Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 11-08-2005, 10:08 AM   #1
GothicBlackrose

Unhappy plz help me

I am so depressed rite now coz everytime something good comes in my life its ruined by them or other people i fuckin can't b happy in this life CAN I im so sick of everything ive already been cuttin my wrists next thing i will probally do is swall the pills can someone plz help me i don't know wot to do its so hard to explain its not just bout bein happy its EVERYTHING
blackrose
GothicBlackrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 11:13 AM   #2
tenet_2012

I can't read this.

Learn to either type or spell please.

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 12:12 PM   #3
tenet_2012

I kind of have the Tom Cruise's view on psychiatry.

I tried it once but all they did was put me on a some pills. The pills were worse. They never really helped.

Try psychology. Psychologists(sp?) listen to you and make suggestions, thats all. Sometimes it helps to have a real person listen to you and pretend that they actually care.

That is just my advice.

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 02:57 PM   #4
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothicBlackrose
ive already been cuttin my wrists next thing i will probally do is swall the pills can someone plz help me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Props to the newb for finding the "Whining" section!

HAHAHAHAHAH that's classic!
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 02:59 PM   #5
MrMaelstrom

I'll help: it will pass. Do something usefull as well as distracting: read a book www.litrix.com for free.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:10 PM   #6
ExistentialDisorder

I don't believe in psychiatry. It's just another way for them to peddle their dope. It doesn't matter what your problem is, they have a pill to fix it. It doesn't fix shit, all it does is numb it out and make you unaware. And a psychologist only cares for as long as you keep signing the checks. The best medication and psychiatry in the world is to deal with your own pain and learn how to channel it into something creative and productive.

I was going to post a much longer response to this, my recipe for escape, as I call it, explaining why cutting your wrists or swallowing pills alone won't accomplish anything if you're really trying to off yourself, but it was rather harsh and would probably not have sat well with many. So I'll cut the first part off and go with the second...

Otherwise, deal with life kid. It comes with no guarantees or instruction manuals and nobody promised it'd be easy or fun. You don't have anybody to blame for your misfortune and heartache but yourself. Experience in dealing with other people will teach you that no one is ever trustworthy (to include even your own self at times) and the only reason they have anything to do with you at all is due to their own selfish motives. Everything else is a lie. Some people are just better at lying than others. If you never learn another thing for the rest of your life, at least learn that. And because you allowed them to get inside and deceive you, makes your frustrations and heartache your own fault. Don't worry, everybody's done it at some point or another. So channel your energies and emotional pain into something creative like art or writing or music. Whatever works for you. For those that screw you over, learn to beat them at their own game and screw them first. Don't believe the lies that others tell you, because regardless of what it is, its still a lie. If you follow that one rule, as I have for several years now, you'll find its all a hell of a lot easier to deal with. Remember, nice guys don't win ball games.

And if all that doesn't work, well, you've always got the above recipe.

Cheerio.

"What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection
Is it all you wanted to be?
What if you could look right through the cracks?
Would you find yourself [or]
Find yourself afraid to see?..." -NIN
ExistentialDisorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 09:29 PM   #7
Scythan

Clinical depression is a chemical imbalance, which can be corrected by taking pills for that purpose. The pills do not "numb it out and make you unaware"; they are given to try to fix a problem that is not the individual's fault.

Most psychiatrists do care, but do you think that they could last long at their job by worrying over every patient in his/her free time? What about when the patient stops coming for sessions? I don't think many people could handle that much excess stress. They are there to help the patient, and they can't do that if they don't keep some sort of emotional distance. That does not mean they don't care.
Scythan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 09:45 PM   #8
ExistentialDisorder

ok. you keep believing that scythan. I'm sure you'll keep their pocketbooks happy.

Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?
Old 11-08-2005, 09:48 PM   #9
rockandrose

Depression is best dealt by searching that *something* which will help you in getting better. Psychiatry treatment is not for everyone. Medication is not for everyone. Medication may assist in treating one person's depression but that doesn't mean it will apply for the rest of those who are suffering from depression. Self-help would be a better method of treating depression, compared to seeking professional help. But there are cases, where a person may be suffering too severely or whatever to even help themselves.

