Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 04-18-2008, 08:08 AM   #1
Smile

The Gothic Post-Apocalypse Caravan

This is a rip-off of Resident Evil Extinction, but I just couldn't help wondering what a Gothic version of the caravan in the movie would be like. For those of you who haven't watched the film, here's the backdrop:

The world is but a barren wasteland and zombies have shuffled, crawled and eaten their way into every crevice of the Earth. The few survivors of Earth, or perhaps a better name would be Hell, have learned quickly that the only way to escape the zombies' ever-gnawing fetid jaws is to keep on the open road.

So what would you bring? What precautions would you take? How would you Gothitize your posse?

92% of kids in America turned to rap.
8% stayed true to rock
If you are part of the 8%, put this in your signature.
Smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:54 PM   #2
KontanKarite

In the event of surviving a zombie apoc, I would simply go with nothing but functionality, ease of use, and maneuverability. There would be a mobile greenhouse, we'd set up encampments in mountainous regions where it would be hard for zombies to get us.

We would stay on the open road for the most part. It's quite logical. The idea is to fight when you can, never let yourself get cornered. Never try to take up a defensive position. You will run out of ammo long before the zombies ever tire, so run, run, run.

Also, the more rural you go, the harder it will be for zombies to find you, so eventually, you could hope that they starve to death. Cities are pretty much a bad idea all together. Stick to small towns and the outskirts of major cities.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:09 PM   #3
ForgetThisLostLenore

Yeah, don't stick around the middle of New York.

I would probably go for the anti-zombie bus in Dawn of the Dead (the newer one), except screw the whole chainsaw-in-moving-vehicle idea. Probably stock up on extra gas and canned veggies, beef jerky, water. I don't think I'd exactly gothify my anti-zombie mobile though. I believe the rotting corpses in the wheels would be enough XD.
ForgetThisLostLenore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:43 AM   #4
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Let nature defend you: make camp in the middle of alligator infested swamp in Louisiana, so you have plenty of water (and alligator stew!) or in the middle of the African veldt where the lions, cheetahs and what not would devour the zombies.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:34 AM   #5
Bete Noire

I'd keep on the move I think. Carry as little as possible, go somewhere remote, like the highlands of scotland or (assuming I could get abroad) up north in europe.

I'd have to take my bow with me, and probably my javelin, and all my knives. And my swords. I'm sure they'd be useful.
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:50 AM   #6
Murasaki eyeliner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
Let nature defend you: make camp in the middle of alligator infested swamp in Louisiana, so you have plenty of water (and alligator stew!) or in the middle of the African veldt where the lions, cheetahs and what not would devour the zombies.

good idea but the problom is that firstly the zombies would just walk/shuffle through the swamp and the animals that ate the zombies would become zombified themselves lol , zombie aligator muffins anyone?.

myself i would load up the truck with survival essentials food ,water ,dresden dolls cd,best mates and hot boys (well it is gonna be a long trip) change into my leather jacket+trousers+gloves (black of course) and get my hands on the biggest knife/gun i could find . then id head for a remote castle cos u can't beat meter thick walls for keeping out the walking corpses that want to liquidise your brains (also known as talk show hosts).

oh and if anyone is interested i think someone made a book about how to survie a zombie attack,ive read it and its dead good

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before."
-Mae West
Murasaki eyeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:51 AM   #7
DeathToLems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bete Noire
I'd keep on the move I think. Carry as little as possible, go somewhere remote, like the highlands of scotland or (assuming I could get abroad) up north in europe.

I'd have to take my bow with me, and probably my javelin, and all my knives. And my swords. I'm sure they'd be useful.
I thought you said "carry as little as possible"?
DeathToLems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:55 AM   #8
Stormtrooper of Death

I'd take the following:

1. A Soviet made AK-47, with 8 extra 30 round magazines
2. Small amount of tools
3. Dried foodstuffs
4. Colt M1911 .45 caliber pistol, with 5 extra magazines
5. Boltcutters

Murasaki eyeliner: You said you would be in need of hot boys, mind if I tag along?
Old 04-27-2008, 12:06 PM   #9
Murasaki eyeliner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death

Murasaki eyeliner: You said you would be in need of hot boys, mind if I tag along?
mind? hell your coming wether u like it or not

-Mae West
Old 04-27-2008, 12:07 PM   #10
Stormtrooper of Death

Fucking yeah! I'll be there right away!
Old 04-27-2008, 12:09 PM   #11
Murasaki eyeliner

i'll grab the machette

-Mae West
Old 04-27-2008, 12:48 PM   #12
ThreeEyesOni

Step One: Read "Zombie Survival Guide"
Step Two: Read "World War Z"
Step Three: *varies*

World War Z does a nice job of covering what could happen in a situation like that. Basically you have a better than 9 out of 10 chance of being totally screwed, and are arguably better of placing a bullet into your head at very high speeds.

