Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 07-05-2009, 03:13 AM   #476
Still Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
Pro cornflakes so long as they have milk with them. Dry cornflakes are horrendous.
I agree with this. Although I have a strange weakness for Cornflakes with Ketchup or BBQ sauce.
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 04:39 PM   #477
Diabolical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmanwalking_05 View Post

If you had the chance to be taken to a shooting range by someone that knows what they are doing with firearms,would you take the chance and try it?

Yeah, I'd try it, I actually want to. My grandma, back when she was a wee tyke of 15, owned shooting records with pistols. I learned of this only recently and was astounded, and it made me want to try.

Personally, I'm a little torn on the pro/anti-gun thing.

I could go pro-gun, because, crime would plumet. But, I could see it also going the other way...some nut job would recuit more nut jobs and go crazy.
Diabolical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:27 PM   #478
Delkaetre

Anarchy: The concept that the human race has enough basic common sense to just get on with their lives if there wasn't a government or law enforcement system. The idea that we can actually just go and get stuff done without the threat of imprisonment or violence, because it's just a better idea to get the damn stuff done anyway.

Deadmanwalking: The proof that if/when anarchy occurs, there will be some poor sods stuck living in their reinforced homes and shooting at everything in visible range. Much the same as we get hermits, shutins and nutcases in everyday life even now.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:31 PM   #479
Deadmanwalking_05

Well at least this poor sod won't be a target walking around in the open unarmed.

Besides I wouldn't shoot unless forced I would give plenty of warning before sending anything down range.
Because once a round is on it's way there isn't anyway of calling it off (Besides shooting people down needlessly doesn't sit well with me,and it's just a waste of ammo without any real gain).

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:43 PM   #480
Anarasha

Quote:
Well at least this poor sod won't be a target walking around in the open unarmed.

Besides I wouldn't shoot unless forced I would give plenty of warning before sending anything down range.
Because once a round is on it's way there isn't anyway of calling it off (Besides shooting people down needlessly doesn't sit well with me,and it's just a waste of ammo without any real gain).
I am not gonna say much more than that I am against guns.
But I'm glad to know that your main concern regarding gunning someone down at random is the waste of ammo, not the loss of a seemingly innocent life.
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:36 AM   #481
Deadmanwalking_05

In that situation ammo would mean life or death.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:46 AM   #482
Deadmanwalking_05

To put it in simple terms.

If the person is important (Read that as an actual threat to me and my family) enough for me to look at through the sight picture of a loaded rifle,it would be in that persons best interests to get out of my sight picture,or to stop doing what they are in the middle of doing.

So that way I don't have to waste them or the ammo.

Old 07-17-2009, 02:19 AM   #483
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Read that as an actual threat
Or, you know, some random kid that pisses you off and brings out your fucking pig mentality
Quote:
you better stay put where you are,because if I catch sight of you,you'll be shown how Anarchy actually fucking works.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 02:44 AM   #484
Anima_Severem

I'm pro-gun rights. I'm not a crazy right-wing gun nut or anything like that, but I think anyone who's sane should have the right to at least have a gun inside their own home.

Then again I'm from one of those areas in the South where people cling to their guns and religion. Before moving here, I lived in Charlotte. The 14th most dangerous city in the US. Being from that area pretty much means I ended up very, very, very paranoid.

I'm getting my gun permit soon and a pistol to go with it.

Doesn't mean I'll use it for much. 90% of my shooting now is target practice with my air rifle.
Anima_Severem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:28 AM   #485
Still Jack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9TSW...eature=related
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:52 AM   #486
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian View Post
Or, you know, some random kid that pisses you off and brings out your fucking pig mentality

Not unless you crossed into my territory and were trying to take what you wanted from it (My livestock,my garden, apple and peach trees,not to mention the Blackberry patch I've been working with for awhile).

If you asked permission to take only what you needed for yourself and family,then proceeded to do so,all that would be asked is that you return the favor if needed.

Showing up and getting grabby would get you shot (Kids are exempt from that rule,because well...they're kids).

Besides I wasn't talking about shooting you dumbass.

I was talking about what you would have to pass through before you arrived at my place,all the destruction and chaos that would be brought down on people like you and me,then I would ask you one and only one question.

Was it really worth it?

Old 08-03-2009, 06:06 PM   #487
Godslayer Jillian

Check it out. A pro-gun argument I've seen often is that Hitler 'rose to power by confiscating guns' or something analogous to that.
But turns out there's little that makes that a valid argument. Germany had extremely strict gun laws due to the Treaty of Versailles, as another one of the terms of surrender. There was no need for a political party to 'ban guns'

On the contrary the Firearms Policy Journal (January 1997) writes:

"The Nazi Party did not ride to power confiscating guns. They rode to power on the inability of the Weimar Republic to confiscate their guns. They did not consolidate their power confiscating guns either. There is no historical evidence that Nazis ever went door to door in Germany confiscating guns. The Germans had a fetish about paperwork and documented everything. These searches and confiscations would have been carefully recorded. If the documents are there, let them be presented as evidence."

And the law about guns the Nazis did pass was the German Weapons Law, which relaxed gun restriction laws.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:17 PM   #488
the-nihilist

Why would anyone want to give up a right to the government? I think everyone should have guns, and we should have them out all the time.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:01 PM   #489
ArchLich

In the words of Larry the Cable Guy: "Husbands that come home early, kill people. The guns just sittin there." "If guns kill people, then I can blame mispelled words on my pencil".

I'm all for "higher restrictions" on guns, such as making them harder to get by requiring more credentials or perhaps adding rediculous fees/taxes, because it would make it harder for non-upstanding individuals(like criminals, for example) to purchase them; however, banning handguns, or similiar is rediculous. Not trusting the american people with the rights we were given upon the founding of the constitution is self-destructive to the country as a whole. Take away a murderer's gun, and they'll pick up a knife, or some random blunt object. The idea that the banning or discouraging of firearms would reduce crime/murders is purely ignorant. Just one more reason why I am utterly unhappy with Obama. A few more years of his bullshit and I'm immagrating, perhaps to Holand.

edit: Yes I am well aware that it is illegal for a civilian to possess a firearm in Holand, I figured some diehard smartass may try to use that against me.

Last edited by ArchLich; 08-03-2009 at 10:04 PM. Reason: clarification
ArchLich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:55 AM   #490
Deadmanwalking_05

If what I think is going to happen actually happens,I'm standing my ground and fighting for every inch of Kentucky soil until I'm killed in action or survive long enough to see complete victory.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:45 AM   #491
vindicatedxjin

Okay....I'm big on this topic...Did anyone watch that 20/20 episode on guns... called "if only I had a gun" or something like that? Well upon watching it I could tell right away that it was going to be be completely based on an anti gun/left wing mentality...Now I'm going to make it quite clear that I do not agree with violence...and I'm not going to justify killing.... BUT... Seriously all this hype is merely the after effect of recent shooting incidents that has led people who wouldn't know an AK-47.... from a paintball gun to issue demands for more restrictions on guns....

Because obviously what "other" factors could you blame the incidents on besides the guns??? Hmm???? I wonder???

One of the recent shooters was...a former crack addict Jiverly Wong, who told co-workers "America sucks" yet somehow was not offered a job as a speechwriter for Barack Obama. Wong blockaded his victims in a civic center in Binghamton, N.Y., and shot as many people as he could, before killing himself. Then there's....Lovelle Mixon a paroled felon, struggling to get his life back on track by pimping, who shot four cops in Oakland, Cali....before eventually being shot himself. It might make more sense to outlaw men than guns... Or crack.... Or to prohibit felons from having guns. Except we already outlaw crack and felons owning guns and yet still, somehow, Wong got crack and Mixon got a gun....Of course the stupid government tolerates rallies on behalf of cop-killers, but they prohibit law-abiding citizens working at community centers.... from being armed to defend themselves from disturbed, crack-addicted haters like Wong......They think they can pass a law eliminating guns and nuclear weapons, but teenagers having sex is completely beyond our control????....Pshyah.....Obama explained that "the United States has a moral responsibility" to lead disarmament efforts because America is "the only nuclear power to have used a nuclear weapon."
Since when does America have the right to think that it's such a morally superior hoo-ha??? Cough*hiroshima*cough Cough*conspiricy*cough

If a single civilian in that fucking Binghamton community center had been armed, instead of 14 dead, there might have only been one or two, including the god damn shooter. In the end, the cops didn't stop Wong. His killing spree ended only when he decided to stop, and he killed himself...bless his poor corrupted soul.

"The shooter will eventually run out of ammo" ummmm..........................that strategy may not be the best one for stopping deranged psychotic murderers. (retards)

But it's highly unlikely that any community center in the entire state would be safe from a disturbed former crack-addict like Wong because New York's restrictive gun laws require a citizen to prove he has a NEED for a gun to obtain a concealed carry permit.

