Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:31 AM   #1
DDX

I like to play Pong

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
I am a full-time college student. I work in retail every now and then during semester breaks to pay club admissions and etc.

My hobbies include:
-Guitar/Drums/Piano/Violin/Cello
-Video editing and special effects
-Making electronic music
-Driving through mountain passes
-Working out at the gym
-Reading fantasy novels
-Soon to be Industrial Dancer

2. Where are you from?
California, somewhere south of San Francisco. I've never seen snow, hoping to have someone give me a detailed description.

3. Who is your favorite author?
From the top of my head: Richard Preston, Jared Diamond, Garth Nix, Steven Levitt, and Stephen Dubner.

4. What are your favorite films?
From the top of my head: Clockwork Orange, Where the Red Fern Grows, SLC Punk, The Godfather, and Fight Club.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?

A bit too soon to be thinking about that.

6. At your funeral?
Queen - Another one bites the dust

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
Getting ejected from a roller coaster, hitting dead center into a nearby ferris wheel, getting grind to itty bits, dropping onto the top of a tent that covers a lemonade stand, falling through the leak above the tent, and finally landing into your favorite mix of cherry lemonade.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
A drifting wooden plank with uniformly lit candles across the Pacific ocean. But that wouldn't really be possible if I died how I wanted.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
I usually wear a dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up and a loose tie. Sometimes with a vest going over it. Boot fit jeans. Studded belt. The shoes I've been wearing doesn't really have a brand. They were made by sweaty little kids in Korea which I sport off of Ebay for 20 bucks each. Shiny black with 3 giant velcro strips across.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
I'm still a little kid and I miss being an infant. Enfamil and Gerber Baby sweet potatoes make my taste buds tingle.

11. What's your favorite band?
As of two days ago, Eisenfunk.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
The streets. Entrepreneurship, Pimptology.

13. Why did you join?
As of lately, I've been getting into a lot of Industrial music, Dark Wave, EBM, and the "usual" stuff. I was looking up some things about Cyber Goths and I ended up here.

The past 2 months, I've been in a certain dilemma. Some woman can be quite the handful, etc. etc. I was seeking change and a way to get myself out of the deep hole that I was in. And running into this non specific culture felt like an answer. It made me free, and it made me feel like being myself again. Even though cyber goth was what really ticked me. It's always good to explore the roots, am I correct?

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
I'm sure it did.
DDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:03 AM   #2
Dama de los Cuervos

Welcome!
So, out of your wide range of musical talents, which instrument was the first you started learning?
What are some of your favourite fantasy novels at the moment?
Dama de los Cuervos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:06 AM   #3
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDX View Post
1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
I am a full-time college student. I work in retail every now and then during semester breaks to pay club admissions and etc.

My hobbies include:
-Guitar/Drums/Piano/Violin/Cello
-Video editing and special effects
-Making electronic music
-Driving through mountain passes
-Working out at the gym
-Reading fantasy novels
-Soon to be Industrial Dancer
Where do you find the time?

And welcome.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:24 AM   #4
DDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dama de los Cuervos View Post
Welcome!
So, out of your wide range of musical talents, which instrument was the first you started learning?
What are some of your favourite fantasy novels at the moment?
My first instrument was the piano, I taught myself when I was 5 through a book. I couldn't read it, but they assigned a number to each key and I followed along. I joined the orchestra when I was in the second grade at my elementary school and learned the violin and continued all throughout middle school and high school. Everything else I just picked up and practiced on my own along the way.

And I'm currently reading novels from the Forgotten Realm series by R.A. Salvatore. Just some fun reading that appeases my inner nerd where I don't have to think too much.

Quote:
Where do you find the time?

And welcome.
I make up for time with what I lack in sleep.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:02 PM   #5
Dama de los Cuervos

Ah! The Forgotten Realms books are fun! Have you read the Sellswords trilogy? Artemis Entreri and Jarlaxle make for some exciting tales.
Dama de los Cuervos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:22 PM   #6
DDX

I think I have the first two of that trilogy lying underneath my bed somewhere. But I'm finishing up the Dark Elf Trilogy, and planning on moving to Legacy of the Drow next.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:16 AM   #7
Morlock

You, Sir, have raised the bar on ways to die. I salute you with a glass of cherry lemonade. Cheers!
Morlock is offline   Reply With Quote