I actually have a "Zombie Flow Chart" of my own making on the fridge. >_>;
ThreeEyesOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:45 PM   #13
Sleazy_Spade

I saw the zombie survival guide in the bookstore. I was contemplating whether it was written with a serious tone or not. It could have been meant just as interesting reading or for some sort of dice base RPG. But it is still quite hilarious.

As for me, Id go with a defensive position. Something like Alcatraz or some other Maximum security/federal institution. And Screw the firearms. You Will run out of bullets unless you take the time to find someone that knows enough chemistry to make modern gunpower....and the resources. Id set up something along the lines of big ballistae on the walls of the prison and just fire harpoons at them with chains on the end so you can reel it back in. Works just as well if you use a big enough harpoon, and is muscle powered. I mean, as was pointed out earlier with the castle idea, Zombies are slow and persistant, they dont have much in the way of physical strength. I dont think they will be breaking down any large cement walls if you keep them in working order. same with the gates. Though I might replace those with steel or something so its not just chainlink.

Dig a moat around the outside of the place if its not isolated like the alcatraz example and wait til it fills with dead zombies and they dry out a little then light them on fire. Flaming moat > Zombies. Gotta watch out for plague that way though.

Gotta think dark ages weaponry for the most part, unless you have chemical knowledge and access to resources.
Sleazy_Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:07 PM   #14
Duane

1. My great ax of rock*holds up a Flying V guitar*
2. A bunker with a few decades worth of food, large supply of ammo, weaponry, plenty of room for fellow non-zombies, the necissities.
3. Hm... an army of reprogramed T-X's from Terminator 3...
4. ...Hm... and Blade
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:14 PM   #15
Bete Noire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathToLems
I thought you said "carry as little as possible"?
The second half of my post was mostly joking. I would take my bow and as many arrows as I could find though.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:36 PM   #16
KontanKarite

We should actually have a zombie role play on this forum. Anyone up for being the game master?

Obviously, it'd be more story telling on our own parts as to how we live and survive. Maybe some of us would run into each other on the way.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 05:34 PM   #17
ThreeEyesOni

There actually is a zombie rpg, for anyone not aware: All Flesh Must Be Eaten [AFMBE].

I'm checking to see if they still have a free version of it somewhere... I thought that there was...
Old 04-27-2008, 05:41 PM   #18
ThreeEyesOni

Here is a demo, but I think the free copy was a short term deal. It's out of print at the company.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:04 PM   #19
DeathToLems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bete Noire
The second half of my post was mostly joking. I would take my bow and as many arrows as I could find though.
Oh... you was joking? That's a shame..v_V I was hoping to be your sword caddy.
I like attractive well made shiny sharp things *giggles*
DeathToLems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:14 AM   #20
Solumina

Are we talking the old-school, mostly useless on their own but mostly seen in large pacts type or new-school angry as fuck and able to rip you apart type? Cuz those call for very different strategies
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 02:21 AM   #21
Wednesday Friday Addams

Hey guys be nice.. Zombies will accept anyone to their horde. Equal opportunity for everyone!!
Wednesday Friday Addams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:44 AM   #22
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smile
How would you Gothitize your posse?
Is that really what's important in that situation?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:07 AM   #23
Murasaki eyeliner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Is that really what's important in that situation?

well how else are you gonna stand out from the rest of those band of fleeing people, alternatly led by a computer programmed Lewis Carroll chracter in a red dress or a hotdog?

-Mae West
Old 04-29-2008, 09:13 AM   #24
Bete Noire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathToLems
Oh... you was joking? That's a shame..v_V I was hoping to be your sword caddy.
I like attractive well made shiny sharp things *giggles*
Haha You are welcome to be my sword caddie any time you like:P I don't know about well made though, I suppose they were once, but they are rather old.

They'd do for zombie=stabbing though
Old 05-03-2008, 02:35 AM   #25
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain

Yeah, but wouldn't the alligators and or cheetahs be infected like the crows got infect by eating zombie flesh? Zombie alligators and cheetahs would seem a bit harder to deal with than just zombies.

More importantly, they were in the desert in the movie, and it didn't help at all.

I would think going to say far north, where it freezes the body if you go outside without protection would be the place to go - I mean zombies can't move and viruses can't spread if they are frozen solid.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote