Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 01-15-2008, 12:11 AM   #1
How Low Can You Go Moe

Salut Website!

My name’s Moe and I live in Cornfield, Iowa, or as my friends call it, Cornfiend, Iowa. Im twelve and I’m about 60% old school goth (like Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, and the Virgin Prunes) and 35% punk (like ’77 punk, none of that new shit) and 25% industrial (like throbbing gristle and the Einsturzende Neubauten).

I really like singing and I do vocals in a band called Red Dread. It’s mostly like punk stuff, with glam rock influences like david bowie and t-rex, and just a dash of electronica in the legacy of aphex twin. We need a guitarist, bassist and drummer (if you live near Cornfield and want to be in the band, talk to me plz!!!!!)

The only movie I like is the Nightmare before Christmas and Invader Zim, but my friends tell me I’m too gothic to like anything else. I joined gnet to maybe get a few more band members to be in my band, but I also have a side project that’s sort of like old batcave stuff.

Nice to meet you guys!!!
How Low Can You Go Moe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:25 AM   #2
Wormboy

Dude ok Dimmu is Symphonic Black Metal. Cradle of Filth are very hard to pin to a genre but they always have a strong black metal side. I love them both, but they aren't goth. Both have HUGE gothic influences but that has nothing to do with goth music. Trust me, I love black metal, I really do, but they aren't goth. Check out the music forum. Also, if you need a guitarist, a drummer, and a bassist, what the heck do you have?

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:10 AM   #3
Green.Lady

I smell Signe troll. Look at his previous posts.
Deliver me a paper
Green.Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:15 AM   #4
L'Oiseau Noir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green.Lady
I smell Signe troll. Look at his previous posts.
Lmfao, Signe started her own classification of troll?

And it probably is Signe. xD

Oh yeah, and to stay relevant I guess... welcome.

"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws." - Charles Baudelaire

L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:18 AM   #5
L'Oiseau Noir

LMFAO.

I can confirm that it's Signe, she makes it so obvious.

Grow up, Signe, no one likes you. Faking yourself as a twelve-year-old isn't going to hold up for long... people will figure it out just by reading your whiny, bitchy posts. Your patheticness makes me laugh.

I say someone check her I.P.

"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws." - Charles Baudelaire

Old 01-15-2008, 09:04 AM   #6
Green.Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Oiseau Noir
Signe started her own classification of troll?
Any member who threatens another shall now be known as Signe. G.L has spoken.

I'd check her IP if I didn't fail at computers.
Deliver me a paper
Green.Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:51 AM   #7
viscus

Had me going there for a bit. Virgin Prunes? CONGRATULATIONS, YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY NAMED ONE GOTH BAND.

Seriously though, if the existing mods don't have time to check the boards regularly, can't we get some new ones?

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:25 AM   #8
How Low Can You Go Moe

As Signe's best and most honorable companion, I find it hard to imagine that you could possibly cause her so much grief in her absence. I asked her to do backup vocals in my band, and she lives really close to me and would have done it at once had black misery not been grasping at her shirttails.

However, because of you heartless crocodiles she's not getting out of bed. I have to go check her pulse.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:58 AM   #9
viscus

Quote:
Originally Posted by How Low Can You Go Moe
As Signe's best and most honorable companion, I find it hard to imagine that you could possibly cause her so much grief in her absence. I asked her to do backup vocals in my band, and she lives really close to me and would have done it at once had black misery not been grasping at her shirttails.

However, because of you heartless crocodiles she's not getting out of bed. I have to go check her pulse.
Is Iowa suddenly bordering on Sweden now?

WHAT SPATIAL ANOMALY IS THIS? FUCK, WE'RE ALL DEAD!

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:01 AM   #10
How Low Can You Go Moe

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscus
Is Iowa suddenly bordering on Sweden now?

WHAT SPATIAL ANOMALY IS THIS? FUCK, WE'RE ALL DEAD!
Typical American education. Check a globe for crepe sake! They're like not even a foot from each other!

Alternatively:

I'm a ghost so I'm magic.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:10 PM   #11
StasisInDarkness

Quote:
Honestly, I got the impression that our opinions mattered very little to Signe. Certainly, she would not expire.
StasisInDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:24 PM   #12
Bete Noire

I'm a heartless crocodile
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:28 PM   #13
badteccy

Quote:

She lives in Sweden, you live in Iowa...

Oops, a troll...my bad.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:01 PM   #14
Apathy's_Child

Quote:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

Hey, I like this guy!

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:06 PM   #15
How Low Can You Go Moe

Quote:
LMFAO.

I can confirm that it's Signe, she makes it so obvious.

Grow up, Signe, no one likes you. Faking yourself as a twelve-year-old isn't going to hold up for long... people will figure it out just by reading your whiny, bitchy posts. Your patheticness makes me laugh.

I say someone check her I.P.
How did you figure out my bubonic secret? What mastermental deduction brought you to so hatefully revealing a conclusion? And what makes you think I'm a girl?

Plz'd to meet the whole rotten mess of you for the 'first' time.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:07 PM   #16
Xombie

No, this person's (ghost's? hahah) English is way too good to be Signe. She isn't this witty, either.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:17 PM   #17
How Low Can You Go Moe

Thank you all very much for welcoming the shit out of me, especially everyone who thinks I'm some kind of spectral medium to speak to this mysterious Signe valkyrie of whom so much is spoken.

This introduction turned out way better than my other one.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:27 PM   #18
Stormtrooper of Death

77 era punk eh? We'll see young padawan, we'll see. A few good bands from the first wave, but the second wave was better in my opinion. Hello, I am SOD and I am the resident punk on this forum. If you need to listen to some real good punk, you talk to me. I'll see how you turn out. Formign a band too? Well I play both guitar and bass, I live in Minnesota actually.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:50 PM   #19
L'Oiseau Noir

Quote:
How did you figure out my bubonic secret? What mastermental deduction brought you to so hatefully revealing a conclusion? And what makes you think I'm a girl?

Plz'd to meet the whole rotten mess of you for the 'first' time.
I reached this conclusion because you made it so painfully obvious.

Don't hate.

Oh, and by the way, douchebag. Mastermental isn't even a fucking word. And what the hell is a "bubonic secret?"

Bubonic: "Characterized by swelling in the groin," 1871, from L. bubo (gen. bubonis) "swelling of lymph glands" (in the groin), from Gk. boubon "groin." The noun bubo used in Eng. for the plague symptom from late 1398. Pertaining to a bubo; accompanied by or affected with buboes.

So are you saying your secret is making your groin swell to enormous proportions? If so, then damn, you should go and see a doctor pretty soon.

And what makes me think you're a girl... the fucking fact you are one, 'tard.

Old 01-15-2008, 10:17 PM   #20
How Low Can You Go Moe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
Well I play both guitar and bass
At the same time?

Quote:
So are you saying your secret is making your groin swell to enormous proportions?
Some people get guiltier than others. I'm just unfortunate enough to fit with the former. This group of people experience so much guilt that the bladder tries to rid the body of the feeling all at once, creating that famed contagion that hip pathologists now shrug off as "so six hundred years ago."

Everybody knows about medieval Europe's holy guilt about everything. If anything horrible happened they always seemed to think it was somehow their fault. The guilt they experienced during the 14th century was so great that the groin buboes (or eruptions, as they might have also been called) appeared. It's plain now that the Great Plague was simply an excess of hell fear. Have any better explanation?
Old 01-15-2008, 11:13 PM   #21
Wormboy

Quote:
I reached this conclusion because you made it so painfully obvious.

Don't hate.

Oh, and by the way, douchebag. Mastermental isn't even a fucking word. And what the hell is a "bubonic secret?"

Bubonic: "Characterized by swelling in the groin," 1871, from L. bubo (gen. bubonis) "swelling of lymph glands" (in the groin), from Gk. boubon "groin." The noun bubo used in Eng. for the plague symptom from late 1398. Pertaining to a bubo; accompanied by or affected with buboes.

So are you saying your secret is making your groin swell to enormous proportions? If so, then damn, you should go and see a doctor pretty soon.

And what makes me think you're a girl... the fucking fact you are one, 'tard.
I love you so much

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:29 AM   #22
L'Oiseau Noir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormboy
I love you so much
I love you too, Worm. In the most platonic way.

Old 01-16-2008, 06:53 AM   #23
korinna5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscus
Seriously though, if the existing mods don't have time to check the boards regularly, can't we get some new ones?
I have tried contacting the admins about me possibly being changed to a mod, but no answer. I would love to mod on here..
Old 01-16-2008, 07:22 AM   #24
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555
I have tried contacting the admins about me possibly being changed to a mod, but no answer. I would love to mod on here..
I really don't think that's a good idea.
I don't think any of us are really fit to mod, except MAYBE Jillian or MollyMac, and even then, not really.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:29 AM   #25
Methadrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
I really don't think that's a good idea.
I don't think any of us are really fit to mod
What she said.

This is a place not even I would want to mod. Everyone would just bitch to hell and back if they didn't agree with the moderators decision, which should be final.

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote