Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 10-14-2007, 01:58 AM   #51
CandyKorns

Quote:
Originally Posted by crucifix
My house actually is haunted or whatever you call it. My mom has woken up with her bed shaking (and it continuing to do so after she gets out of it) and has had her makeup bag fly, literally, across her bathroom from the vanity all the way to the tub on the other side of the room. I saw it once. It was like someone invisible just threw it as hard as they could across the bathroom. Scared the shit out of me. A few years ago, I was in bed reading (not sleepy at all) and I looked up from my book and I thought my brother was standing above me. I jumped because I was suprised and he just stood there for a minute and then literally disappeared like that. Now THAT was creepy :/
Wow, that's amazing, if it's true. So does it bother you? Does your family want to move out or anything?
CandyKorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:07 AM   #52
crucifix

^nah, nothing has happened in awhile. Anyway, spirits don't freak me out. The unknown is so fascinating and glamorous.
crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 10:16 AM   #53
c130

I don't belive in ghosts or any of that... I'm quite open-minded and very keen to experience something that would prove my cynicism wrong, but nothing out-of-the-ordinary has ever happened to me, or presented itself as anything that seemed unusual to me.

Re. ghostly crying babies - ever heard foxes howling at night? They sound exactly like wailing infants. We've had them screeching their heads off in our back garden and sniffing at the back door, and they go silent and flee as soon as they see a light in the window or hear any noise from the house.

Quote:
Way to many unexplained things have happened over the centuries to simply say paranormal things do not occur--can they be explained scientifically? Perhaps...but until such time they fall under the realm of the paranormal, and saying so doesn't make one an irrational kook just as my being agnostic doesn't make me anti-God... it's just what it is
"Paranormal" until proven otherwise? That sounds like deliberate ignorance to me.

If we don't know what something is, we should take the blow to our pride and admit that we don't understand what's happening; we should not make up elaborate fairy-tales to explain it.

And just because something we can't explain has happened for a long time doesn't mean it's paranormal or supernatural. Think. For thousands of years, people used to think the Sun was a living god who, every day, would rise from his bed, walk across the sky, then go to sleep again (or lose a battle with a god of the darkness, then defeat him a few hours later). This legend was the same or very similar in cultures across the world. Then as we became better at observing our surroundings, we discovered that good ol' Sol is actually just an inanimate ball of burning gas. Slightly anticlimactic after all the legends written about it and religions worshipping it as a living entity. According to you, as I understand what you posted, the Sun and its daily rhythm should've been classified as paranormal until we figured out what it really was.

Odd sensations, rattling beds, disembodied footsteps, etc. are no less real or natural than the Sun. We may not know what they are yet, but why should we make up stories to explain them? Ghost of a soldier who died in the Civil War. Ghost of a child murdered by her mother. Ghost of a priest who starved in his church. Ghost of a man buried beneath this house. Ghost of my grannie, who didn't even live here. Ghost of my pet hamster. Really, they identified themselves as such?
Old 10-15-2007, 08:44 PM   #54
DarkPrayer

Location: In a place covered in darkness but filled with only good people
I'd LOOOOOOOOOOVE to have a haunted house!
DarkPrayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 05:50 PM   #55
silverbaal

What are you talking about? That's cool. Lol. My house is nowhere near haunted...But if there was some uninvited guest here, I would hope it isn't corporeal. Living people breaking into my house scare the hell outta me. Ghost...are just cool. Spooky still...but cool.
silverbaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:25 PM   #56
Ishan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metabolik
My dog is now looking at me funny...I think the ghost possessed it and now wants to eat me.
Uh ... that's a really cute answer ... but keep in mind there are such things as ghosts; typically there are spirits around us all of the time, though they usually don't make themselves known.

I've never heard, however, of dog possession.
Ishan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 08:30 PM   #57
Utael

Really random here, but dont worry about being haunted just as long as you dont piss it off, my house is haunted and we really dont mind them they will sometimes move stuff randomly and dark shadows will sometimes watch us but other than that they can be pretty handy to have around seeing as how they can tell when something really bad is gonna happen. even at my high school theater we have a ghost and it actually helps us by telling us in strange ways whether something bad might happen or something good. ex. Good show or bad show

but for the case of possessions i wouldnt typicly worry about it even if it does possess someone or something it generaly doesnt mean any harm they are generaly either confused or theres something they wanted done before they move on.
Utael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:40 PM   #58
Steppenwolf

try some EVP or photo and post them here ... if you can ... Sorry , but I can't believe any word you are trying to sell us ...
Old 10-17-2007, 02:55 AM   #59
c130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utael
but for the case of possessions i wouldnt typicly worry about it even if it does possess someone or something it generaly doesnt mean any harm they are generaly either confused or theres something they wanted done before they move on.
I take it you've had a nice long heart-to-heart chat with a ghost then, to know all this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishan
but keep in mind there are such things as ghosts; typically there are spirits around us all of the time
Believe what you like but don't tell people they're wrong to be skeptical.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:43 PM   #60
Utael

Quote:
Originally Posted by c130
I take it you've had a nice long heart-to-heart chat with a ghost then, to know all this?
not that ive had a talk but I beleive ive been around enought spirits and none of them have done me any harm so i would assume that most others are the same to others
Utael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 09:23 PM   #61
spoon!

Sometimes I think our house is haunted. There's been stuff we've lost and not been able to find (even when we put it in a place where it's bound to be found again), moved furniture, and heck I've ever seen some weird stuff in the middle of the night when I :::ahem::: do my nocturnal latrine doodies.
spoon! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:04 PM   #62
JethroAranas

i think haunted houses got some possessed people living in there. homeostasis? haha.
JethroAranas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:50 PM   #63
Solumina

You should really think about post dates before you respond to a thread. People here aren't so fond of threads being necroed for pretty much no reason.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote