Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

View Poll Results: Who will/would you vote for?
Bush 14 22.95%
Kerry 47 77.05%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-07-2004, 04:20 PM   #226
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeapotScar
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
Absolutely right!We should raise taxes so that people living in near poverty will now be unable to provide for their families and end up on the streets.But hey,that defecit'll clear up.Screw the little people.The ends justify the means,hurrah!

Is Dick Cheney near street-poverty? Because he's the only one *I* saw benefitting from the tax cuts. My best friend isn't well-off... like, welfare not well off. Her mom shared with me what the Bush tax cuts did to help the family financial situation.

JACK SHIT!!!!

The Bush tax cuts only helped those in the upper-tax brackets.

Battery: It has been proven that Saddam had no intentions towards building up arms agains the United States- he was going after Iran and Israel. Iran and Israel. Come on, you read my post, absorb.[/u][/i]
Well actually I have to disagree.

I recived a separate check for $400.00 last year because of the Bush tax cuts. I am a single mom and I am also on Welfare. $400 goes a long friggin way towards paying my bills and helping to support my son. The additional money on my Earned Income Credit also helped IMMENSELY.

As far as it being "PROVEN" that Sadaam had NO intentions towrds EVER launching an offensive against the U.S. I would love to see what you base that assertion on. Unless your a mind reader there is no way ANYONE could ever say " Nah, Sadaam wasn't ever coming after us."

There is simply no way to know.

And guys like Sadaam don't come after us DIRECTLY, that would be stupid. No, guys like Sadaam just fork over large chunks of cash to OTHER guys who for example might decide to hijack a major airliner and fly it into a national landmark full of our countrymen.

These guys don't make a habit of attacking a country that can spank them in a military conflict overtly. Sneakily and quietly is their favorite way to do things.

My personal theory on the war in Iraq is this. And I am sure someone on here will disagree, but I do believe this to be true in my own perception.

After 911, the terrorist networks of the world saw FIRSTHAND that we were in fact vulnerable and an easier target then anyone ever thought possible.

When Sadaam REFUSED repeatedly to allow our inspectors into Iraq, and REPEATEDLY refused to comply with the requests for entry to their various scientific and military facilities, George Bush was faced with a choice.

Either we look like complete pussies to the rest of the world, and RE-AFFIRM that we had NO BALLS as a nation after 911, OR we show the world and the millions of terrorists in it, that you better think twice before you start fucking with the U.S.

Plain and simple..

Look at a pack of stray dogs. The biggest, meanest and toughest dog gets the respect and the choice cuts of scraps..

I am not saying we should not ever "play nice", but I AM saying that when "playing nice" fails over and over and over we have a responsiblity to show the world and our ENEMIES that we won't take any shit, and there is going to be flaming hell to pay if you threaten us.

911 changed EVERYTHING.

I firmly believe that the offensive in Iraq is going to give our enemies some sort of "pause" before they decide to hijack another plane and try and bite off another big piece of " US ASS".

If you are the wimpy little guy on the playground that cries everytime you get your lunch money stolen by the bigger guys, then you are going to continue to be a victim day after day after day. Until you stand up, take a fucking stand and say :

" NO MORE!! "

George Bush stood up and said, " NO MORE " and while I may not completely agree with the way it was presented to us as a nation, I also don't wanna be the little bitch on the playground getting my ass stomped for my lunch money either.

/ end rant
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 07:02 PM   #227
.BatteryPoison.

Tea,
Like I said. Weigh the evidence we had. Saddam was decieving weapons inspectors and we believed he was in pursuit of a WMD program, which he was. We were wrong in knowing what stage he was at.

Iraqi Intellegence officals have met with Al-Quaeda operatives. Al-Quaeda's two major targets are Saudi Arabia and the United States. Saddam has a reputation of being highly anti-American.

It's no secret that Saddam funded and supported terrorists in the past. He has also used biological warfare against his enemies.

If he had the capability of producing a WMD, he could have very well sold it to a terrorist organization such as Al-Quaeda, who has been linked with his regime. If they got their hands on it, it's very likely they would have planned to detonate it inside the U.S.

