Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 09-07-2005, 04:00 PM   #51
edible_eye

usually, when one has all but reasonably lost the ability to discuss whatever topic is at hand, one is reduced to name calling and the like.

thanx for your attempt at calming down, but there's no need to apologize, especially if you're going to add an insult while simultaneously removing another. it's a poor man's way of debating.

a word of advice - say what you mean and mean what you say, peter. if you do that, apologies aren't necessary.
edible_eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 10:16 PM   #52
AlKilyu

Good point TStone: edited.

All the while people are bitching about the Red Cross, FEMA, and the National Guard, those people are knee-deep in the dead. Dead babies floating in water a grade below nuclear waste. Meanwhile all these armchair quarterbacks are belittling thier organizations and efforts. More than likely if they have access to the news or internet on their rest breaks from taking gunfire while trying to coax people out of the festering hellhole they have decided to stay in, they get to run across Americans and go figure, eurotrash, denouncing them for not holding the levy walls up themselves. If they get sleep, they get to return to wading through blood, feces, oil, gas, and God knows what else to save the living while some crackwhore screams at them for not grabbing a few corpses on their way out.

So, with that said, if you have an issue, regardless of your intentions, SHUT THE FUCK UP. That goes for EVERYONE. You want the politics of this? Why? Do you have a time machine? Like Columbine, will finding someone to blame help? No. So again, STFU.

Last edited by AlKilyu; 09-07-2005 at 11:09 PM.
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 10:42 PM   #53
Spazik

They had a funny segment on the Daily Show tonight, where they played clips of George Bush Senior, Junior, Scott Mcfuckit Whitehouse speaker, and some random guy from New Orleans saying they don't want to play "The blame game". His conclusion? People that are usually to blame for something, don't want to play!...he said it in a really funny voice, so it was funnier on TV, I swear.

/just sayin'
Spazik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 10:48 PM   #54
AlKilyu

Wonderful. Go get a job.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:01 PM   #55
AlKilyu

Super. Now go get a job TStone. ^_^

I fixed it.

Last edited by AlKilyu; 09-07-2005 at 11:09 PM.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:07 PM   #56
Spazik

^*re-reads your post* oh, right, because Sean Hannity is such a good, trustworthy person.

Required reading

*edit: There was a Sean Hannity refference in there, but he changed it -_-
Old 09-07-2005, 11:16 PM   #57
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazik
^*re-reads your post* oh, right, because Sean Hannity is such a good, trustworthy person.

Required reading for Republican Ear-Pluggers
<--- Yeah...you showed me...he's so evil the page won't load.

Show the world how much you loathe "The Man" Spaz. Rebel and be the first youth ever in history to do so. Go beyond your mohawk that tells the world you refuse to conform to their ideals. Take charge of your anti-establishment modus operandi and let the world know a man who does more charitable work than most just work! KILL YOUR TELEVISION!

Old 09-07-2005, 11:32 PM   #58
Spazik

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
<--- Yeah...you showed me...he's so evil the page won't load.
It loads for me. Did you try left clicking?

I'm not trying to be a rebel, I just stand up for what's right. Gay marraige, flag burning, and not having religion forced on you is what America is supposed to be about. Deception and bankruptcy of both the moral and economical varieties is something that shouldn't be tolerated, but the Republican party, being nothing more than a conglomorate of vested interests, not only tolerates but sponsors these agendas. So you go ahead and play the role of Young Republican, since that seems to be even trendier right now than the whole rebel image, but the public as a whole will speak during the 2006 elections, and I think it's going to be a long time before we elect someone from Texas to the Executive branch again.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:34 PM   #59
AlKilyu

What's this "we elect" business? You neither can nor want to vote.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:44 PM   #60
Spazik

You forget that California isn't a swing state, like Oregon. My vote doesn't count.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:47 PM   #61
Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_eye
usually, when one has all but reasonably lost the ability to discuss whatever topic is at hand, one is reduced to name calling and the like.

thanx for your attempt at calming down, but there's no need to apologize, especially if you're going to add an insult while simultaneously removing another. it's a poor man's way of debating.