Seriously......does this truly make any fucking sense???

I hate the government-- but I really, really, really, really, hate pussy democrat left wingers.... who think's turning everyone into brain-washed sissy's is the "right" thing to do.

Okay.............I understand the concern of those who don't agree with having guns. They are very, very dangerous weapons... we all know this. It's dangerous when they are in the wrong hands, especially when children are concerned. But seriously...If one is responsible enough...accidents won't happen. I don't think you should own a gun if you are an irresponsible candy ass and I don't think you should own one if you have major anger issues and don't think that you could control yourself from killing someone innocent. But If you are wise and know what you are dealing with...I feel there is nothing wrong about owning a gun...and I believe that right should not be taken away. Obviously as I have already mentioned...We wouldn't need guns if there was no evil in this world...If we had no need to protect ourselves but...There IS evil in this world...Now obviously someone might say...But if no one was able to have a gun then obviously the crime would go down and violence wouldn't be as bad. This is very true... If none of us and I mean NONE of us Americans had access to any guns...that would be absolutely fine. I would accept that and not go against it whatsoever. But thinking that way is going against common sense.... because you want to know where 90% of gangbangers fire power comes from??? NOT the U.S!!! so that would be out of the question... All the artillery is supplied by the corrupt Mexican government, their own "law inforcement" gangs from places like China, Venezuela and an unstoppable amount of uncontrolled gunrunners from countries where (PLEASE NOTE THIS) Guns Are Virtually Banned From Private Citizens! Mexican residents are not allowed to keep and bear arms, so based on law, Mexico should be a gun-free zone.... Guess how that worked out for them??? About as well as it has in Afghanistan.... And..... more than 2000 Americans are incarcerated in Mexican prisons and jails without any formal charges brought. Including simple American tourists who committed the horrible "alleged" crime of being in possession of a used shell. No guns, no loaded ammo, just a tiny piece of used metal "allegedly" found in their vehicle..........
But like all other gun-free zones, this is the guaranteed recipe for the most innocent lives being gunned down.

.....Sorry I'm just really pro-gun...and when I'm hot about a topic...I'm HOT. <3
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:05 AM   #492
Deadmanwalking_05

I appreciate your stance on the pro-gun side of the issue.

But the issue isn't a sole property of the left or right,it applies to those of all political parties,just the same as it applies to all citizens.

Old 08-05-2009, 09:11 AM   #493
vindicatedxjin

Well of course there are always going to be pro's and con's in either party....but the majority of the cons are Democrats...and it's always been that way.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:18 AM   #494
Deadmanwalking_05

Well historically speaking this is true to a degree,the Democrats were originally the party of the confederacy during the American civil war (for those that don't believe me look it up) and the original gun control laws were thought up by racists in order to keep their target group unarmed so they would be easier pickings.

Old 08-05-2009, 09:53 AM   #495
Deadmanwalking_05

Right now we have a Democrat in office with the same policies and seeming M.O. as the last Republican president.

The best thing I can advise all fellow Americans on this forum to do is to go back to the Constitution, most importantly the Bill Of Rights.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:09 AM   #496
vindicatedxjin

Well we can do that...But I have a feeling that our bill of rights...is being destroyed.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:15 PM   #497
Deadmanwalking_05

It can only be destroyed if we let it be destroyed.

There are two ways of stopping our freedoms from being taken away.

#1: The voting booth.

#2: The gun safe.

Old 08-05-2009, 01:23 PM   #498
vindicatedxjin

Thing is that the voting booth...kinda means nothing dude. It's not even the presidents making the rules...its CONGRESS...what are we supposed to do about those guys?
Old 08-05-2009, 01:47 PM   #499
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicatedxjin View Post
Thing is that the voting booth...kinda means nothing dude. It's not even the presidents making the rules...its CONGRESS...what are we supposed to do about those guys?
Oh, you mean your state and district representatives, as opposed to a guy that is selected by the electoral college without giving a fuck about your vote?

Yeah, what are we gonna do about those fuckers that care for their less than a million constituents. We should instead just give all the power of three hundred million people to one person: the head of the state.

That definitely won't trump our civil liberties.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 08-05-2009, 01:53 PM   #500
vindicatedxjin

lol do you not realize that we're already screwed?

I don't vote period.