids who had been attacking us lately. They got their wrist rockets and came towards our house, we fired at them, they fired back, we retreated into the house, they kept shooting and so did we, then we just stayed in the house, thinking they would go away. They didn't. One of the kids called his goliath brother over, who half-kicked to door in. My friend got scared and called the cops. My friend tried to say he never fired at them; I couldn't lie. Nobody pressed charges but we all had to pay to get the door fixed. Agreeing to help my friend was probably the stupidest thing I've ever done. I'm still surprised that I wasn't able to lie.
dude you two should have tag teamed that big brother and beat the living fuck outta him
I_shit_bats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 07:13 AM   #13
I_shit_bats

Hmmm. theres a dollar movie place behind our mall and we had bought tickets me my girlfriend andm y bro to see tha gay stick it movie *dont worry it was a joke* anyways we didnt want to pay the outrageous price they offered for shitty popcorn and softdrinks (thats how these fucks made there money) so we galavanted to the mall which was near closing to buy some drinks we had a half hour and there were several more older people shopping when the security asked us to leave i commented on all he old farts and even the man with the turben being there as well *who youd think would recieve more shit from a 5'0" tall racist rent-a-cop peice of shit but i guess its not the case) i guess they like to target any one our of the norm and i had my hair died and shved wierd at the time and my bro had a mohawk so im guessing hes was just being a stereotyping peice of shit well he chased us out or more hurried us along and when we reached the door i tried to slam it(now keep in mind these doors cannot be slammed they have those slow down things on them and screamed FUCK OFF! he gets up in my face being a good foot shorter than me whose only 5'6" at the time and tries to get me to fight him im like watever man hes chases us off mall property or what he says is donst let us go back to our movie whatevei say so i called my parents for a ride now were at the edge of a four lane street this mother fucking shit whore comes back over and instructs us to run across no i said * i mean theres no fucking crossing here heres not even a red light i mean what the fuck lckily my rents arrive and my mom shoves his grimy little words right back down his throat i wondered why my pops didnt get out and iguess its cause he wanted to punch the mother fucker so yea anyways it was a shitty say and that asshole got what he deserved because i think he was fired for racism he can burn in hell! amen!
Old 03-15-2008, 07:28 AM   #14
I_shit_bats

another time me and my budd ystumbled into a broken no parking sign covered in dirt hald buried so we take it im waering shorts converse chucks suspenders *no shirt and sporting a mohawk i see a state cop on my little tiny back woods road are you fucking kidding me i drop it and bolt trying to look like an nonchalante jogger wow was i ever stupid me running gave him suspicions to follow that im guessing freak with the mohawk now my stupid ass friend his under our asshole neigbors tree while i jogged to my grandmothers house whos had to deal with the cops on numerous occasions while raising my father the cop pulls in and i know its coming my buddy gets drug over by the neigbor now this is a stereotypical diapers wearing flooded pants state cop if i ever saw one and yay hes a prick too! so he starts asking me my parents number i tell him and then throw in a little we have verizon sir lol and he says so youre graduated right im like woa no im a junior in highschool and im still 16 (which i was) so he knew he didnt have me charged as an adult so we walked up to my grandmothers as im keeping my cool my bitch of a friend is groveling stating hes never been in trouble before oo noo! bitch! anyways the cop starts telling my grandmother he witnessed us uprooting a couple of signs o k last i knew it was one sign it was broken and buried in dirt and the cop didnt even see us find the sign only when we dropped it im like please dont lie to my grandmother sir he says was i talking to you im like no but youre lying to her and you didnt see u sand it was broken off etc. so he takes her outside to talk to her alone *my grandmother knows me to be honest anyways so im not worried when my bro and his friend barandon come out saying they saw the whole thing from thepoint when i was being interrogated till now and how i looked like a hardass standing there etc. LOL anyways they start being real loud like wheres the flood and hes wearing diapers or some shit so we have to try and ocntain our laughter any ways he says hell be back later to speak to my parents andecide a punishment the only puishment im worrie about is my parents my mom just got me the xbox360 i never get the new sysytems when everyone else does and im psyched so im like shit well i guess he told my buddys rents that he was well behaved an a good law-fearing sitezin claiming the other one( i.e me) was cocky lol whatever bacon anyways my dad had a discussio with the cop and it was resolved luckily the state didnt press charges and me and my dad put the sign back where we found it we went back to see it and it was gone so some assmunhc probably working for the state came back and got it so my parents were pissed but everything ended up alright
Old 03-15-2008, 12:59 PM   #15
Corpsey

SORE EYES. Shit.... learn to paragraph your words, buddy.

Never been caught yet. Never done anything major. I've fired various different rifles and weapons but never had one pointed at me.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 01:16 PM   #16
childe

Only once, thankfully. I was arrested for assault, but they decided not to press charges given the mitigating circumstances.
childe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 01:20 PM   #17
Beneath the Shadows

One time when I was living on the streets of New Orleans. I was hanging out with four other people. We were all heading to the French Quarter to try to make some money. Well, one of the guys that I was with had just got into town, so he had all his gear on his back. So we went by one of the other guys' squat so the new guy could drop his gear off. After he came back, we kept walking. Suddenly about a dozen officers surrounded us with guns drawn. And it wasn't just New Orleans police. There were also FBI and DEA agents. Apparently, they thought that the house the one guy used as a squat was a drug house, and the guy who ran in to drop off his gear was picking up drugs to deliver somewhere. Basically, they thought we were drug mules.

Fun stuff.

Fortunately, all they found was a weed pipe.

But we did get a laugh out of it. One of us had a skateboard. So, while we're waiting around for them to run our names, one of the cops tries to do a kickflip... and falls flat on his ass.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 10:35 PM   #18
LaBelleDameSansMerci

The only run-in with police I've had was when I was in New York and had to ask for directions to the MoMA. Turns out it was on 5th Avenue, instead of 11th.
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 10:42 PM   #19
ionic_angel

Well, I once didn't have my registration sticker on my car. I left it in my glove box until I got pulled over.

Yeah, I'm pretty law-abiding. Too much trouble not to be.
ionic_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 11:18 PM   #20
raggedyanne

Ugh. I was walking home from school and "looked suspicious." Looking back, I could have handled the situation better. But according to a friend who was with me, the lecture I gave to the officer on bothering law abiding citizens who were tired, hungry, and harmless was worth the warning for "disturbing the peace"; guess he didn't like my boots.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 11:55 PM   #21
LaBelleDameSansMerci

Raggedy, that's hillarious. I hope that if I ever get stopped for "looking suspicious," that I have the guts/mood to give the officer a lecture...
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 12:04 AM   #22
ionic_angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedyanne
Ugh. I was walking home from school and "looked suspicious." Looking back, I could have handled the situation better. But according to a friend who was with me, the lecture I gave to the officer on bothering law abiding citizens who were tired, hungry, and harmless was worth the warning for "disturbing the peace"; guess he didn't like my boots.
You know what? That's awesome. The police around here do NOT have enough to do - not that I'm wishing for an upswing in crime! - but they go zipping around at all hours, tailgating you, etc. Very annoying.
ionic_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 09:42 PM   #23
Opteron_Man

We all have a past. Some have worse ones than others.

What's important is NOW, and what you do to make tomorrow better.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote