Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 07-03-2010, 05:07 PM   #1
JCC.

Lightbulb Why no one gives a fuck that Vlh hates emo people.

First off, thirteen posts, and you post a thread in "Whining"? What the fuck is it with people? Why the God damn do people only just here make most of their first few threads in this section? It's beyond a joke! Not only that, but to make it about "Emo people"? You're not just flogging a dead horse, you're bringing it back to life only to make it kill itself by posting threads in the "Whining" section of its forum. Then you flog it, just because.

Then, there's the post.

"I hate Emo people at the moment."

What? Who cares? What did they do to you? Jesus fucking Christ, guy.

"Not because they're Emo, but because most people I know confuse Emo with Goth without understanding either subculture."

???????? So, you hate "Emo people" because OTHER PEOPLE CONFUSE YOU FOR EMO?!? I hate you, because I'm confused about the difference between you and that retarded guy who follows me around Tesco.

"I don't dress Emo (Demonia boots are Emo now)"

Question: Are you some sort of trend monkey hipster asshole? Do you wear Demonia boots? If you do, by your definition, you are emo. Which means you hate yourself, which makes you SUPER emo.

"I don't listen to Emo music (much... I have one My Chemical Romance CD)"

Whut? This doesn't make sense. I don't listen to funk. Much. I have one George Formby vinyl and a stack of empty Red Bull cans. Related, do you expect everyone on Earth to inspect your music collection to make an assessment of whether or not you are an "Emo person"? You would freely let people into your house for such a cause? How do your parents feel about this?

"I don't whine about being depressed or lonely. Actually, I don't hate Emos so much as my friends are ignorant jerks."

Well, that's that question answered. I imagine your parents are just happy you have friends and not people who wedgie you every given moment. Or do they? You surround yourself with people you hate? Are you Fox Mulder? What the fuck? And for a guy who doesn't whine about being depressed, you sure enjoy posting threads in the "Whining" section. If you have friends that are ignorant jerks, you're better off lonely, Fox.

"Now I am sad."

Further proof you are an "Emo person."

"Sorry if I offended anyone with the thread title."

AND THEN YOU APOLOGISE?!?!? Why BOTHER?! Why even make this thread? Why post it? If you're worried you'd offend people, why be so black about it and not change it, you Jew?
JCC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 01:40 AM   #2
Daywalker

Thumbs up

Thank you for this post, it was my entertainment for tonight.
Daywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 05:29 AM   #3
Catch

EMO has become a marketing product... nothing more and the people at the core of the movement are to weak to do anything about it.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:17 PM   #4
Vlh

Like I said in my thread, actually just read it if anyone cares. Also, why did you make a thread to bitch about me bitching in a board for bitching? And please, could you give me a list of proper post counts before I can make a thread? Broken down by topic, word count and emoticons used would be helpful.
Vlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:28 PM   #5
JCC.

Exclamation

Around 90% of people who jst sign up tend to make this their second if not first section to post a thread. These threads can be broken into five catagories:

1) I am Goth so what?
2) I am not emo / I hate emo people.
3) My parents don't understand me (Or a variation of)
4) My school is lame (Or a variation of)
5) I am so depressed.

The reasons this is fucking dumb is because, we don't know you, and don't give a fuck. Not to be a dick, but this shit has been said so many fucking times my balls ache. A large post count is not necessary, but is a simple way of guessing at your input to the board, and therefore how recognisable you are. Anything less than fifty, no one gives a shit. Unless it's something new, funny, and not some fucking lame rehashing of one or more of the above topics, don't bother. If you have a serious grievance, or have something which you would like advice on ("I was *****" or "I are been bullied 4 bein gawf" or some such shit does not count), then work away and post, so long as you remember the golden rule:

You are probably an idiot and someone, possibly me, will fuck with you, make fun of you, try to make you cry and deliberately piss you off. Parody threads are optional.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:31 PM   #6
JCC.

Exclamation

Also, sentences like "I was [mostly] joking" and "I was having a bad day" only make you more open to attack for stupidity, because if you were joking, which you weren't, then that makes you an even bigger fucking idiot, and not funny at all, and having a bad day does not get you sympathy points. Having a bad day? Tough. Some of us have bigger fish to fry, because some of us don't live with our parents and stay friendly with people who treat us like shit of our own volition.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:54 PM   #7
Vlh

Okay, I can see how that would get old the first time. So lets just call it a day and do something besides whine.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:03 AM   #8
Catch

I almost want to write an article about EMO before the whole scene gets lost in the marketing explosion.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:06 AM   #9
Vlh

That is not such a bad idea. Emo is not that bad, certainly not the devil people (me, I admit it) make it out to be. I guess it is similar to goth, in a way. Once it was found to generate money, it just got annoying and whiney.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:24 AM   #10
Tam Li Hua

Thumbs up

"You surround yourself with people you hate? Are you Fox Mulder? What the fuck?"

This -has- to be one of the best quotes I've seen here.

As for Demonia, I like a lot of their products for no other reason than I simply like them. I could care less if they were an "official" label for Goth and/or Emo subcultures.