I'm sure everyone in this world has at least been depressed once. Everyone has problems. Everyone suffers. There is no point in whinning all day and night. Do something about your problem. The people around you can only help you to an extent. No one can put in every once of effort to help cure you without you putting in the effort.

Anything can be fixed. Nothing is impossible. Depression is only reaching its peak because you think it is.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:58 PM   #10
Scythan

You can be in the best situation possible but still be depressed. I'm sure a lot of people would love to be able to "will" their chemical imbalance away. I'm not talking about the "my boyfriend just broke up with me and now I'm going to kill myself" depression. Clinical depression is an actual medical problem. Fixing things that depress you while you have this chemical imbalance will not change anything; you will just be depressed by other things or life in general. Many people grow out of it because the cause disappears. Some have to live with it for many years. Clinical Depression is treatable, and nothing to be laughed at or de-emphasized.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:21 PM   #11
rockandrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythan
Many people grow out of it because the cause disappears. Some have to live with it for many years.
You cannot grow out of depression because as you said the 'cause' disappears. The cause doesn't decide to sleep and wake up whenever it wants to.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:24 PM   #12
Scythan

When I said "the cause", I meant the root cause, ie. the chemical imbalance. Not the change of external stimuli. Sorry if I was vague; I was talking about clinical depression. Sometimes the imbalance corrects itself, but you cannot "will" it to happen. Often clinical depression has it's onset at puberty, as there are many changes in hormones and development. As the body changes, the imbalance may disappear.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:28 PM   #13
rockandrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythan
Clinical depression is a chemical imbalance, which can be corrected by taking pills for that purpose. The pills do not "numb it out and make you unaware"; they are given to try to fix a problem that is not the individual's fault.

Most psychiatrists do care, but do you think that they could last long at their job by worrying over every patient in his/her free time? What about when the patient stops coming for sessions? I don't think many people could handle that much excess stress. They are there to help the patient, and they can't do that if they don't keep some sort of emotional distance. That does not mean they don't care.
Medication doesn't necessarily treat the problem. Drug companies do sell prescribed drugs not just for patients but to make money. You think the drug companies care a damn that theres millions of people suffering from clinical depression? They care more about making money. There is always side effects in medication. A personal with an imbalance in their brain is not as simple as just prescibing a BIG bottle of anti-depressant pills.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:34 PM   #14
Scythan

It is true that there are usually side effects for medication. It is, however, something that should be taken into account when thinking about taking that step. Is it worth it to have nausea and stomach cramps (or whatever) and have a 90% chance of your depression being cured? That is for the individual to decide. If one drug does not work as well as another, or has worse side effects, it gets prescribed less. Medical drugs are getting more refined as we keep testing and studying their effects. Companies can only make money for as long as their product sells. And to do that, it needs to work, and better than the other drugs offered.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:50 PM   #15
rockandrose

There is no drug that can 'completely' cure clinical depression, unless you can prove me wrong which I doubt unlikely. A drug may assist in controlling the the chemical imbalance or temporarily help the person in some way. But drugs isn't the answer.

There is no accurate treatment to clinical depression.

A person's lifestyle is also important in treating a person's health. Whilst, the professionals can assist in counselling and prescribing drugs, a person's lifestyle needs to be looked at as well.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:01 PM   #16
ExistentialDisorder

the depression that BR seems to be referring to sounds more social than chemical. but as for chemical, everybody has some sort of chemical imbalance. that is a big part of what makes up our personalities. those drugs don't fix anything. all they do is flatline you, so that you think and feel nothing. no emotions good or bad affect you. you go through the motions of existence, not living. there is a huge difference. you wake and sleep, eat and breathe. they usually make people more responsible and able to handle daily monotony better. so sure, that's a plus. but the price you pay for it is your ability to experience anything on any emotional level. so you might as well be dead. its clinical suicide. at least mentally. and on top of that most are so damned addictive that before they actually start "working" you're hooked, so once you're "better", (according to the expert and oh-so caring psychiatrists/psychologist or whatever shrink that happens to be mind-****** you has decided), you then have to ween yourself off of the stuff. and most of the time the "imbalance" eventually comes back, so you're back to square one. because let's be honest folks, there's no money in the cure. its all in the come-back. I'd much rather be a heroine addict or meth junkie. at least those drugs don't lie.

the best way to deal with depression is to embrace it. find the romance in it and learn to use it as a tool. experience life through it. too many people too much of the time go through life with rose-tinted glasses, convincing themselves the world is beautiful and life is a gift. bullshit. people like that disgust me, because they're blind, and ignorant of the cold, hard fact that the world and life is harsh and short-lived. life is what you make of it, nothing more. if you can find the beauty in it, then you've found an easier way to live. just make sure that what you're seeing is with your own eyes and not through those glasses. on top of that, who the hell has the right to decide or try to convince you that you should keep on living if you don't want it anymore? Nobody. It's not their business or their life. I use to be that way. When various friends or people I knew started talking "negatively" and hinting at things like suicide, or even just down-right saying they were contemplating it, I would try to convince them otherwise. Then somewhere along the way I woke up and realized its not my place - or anybody elses - to try and discourage them. Help them make the decision, if they ask for it, and keep a completely neutral possition on it, but don't talk them out of it. That's the most selfish thing you could ever do. Because it comes down to this - nobody gives a god damned iota about who you are, what you're doing, where you came from, where you're going or when you'll die. and anybody that tries to claim they do is your enemy. they want something from you, whether its money, possessions, whatever. something. nobody is wholely selfless, because selflessness is nothing more than a romantic notion the best of the liars came up with. selflessness is not a quality that any human being is capable of posessing.

If you want your life to be interesting then its your responsibility to make it interesting, to give yourself motivation and inspiration to carry on another day, or week or month, etc. no one can do that for you. and when the time comes that you've finally experienced all you care to experience, then pick up the blade, swallow the pills and drift away. or go talk to a shrink. cause in the end either option has virtually the same result, one's just a little less expensive.

Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?
Old 11-08-2005, 11:11 PM   #17
Scythan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockandrose
There is no accurate treatment to clinical depression.
I hope you don't believe that. I was diagnosed with clinical depression a couple years ago, and took Paxil. That didn't work well for me, so I switched to Fluoxetine. That helped immensely. After over a year, I decided to stop taking it, and I slowly became depressed again over a few months. I started taking it again, and the symptoms of depression again disappeared.

Some brands of medication do not do so well with certain people, but there are many types out there. I know firsthand the benefits of antidepressants, and they are in no way illusory or minor. If there is an imbalance as the natural state for the individual, then of course antidepressants are not a final solution. Often they are taken during the time around puberty when the person is suffering through depression, and treatment voluntarily ends when he/she feels that it is no longer needed, after a certain length of time. Then the individual may discover that the need for antidepressants has disappeared. If he/she hadn't taken antidepressants during that period, it is more likely that he/she would have committed suicide or done something destructive.

It has been proven that exercise and a change in diet can help reduce depression; sometimes the imbalance is caused by the lack of one or both of these. If the imbalance is present when the individual is in otherwise perfect health, changes in lifestyle do not make as much of an impact as reversing the problem at it's source (the imbalance itself).

ExistentialDisorder: Healthy individuals do not have a chemical imbalance. "Imbalance" suggests something that is not favorable. If someone has a chemical imbalance that affects their behavior, they are not acting logically. When you are depressed, you may think something and come to a wholly different solution than one you would come up with otherwise (in a non-depressed state). If you were to assist a depressed person with suicide, you are doing no one a favor; least of all the depressed one.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:15 PM   #18
rockandrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExistentialDisorder
If you want your life to be interesting then its your responsibility to make it interesting, to give yourself motivation and inspiration to carry on another day, or week or month, etc. no one can do that for you.
I can see a pot of gold!
Old 11-08-2005, 11:24 PM   #19
rockandrose

"There is no accurate treatment to clinical depression."