That's the risk everyone here saw in 2003. It's also why we acted immediately.

"I wanna skin me some fetuses and hang 'em, then chase them with hedgeclippers!" - Ice
.BatteryPoison. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 07:11 PM   #228
HerGhostInTheFog

i've watched the presidential debut and the vice presidential debut....
I think Kerry did a better job then Bush did..... not only because he maid better statements, but because Bush seems a little dumb.... or at least horribly bad at public announcements, I think it was really funny when Kerry said that 9/11 had nothing to do with Sadam, and Bush quickly. and perhaps nervously, said "well, i know that" Bush would let the "flip flopping" thing go. :roll:
personally, i think they are both acting like little children....
i could criticize Kerry, but im lazy... i also like Kerry more..... yup, that's a dumb reason, but thats how it is.
Although Dick is the devil, i think he beat Edwards, unfortunately. Edwards needs Kerry, or perhaps he, like Bush, is bad at public speaking.
Edwards couldnt stop saying somthing like "we know how to do the job better" or "we c ould've done better" or somthing like that.... he hardly had any explanation of how other than to criticize Bush... :roll:

I STILL SAY KERRY! pro abortion, pro gays.... wonderful!
if there's a god, he sent kerry..... i wonder if that makes any sense
HerGhostInTheFog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 07:36 PM   #229
TeapotScar

Bat:

I see the argument to go to war, but you have to see that there is an argument against.

God, I'm tempted to just say "We went to war, fuck it," but I want to make you see where I'm coming from.

We didn't have enough global support to launch a war. Too many of the European super-powers were against our involvement in Iraq. Also, information on the weapons program was still in the process of being gathered when the U.S. just jumped right into war.

We did *not* exhaust the method of diplomacy, and we could have tried a little harder.

Al Quaeda is *not* linked to Iraq. http://www.sunherald.com/mld/sunhera...ws/6176302.htm

Quote:
The U.N. terrorism committee has found no evidence linking Iraq to al-Qaida and did not investigate Bush administration claims of such ties
I would have supported a war against Saddam that was supported by the people of the world. This war was not.

It was not a good idea to show off how Bush makes hot-headed decisions. We didn't need France and Germany and, God, so many other countries to look at us and say "I hate Americans." Isn't there already enough anti-American sentiment in the middle east? We don't need it spread to Europe.

Since the war on Iraq, there has been *way* more anti-American sentiment, globally. In the wake of the 9/11 events, I don't think that's something we need to encourage, as a country.

Also, America was not prepared to solely deal with the responsibility that comes with re-building a country. We are in deficit, we don't have enough troops, and things are going *crazy* in Afghanistan and Iraq.

I supported the war on Afghanistan, but we needed to finish rebuilding it before we took on another country-reconstruction. Did you know that more people registered to vote that are eligible to vote? Voter turn-out in Afghanistan's going to be great this year...that'll be a real fair election (just like the one in 2000 *cough*).

The thing is, we aren't doing a good job of reconstruction. American troops are dying, Iraqi civilians are dying, and it's just a mess. If we had waited for the UN's support, Iraq would have more reconstruction resources availible, and maybe the country wouldn't be as fucked up as it is now.

Not to mention there's no way we're funding this re-construction... *deficit* *deficit* *deficit*
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 07:36 PM   #230
.BatteryPoison.

Woh, woh, woh!
Kerry is not pro-gay. Edwards is not pro-gay. Cheney is pro-gay. Bush isn't.

As far as Kerry goes, I wouldn't feel so uncomfortable with him running as long as he had a running mate of substance. I just can NOT entertain the idea of Edwards taking over the Presidency if need be. The idea that Edwards may have to one day take his counrt-room "tough talk" to Tehran or North Korea makes me question just how seriously other courntries are going to take us. Iran is already turning their nose up at Kerry's proposed policy towards supplying nuclear fuel to them now. I can't imagine these senior government officals sitting down and seriously listening to Edwards' bullshit.

"I wanna skin me some fetuses and hang 'em, then chase them with hedgeclippers!" - Ice
Old 10-07-2004, 07:46 PM   #231
HerGhostInTheFog

Quote:
Originally Posted by .BatteryPoison.
Woh, woh, woh!
Kerry is not pro-gay. Edwards is not pro-gay. Cheney is pro-gay. Bush isn't.

As far as Kerry goes, I wouldn't feel so uncomfortable with him running as long as he had a running mate of substance. I just can NOT entertain the idea of Edwards taking over the Presidency if need be. The idea that Edwards may have to one day take his counrt-room "tough talk" to Tehran or North Korea makes me question just how seriously other courntries are going to take us. Iran is already turning their nose up at Kerry's proposed policy towards supplying nuclear fuel to them now. I can't imagine these senior government officals sitting down and seriously listening to Edwards' bullshit.
sorry.... i was washing the dishes while listening... i thoughts it was edwards who said he was pro-gay.....
oops...
cheney? REALLY? pro-gay? are you sure?
i sure as hell thought i saw Edwards (no, not Kerry) say he thought it was thier own choice to marry, especially if they were a couple for a long time.....
if i really am wrong, sorry...
Old 10-07-2004, 07:49 PM   #232
TearsOfHatred

Kerry, i may not be on base with everything going on in poltics but i sure as hell dont want the war to continue cuz im anti war, and i want a president who isnt a dumass, and who doesnt think the middle initial in his name is spelt DubbYa
TearsOfHatred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 08:13 PM   #233
.BatteryPoison.

What they're talking about is that no one has produced evidence to show a "collaborative operational relationship" between Al-Quaeda and Iraq. That still doesn't nullify the fact that Bin Laden, himself, met with Iraqi Intellegence and that one intellegence offical was arrested on the Afghan border while pursuing an effort to contact members of Al-Quaeda. Powell also made it clear that communications were active between Iraqi Intellegence and Al-Quaeda via the Iraqi embassy in Pakistan. Not to mention also Abbas al-Janabi's testimony to the U.S. that Iraq and Al-Quaeda had a working relationship.

There are links connecting the two all over the place. Which is all I'm saying. Links between the two. Proving they actually operated together is a whole nother story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGhostInTheFog
sorry.... i was washing the dishes while listening... i thoughts it was edwards who said he was pro-gay.....
oops...
cheney? REALLY? pro-gay? are you sure?
i sure as hell thought i saw Edwards (no, not Kerry) say he thought it was thier own choice to marry, especially if they were a couple for a long time.....
if i really am wrong, sorry...
Yeah. Cheney's daughter is actually a lesbian and he publicly supports her. "Freedom means freedom for everyone," Is his line. I thought it was very cool that Cheney didn't counter-argue Edwards on the issue at all. He just said "Thank you for complimenting me and my family," and that was the end of his counterstatement. Shows that the man puts his family before politics.

Edwards doesn't support a constitutional ban on gay marriage, but he still says that Kerry and himself both believe that marriage is defined as a relationship between only a man and a woman.

Old 10-07-2004, 08:22 PM   #234
TeapotScar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TearsOfHatred
Kerry, i may not be on base with everything going on in poltics but i sure as hell dont want the war to continue cuz im anti war, and i want a president who isnt a dumass, and who doesnt think the middle initial in his name is spelt DubbYa
If you're going to contribute to the conversation, don't contribute the competely obvious, contribute something *intelligent*. Also, read the above posts and say something in reference to them.

To sum it up, have common sense. Fucking newb.
Old 10-07-2004, 08:34 PM   #235
HerGhostInTheFog

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeapotScar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TearsOfHatred
If you're going to contribute to the conversation, don't contribute the competely obvious, contribute something *intelligent*. Also, read the above posts and say something in reference to them.

To sum it up, have common sense. Fucking newb.
i dont make fun of newbies because they're new..... it's cause they dont know whats going on

by the way no matter who wins, the war will continue correct?
i've researced this shit, besides, i dont think we can go into a country, fuck it up, and leave without at least re-building some things and giving free food or whatever we need to pay back, especially since we claim to be "helping" them
i dont really care if we help with democracy over there, as long as we un do some of our fuck-ups.
we cant just leave, unfortunately, even i know this....
we're in too deep :cry:

correct me if i am wrong, batterpoison
Old 10-07-2004, 08:41 PM   #236
.BatteryPoison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGhostInTheFog
by the way no matter who wins, the war will continue correct?
i've researced this shit, besides, i dont think we can go into a country, fuck it up, and leave without at least re-building some things and giving free food or whatever we need to pay back, especially since we claim to be "helping" them
i dont really care if we help with democracy over there, as long as we un do some of our fuck-ups.
we cant just leave, unfortunately, even i know this....
we're in too deep :cry:

correct me if i am wrong, batterpoison
Yep. That's about the jist of it. Kerry and Bush have the same stance on following through with stabalizing Iraq. The only difference is that Kerry has said things like "I'll start withdrawing troops within 6 months of my taking office," which durring the Debates we learned had an asterisk on the end of it. Kerry clarified on his remarks by saying what he really meant is that he would withdraw troops within that time-frame, provided things go his way. Other than that, his plan mirrors the Bush plan, except he seems to think he can speed up the process.

Both approach the withdraw from Iraq as training Iraqis to fight the terrorist and insurgency themselves so they can stabalize their own country without our military needing to be there. Although I have a good feeling our military, like in Afghanistan, are going to be there until some of the top terrorists in those countries have been brought to justice.

Old 10-07-2004, 08:52 PM   #237
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretboy
Flip-flopping?

Jesus, you people.
Agreed. I'm gonna get back to that but first

*standing ovulation*

EPS kicked it real. If you are a parent, and you received that money, then kindly have a refreshing glass of Shut The Fuck Up.

Now back to flip-flopping.

Here is the deal with Kerry supporters: "We don't like Bush or his policies. Kerry will do this and this and fix this and I love his ideas on this!"

Then we tell you he flip-flops.

We quote his flip-flops, more than one, 20 years worth.

Fuck me we have audio and video of his fucking flip-flops!

"Well Al that's just GOP spin. Oh and you have a really nice cawk."

Thank you but it's not spin. There is a reason we are pointing this out. You have all your bets on Kerry following through on your hopes and dreams.

People, it's just this simple: HE WILL NOT NORE HAS HE EVER KEPT HIS WORD, TAKEN A STANCE, OR DONE ANY GOOD.

Nothing against you not agreeing with my politics. Nothing against you hating my man Bush. I just feel bad you actually think he's gonna follow through with ANYTHING.

Do politicians flip-flop? Sure, we all do, we all get to be wrong and admit it once in awhile.

Once in awhile.

Not every fucking time.

Not as a leader.

Or even as a sugar-momma chaser.

You don't like Bush? Check "Other" and write-in AlKilYu. Hell, vote Nader.

Just don't give it to Kerry.
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 10:24 PM   #238
Empty_Purple_Stars

Hot off the fucking AP ticker:

Oh and tell me again how Iraq had no plans to attack us??

:x

CD With Info on U.S. Schools Found in Iraq

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Federal law enforcement authorities notified school districts in six states last month that a computer disc found in Iraq contained photos, floor plans and other information about their schools, two U.S. officials said Thursday.

The downloaded data found by the U.S. military in July included an Education Department report guiding schools on how to prepare and respond to a crisis, said one official, speaking on condition of anonymity.

The districts mentioned are in Georgia, Florida, Michigan, New Jersey, Oregon and California. The officials said last month FBI (search) agents in charge of those areas alerted local education and law enforcement officials about the finding.

The officials did not provide the names of the districts. But Salem, Ore., Superintendent Kay Baker confirmed her district was among them.

"Local law enforcement has no knowledge of a specific threat to any of our school buildings," she said. "We will work collaboratively with law enforcement on any further developments."

San Diego schools also were included, according to The San Diego Union-Tribune, and ABC News said there was a second California district. The Salem Statesman Journal reported the other districts were Fort Myers, Fla.; Jones County, Ga.; Birch Run, Mich.; and Franklinville and Rumson, both in New Jersey.

The disc contained an Education Department report called "Practical Information on Crisis Planning: A Guide for Schools and Communities," published in May 2003, as well as photos and floor plans.

In a separate but more widespread warning put out this week, the Education Department advised school leaders nationwide to watch for people spying on their buildings or buses to help detect any possibility of terrorism like the deadly school siege last month in Russia.

The warning follows an analysis by the FBI and the Homeland Security Department of the siege that killed nearly 340 people, many of them students, in the city of Beslan.

"The horror of this attack may have created significant anxiety in our own country among parents, students, faculty staff and other community members," Deputy Education Secretary Eugene Hickok said in a letter sent Wednesday to schools and education groups.

The Education Department's advice is based on lessons learned from the Russia siege. But there is no specific information indicating a terrorist threat to any schools or universities in the United States, Hickok said.

Federal law enforcement officials also have urged local police to stay in contact with school officials and have encouraged reporting of suspicious activities, the letter says.

In particular, schools were told to watch for activities that may be legitimate on their own — but may suggest a threat if many of them occur.

Among those activities:

— Interest in obtaining site plans for schools, bus routes and attendance lists.

— Prolonged "static surveillance" by people disguised as panhandlers, shoe shiners, newspaper or flower vendors or street sweepers not previously seen in the area.

— Observations of security drills.

— People staring at or quickly looking away from employees or vehicles as they enter or leave parking areas.

— Foot surveillance of campuses involving individuals working together.

The effort is the latest by the Education Department and other federal agencies to encourage school officials to maintain and practice a plan for responding to emergencies.

"It's a positive sign that they're finally discussing this after years of downplaying or denying even the possibility of a terrorist strike on schools," said Kenneth Trump, a Cleveland-based school safety consultant who has worked with officials in more than 40 states. "Public officials are in fear of creating fear, but we have to put the cards on the table, educate people in the school community and make sure they are well prepared."

After the terrorist takeover of the Russian school, President Bush asked his top advisers to review their strategies for dealing with hostage situations, Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge has said.

The federal government is advising schools to take many steps to improve the security of their buildings. Those include installing locks for all doors and windows, having a single entry point into buildings and ensuring they can reach school bus drivers in an emergency.

The Education Department sent its letter by e-mail Wednesday to school police, state school officers, school boards, groups representing principals and many other organizations.

The Homeland Security Department also sent a bulletin to federal, state and local emergency officials to provide fresh guidance based on the review of the school siege in Russia.

Real fucking nice..

Salem is only 30 miles from where we live.

Gee, Iraq really was our buddy after all..

Awwww....

Gimme a friggin break..

:x
Old 10-07-2004, 11:01 PM   #239
edible_eye

if anything tonight made me sick - aside from posting on the many thanks thread - this was it.

i think i need to go to bed.
Old 10-07-2004, 11:08 PM   #240
ice

Oi... EPS... that's worse than my paralyzed thread o_O.
Crap.
I doubt my High School would ever be on their targeting list, but that's scarey as hell O_O

"No - it's more like - wow, isn't enlightenment great?" - Doug Henning
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 11:12 PM   #241
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_eye
if anything tonight made me sick - aside from posting on the many thanks thread - this was it.

Made me fucking ill as well EE.

I snuck into the boys room after reading that and kissed both of their innocent sleeping faces..

My God, please tell me our kids won't have to face this kind of sickness in their school..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice
Oi... EPS... that's worse than my paralyzed thread o_O.
Crap.
I doubt my High School would ever be on their targeting list, but that's scarey as hell O_O
I know man, absolutely turned my blood completely cold..

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Old 10-07-2004, 11:30 PM   #242
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_eye

Made me fucking ill as well EE.

I snuck into the boys room after reading that and kissed both of their innocent sleeping faces..

My God, please tell me our kids won't have to face this kind of sickness in their school..
i can't. it's been the single, greatest fear i've felt and it's a fresh wound i don't quite know how to deal with since my heart was torn apart reading about the horror in beslan. we, as a nation, have woried about suicide bombers making their way onto our soil. this is beyond the scope of ponderance. i just can't think about it.

thank god our military is taking care of things.

thank god.
Old 10-08-2004, 06:45 PM   #243
WolfMoon

Damn, been alot of posting since I was on yesterday.

I do have to say that I as well got both the check and the Earned Income Credit as well as benefitting from Bush doing away with the marriage penalty.Benefitted a hell of a lot from that and I'm just a half step above EPS,financially.

Something that does bother me is that I heard Kerry wanted to raise minimum wage to $7?Now the only times I remember minimum going up is to keep up with the cost of living.

Now, I'm thinking that Kerry's probably going to tax the hell out of people once the minimum goes up so it really won't be any different from what I'm making now.How else is he going to get all the money he's gonna need to fund everything he's supposedly going to do?

Spend,spend,spend!!! Shuold be Kerry's motto.

And I've just gotta say once more Disfunction,

Hail To Bush!

The Man That

Gets Things Done!!!
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 09:03 PM   #244
TeapotScar

Alright.. let the discussion of the Friday Night debate begin

GWB: "...internets...." This guy has a way with words....

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...9874066.htm?1c

Both of them made some pretty fucked up claims... I'll sum up some of my favorites:

*According to the national Labor Department's most recent report, Mr. Kerry, the nation has lost 821,000 jobs, not 1.6 million.
---I say, I don't care- that's still a loss of jobs.

*The air is not cleaner, Mr. President, since you've taken office. The EPA says that, in 2000, clean-air standards were exceeded 1,535 days. By 2002, the emissions increased by 33 percent to 2,035 days. The number of Americans exposed to sub-standard ar increased by 19 million between 2000 and 2002.

I encourage you all to read the full link, as to be informed of the many lies blurted out in the heat of debate.
Old 10-08-2004, 09:13 PM   #245
ice

I'm not going into this fight...
I'ma vote my ass for Bush...
but that was kinda funny...

"...internets..."

... lol ... :roll:

"No - it's more like - wow, isn't enlightenment great?" - Doug Henning
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 09:51 PM   #246
Disfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
And I've just gotta say once more Disfunction,

Hail To Bush!

The Man That

Gets Things Done!!!
My response to that will be as short as possible:

Heil mein Fuhrer!

Hitler got things done as well, that doesn't mean he should be praised for what he did. Bush essentially sent the nation into a mind-boggeling deficit providing minimal tax relief to the middle/lower income groups, and record breaking tax cuts to the high income populace.

In short: I lack respect for the man because he says one thing and does another.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 10:29 PM   #247
edible_eye

ah. it's so nice to see that our president can, in fact, walk, think and speak. i knew he had it in him.

i'll chalk up the disaster of the last debate as george dubya being analogous to a car being started in sub-zero weather - he just needed some time to warm up.

and let's not forget -

03/12/2003 Partial-Birth Abortion Ban-Passage - Senator John Forbes Kerry did not vote.

10/21/2003 'Partial-Birth' Abortion Ban - Adoption - Senator John Forbes Kerry voted NO.

01/22/2004 Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2004 - Senator John Forbes Kerry did not vote.

03/12/2004 Fiscal Year 2005 Budget Resolution - Senator John Forbes Kerry did not vote.

04/29/2004 Internet Access Tax bill - Senator John Forbes Kerry did not vote.

09/23/2004 Increased Child Tax Credit bill - Senator John Forbes Kerry did not vote

04/08/2004 Pension Funding Equity Act of 2004 - Senator John Forbes Kerry did not vote

05/11/2004 Jumpstart Our Business Strength (JOBS) Act - Senator John Forbes Kerry did not vote.

03/29/2000 Flag Desecration Constitutional Amendment-Passage - Vote to propose a constitutional amendment prohibiting the physical desecration of the U.S. flag. - Senator John Forbes Kerry voted NO.

10/23/2003 TransportationTreasury Appropriation-Congress Pay Raise - Senator John Forbes Kerry did not vote

10/22/2003 Unsolicited E-Mail - Passage - Senator John Forbes Kerry did not vote.

06/24/2004 Ronald W. Reagan National Defense Authorization Act - Senator John Forbes Kerry did not vote.

05/11/2004 Corporate Tax Overhaul -- Unemployment Insurance - Senator John Forbes Kerry did not vote.

