Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:57 PM   #1
LadyMonochrome

Location: At my computer desk, or within the pages of a book.
Hello, all...

My name is Viviane Goss (online, I usually go by Monochrome), and I'm a sophomore in college. My interests are rather... warped, thanks to some fucked up things that happened to me when I was younger. I have never told anyone specifically what happened, but if I did... I feel that I wouldn't be able to go on. I survive day-to-day through lies and denial.

Ahem... so, in my spare time, I work as an amateur author and Beta reader for other authors. I like storylines that are dark in nature-- angst, ****, fighting, abuse, torture... all of those are right up my alley.

I like to think of myself as an eccentric, but to be totally truthful.. everything supposedly "original" about me is stolen from someone/something else. I act completely insane and do stupid, possibly dangerous things to get people's attention. Yes, I am a sad, desperate little attention-getter who only tells the truth when she knows she won't be believed. For that matter, I am constantly taking advantage of people's trust, just because I can.. I'm not a good person, and I know it.

That aside, I'm also a completely hopeless romantic. I love books and poetry, art and music. Don't be surprised if I quote Yeats or Blake at you ^^' I'm also a pervert, which couples quite nicely with the romanticism. My tastes in literature and music are pretty diverse, which I'm kind of proud of. I can read Stephen Hawking without getting bored-- yeah, I don't understand most of what he's saying, but I still find it interesting. I used to write picture books in elementary school, with actual plots other than "See Spot Run" or something like that. I like all sorts of music (death metal to rap to classical..), and I can even tolerate the stuff I DON'T like, mainly country and hip-hop, if only for a few minutes.

I have fairly liberal views on religion and politics-- if you're really interested in those, feel free to ask. But be prepared to listen without judging. As for religion, to put it simply, I'm a skeptic Wiccan. My style changes from day to day, everything from Gothic to otaku, mod to punk, and even some normal stuff sneaks in there from time to time. I wear whatever I feel like wearing, whether it's a pretty dress with 3" pumps or a choker, chains, and steel-toed boots.

I'm a little on the heavy side, but I know how to dress my body type-- which means you probably won't catch me wearing low-rise or skinny jeans. I need a haircut, but other than that, I'm pretty good at maintaining my look. Medium-light brown hair, with lots of natural gold and red highlights, pale skin with pink undertones, and dark brown eyes... More recently, I dyed my hair purple-- Manic Panic is a dear, dear friend.

... Well, that should be enough for you all to decide whether or not I'm worth talking to. If you feel like talking to me, feel free to contact me on Yahoo! Messenger-- my name on there is dearest_monochrome

And, with that, I do believe I'll take my leave...
LadyMonochrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:02 PM   #2
HellforgedX

Holy shit! Who broke my mirror?!?
Welcome to the boards!
Old 11-20-2008, 08:03 PM   #3
tekajo

Now that's what i call a fucking introduction.

Welcome to Gnet, you're gonna have fun here.
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:05 PM   #4
LadyMonochrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekajo
Now that's what i call a fucking introduction.

Welcome to Gnet, you're gonna have fun here.
Thanks ^^' I'll take that first part as a compliment (I was a little afraid I'd overdone it a bit...).
Old 11-20-2008, 08:08 PM   #5
LadyMonochrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellforgedX
Holy shit! Who broke my mirror?!?
Welcome to the boards!
Mirror...? I don't think I was singing that badly/highly... Or that loudly, for that matter... :P
Old 11-20-2008, 08:09 PM   #6
Sanguine Mind

You really should take the quiz, it's practically a rite of passage here, anyway:

Welcome to Gnet Miss Monochrome.
Sanguine Mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:12 PM   #7
LadyMonochrome

... Quiz? O_o
Old 11-20-2008, 08:17 PM   #8
Saya

Its a questionaire in the sticky, but really you did fine all on your own, and answered a lot of the questions the sticky would ask anyway.

Welcome to gnet ^_^ I noticed you said there you dress otaku (which I have to cringe at), do you watch anime?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:17 PM   #9
tekajo

Sang is referring to the sticky thread containing some generic questions to answer. For the most part we've all done it. But it's not really a requirement.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:20 PM   #10
LadyMonochrome

Yes, I watch anime. I read manga, I listen to JRock, and attempt not to get caught up with the rest of the Japanophiles who are all convinced they "pwn" each other. I may not be original, but I do have at least a semblance of standards..

Oh, and if you'll direct me to the quiz-thingy, I'll see what I can do :P My sense of direction, online or off, is pretty much nonexistant.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:21 PM   #11
Saya

What animes and manga do you enjoy?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:57 PM   #12
LadyMonochrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
What animes and manga do you enjoy?
Geez... you had to ask!! The list is so long... well, then. I'll try my best in remembering every single one..

"Angel Sanctuary", "Fairy Cube", "Ludwig Revolution", and "The Cain Saga" by Kaori Yuki are big ones, in my book. In fact, just about anything by Kaori Yuki is great. She's an amazing artist, and her storylines are always so deliciously complex.. :3

I'm a yaoi fan, but please don't hold it against me!! I'm not one of those crazy fangirls whose convinced every single guy should be gay. Yaoi is purely fictional, and really NOT realistic-- real people aren't like that. I've never met couples who're truly "seme and uke" types. My favorite yaoi author's Ayano Yamane-- "The Crimson Spell" is one of her (many) masterpieces.

"Hellsing", "Naruto", "Cowboy Bebop", "Witch Hunter Robin", "Wolf's Rain", "Trigun", "Vampire Hunter D", "Death Note", "Aquarion Age", "Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle", "xxxHOLIC", "Doubt!!", "Ouran High School Host Club", "Hana-Kimi", "Blood: The Last Vampire", "Ghost In The Shell", "Noir", "Lucky Star", "Absolute Boyfriend", "Alice 19th", "Azumanga Daioh!", "Boys Over Flowers", "FullMetal Alchemist", "Descendants of Darkness", "Elfen Lied" (even though the high-pressure blood splattering bothers the heck outta me T_T), "Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni", "FLCL", and "Junjou Romantica" are just a few of the manga and anime I've read/watched and liked.

Whew!! Sorry it took so long to post this ^^'
Old 11-20-2008, 09:11 PM   #13
LadyMonochrome

Oh, and I used to be a big fan of Inu Yasha, but after about the 4th season, I gave up I don't have a good enough attention span to put up with the same story, over and over for more than 100 or so episodes. If I didn't love Naruto so much, I wouldn't've been able to put up with all of the filler arcs >.>
Old 11-20-2008, 09:50 PM   #14
Albert Mond

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMonochrome
I'm a yaoi fan, but please don't hold it against me!!
There should be a yaoi thread.
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 10:04 PM   #15
LadyMonochrome

Mmm, that's what yaoi forums are for. But combining yaoi and gothic equals ridiculously hot, if I do say so myself..
Old 11-20-2008, 10:05 PM   #16
Sanguine Mind

heres a link to the quiz:

http://gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=1644
Old 11-20-2008, 10:06 PM   #17
LadyMonochrome

Thank you very much :3
Old 11-20-2008, 10:10 PM   #18
$haDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Mond
There should be a yaoi thread.

The one that only you and me will keep answering.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:11 PM   #19
$haDe

Oh! and Welcome to the board, LadyMonochrome.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:15 PM   #20
Sanguine Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMonochrome
Thank you very much :3
Maybe I'm just being impatient, but you're supposed to post your answers.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:16 PM   #21
tekajo

Quote:
Maybe I'm just being impatient
You're just being impatient.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:28 PM   #22
LadyMonochrome

You all were right-- I DID already answer quite a few of these...

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)

I'm a student and amateur author. My hobbies include dancing, reading, writing, singing, playing violin and guitar, BDSM, anime, designing clothes, and daydreaming.

2. Where are you from?

.... I plead the 5th. All I'll tell you is that I'm in the U.S, and on the West Coast. That's it.

3. Who is your favorite author?

... It's a three-way tie between Kaori Yuki, Mercedes Lackey, and Ayano Yamane.

4. What are your favorite films?

"Ginger Snaps", "The Butterfly Effect", and "Requiem For A Dream" are all really good.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?

Mmm.. I'd probably be having a Wiccan handfasting, actually... during the actual ceremony, "Appalachian Waltz" by O'Conner, Meyer, and Ma. At the reception-- various dance-worthy songs, like "DJ's Got A Gun" by Robots in Disguise and "Poison" by Groove Coverage.

6. At your funeral?

I don't want a funeral, I want a memorial :P People should be happy and having fun and celebrating that I've finally gone to a better place when I die. Again, dance-able music. And lots of alcohol, in various forms.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

I hate the idea of growing old, so if I'm not dead by my 60th birthday by natural causes or some sort of accident, two of my friends and I are going to play Russian Roulette until we all drop. Again, preferably with great amounts of alcohol involved.

8. What kind of casket would you want?

I want to be cremated, not buried. So no casket.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

The dress I wore to my cousin's wedding-- dark purple, with a corseted bodice and full skirt. But for normal clothing... I'd have to say baggy jeans, one of my (many) underbust corsets over a black camisole, and my black steel-toed boots ^-^

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

Being innocent. Not being constantly suspicious and afraid.

11. What's your favorite band?

Probably Within Temptation.. or maybe Joydrop. Or Darling Violetta... Goddess!! I can't choose

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

I graduated from high school with a 3.48 GPA, and I'm currently going to college-- no, I'm not telling you which one. I'm double majoring in creative writing and humanities Useless degrees, I know.

13. Why did you join?

Because I need an excuse not to have a life.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?

100% female, physically, although I wish I were male half the time.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:28 PM   #23
LadyMonochrome

Sorry it took so long ^^;
Old 11-20-2008, 10:35 PM   #24
tekajo

Thank you, now Sanguine Mind can rest peacefully tonight.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:00 PM   #25
bleedingheart344

Quote:
Originally Posted by $haDe
The one that only you and me will keep answering.
Not true, I love yaoi.