Let me elaborate for any misunderstandings. Naturally, one would think that clinical depression is treatable, however there is no 'accurate treatment'. Every single person suffering from clinical depression can't be treated the same way in order to assist in the cure of the disease. Paxil may not have worked for you but it may help cure someone else with the same medical condition you had.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:24 PM   #20
Scythan

Actually, the main symptoms of clinical depression are senses of hopelessness and helplessness. If someone is suffering from severe depression, he/she is unable to be motivated or inspired, and is not capable of doing this for his/herself. The only solutions some of these people see are medication or suicide. At that point, there really is nothing that the individual can do to pull out of the depression.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:28 PM   #21
Scythan

As I had mentioned earlier (but maybe less clearly), antidepressants do not have any lasting effect once they are not being taken. They are primarily used for either someone who is having severe depression in order to let them enjoy life and to not do something regrettable(and who likely will grow out of the depression), or someone who faces a potential lifetime of depression, and takes pills to keep it in check.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:36 PM   #22
ExistentialDisorder

discussing the options, or weighing the pros and cons of it, with someone who appears to be depressed or suicidal has nothing to do with assisting in suicide. assistance would be talking them into it, or helping them acheive the goal. that's completely different than discussing it neutrally.

i've dealt with bouts of depression since my early teens. some rather severe, to the point that all i did was lay in bed for days on end. suicide has crossed my mind countless times over the last two decades. (i'm 31). even now it probably comes up in thought at least a few times a week. but i don't let it control me. i acknowledge it, and entertain it once in a while. some days are much worse than others. but psychiatry was never an option i would allow myself. i've seen a psychiatrist exactly one time through all of it, and the only reason i did then was because i was goaded into it by the person i was living with at the time. after one 30 minute session where said psychaitrist kept asking me what my relationship with my father was like, he wanted to put me on prozac. that is their answer for everything. of course i was suppose to have a consultation with another "doctor" before confirming the need for a drug, which i refused. i gained nothing from that experience but embarasment, and an extremely nasty argument later on that evening. surprisingly enough, once that relationship ended I was much happier and emotionally stable. that was eight years ago.

everybody's brain is different. no two chemical make-ups are the same. different chemistry creates different personalities, some much more extreme than others. perhaps imbalance is not the right word to use. but that doesn't make us mentally unhealthy. unless you think everybody should pretty much think and act the same. which looking at society today, especially american society, is virtually the case already.

Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?
Old 11-08-2005, 11:55 PM   #23
Scythan

If you know someone who is planning on suicide, or thinking seriously about it, then you have the option to help them. People don't think clearly if depressed.

When I was depressed, my personality didn't change. My mood changed. Because I was feeling like crap almost all the time, everything seemed hopeless and I contemplated suicide. When I took antidepressants that worked for me, I had an entirely different outlook on life. This is because I was not hampered by the effects of depression. Antidepressants do not create robots out of people; they stabilize abnormal chemical balances.

It is true that everyone's brain is different. However, the basic rules and premises are the same with everyone. Such-and-such a chemical does something the exact same way between individuals. If someone has less of a chemical than is optimal, we have drugs that can correct this.

If the depression is from social reasons, the best way to deal with it would be to wait it out and talk about it if the problem can't be corrected. Some people with clinical depression decide to do this; sometimes it gets better, sometimes not. In your case the problem had corrected itself, be it social or clinical in nature. Some people are not as lucky as those in which this happens.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:13 AM   #24
rockandrose

Clinical depression is not just based on a 'chemical imbalance' but also 'hormonal imbalance'.

Clinical depression needs to be treated mentally and physically, by doing so you are treating the cause. A clinical depressed person cannot be completely cured of this medical condition, if say she is only mentally treated.

Clinical depression is not a simple medical condition.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:35 AM   #25
GothicBlackrose

Thank you for helping me to some people I got to look towards the future and it will probally get better, so thank you to the nice people who helped me.
GothicBlackrose is offline   Reply With Quote