07/31/2003 Energy Policy - Passage - Senator John Forbes Kerry did not vote.

10/30/2003 Forest Thinning -Passage - Senator John Forbes Kerry did not vote.

01/22/2003 Secretary of Homeland Security - Senator John Forbes Kerry did not vote.

10/28/2003 Leavitt Nomination - Confirmation - Senator John Forbes Kerry did not vote.

02/24/2003 Virtual Child Pornography-Passage - Senator John Forbes Kerry did not vote.

04/10/2003 Protections for Children - Conference Report - Senator John Forbes Kerry did not vote

10/10/2002 Use of Force-Passage - Vote to pass a joint resolution that would authorize the use of force against Iraq. - Senator John Forbes Kerry voted YES.

05/10/2004 Condemning Iraq Abuse of Prisoners resolution - Senator John Forbes Kerry did not vote.

06/12/2003 Fiscal 2004 FAA Reauthorization - Passage - Senator John Forbes Kerry did not vote

09/25/2003 Do-Not-Call Registry - Passage - Senator John Forbes Kerry did not vote.

11/25/2003 Prescription Drug Benefit - Adoption - Senator John Forbes Kerry did not vote.

09/16/2003 Media Ownership Rule Disapproval - Passage - Senator John Forbes Kerry did not vote.

09/25/2003 Do-Not-Call Registry - Passage - Senator John Forbes Kerry did not vote.

10/22/2003 Unsolicited E-Mail - Passage - Senator John Forbes Kerry did not vote.

07/31/2003 U.S.-Singapore Trade - Passage - Senator John Forbes Kerry did not vote.

07/31/2003 U.S.-Chile Trade - Passage - Senator John Forbes Kerry did not vote.

02/12/2004 Highway Trust Fund bill - Senator John Forbes Kerry did not vote.

i copied and pasted this from - http://www.vote-smart.org/voting_cat...b04579cee3d72d - and to be fair, i only looked under the most recent headings of each voting category. also, i only copied and pasted the issues where kerry did not vote, which was an overwheling majority. again, it's hard to be called on the issues when you have no record of voice. the only one i copied and pasted other than a "did not vote" was the vote to use force in iraq. kerry voted yes.

the reason for all this nonsense? john kerry makes more money in a year than most of us will see in ten lifetimes. part of that cash comes from my paycheck and yours. i wonder what would happen if you or i decided to say "fuck it" when we were needed at work - again and again? i think i'd be fired. i DON'T think i'd have the option of running for a higher position.

- mark

p.s. - i forgot he voted "no" to prohibit the desecration of the american flag. i included that as well. the man has no problem with soiling the symbol of this country. he did it himself after returning from viet nam. how can someone who disrespects the symbol of the nation he desires to lead be counted on to respect the nation itself? wouldn't that be like someone telling you he loved you while pissing on your picture?
Old 10-08-2004, 11:31 PM   #248
edible_eye

this is worth it.

http://www.jibjab.com - click on - "this land - click it to watch"

it's more than worth it.

ok. click on "good to be in d.c." also.

such fun.
Old 10-08-2004, 11:41 PM   #249
edible_eye

sure. and then there's this - http://www.thespeciousreport.com/2004/division2004.html

enjoy.
Old 10-09-2004, 04:40 PM   #250
Gypsy2222

Many of you have brought some excellent arguments to the table, and once again I am in awe of the awareness and intelligence that I see before me as it is almost tangible in its devices… So please keep in mind that I admire many of you as I say this (though some of your tactics during this debate have been less than cordial and leave much to be desired, I can understand that, as politics among so diverse and aware a group can be sensitive at best)… Please also note that though I have done a bit of research I am still speaking primarily from the heart from this point on…

In my youth I was considered strange (as were many here no doubt) but I had a freedom to be so, unparalleled in many parts of the world… Back then I was unaware of these freedoms I so took for granted so I abused them (and myself) in search of purpose, drive and sustenance… In the pursuit of these things, in the “pursuit of happiness”, I was many things to many different people. I’ll not go into them all right now, but I was exercising my right to be an individual… Once I joined the military and learned a bit more of the many truths of the world and the many different points of view (which I had already known of, but did not take to heart until then) I began to find meaning… I began to find purpose… I have, since then, always been proud to stand the line next to others who would fight for what we believe in… The basic principles behind Freedom… The freedom to be whom and what you are, as it harms none, in the face of adversity and differing opinions… Initially I believed in what America stood for and what this fading Republic still does in part… However, this view is changing… and here are some of the points as to why…

I'll start with the issues most directly related to my rather subjective (if somewhat unique) point of view... At the very end of all my posts my choice should be obvious...

The War in Iraq: In the war in the Middle East there are many variables… The necessity for a “friend” in the Middle East, The oil, the fact that George W. Bush and Cheney hold vast stocks in the corporations that are rebuilding this country… Do I blame him for this war or for the pain and suffering it entails? No, for though the Bush Administration (And it is an administration which is more than one man) chose this method of reprisal, most of the country was behind him and cried out for it in their fear and pain… Indeed, it was his duty to answer the call of his people as it is my duty to carry out the orders of those placed above me… Do I believe it could have been done differently? Without a doubt… but I am a soldier, not a politician or policy maker… I know my place… I am no leader aside from those soldiers close to me that have been placed under my care, supervision and leadership… I have no place in deciding the fates of nations aside from my simple but impressive power to vote… Is he making money off of this war? Yes, that is a part of the reality of war, that it is often for money or political gain, but another part of it is the chance to defend what you believe in, to defend the rights and lives of those you care for back home… The nature of war, as the nature of man, entwines both noble and despicable attributes… It is unfortunately, in our existence, a necessary evil due to our natures… Before I end this part I would have one thing to say about war in general though… All those who would say that this war is good or a necessity… If you think so… Come fight with me… at my side… We shall see then how you feel about war…

“To Truly know a thing, one must experience a thing with all of themselves…”

“To survive War… You must become War…”

Rebuilding a Nation: Someone on here said (and I am paraphrasing) “If you want to know a war torn Nation, go visit one, it may change how you feel about “the good” America is doing”… There is truth to this I think… I would say even more… As you cannot go as an actual member of the populace, go as a soldier who interacts with them… I have seen suffering and pestilence, but I have also seen hope and the easing of pain… I have seen food in the mouth of a starving child… I have seen an innocent man shredded by the hidden bomb behind a guard rail… Once again… Is it necessary? When is it not necessary to help your fellow man? However, one must not force “help” upon a man, or a nation (this is only my simple belief)… It goes into that simple principle of freedom… It is a mans right to choose his path and destiny if he is willing to pay the price… I meet mine on even ground and sure footing… They should be allowed to do the same… Summarized my view is fairly simple… Help only when accepted… Offer, but do not force…

On Homeland Defense (i.e. The Patriot Act and Bill H.R. 163): This is where I begin to shudder… It puts me in the mind of a woman who has had a bad relationship, and upon leaving this relationship, damages herself mentally because of it… I love my Freedom (when I have it, again, I am a soldier, not a civilian, I gave up certain rights to fight for others)… I love my ability to be different, read what I like, talk about what I choose over the phone, and write emails without fear of retribution… This Patriot Act has too much of a possibility to be corrupted for personal use or gain… It gives too much power to an already corrupt power in this nation… Is it a good idea? Sure, but it needs to be re-written… (Enter a house without a warrant and search through your belongings without you present? What, are these people nuts?) George Carlin said it best when he said “Americans are always willing to trade a bit of their freedoms away for the feeling, the illusion, of safety…” Bash me as you like, but to me it seems to go to ridiculous abuse already, and people want to renew it as is? What am I fighting for? Where is our freedom now?… Mark my words, this seems to me to be another notch in the slow decline of our “Democratic Republic”… There is no Democracy in this… This is a door into Socialism that we as a people should not keep open… And as far as Bill H.R. 163... Well, go to http://thomas.loc.gov and look it up… I think you might find it interesting…

I’ll continue with Abortion, Health Care and Taxes later…

More to Follow……

Always and Forever,
~The Gypsy~