Edit: Vlh, if you're allowed to complain about flightless birds, then JCC should be allowed to complain about you. =)
Old 08-26-2010, 04:19 PM   #11
tears

EMO .... GOTH .. EMO ....EMO .... GOTH .. EMO ....EMO .... GOTH .. EMO ....EMO .... GOTH .. EMO ....EMO .... GOTH .. EMO ....EMO .... GOTH .. EMO ....EMO .... GOTH .. EMO ....EMO .... GOTH .. EMO ....EMO .... GOTH .. EMO ....EMO .... GOTH .. EMO ....EMO .... GOTH .. EMO ....EMO .... GOTH .. EMO ....EMO .... GOTH .. EMO ....EMO .... GOTH .. EMO ....EMO .... GOTH .. EMO ....EMO .... GOTH .. EMO ....EMO .... GOTH .. EMO ....EMO .... GOTH .. EMO ....EMO .... GOTH .. EMO ....EMO .... GOTH .. EMO ....EMO .... GOTH .. EMO ....EMO .... GOTH .. EMO ....EMO .... GOTH .. EMO ....EMO .... GOTH .. EMO ....EMO .... GOTH .. EMO ....EMO .... GOTH .. EMO ....EMO .... GOTH .. EMO ....EMO .... GOTH .. EMO ....EMO .... GOTH .. EMO ....EMO .... GOTH .. EMO ....EMO .... GOTH .. EMO ....GOTH ___ E.M...O __ GO...T.H___
KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM !!!!!
Next >>> "bored face"
tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:29 PM   #12
Ben Lahnger

This thread has been dead since July 9. Why did you resurrect it?

I'll tell you why ... no good reason. You just weren't paying attention.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:34 PM   #13
tears

OMG you are every where ..
because it dosent matter if it is old or new .. and talking about emo or gothi in any thread make me sick
Old 08-26-2010, 04:37 PM   #14
Ben Lahnger

Yeah, but the consensus of the membership here was that the OP was an idiot and it was a stupid thread. So a bunch of people had their say, the original poster stopped coming here and we all then proceeded to ignore this thread ... so it should in time slip away to the unused and rarely explored back pages where it belongs.

Except you brought it back to life for no good reason.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 08-26-2010, 04:41 PM   #15
tears

OK then still make no since but Im sorry i'll try to write some threat here so this one go away if that will make u feel better .... againe really sorry ><''
Old 08-26-2010, 05:01 PM   #16
tears

Or i have a better idea why dont you move your ass and write some thread NEW so i can post there ??? ^_^^
Old 08-27-2010, 05:35 AM   #17
Catch

You know it does seem like the word "bird" implies flight. Perhaps they are lizards if they cannot fly.
Catch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:11 AM   #18
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Well as long as the thread was already ressurected:

It does make me wonder why duckie comes to Gnet, which has a predominantly young membership population, if he doesn't like the way young people think and talk.

If he doesn't like inexperienced reasoning and emotion filled contributions, he should go to oldgeezersinrockingchairs dot com. Oh, and he better use dial up.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:52 AM   #19
Ben Lahnger

Except he's not wrong. I fully agree with his opening statement. The fact that a lot of young people come here and confuse this place with "my high school angst diary" is not a mitigating factor.

I enjoyed this place a little more and thought the level of discourse here was a bit higher when there were more senior members culling the herd by flame of all the dim-witted newbies who wanted to cry about how they aren't respected for being goth or don't respect others for being different.

This ain't "Get off my lawn!" We've got playwrights and actors and musicians and college students and people interested in the arts here. This is "Get out of my Gothic literary culture!"

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 08-27-2010, 04:58 PM   #20
tears

OK ... OOPS i had replyed again in this thread .. sorry ..
Old 08-27-2010, 06:37 PM   #21
OnyxBat

Ben, most of the younger users are mostly from vampire freaks and that site is pretty much dead to younger people. (web chating with someone one high is not all that great ) Just check the site out they say it's a "gothic site" but really it's mostly a alternative site with less goths and more emos and scene kids. And they have this journal thing so yeah they mostly talk crap about ther "oh so horrible life". Here you learn a lot! And it's a very active site.
<3 school!

Edit: I agree with you Human Pain
Old 08-28-2010, 07:12 AM   #22
Ben Lahnger

OnyxBat, where they come from is of no matter to me. There are plenty of Gothic teen angst sites on the web ... this ain't one of them. And that needs to be spelled out for each and every one of the whiny, little idiots in a very pointed manner whenever they appear here.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 08-28-2010, 10:52 AM   #23
OnyxBat

I agree with you but still just teach them don't blow them off with insults or just straight out tell them not to waste their time here.
Old 08-28-2010, 10:53 AM   #24
OnyxBat

Nice signature
Old 08-28-2010, 11:35 AM   #25
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnyxBat View Post
I agree with you but still just teach them don't blow them off with insults or just straight out tell them not to waste their time here.
Because they generally don't respond positively to such direction ... and then other noobs like you who think this should be just another chat forum jump up to defend them. After 5 years here my experience is that people (especially young people) don't respond in a desirable manner to subtlety, coaxing or a courteous "Please, could you not do that here." So I advocate what works best - what's always worked in the past.

I get that you disagree. Based on the kinds of flimsy, illogical and prejudiced things you've posted elsewhere on this site, you'll understand that I don't hold your opinion in much regard.

I do hold HP's opinion in high regard. I just think that he's sometimes too kindhearted for his own good - not the worst sin to be guilty of.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,