a word of advice - say what you mean and mean what you say, peter. if you do that, apologies aren't necessary.
A poor man's way of debating is to say "You're wrong, here's why" and then make shit up that isn't remotely true. A word of advice to you is to stop pretending to be all disaffected for other people, it only furthers the impresion that you're dishonest.
Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 11:54 PM   #62
Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
All the while people are bitching about the Red Cross, FEMA, and the National Guard, those people are knee-deep in the dead. Dead babies floating in water a grade below nuclear waste. Meanwhile all these armchair quarterbacks are belittling thier organizations and efforts. More than likely if they have access to the news or internet on their rest breaks from taking gunfire while trying to coax people out of the festering hellhole they have decided to stay in, they get to run across Americans and go figure, eurotrash, denouncing them for not holding the levy walls up themselves. If they get sleep, they get to return to wading through blood, feces, oil, gas, and God knows what else to save the living while some crackwhore screams at them for not grabbing a few corpses on their way out.

So, with that said, if you have an issue, regardless of your intentions, SHUT THE FUCK UP. That goes for EVERYONE. You want the politics of this? Why? Do you have a time machine? Like Columbine, will finding someone to blame help? No. So again, STFU.
Will finding someone to blame help?, well, lemme see. Hell yes it will.

Without knowing who screwed up you're doomed to repeat the errors made, if FEMA and Homeland security are funded and equipt to deal with disasters just like this and do nothing and then people blame the people who asked for help more people will die in the next disaster.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:56 PM   #63
Spazik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter
Will finding someone to blame help?, well, lemme see. Hell yes it will.

Without knowing who screwed up you're doomed to repeat the errors made, if FEMA and Homeland security are funded and equipt to deal with disasters just like this and do nothing and then people blame the people who asked for help more people will die in the next disaster.
That's the problem. The ones who follow the ones to blame plug their ears and lock themselves in an ivory tower.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:57 PM   #64
Peter

I can't believe that while we're discussing dead babies and who screwed up people are sort of going "Man, there's dead babies in New Orleans, that Michael Moore is a terrible person". If you want to talk about inappropriate, I'd say dangling a fat biased journalist about in the middle of a conversation about the cost in lives of red tape is in pretty bad taste.

Crap like this is what makes me annoyed, and sure, I could pretend to be disaffected and follow people around trying to get points on them, but then the only people who'd respect me would be those who agree.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:02 AM   #65
Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazik
That's the problem. The ones who follow the ones to blame plug their ears and lock themselves in an ivory tower.
... and to justify this, they say "Well, we should have a small government, so the government isn't required to use their funding and equipment they have at the expense of the state, look at the fat journalist!"

On the other hand, you should still vote.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:55 AM   #66
edible_eye

Quote:
A poor man's way of debating is to say "You're wrong, here's why" and then make shit up that isn't remotely true. A word of advice to you is to stop pretending to be all disaffected for other people, it only furthers the impresion that you're dishonest.
actually, the heart of a debate is right where you just said it isn't, so again, you're wrong and that's why.

you're the only one with the impression of dishonesty on my part - or at least the only one who's saying such a thing. oh, and michael moore was only brought into this because of the post bodnoir put up. that's it. other than that, he's irrelevant. period. i find it odd you refer to him as a journalist.

and your contention of what i say not being true blossoms from your disdain of bush and, i guess, your frustration with me. heh.

tstone - thanx for bringing this back to ground level. i forgot i wanted to give blood. i'll have to put that on my list today as well.

al - i agree with the "shut the fuck up" post. this squabble accomplishes nothing productive.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:06 AM   #67
Peter

Quote:
actually, the heart of a debate is right where you just said it isn't, so again, you're wrong and that's why.

you're the only one with the impression of dishonesty on my part - or at least the only one who's saying such a thing. oh, and michael moore was only brought into this because of the post bodnoir put up. that's it. other than that, he's irrelevant. period. i find it odd you refer to him as a journalist.

and your contention of what i say not being true blossoms from your disdain of bush and, i guess, your frustration with me. heh.

tstone - thanx for bringing this back to ground level. i forgot i wanted to give blood. i'll have to put that on my list today as well.

al - i agree with the "shut the fuck up" post. this squabble accomplishes nothing productive.
You're wrong actually.

What's the difference between me saying you're wrong and you accusing me of the same?, well, I have evidence, you just state things that aren't true.

For example, you say I'm wrong, and that "they decided they couldn't handle it after it had started. they decided to ask for help after the damage had begun". I say, you're wrong, and here's the letter asking for help before it started.

So there you have it, my contention of you being wrong comes from you being wrong.

By the way, if you agree with Al, you should probably shut the fuck up.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:15 AM   #68
edible_eye

the letter was dated august 28, mere hours before the storm hit land. the storm was known about since august 24. destruction in florida was documented as early as the 25th. the national hurricane center warned of imminent danger to the louisiana coast on the 26th. why the 2 day wait when the feds could have started whatever it is they do during a natural disaster? this question needs to be answered. the governor and the mayor need to be taken to task.

'nuff said.

you win though, peter. people here are still waiting to hear from loved ones. i'm done.

you win.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:37 AM   #69
Peter

Quote:
the letter was dated august 28, mere hours before the storm hit land. the storm was known about since august 24. destruction in florida was documented as early as the 25th. the national hurricane center warned of imminent danger to the louisiana coast on the 26th. why the 2 day wait when the feds could have started whatever it is they do during a natural disaster? this question needs to be answered. the governor and the mayor need to be taken to task.

'nuff said.

you win though, peter. people here are still waiting to hear from loved ones. i'm done.

you win.
Wow, I honestly never though you'd use the deaths of your countrymen to try and make someone on the internet look like a bully.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:46 AM   #70
edible_eye

i'm not trying to make you look like a bully. i'm honoring al's request and trying to respect the heartache of those still waiting and hoping their famlies and friends are all right. sometimes, when i get going with a debate, i lose sight of what's really important and i thank al for that reality slap. it's my own deal, peter - nothing against you.

i imagine you're speaking what you believe. we disagree. such is life.

either way, you win.

i'm done.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:52 AM   #71
MrMaelstrom

E_E, that's why we have a thread on the politics forum, to debate these things.

It's the Katrina thread in the General forum that politics is being kept out of for the sake of those still wanting to know about family and friends.

So fire away and don't hold back.
MrMaelstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 09:07 AM   #72
edible_eye

i appreciate the encouragement, maelstrom - however, after reading al's post i started thinking of eps and tstone and soul.

whatever i feel pales in the face of their waiting.

after everyone has their answers, i'll jump back into this - but right now, i'm opting out.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:58 AM   #73
Spazik

/just sayin'
Old 09-08-2005, 10:04 AM   #74
AlKilyu

Quote:
Wow, I honestly never though you'd use the deaths of your countrymen to try and make someone on the internet look like a bully.
Alright I'm tired of you chastising us on a tragedy that isn't even yours. Strive to be above eurotrash. If you can't argue your point without resorting to bullshit like this then just don't do it.

And Spaz (aptly named) you honestly have nothing of sustenance to add due greatly in part to the fact you aren't even trying.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:11 AM   #75
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
i appreciate the encouragement, maelstrom - however, after reading al's post i started thinking of eps and tstone and soul.

whatever i feel pales in the face of their waiting.

after everyone has their answers, i'll jump back into this - but right now, i'm opting out.
Look it's all good..

Yes we're in pain, and I am completely fucked up about this whole situation..

But I want people to care bout this, I want EVERYONE to be angry and seeking answers, sense and perceptions about this..

It has to be done, we have to understand what went wrong.. And the longer this nightmare continues we will have more facts..

Everyone here is entitled to their own opinion, and others are entitled to disagree..

All I ask is that we dont tear each other apart in our search for answers..

Its okay that we wont always be on the same page, and I wouldnt have started sharing the information I have been receiving here, if I didn't want to participate in Dirtnap's discussion of the politics of this whole Clusterfuck..

So E_E and everyone of you is more than welcome to debate at will.. Just try not to eviscerate each other in the process, if you don't always or ever agree..

Free exchange of thoughts and ideas are what we are about here right?

And I appreciate the support I have received here in regards to my missing family members, and those tens of thousand of others still unaccounted for as of yet..

So keep the bloodshed to a minimum okay?

Thanks..
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote